GTAV PS4

Criterion Announces Burnout Paradise Legendary Cars

Jeremy Chubb's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Chubb on Nov 07, 2008 // Community Manager, Criterion Games

Hey folks … great to be back on the only blog that counts (apart from the one you’ll find at www.criteriongames.com, of course).

We’re continuing to support Burnout Paradise through 2009. The fun starts with our Burnout Paradise Party Pack in Feb and will be followed by our awesome Burnout Paradise Legendary Cars Pack.

This year, we’ve introduced some of the most incredible vehicles yet seen in a Burnout game. Our FREE Cagney pack brought you the crazy Steel Oval Racer and the Hippie Wagon, and the FREE Bikes Pack introduced motorcycles to Paradise City for the first time ever.

In 2009, we’re taking Burnout vehicles to the next level with some truly unbelievable new vehicles. First up – The Jansen 88 Special.

This classic 1980’s styled silver sports car is based on the fan-favourite Jansen P12, but we’ve made a few interesting modifications.

Special Drive
Fill the gauge and hit boost to trigger burning flame trails from your back wheels. The 88 Special’s fast, manoeuvrable and great in the air.

In fact, if you want to take off, this is just the car for you. Hit L3 to switch to hover mode – the wheels retract and the car takes off and hovers through Paradise City at head height.

Seriously. It hovers.

Special Flying
This is the first of 4 cars that we’re making available as part of a wealth of new downloadable content for Burnout Paradise. They’re available to buy individually or discounted, if you pick up the whole set. In addition to the Jansen 88 Special, look out for the Cavalry Bootlegger, Manhattan Spirit and the GT Nighthawk!

We’ll bring you details and footage of these in a future post or on Crash TV (our video podcast), and we’ll be back next week with another killer announcement for next year’s awesome Burnout Paradise content.

And as always, we’re on hand for a while to answer your questions below!

125 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ 001 on November 7th, 2008 at 10:03 am said:

Oh my God. I love you.

+ Nathan Hale on November 7th, 2008 at 10:04 am said:

Nice

+ MK24ever on November 7th, 2008 at 10:04 am said:

You guys can’t stop amazing me can you??

AWESOME!!

+ Gord Lacey on November 7th, 2008 at 10:05 am said:

A hover car – crazy!

+ lobotomies4free on November 7th, 2008 at 10:07 am said:

What about the island? We ARE still getting that this year right?

I’m already sold on the Jansen 88 Special btw.

Thanks for all the support

+ C-DuB on November 7th, 2008 at 10:09 am said:

nice but wen r we gunna c more ps1 classics like “One” that game was intense. or Mortal Kombat Trilogy. why is it taken so long too get the old hits too the store?

+ reinheart on November 7th, 2008 at 10:10 am said:

kind of looks like Delorian, looks awesome :)

+ TheZed on November 7th, 2008 at 10:11 am said:

Not as exciting as the Party Pack, but keep the great content coming Criterion. You guys are a shoe-in for the “Best Developer of The Year” award.

+ BrianC6234 on November 7th, 2008 at 10:12 am said:

How many jigawatts of power does that Jansen 88 need to power it? Can we go back to the future in it? As for #7, it is a Delorian, isn’t it? Was it called a Jansen in England maybe? It looks like the Back to the Future car even the hovering part.

+ Exodus_Lang on November 7th, 2008 at 10:13 am said:

I’m pretty sure Criterion has supported BP more than all other EA games combined in the past year. Well done again, guys, and I’ll be buying this almost on principle :)

+ Ghostm on November 7th, 2008 at 10:14 am said:

O M G!!! You guys are the best. Anything you release I’ll buy it day one.

Thank you.

+ feedDUNK_All on November 7th, 2008 at 10:18 am said:

Sweet, don’t stop!

+ TheGuardian1973 on November 7th, 2008 at 10:19 am said:

MARTY: YOU MADE A TIME MACHINE, OUT OF A DELOREAN???

DOC: I FIGURE IF YOU’RE GONNA BUILD A TIME MACHINE, WHY NOT DO IT WITH A LITTLE STYLE!!!

PURE AWESOMENESS CRITERION, PURE AWESOMENESS, YOU GUYS ROCK!!! :D

+ ghamdikh1 on November 7th, 2008 at 10:19 am said:

@Jeremy Chubb

good to see you again Jeremy in the blog and Thank you and the rest of the team for the support you for the game.

so Jeremy can you kindly tell the guys in Criterion Games to add the flowing things to the game:

1-Remote Play SUPPORT.

2-Sixaxis motion controller SUPPORT.

3-in game custom sound track SUPPORT.

4-youtube uploading c

5-In-game Screenshots SUPPORT.

6-Home service SUPPORT.

+ THATPSPGUY on November 7th, 2008 at 10:20 am said:

MARTY MARTY It’s Time. Time for what Doc. Time to go BACK TO THE FUTURE…..

I couldn’t resist seeing as I got the chance to sit in a Delorean last weekend and got a bunch of pictures taken of me inside. I hope you guys don’t get sued for copywrite infringement from good ole John DeLorean… lol
Can’t wait for this.

Also can you make it so that you can HIDE the ONLINE FRIENDS LIST?? IT’s still a major issue for alot of us.Can’t see anything on the right side of the screen which is ANNOYING!

Hook us up with that update please.

+ ghamdikh1 on November 7th, 2008 at 10:21 am said:

@Jeremy Chubb

good to see you again Jeremy in the blog and Thank you and the rest of the team for the amazing support for the game.

1-Remote Play SUPPORT.

2-Sixaxis motion controller SUPPORT.

3-in game custom sound track SUPPORT.

4-youtube uploading c

5-In-game Screenshots SUPPORT.

6-Home service SUPPORT.

+ EvoAnubis on November 7th, 2008 at 10:24 am said:

A DeLorean!? A hovering flame-trail leaving DeLorean!? YES!!! WANT!!! ASAP!!

+ xaos on November 7th, 2008 at 10:25 am said:

Ha! That’s awesome; so will there be a 2.4 Gigawatts or Flux Capacitor trophy associated with the new content? :)

+ TheGuardian1973 on November 7th, 2008 at 10:25 am said:

I HOPE WE GET A KITT FROM KNIGHT RIDER LOOK ALIKE, JUST LIKE THIS ONE, GREAT STUFF GUYS, KEEP IT UP!!! :D

+ PSWii2008 on November 7th, 2008 at 10:28 am said:

AMAZING CAR, but it stinks we have to pay for it! Guess Criterion has to make money somehow! With all this new content being released next year, I think I’ll wait until my birthday in May to get this game. Or, I’ll ask for PSN money!

+ scorpio on November 7th, 2008 at 10:28 am said:

Just AWESOME support!!!

+ TheGuardian1973 on November 7th, 2008 at 10:30 am said:

HOW ABOUT THE GENERAL LEE FROM THE DUKES OF HAZZARD, OR THE MOTHER OF ALL CARS, THE BAT MOBILE, JUST THROWING OUT SOME IDEAS, YOU KNOW FOR INSPIRATION!!! :P :D

+ mywhitenoise on November 7th, 2008 at 10:30 am said:

haha, cool!

+ JordanBlack68 on November 7th, 2008 at 10:31 am said:

I think you should charge for the car packs because of your support (trophies, bike pack and freeburn challenges) I would easily pay for it.

+ Sackboom on November 7th, 2008 at 10:32 am said:

Wait….is this real or am i dreaming? THERE IS EVEN MORE ?????? Oh my gosh……thank you so much, we love you!

+ Nynja on November 7th, 2008 at 10:32 am said:

@TheGuardian1973

LOVE it! Any chance at making it 5 new cars; KIT from knight rider? Please make it the classic tv series version, not the new.

+ BIGxDADDYxJAY on November 7th, 2008 at 10:33 am said:

alright i like this…..alot, but first thing u spelled favorite wrong….”fan-favourite” sorry to bring that up and another thing you sure thats not the car from “back to the future”?

+ babybluedb on November 7th, 2008 at 10:36 am said:

very nice finally some incentive to finish playing the game well i could also finish getting those trophies since i only have 16 percent of them unlocked but this car so remindes me of back to the future

+ nYc_FrEeWiLL_82 on November 7th, 2008 at 10:37 am said:

NOW THIS IS WORTH GETIN THE GAME..IF YOU GUYS KEEP COMING OUT WITH UNIQE ADD-ON CONTENT LIKE THIS..IM FEELING IT. I HAD THE GAME B4 BUT I WASNT FEELING THE OPEN WORLD SO MUCH..I JUS KEPT GETTIN LOST IN RACES..I LOVED THE OLD SKOOL BURNOUT WHERE U HAD THE ROAD ASSISTANCE..LOL..U GUYS SHOULD MAKE IT OPTIONAL..I AND IM SURE OTHER FANS WOULD APPRECIATE IT..BUT HEY KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK.IMMA GET THIS GAME AS SOON AS THE CONTENT IS AVAILABLE!

+ PSYCHO-MAGNET on November 7th, 2008 at 10:38 am said:

Awesome!

+ DaWolf619 on November 7th, 2008 at 10:38 am said:

I thought we were supposed to get one more update for 2008, has that been scrapped?

+ StalkingSilence on November 7th, 2008 at 10:40 am said:

So sick. I’ll be getting the B2TF car.

Thanks Chubb, btw it’s cool all your developer’s names are street names in the game. I drive on Chubb!

+ BraMbleR_ on November 7th, 2008 at 10:40 am said:

I want to see its Flux Capacitor!

+ dowaito on November 7th, 2008 at 10:41 am said:

Criterion Games continues to amaze me at every turn.

Kudos!

+ jazzyrider on November 7th, 2008 at 10:42 am said:

lol – a Back to the Future idea although in the movie it was a Delorean. time to play again!

+ leetfoo on November 7th, 2008 at 10:43 am said:

That’s great. You guys really pump out some quality DLC. Now let’s see if you decide to rape your customers wallets or actually go against the tide lately and charge a reasonable amount.

+ subbed on November 7th, 2008 at 10:45 am said:

Just amazing. Cant wait for the other models!

+ EViD on November 7th, 2008 at 10:46 am said:

Wow. Great news and AWESOME content. Purchase on day 1 (though I need to know the pricing first). So do all four cars hover or does each car have a specific feature of its own?

+ vandam on November 7th, 2008 at 10:47 am said:

this game sounds and looks cool…But I just have one problem with it it’s made by EA and I have been boycoting them since 04… And it’s going take more than 1 good game to get me back…. :-)

+ TheZed on November 7th, 2008 at 10:48 am said:

@ghamdikh1

Check the bottom of your Easy Drive menue man. In-game custome soundtrack has been supported for Months now.

The youtube uploading and in-game screenshots would be cool to add though.

+ Netweb on November 7th, 2008 at 10:50 am said:

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

+ MrBeatdown on November 7th, 2008 at 10:53 am said:

More paid DLC? What happened Criterion? You used to be cool. Please tell me that new island won’t be charged for.

I’d be pretty hesitant to buy new cars, mainly because there are only a few in the game that handle how I’d like.

Maybe you could give us a free test drive mode so we can have 60 seconds or so to try the new vehicles before buying them?

+ narde15 on November 7th, 2008 at 10:54 am said:

you dudes are crazy…… i love it! is their enought room to pick up 88mph. grab the flux capacitor were goin back!

wait are their going to be plutonium stations in burnout now?

+ ftwrthtx on November 7th, 2008 at 10:55 am said:

Nice to see continued support for such a fun game.

Thanks

+ tdh on November 7th, 2008 at 10:57 am said:

“1.21 GIGAWATTS!?!?!”

This is amazing!

+ manguz2000 on November 7th, 2008 at 11:00 am said:

Can anyone say custom soundtracks. This is going to be sweet.

+ Asshandler on November 7th, 2008 at 11:00 am said:

Holy crap.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on November 7th, 2008 at 11:02 am said:

If this game had 4 players split-screen I’d buy it, too bad it doesn’t :(

+ litobirdy on November 7th, 2008 at 11:02 am said:

Uh, oh..

burnout is gonna start to charge AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

but thats cool since we’ve had a full year of free amazing support. Wonder how much the package will be and the individual cars.

+ tirminyl on November 7th, 2008 at 11:05 am said:

You have got to be kidding me? Your support of this game is beyond awesome. I am sorry to say I have not purchased this game yet but consider it sold now.

PAGE 1 2 3