PS3-TLOU Left Behind

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Nov 07, 2008 // Director, PlayStation Store

Hi again! The weekend’s here – time for your weekly update of new movie & TV shows on the PlayStation Network.

This week we’ve added new video content from the following television series:

• Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Season 1
  • Intervention, Season 4
  • It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Season 4
  • Pushing Daisies, Season 2
  • Smallville, Season 8
  • Solty Rei, Season 1
  • Squidbillies, Season 3
  • The First 48, Season 7
  • The Secret Saturdays, Season 1
  • The Unit, Season 4

We’ve also added the following feature films:

• Action Jackson

top movie downloads 11_6

Top TV downloads 11_6

Have a great weekend!

+ feedDUNK_All on November 7th, 2008 at 6:11 am said:

Good stuff!

+ Jeigh on November 7th, 2008 at 6:16 am said:

That’s one hell of an update. Still, I won’t be using this thing until I can grab bundles of TV show seasons. (Also, completing the seasons would be nice. There always seems to be one episode that is conspicuously absent.)

Thanks. :D

+ arkangel220 on November 7th, 2008 at 6:32 am said:

no jurassic park? oh well this update is awesome

+ gtabmx on November 7th, 2008 at 6:34 am said:

Wow, what an update. I am definitely going to be making some purchases this week- oh… oh so this is still not available in Canada (or the rest of the world)? Oh well, looks like I’ll have to download what I would have gladly paid for… If only there was some way Sony could capitalize on this market. I wonder how they could do it… :/

+ liamrabey on November 7th, 2008 at 7:06 am said:

Any idea when this service might be released in Europe?

+ keidalgrim on November 7th, 2008 at 7:06 am said:

Thinking about buying a PS3 this December. But as of now, it’s strictly for the blu-ray functionality. I’d like to use the store but won’t even consider it until HD downloads are available.

Is there an eta for this?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristi Fernadez on November 14th, 2008 at 3:03 pm said:

Hi Keidalgrim- Movie and TV Shows are available for download in HD on the video store. Hope that helps you out.

+ EvoAnubis on November 7th, 2008 at 7:09 am said:

It pleases me to see the first two Saw movies in the top ten.

+ SuperSonic1305 on November 7th, 2008 at 7:14 am said:

Love Guru in first when it’s primarily for a Canadian audience. Hint Hint.

+ kspraydad on November 7th, 2008 at 7:16 am said:

Still no word on SONY and the licensing/copy/backup issues?

Eight weeks of silence from Grace.

I can not recommend that anyone ever PURCHASE content that they can’t back up and SONY won’t even replace due to THEIR negligence (ie. firmware breaking your PS3).

1/5

+ enrichovega on November 7th, 2008 at 7:19 am said:

WOW…that’s a beefy update & early too!

I still would like to see more animae added (Transformers G1,StarBlazers,and Freekazoid). Also please allow for full season dloads at a discounted price compared to individual eps.

+ ftwrthtx on November 7th, 2008 at 7:37 am said:

Thanks for the info

+ zeke2040 on November 7th, 2008 at 7:49 am said:

yahoo! another great update of movies… shesh! i need to put more space on my ps3… i already have about 200 movies..lol

+ lakaihigh on November 7th, 2008 at 7:55 am said:

I think it would be awesome for you guys to upload all the movies based off the books of the late Michael Chrichton. theres so many you could put them in their own section!

peace,
Lh

+ Nymo on November 7th, 2008 at 8:03 am said:

yay! More Disney animated movies!
namely, The Emperor’s New Groove and, of course, Lilo and Stitch!
Not to mention Pushing Daisies!

Another great video update this week!

+ General_Lee86 on November 7th, 2008 at 8:18 am said:

I love the playstation 3 and have had every single playstation since the very very first one but back to my question about the Home invites for Qore annual subscribers which I am and have been since a while before 10/29/08 and was wondering how you will be going about delivering these invites over the next few weeks? Will you be sending them out little by little everyday or once a week or every other day? I am a Very curious fan! Thanks A Whole bunch!

+ blkant on November 7th, 2008 at 8:35 am said:

Thank you for bringing Xam’d back :D, now to fix your policy and add futurama! :D

+ FritoZ on November 7th, 2008 at 8:43 am said:

Grace!

I really wanna try out the PsVideo store, but until you revise the atrocious rental/buying strategy , (i.e. only one download of a purchased item, only being to view it once before the 24 hour countdown starts..)

so let us rent and keep em for a week, and let us watch em as many times as we want, in case we have to stop viewing it for whatever reason..

maybe even just charge a flat $20 per month for unlimited downloads/viewings!

the new xbox experience is going to let all 360 owners who have a netflix account stream em in HD for a low monthly rate..

cmon! be competitive! make us WANT to rent!

and until you can transfer a bought movie to another location or download it again if we have reformatted our PS3′s, buying a movie from the PSVideo Store is useless!

PLEASE LISTEN!!! I’m only trying to help!

peace

+ Money1 on November 7th, 2008 at 8:53 am said:

BIGGEST NEwS HERe….atleast for me….XAM’D IS BACK!! I was wwondering now that season 1is over, can you sell season 1 all bundled up in hd please…i’d buy

+ SDkngsht on November 7th, 2008 at 9:13 am said:

jesus that’s a lot of movies. you guys are adding a lot of selection. very good deal.

one request though…would it be possible to look up movies by the newest releases, not newest to the PSN but newest as most recently released on dvd/from theatres/etc. that would be a huge help. thanks.

+ SDkngsht on November 7th, 2008 at 9:15 am said:

and ditto what #19 said. i really wanted to watch it when X’amd first dropped but i don’t want to rent one view of a show for that amount. just doesn’t add up.

but i would definitely buy the episode or season if i could keep it. not to mention it would give me a true test of my psp 3000! i bet it would look incredible on that screen.

+ StalkingSilence on November 7th, 2008 at 9:31 am said:

Bought my first item from the PS Store the other day (Beerfest). Pretty impressed with the quality. Will be transferring to my PSP. Now let’s work on those prices!

+ FrankieViturello on November 7th, 2008 at 9:34 am said:

PSN needs episodes of Mad Men Season 2!!!

Please?

+ AwRy108 on November 7th, 2008 at 10:09 am said:

No ability to re-download content = NO PURCHASES FROM ME. EVER.

+ smokey_vols on November 7th, 2008 at 10:35 am said:

Great update. I’m loving the Westerns! Thanks for Pure Country.

+ mihabt on November 7th, 2008 at 11:59 am said:

To the PS3 Video Content Management Team. I believe the store will be Much Better off if they updated their business model to a subscription based one AKA Netflix. In my point of view this is the ONLY WAY TO SURVIVE the competition from Netflix, Blockbuster and Regular Cable Payperview. Pay $10 – $30 monthly and accordingly have from 1 – 8 non-expiring videos on your PS3 / PSP with a limit on the concurrent number of videos i.e. $10 allows for 1 video at a time, upto 4 times a month ..etc. Otherwise for God’s sake, who has any sanity and would pay $5 for an SD video download that likely he can get from 10 other sources including his local cable… Wake up and smell the coffee guys before it’s too late. And you better get Netflix and / or Blockbuster to broadcast through the PS3 before you loose this entire market segment and piss-off your loyal fans…

+ senjutsu_dav on November 7th, 2008 at 12:24 pm said:

Canada?

+ schwaa on November 7th, 2008 at 12:34 pm said:

I see the usual group of crybabies is here.

I hear you guys on the subscription idea. It’s got solid gold written all over it.

+ Some Guy on November 7th, 2008 at 12:51 pm said:

I really want to utilize this store to rent movies and TV shows and things like that but I need subtitles because I’m hard of hearing. Is there any plan to start adding subtitles to the content added to the store? It’s like a slap in the face that you even have a subtitles field in the video information.

+ outkast32 on November 7th, 2008 at 2:19 pm said:

SMALLVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD JOB

+ pick-e on November 7th, 2008 at 3:56 pm said:

@Grace

When will the anime series be better sorted? Very few of them have a “second season” so it would be nice if you could eliminate the extra click needed to view series with only one season.

Also, couly you please get “The Truman Show” up sometime soon? Been itching to see this movie lately and I’d rent it from you day one!

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristi Fernadez on November 14th, 2008 at 3:12 pm said:

Hi pick-e- Good suggestion, because of you we made that change yesterday. Thanks!

+ Juniorcortorreal on November 7th, 2008 at 5:35 pm said:

thanks for the update grace!
any news on when The Video Store And PSN cards are going to be available in CANADA?

+ pauls21 on November 7th, 2008 at 6:26 pm said:

Awesome update…
Deja Vu, Shawshank Redemption, The Prestige and all the Star Treks definitely deserve another watch…
Thanks for the update…

+ Nay-nay on November 7th, 2008 at 11:14 pm said:

I say we straight up boycott PSN video content! Its a ripoff anyway at this point. Seriously the movies are bare bones no extra content, not even subtitles. Obviously the don’t want to talk about it with us, so its time for some action.

+ loadstone007 on November 8th, 2008 at 2:41 am said:

This looks like fun, what about other regions in the world???

+ BlueViper on November 8th, 2008 at 7:01 am said:

Seems like a lot of good content to me, but if it is expensive it’s probably not worth it. Better than not having it like us in Europe anyways. Doesnt have South Park yet though, not such a big miss then.

+ firehahahahahaha on November 8th, 2008 at 8:31 am said:

Wow you guys sure have been working hard on getting this updated. Does the 360 update it’s movies this fast too?

I’d probably rent a few if I had better internet, but it’s still an awesome deal. Although I do agree with some people about buying series at discounted prices and some of the other ideas I’ve seen above. Keep up the good work Sony :).

+ NissanFlyboy. on November 8th, 2008 at 8:55 am said:

Pushing Daisies FTW!

+ icechai on November 8th, 2008 at 10:04 am said:

please get previews/trailers for those videos on the store!

+ Sinister13 on November 10th, 2008 at 1:07 pm said:

Smallville? Awesome. I hope its the blueray 1080p version.

+ Korlithiel on November 11th, 2008 at 12:43 pm said:

So when do we get to start downloading these straight to our PSP’s?

+ dickhall1 on November 12th, 2008 at 1:54 pm said:

I’m a new user of Playstation Store. And an idiot, I guess. When I access the store, I find nothing but movie trailers to download. Where and how do I find the full lenght movie downloads? Help…

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on November 12th, 2008 at 5:01 pm said:

Upper left button next to Game \”Video\”; that\’s where you can find the latest in PSN Movies & TV Shows.

+ dickhall1 on November 12th, 2008 at 5:25 pm said:

Ro, thanks for your answer. Well, Im not an idiot. I don’t have an upper left button that reads or shows shows “games” or “video”. I downloaded the latest system date yesterday. My screen reads from the far left, top to bottom, “New Releases”, below that, “Downloadable Games”, below that,”View All by title”, below, ” Demos”, below, Add-ons, below “Media”, below, “Wallpapers”, and finally on the bottom, Staff Picks. Right of that is various game titles. What’s up? I do not see the screen you are referring to. Help!

+ sainraja on November 21st, 2008 at 1:05 pm said:

Thanks for adding Smallville Season 8! I can’t believe it. I had been asking this for a while!!!!