PS4 - Destiny

New “Department” at the PlayStation Store: The Capcom Storefront

Ro Hernandez's Avatar + Posted by Ro Hernandez on Nov 10, 2008 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

Hope you’ve been enjoying the beefy updates over the past couple weeks. If you have been a frequent visitor to PlayStation Store, you would have noticed the custom categories we created for Halloween and for the Siren: Blood Curse promotion.

103008_GameTricksandTreats 103008_GameSirenPage

This Thursday, we are releasing a custom category for Capcom. As you may know, Capcom has been a huge supporter of PlayStation Network, so we collaborated on a special storefront to coincide with the release of Age of Booty.

Within this “Capcom Store”, you’ll be able to browse through all Capcom digital content available from PlayStation Network. Once inside the Capcom category, you will notice that all their content is sorted by title. This allows you easy access to view all content related to a particular game. This includes all full game content, demo and promotional items (themes, wallpapers, etc).

Capcom_PublisherPage_FINAL
Be sure to keep a look out for this new offering dropping this Thursday and some exclusive Capcom content headed to PlayStation Store in the future!

Peace,
Ro

PAGE 1 2 3

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on November 11th, 2008 at 8:01 am said:

Great, just give us SSF2THD and a demo of SFIV :D

+ GueroLonghorn on November 11th, 2008 at 8:03 am said:

+ Keith K on November 11th, 2008 at 8:22 am said:

With the love and admiration Capcom gets from the Sony community, they will be 100% certain NEVER to exclude us from their betas from now on.

Right?!

+ the_icon on November 11th, 2008 at 8:29 am said:

Cool, hope to see stuff like this from EA, Take 2, Ubisoft

+ kspraydad on November 11th, 2008 at 8:42 am said:

@103

Ziiiiiiiiiiiing!

+ Trieloth on November 11th, 2008 at 9:10 am said:

Capcom gets there own section?! Well thats really neat,now all I need is a new age Strider game and some Street Fighter.

+ linebeginstoblur on November 11th, 2008 at 9:17 am said:

Probably off-topic, and I know this has already been commented and commented on, but I’ve been playing a lot of PS3 games with Trophies lately. It’s really fun to go back and try to get all Trophies that I can. Just about all games I’ve played lately use trophies, so it’s been rare that I’ve played a game without trophies.

Which is why I kind of wish that games such as Devil May Cry 4 and Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix could be patched with Trophies. I’d mention Bionic Commando Rearmed too, but they’re supposedly working on patching that in, though I am kind of curious of the timeline..

Regardless, I’m glad to hear of this partnership and I hope that good things come out of it. ;)

+ SDkngsht on November 11th, 2008 at 9:29 am said:

man…what’s up with Dead Rising as a downloadable game in the Capcom section?

if they can put Burnout Paradise on the PSN they can put Dead Rising right?

a remake of Resident Evil 1 would be cool too.

+ maximiliano on November 11th, 2008 at 9:37 am said:

This looks nice indeed =).

But I’m still wondering why all “Bring Monster Hunter to PS3!” comments keep being ignored..

Seriously, I’m a huge fan of MH, played first one, and the psp’s ones. I know there will be a “connect psp MH from PS3″ thing, but that’s not really the point, I want Monter Hunter HI-DEF! That’s what I think all PS3 owners that are MH fans would like to see from capcom..
Just my little “friendly rant”.. sorry.

+ BrandenF on November 11th, 2008 at 10:38 am said:

SF2HDR Would be perfect for a Thanksgiving treat. I wouldn’t mind having it earlier..but if thats your plans…I like it.

+ pick-e on November 11th, 2008 at 10:44 am said:

I see a DMC4 icon there. Will Capcom be selling a downloadable DMC4 for $30 ala Burnout? Please? naaah… Probably just a listing of the videos/wallpaper they put on PSN for the game. :(

+ Trustter on November 11th, 2008 at 10:58 am said:

I really like the idea. I am a fan of Capcom since when I was a kid.

For many years Resident Evil was the best game of my life, but things change you know… I hope I can have those good memories playing all the Resident Evil that Capcom will release (fingers crossed).

Good work Sony and Capcom!

+ EvoAnubis on November 11th, 2008 at 11:23 am said:

Great news!

John, remember what I told you on PSN. I meant it. In fact, on a related subject, where is that BC:R patch?

+ Spurs2120 on November 11th, 2008 at 12:23 pm said:

I remember the BC:R patch they were talking about, it most likely was said just to get some ps3 owners to buy the game

+ PS fanboy on November 11th, 2008 at 12:41 pm said:

Capcom, what happened monster hunter 3? u guys announced it bfore to d PS3 why did u swith it to wii instead? Make it a multiplatform game we dont care if its goes 2 xbox and wii just bring it 2 ps3!
nice update though!
if U guys can put best selling psn games on a low price it would be awesome!

+ yurinka on November 11th, 2008 at 1:16 pm said:

Hi guys, congratulations for the store! :)

But please, don’t use “some exclusive Capcom content headed to PlayStation Store”.

For us, exclusive Capcom content is Dead Rising, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Monster Hunter 3 and the SF2HD beta, instead of PS1 games and non-free wallpapers.

+ yurinka on November 11th, 2008 at 1:20 pm said:

I remember another typical PSN “exclusives” compared to XBLA : the delays (specially in Europe) and the lack of Trophies.

Please guys fix these issues. If not, everybody with both consoles will continue to buy the games in 360.

+ Ajora on November 11th, 2008 at 1:28 pm said:

Great Stuff! I’m really glad to see that somebody is supporting Sony and the PS3…unlike many other developers -_-

Can we expect other things like this? Like from other companies?

And also bring us MH3 and we’re good!

Thanks!

+ DTS MAN on November 11th, 2008 at 1:35 pm said:

Seriously what is the big bloody secret with home? Why o why can we not get this???? Come on some infor please.

DTS MAN

+ FritoZ on November 11th, 2008 at 1:52 pm said:

@119

about Home-

i know! it’s already november 11th!!

man i hope they don’t push it back to december..

+ perrandy on November 11th, 2008 at 2:15 pm said:

i dont know whats the fascination with home.honestly, idk i have read from some ppl that are in the betas that is pretty boring and that there’s nothing to do over there.

lets see when they announce the open beta?!
for those of you guys that are hyped by this i hope its this year and not next…. LOL

+ Korlithiel on November 11th, 2008 at 3:20 pm said:

So when exactly will this be hitting the PSP store? Or is this just another meaningless update to PSP owners, that should have been tagged PS3 or some such thing rather clearly.

+ kingmuscle on November 11th, 2008 at 3:30 pm said:

marvel vs capcom 2 SOON ???

+ SuMtOnE on November 11th, 2008 at 3:58 pm said:

yellowsno69 | November 10th, 2008 at 5:23 pm

YES hopefully super street fighter 2 hd remix will come out this thursday

John Diamonon replied on November 10, 2008 at 7:10 pm
Age of Booty is coming out this Thursday.

so next thursday? =)

+ lionel_lilthug on November 11th, 2008 at 4:28 pm said:

damn sony,,,u makin me so damn happy

+ carlosfv on November 11th, 2008 at 5:31 pm said:

question for John D.

HI i’m from mexico city. and i want to know when is the mexican psn released.

please tell me more information about psn mexico

im sorry for the bad english

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 11th, 2008 at 9:03 pm said:

I know it\’s coming.

+ maximiliano on November 11th, 2008 at 6:01 pm said:

@116
SO so true.. that is what exclusive means to us nowadays =/

+ Vegaz on November 11th, 2008 at 6:38 pm said:

I sure hope there’s a suprise Street Fighter IV demo to go with this launch.

+ klee123 on November 11th, 2008 at 7:35 pm said:

Hey Ro

If you guys can ramp up the PSOne game selection on the PS store then I’ll happy.

Just thinking of

Tron Bonne
Rival Schools
Breath of Fire 3 and 4
Dino Crisis 1 and 2
Resident Evil 1,2 and 3
Strider II
Megaman X3, 4,5 and 6

Is enough for me to be satisfied exclusive content wise. Heck, release some Japanaese versions if you guys want to, I’m sure there will be an audience for it……

Now if only Sony actually opens up the PS2 game downloads for the PS store as well………..

+ PooPuck on November 12th, 2008 at 6:27 am said:

I like the sound of exclusive PSN Capcom games but I hope this is a PS3 life cycle exclusive and not a month or two. I hope to see more Street Fighter content.

+ jazzyrider on November 12th, 2008 at 7:04 am said:

Nice. Suggestion on adding something different to the PSN store: hardware accessories like the BD remote, DS3, ps3 keypad, ps3 eyetoy, etc. I know the normal Sony store has some of these so maybe if it can be linked in some way or just added. Since our CC and address is stored, buying these items and then shipping them would be an easy process.

+ hopp on November 12th, 2008 at 9:49 am said:

this is all good and everything but im getting sick and tired of being lied to every week. i get news letters about these movies that are not there i know that,that is false advertising and something needs to be done if it isnt available i should not receive those emails please4 dont send anymore of the movies emails to people that just get pissed off when they see that.spent more than 3000 on my system and games. XBOX has these movies cant be a legal thing.

+ saiyanknight87 on November 12th, 2008 at 8:18 pm said:

We need marvel vs. capcom 2 again if that happens to come to the PSN I’ll put all my money in the PSN store! that game is essential for anybody who plays fighting games!!!

Please tell me it’s coming to the PSN i’d be most grateful!!!

+ saiyanknight87 on November 12th, 2008 at 8:37 pm said:

Also we need project justice and rival schools for the gaming fighter heads that would be epic along with the classic such as resident evil and even darkstalkers i mean man capcom has so many great games they need to support the titles that made them great!!!

+ Atomic on November 13th, 2008 at 7:43 am said:

@Capcom
Two words: Project Justice

+ zeke2040 on November 13th, 2008 at 8:34 am said:

holly kiwi batman, are you guys serious… this a dream come true… will there be some old classic from nes days or some playstation 2 game’s resident evil stuff or street fighter, or bioinc commando from 1970′s i think… its like an side scroller game… oh man, i hope they bring it all… :D

PAGE 1 2 3