No Man's Sky

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds – Now with Voice Chat!

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar + Posted by Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on Nov 14, 2008 // Producer

Happy Friday Hot Shots Golfers! It’s been a while since our last HSG post, but we’ve been busy testing new features, new costumes and some very special items for a holiday surprise!

pc11_04
As you might have noticed, we’ve started to roll out some new costumes for the wonderful cast of Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds. The first batch was a hit, but with the second batch we wanted to throw in a little something extra.

02 pc06_01

Something that had a little more kick.

Something that could be heard above the chatter … something like VOICE CHAT.

Yes, your eyes do not deceive (and pretty soon your ears, too): the Clap Hanz team has been arduously devoting their time to make sure that Voice Chat, a feature you the fans have been asking for, was flawlessly implemented into Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds.

So now all users, for the low price of FREE, will be able to enjoy a friendly tit-for-tat with their fellow Match Mode players. Simply download the most recent Hot Shots Golf update (available now through any interwebs connections near you), go online and start chatting away with your fellow golfers.

I envision it to be something like this

P1: Nice putt
P2: Why thank you
P3: Yes indeed, that was a great putt
P1: I’ve been practicing offline
P4: Who here has some Grey Poupon?

I know that most of you have gotten the full HSG:OoB experience, but for those of you that have not, its very simple:

1. Make sure your PS3 is connected to the internet
2. Log-in with your valid PSN account
3. Boot up Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
4. Go online
5. Watch the Hot Shots Golf online goodness stream its way into your PS3 via internet magic!

pc07_03
Of course, outside of the Voice Chat feature (something you’ve long been waiting for), we also have some new costumes for Sonia, Kate, Felipe, Bloom and Suzuki lined up for you.

57 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ BlazinDragon on November 14th, 2008 at 1:47 pm said:

Thanks for the update.
Any news of possible support for Trophies?

+ mywhitenoise on November 14th, 2008 at 1:49 pm said:

I love how you guys keep supporting this game!
i don’t play it very much (too many games coming out, I even pushed away my favorite online game Warhawk), but I do own it and it is very fun. I scored a couple of hole in ones…would have been great to get a trophy for that ;) Any chance of trophies?

+ StalkingSilence on November 14th, 2008 at 1:50 pm said:

Nice how you continue to support. Now if only those pesky game reviewers would re-review a game once these kinds of game-changing features are implemented!

+ DG on November 14th, 2008 at 1:52 pm said:

I might as well ask too. Any plans for trophies? Something tells me that it’d be a big hit. LOLZ.

Thanks again for supporting HSG:OoB

+ tearsofash on November 14th, 2008 at 1:54 pm said:

Wow! It finally happened! Thanks for actually doing this!

+ AwRy108 on November 14th, 2008 at 1:55 pm said:

Good job adding voice chat! Now, why don’t you try to explain why it wasn’t in the game from the get-go?

+ chronotrigger on November 14th, 2008 at 1:56 pm said:

Trophies!!!

+ StupidityTries on November 14th, 2008 at 1:56 pm said:

Amen.

+ Asshandler on November 14th, 2008 at 2:00 pm said:

A very welcome addition, I definitely missed having it when I play this online. Great job folks.

+ wavesln on November 14th, 2008 at 2:14 pm said:

nice

+ gmk218 on November 14th, 2008 at 2:22 pm said:

great keep it up with trophies next plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

+ gmk218 on November 14th, 2008 at 2:23 pm said:

oops forgot big update ty

+ slipping_halo on November 14th, 2008 at 2:24 pm said:

Way to rock the grey poupon comment!!!

+ DJ_DTM on November 14th, 2008 at 2:26 pm said:

I didn’t have this game today but now that this upgrade is out,…
I’ll own it tonight.!!

+ BabeBro on November 14th, 2008 at 2:33 pm said:

I traded this game in last week. And until you guys decide to add trophies, I won’t bother getting it again, sorry.

+ Delriach on November 14th, 2008 at 2:39 pm said:

This is great news. I really don’t need the voice chat, I rather have just open keyboard chat like Metal Gear Online. However, this is very nice that you guys have done this.

Any plans to make the servers worldwide so I can play people from other regions?

How about trophies? What about Sackboy!? Let us download him :)

+ SDkngsht on November 14th, 2008 at 2:42 pm said:

dope. we getting trophies any time soon for HSG? this game is one of those Playstation classics on every system. i’ve been in love since HSG Fore (first one i bought). good to see the continued support.

any way we could get a sackboy caddy? THAT WOULD BE THE $#!T

also…off topic but what’s up with the Home Beta for Qore subscribers? i’ve had my subscription since July and still no email with my beta code. what’s up?

+ mywhitenoise on November 14th, 2008 at 2:45 pm said:

Delriach, what are you talking about? MGO has voice chat as well. F- typing!

+ Neil on November 14th, 2008 at 2:48 pm said:

Sweet…and yes Trophies would be nice.

+ babybluedb on November 14th, 2008 at 2:49 pm said:

thanks great content voice chat awesome

+ Delriach on November 14th, 2008 at 2:49 pm said:

Maybe I mistyped it or you misunderstood, but I’m fully aware that you can voice chat in MGO. You can do three forms of communication in that game. Typing. Voice. And preset commands. Preset commands and typing > voice chat. Especially in MGO. If you need to get something out in a split second, you can get a whole phrase out with a push of a keyboard. Can’t do that with voice chat.

What I am saying in relation to HSG is that I would be fine with just keyboard chatting.

+ BraMbleR_ on November 14th, 2008 at 2:51 pm said:

Trophies would be pure awesomeness! Also I would love custom soundtracks for this game. The music gets very irritating.

Thanks for the voice chat. I never play online but I guess it is cool nonetheless

+ mywhitenoise on November 14th, 2008 at 2:56 pm said:

“Preset commands and typing > voice chat. Especially in MGO. If you need to get something out in a split second, you can get a whole phrase out with a push of a keyboard. Can’t do that with voice chat.”

haha! Are you joking, dude! Nothing beats voice chat. You honestly think it’s faster to communicate by typing than talking?

+ Delriach on November 14th, 2008 at 2:59 pm said:

It is faster and more efficient in a number of ways. In the case of MGO, say you see Snake in Sneaking Mission. You see him, but he was already about to attack you and you get stunned. If you react fast enough and push a button on the keyboard to send out a command, the whole command will go through. Not only will the command go through, but if you do an enemy sighted command, then your location will also be given. This doesn’t happen with voice chat and not only that, you would be cut off from talking on the mic once you are stunned.

In that way, not only is it faster, but you actually get to warn your team of the situation.

+ nmc75 on November 14th, 2008 at 3:11 pm said:

NICE patch. Thank you for putting in FREE voice-chat into the game. I only wished all developers would be like you guys and actually listen to their fans for useful features such as this. KUDOS!

+ mywhitenoise on November 14th, 2008 at 3:12 pm said:

that isn’t faster because it would take longer for the users to read.

+ JohnnyMoses on November 14th, 2008 at 3:18 pm said:

voice chat = great

Trophy support = way more sales

Get working on trophy support please! Don’t you WANT to sell more copies?

+ Delriach on November 14th, 2008 at 3:18 pm said:

O_o. mywhitenoise, no. The specific example I listed is a preset one that you can do with the touch of a keypad if you wanted as a macro. You can hear and read the command. You can also see it on your map.

O_o.

+ ftwrthtx on November 14th, 2008 at 3:27 pm said:

Nice update for HSG

+ AranhaHunter on November 14th, 2008 at 3:37 pm said:

Yes, 1 down, 2 to go, add Trophies and Custom Soundtracks and the game is mine.

+ Ortohinco on November 14th, 2008 at 3:42 pm said:

This is about 8 months late. But we shouldn’t expect much from delaystation 3.

@29

It’s sad, but Sony doesn’t really care about RPGs. And since 3rd parties don’t want to develop exclusive games for a console that doesn’t sell, they will stick to handhelds and the occasional 360 exclusive.

+ vandam on November 14th, 2008 at 3:44 pm said:

Hot Shots Golf OB 2 want to hear some info on that……

Also it should be greatest hits game we need more!!!!!

+ Parapraxis on November 14th, 2008 at 3:55 pm said:

PLEASE add 6-axisi controls. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

+ darkiewonder on November 14th, 2008 at 3:57 pm said:

ayyyyy! thank you very much!

I haven’t used the Virtual Keyboard lately. has it been updated to use the full size layout instead of the dial pad style?

again! thanks for the great support ^^

+ 001 on November 14th, 2008 at 4:03 pm said:

Hey chris, make hot shots golf a downloadable game on PSN please :)

+ GGCAN on November 14th, 2008 at 4:44 pm said:

Wow !

Chris thanks for the post.

I really like this game and voice chat will just make it all that much better.

Keep up the great work !

+ twooh on November 14th, 2008 at 4:56 pm said:

—-

Thank you for this update.

—-

+ HidalgoEUR on November 14th, 2008 at 5:25 pm said:

Thank you for you support guys!! The game is fantastic.

And… let me ask you for a little favor. 0:-)

Give us Trophies and Custom Tracks. That would make all of us love you ’til end of times!!

Thank you guys!

+ JEdwards on November 14th, 2008 at 5:30 pm said:

Chris, I’m confused about the voice chat. Your example listed four players (like in STROKE mode), but you said the voice chat is in MATCH mode. Is it in both, or just MATCH mode? Also, is there a plan to implement this in the lobbies or leaderboard (in-between holes) screens in REAL mode tourneys?

Also, I know a lot of people would *love* to see custom soundtracks. Please, please consider it and ***more frequent G0 tourneys with less rain*** (how about some “wind-gauge off” tourneys instead). Thanks!

+ pancakesandsx on November 14th, 2008 at 6:12 pm said:

Can you confirm whether or not the US will be getting the FIRST costume pack that Japan got with the waitress costume for Jasmine etc?

Also, can we please have Toro? I want to golf with the kitty, and I am sure I am not alone.

+ Elsa43 on November 14th, 2008 at 6:23 pm said:

I would have bought the game when it was first released if it had voice chat, however it’s just too late. Right now there are far too many great games out there to play – Socom, Resistance, Little Big Planet.

… hopefully voice chat will be standard on all future editions of the game – and possibly I’ll be a future Hot Shots golfer.

+ Squall2600 on November 14th, 2008 at 7:16 pm said:

I love you guys

+ BG-Money on November 14th, 2008 at 7:24 pm said:

I don’t own it, but if you add trophies I’ll pick it up IMMEDIATELY. I’m craving a golf game with trophies.

+ lakaihigh on November 14th, 2008 at 7:44 pm said:

great post Chris. hilarious as usual. you guys at Hot Shots keep up the great work!

cheers,
Lh

+ Solidus_Dave on November 15th, 2008 at 2:33 am said:

Why don’t you release Toro for Hot Shots Golf like in japan? Of course it is not known here but at least give us the option. It is just DLC and not the whole PSN-titel Mainichi Issyo, you would have to localize.

Same goes for the Toro-outfit (and Ape escape) for LBP. I would even buy if from the japan-ps-store, if you just update LBP to support all DLC from all regional versions (the content must be in the updates already, other wise we could not see Japanese people with that costumes). It is stupid, that the addons from different regional stores are internally saved in different “folders”, so my pal version can’t find the costumes from the Japanese store.

+ enrichovega on November 15th, 2008 at 6:16 am said:

SWEET!!!!

+ TouchyEd on November 15th, 2008 at 6:29 am said:

GREAT NEWS!

Voice chat makes this a must buy for me. I loved the demo, but didn’t see the long term value without being able to actually talk to my friends while playing.

+ Onna76_NL on November 15th, 2008 at 7:32 am said:

Aaaaargh, stop the whining about trophies already, I’m so done with trophies. I wish there was a system I can turn those darn things “off”. I play a game for fun, and this game is FUN!!! Get it anyway, with or without those stupid virtual rewards.

+ Onna76_NL on November 15th, 2008 at 7:33 am said:

I think I’ll let my friend know, so he can buy the game and we can chat :-D

+ Darkemist on November 15th, 2008 at 7:57 am said:

Love the update. Any chance for rumble/trophies?

PAGE 1 2