PS4-The Order

LittleBigPlanet Weekly Download Update

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Nov 18, 2008 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

You may have remembered us mentioning, that we will be giving away a FREE LBP downloadable costume once a week. Well, beginning this Thursday, you will be able to dress your SackBoy or SackGirl with a brand new “Sack-in-the-Box” costume! This costume was designed by “nebu1ou5″ from Rydal, PA, the US winner of the “LittleBigChallenge 003- Official in-game SackBoy Costume Contest”. Congratulations to nebu1ou5! Take a look at the original sketch and the final in-game costume below.

US Winner of LittleBigChallenge 003

LittleBigPlanet Add On - Sack in a Box Costume

On top of this, fans of the quirky world of LocoRoco will be happy to hear that new LocoRoco-themed SackBoy costumes will be available for download at the PlayStation Store as well. What better way to gear up for the release of LocoRoco 2? All five costumes will be available beginning on November 20 and will be a mere $2.99 for ALL FIVE! Take a look …

lbploco

As you can tell, LBP has lots to offer fans EVERY WEEK. Please check back again next week for the latest downloadable items for LittleBigPlanet. See you online!

109 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ TheGuardian1973 on November 18th, 2008 at 2:57 pm said:

Lol, that’s just awesome!!! :D

+ C-h-a-o-s on November 18th, 2008 at 2:58 pm said:

Any chance of physical sackboys coming out in the forum of old snake? :)

+ twooh on November 18th, 2008 at 2:58 pm said:

Nice TV. Too expensive for the others imo.

+ MrBeatdown on November 18th, 2008 at 2:59 pm said:

The original design is better. Still cool though.

+ Nito025 on November 18th, 2008 at 3:00 pm said:

Free DLC = Greatness

+ Gunegune on November 18th, 2008 at 3:02 pm said:

I can’t wait until someone parodies the Blue Man Group sketch about global warming.

+ Stoffinator on November 18th, 2008 at 3:03 pm said:

Free stuff is great, pay stuff is crap.

+ Fatal_Bullet on November 18th, 2008 at 3:04 pm said:

sweet

+ crazypenguin on November 18th, 2008 at 3:06 pm said:

OMG THIS IS AMAZING, i love you LBP DLC! and i might have to buy all of those loco roco!

+ L on November 18th, 2008 at 3:07 pm said:

I wish my costume won. :( It was a freaking alien!!! Come on! Planets and Aliens, they match! :(

Here’s a link if you wanted to see.

+ lifeRPGs on November 18th, 2008 at 3:07 pm said:

I love the locoroco themed sackboys, but i am certainly not ready to pay a cent for costumes. Not now, not never.

+ Aaron on November 18th, 2008 at 3:07 pm said:

awesome! I will be downloading th free one and buying the others! :)

+ irk_t_great on November 18th, 2008 at 3:10 pm said:

when are we going to see a LBP update with things like water, youtube, and being able to put pictures from our HDD’s into our levels?

+ C-DuB on November 18th, 2008 at 3:10 pm said:

You know i put LBP on reserve but i cant bring myself to go pick it up……..i mean creating levels sounds cool but honestly i dont know if i could stay entertained with it, if i cant walk into a room an blow some @$&% up or murder someone im not interested…..now excuse me whilei go get lost in the AWSOME Fallout3 and at the same time do some killen 8~)

+ X1rtam on November 18th, 2008 at 3:10 pm said:

Nice! Always happy to pay LESS THAN A CUP OF COFFEE for multiple costumes for these Sackboys! :D Now, when’s our online Co-op Create mode patch coming in? ;)

+ willykyu on November 18th, 2008 at 3:10 pm said:

LBP is an ASWOME game, one of you think of during the day!
I bought all the costumes, they are amazing, these new ones made me cry of joy (Loco Roco costumes… just WICKED).
Please, keep on fililng my heart with love like that! you are GREAT artists!

+ skynidas on November 18th, 2008 at 3:16 pm said:

Awesome, i love when developers support their games after they release them, kudos to Media Molecule and Sony :)

+ ftwrthtx on November 18th, 2008 at 3:16 pm said:

Congrats to nebu1ou5

+ singhjeet29 on November 18th, 2008 at 3:17 pm said:

LOL the TV sackboy looks so cute. Hope it still has the power cord hanging out, the design is pretty jokes.

+ saintfighteraqua on November 18th, 2008 at 3:19 pm said:

Loco Roco sack Boys!!!! Awesome!!!!
I hope you guys will make many more of the costume designs submitted, maybe even my Sack fighter Aqua one. ^^

+ StupidityTries on November 18th, 2008 at 3:20 pm said:

It appears that you guys have been spending far too much time with the folks over at EA… maybe I should set you up on a date with Criterion.

Honestly, I wouldn’t mind paying for this kind of DLC if the original game sold at a cheaper price tag – or if there were some kind of credit system designed around the levels we create (HINT HINT!). But the price you’re charging is absurd.

+ rAdIOhEaD73 on November 18th, 2008 at 3:20 pm said:

MM I’ll will buy them all, I just can’t resist!!, one question, where is the “First Week” t-shirt that was released in Asia and Europe weeks ago???

+ Neil on November 18th, 2008 at 3:22 pm said:

Hahahah that’s fantastic!

+ I.A.C.W. on November 18th, 2008 at 3:22 pm said:

Really good that youre doing this! I would get this but im too happy with my Russian-Kratos-Spacesuit Sackboy that im not too justified to get them. Give me something really cool like Solid Sackboy or Ratchet and Clank sackboys.

Media Molecule seem like a really good dev team. If they can prove themselves worthy again… they might be a close to IG as my second top developers.

Keep up the great work!

+ photomaster94 on November 18th, 2008 at 3:24 pm said:

i like the drawing better than the one we get.

+ matheaks on November 18th, 2008 at 3:26 pm said:

I really want to get this, but i need money! so i have to wait till Christmas… so thanks so much for the weekly dlc.. AmAzing

you NEED to create a JAK or dexter costume = pure epic
or a old solid snake sackboy= epic + amzing

+ DawnOfAshes on November 18th, 2008 at 3:27 pm said:

hahaha amazing, im gonna buy the loco roco costume fo sure.

I still cant wait to new level made by MM.

+ DG on November 18th, 2008 at 3:28 pm said:

@ photomaster94: Same here.

Still keep the new costumes coming. I got all of last weeks costumes but I won’t be getting the Locco Rocco ones. Just not my thing.

How about a Chimera costume?

+ Koneesha on November 18th, 2008 at 3:28 pm said:

What happened to the pumpkin costume? it was meant to be on till the 19th. Me thinking i could still get it went on last Thursday and it was gone? Is there anyway i can get it?

+ Draicus on November 18th, 2008 at 3:32 pm said:

I’m going to be sad when all of this weekly LittleBigPlanet content dries up.

Congratulations to nebu1ou5 for his awesome design. Looking forward to sporting the TV on my sackboy’s head!

+ THATPSPGUY on November 18th, 2008 at 3:32 pm said:

Can we get The Sack’s a ds3 actually in his/her hand as we/they play? I mean a tiny micro ds3. It’d be cool as heck. I love the LocoRoco 2 costumes, will get them next payday.

When are psn cards coming to Canada and Home Beta is great…

+ 40cal on November 18th, 2008 at 3:34 pm said:

Any chance of getting the Heavenly Sword Pack on the PSN I pre-ordered from Game Stop.

+ EnigmaNemesis on November 18th, 2008 at 3:35 pm said:

Did someone say download?

The way they keep moderating things, you could have fooled me.

+ rbanke on November 18th, 2008 at 3:36 pm said:

For the costumes, I have to say the original design is far better than what’s being offered, I’d rather have paid for something closer to the original. But it’s still good for a free download. Thanks!

I didnt expect i’d pass on any of the costumes, but locoroco just doesnt do it for me so thanks again for saving me some money lol.

Aside from that, Costumes are pretty but offer no substance. People who I play with are much more interested in new items, stickers, shapes, tools, etc.

+ 40cal on November 18th, 2008 at 3:38 pm said:

@ TAHTPSPGUY

A Dual Shock 3 would be awesome, or even a PSP to put in the hands of sack people.

@ Mm if you want to make a killing get the sports licenses like NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB.

And where are the Metal Gear and FF VII packs?

+ SDkngsht on November 18th, 2008 at 3:41 pm said:

definitely a must get. this is turning out to be one of the coolest games i know. i thought i’d be over it quickly at 26 but it’s turning out to be a guilty pleasure in gaming lol.

i haven’t even started the 2nd area (safari) yet because i only played through the King’s levels to get online.

speaking of…i bought it early (got it before the recall copies came back)…so where is our “here on week 1″ t shirts already? lol.

keep it up. Obama & SackBoy 2012!

+ ryan20 on November 18th, 2008 at 3:41 pm said:

what happened to the ice that we saw in some of the developer walkthroughs

+ SDkngsht on November 18th, 2008 at 3:42 pm said:

@# 34

MAN! TELL ME ABOUT IT! a SD charger helmet and jersey of your choice on your little sack person?! or baseball/basketball team of your choice. OH MY F’ING GOD THOSE WOULD MOVE LIKE HOT CAKES!

+ SDkngsht on November 18th, 2008 at 3:45 pm said:

hey what about a few more ideas for costumes. i know FF7 are coming but here are a few i wouldn’t mind getting my hands on:

Patapon Costume
Jak & Daxter or Ratchet & Clank
Chimera
Nathan Hale cardboard cut out disc mask would be cool too

+ Azzriel on November 18th, 2008 at 3:46 pm said:

Props on the FREE DLC and I’m glad to hear there will be 1 free costume each week.

As far as the costumes that cost money…you guys need to bring those prices down to a reasonable level before I will spend a single dime on any of those. Generic costumes should be .25 each and premium, more detailed ones, should be .99 at most. Milking your customers for cheap skins is pathetic!

+ SDkngsht on November 18th, 2008 at 3:47 pm said:

HEY!!!

WAITAMINUTE!!

didn’t SackBoy have on a Boston Celtics jersey at E3′s Sony presentation this year? MAN! what’s up? was that a hint of things to come or what?

can i get a few NFL jerseys, some NBA jerseys, and even some College football jerseys. lets get on those…THAT would be something people would buy.

+ SDkngsht on November 18th, 2008 at 3:49 pm said:

@39…it’s $2.99 for 5 costumes. under your premium rules that would be a $2 savings. so why the complaining? i think $2.99 is fair for 5 costumes if you want them and if you don’t then download the free on every week and keep it moving.

+ GGCAN on November 18th, 2008 at 3:49 pm said:

Thanks Mark.

Nice seeing some stuff is still actually free.

+ SinsToJudge on November 18th, 2008 at 3:51 pm said:

Awesome stuff, will this costume also be available for LBP players in other regions?

+ photomaster94 on November 18th, 2008 at 4:00 pm said:

@ DG ya i chimera would be sweet!!! so would nathan hales or some army uniforms and like an mini auger. i want an insomniac made level. maybe some ratchet ears. a clank backpack. i would totally pay for a insomniac bundle

+ MidgetguyII on November 18th, 2008 at 4:06 pm said:

AWESOME!!!! The locoroco costumes are amazing! (Great game!) It’d be cool if we could also download some locoroco characters for use in some levels, and maybe even get some Locoroco music, that we can edit! That would be SUPER cool!

Also, I agree with pretty much everyone on here that it’d be cool to see some Jak and Daxter costumes, Ratchet and Clank costumes, Chimera costumes, and I’m pretty sure that the NFL and NBA etc… costumes would sell like free samples of hot chocolate on a cold winter day!

+ CitizenErased on November 18th, 2008 at 4:10 pm said:

OMG I love you Sony!

Please make a deal with MARVEL!!! Spider-Man and X-MEN DLC!!!!!! Would love to see Star Wars themed DLC too. You give me DLC ill throw my $$$$ at you!

+ photomaster94 on November 18th, 2008 at 4:27 pm said:

@citizenerased
dont forget indiana jones, batman and super man and most marvel comics. or a pixar pack with the incredibles, toy story and wall e

+ smokey_vols on November 18th, 2008 at 4:28 pm said:

If it’s going to be like this every week I don’t know how i’m going to have time to use all the costumes. Maybe a bi-monthly update would be better?

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on November 18th, 2008 at 4:29 pm said:

Original design was better guys!

The official one looks too generic!

The DL this week is not worth it…

PAGE 1 2 3