PS4-The Order

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Nov 20, 2008 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PlayStation Store weekly update.

Add-on Game Content

LittleBigPlanet Sack in the Box Costume (free)
A community costume for SackBoy!
File size: 1.04 MB

LittleBigPlanet LocoRoco Costumes ($2.99)
A costume kit for SackBoy!  Contains 5 different costumes.
File size: 1.04 MB

BioShock PS3 Challenge Rooms  ($9.99)
Experience the intense, terrifying world of Rapture like never before with the all-new PLAYSTATION 3 exclusive Add-On Game Content featuring three unique Challenge Rooms and some very cool extras. In “A Shocking Turn of Events,” rescue a trapped Little Sister in a disturbing carnival in Rapture. In “The I in Team”, defeat a Big Daddy using only your wits. In “Worlds of Hurt” plow through eight rooms filled with the worst Rapture has to offer.
File size: 402 MB

Dead Space

• Dead Space Astronaut Pack ($2.99)
    Download the Astronaut Suit and Weapon Skin Pack, featuring an amazing 26th Century Astronaut Suit and new skins for the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, and Ripper!
  • Dead Space Big Gun Pack ($0.99)
    Download the Steam Punk Force Gun, the ultimate in Necromorph-killing destruction.
  • Dead Space Heavy Damage Pack ($2.99)
    Download the Heavy Damage Weapon pack featuring a cool new look and massive firepower for the Plasma Cutter, Contact Beam, Pulse Rifle, and Ripper.
  • Dead Space Hot Rod Pack ($0.99)
    Download the Hot Rod Weapon Skin Pack, featuring awesome flame graphics for the Flamethrower and Pulse Rifle.
  • Dead Space Military Pack ($3.99)
    Download the Military Weapon Pack for a new look and enhanced power for all 7 Dead Space weapons.
  • Dead Space Obsidian Pack ($1.49)
    Download the exclusive Obsidian Suit and Weapon Skin Pack now, available only for the PLAYSTATION 3! Includes an upgraded Level 5 suit, and weapon skins for the Line Gun, Plasma Cutter, and Pulse Rifle, all in jet-black PLAYSTATION 3 colors.
  • Dead Space Obsidian Weapon Skin Pack ($1.49)
    Download the exclusive Obsidian Weapon Skin Pack now, available only for the PLAYSTATION 3 Includes weapon skins in jet-black Playstation 3 colors for the Line Gun, Plasma Cutter, and Pulse Rifle.
  • Dead Space Pedestrian Pack ($1.49)
    Download the Pedestrian Weapon Skin Pack, featuring a fresh new look for the Contact Beam, Plasma Cutter, and Ripper.
  • Dead Space Scorpion Pack ($3.99)
    Download the Scorpion Pack featuring an upgraded Level 5 Suit and three powered up weapons, all decorated in an awesome red Scorpion Skin.
  • Dead Space Scorpion Weapon Pack ($2.25)
    Download the Scorpion Weapon Pack featuring a faster death-dealing Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, and Force Gun in awesome red skins.
  • Dead Space Speed Kills Pack ($2.25)
    Download the Speed Kills Weapon Pack! Includes faster-firing Force Gun, Line Gun, and Plasma Cutter.
  • Dead Space Tank Pack ($3.99)
    Download the Tank Pack featuring an upgraded Level 5 Suit and powered up Flamethrower, Force Gun, and Line Gun, all covered in Unitology script.

File sizes: 4.12 MB – 18 MB

Guitar Hero World Tour
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com.

• “Consoler of the Lonely” by The Raconteurs ($1.99)
  • “Hold Up” by The Raconteurs ($1.99)
  • “Salute Your Solution” by The Raconteurs  ($1.99)
  • The Raconteurs Track Pack ($5.49) – Downloadable Track Pack for Guitar Hero World Tour featuring “Consoler of the Lonely”, “Hold Up”, and “Salute Your Solution” by The Raconteurs. Please Note: Many songs are available both as singles and as a part of a Track Pack, so please carefully consider your purchases before downloading.

Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2
Expand your Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2 library by purchasing these tracks.

• (I Just) Died In Your Arms ($1.49)
  • All You Wanted ($1.49)
  • Black Hole Sun ($1.49)
  • It’s Not Unusual ($1.49)
  • September ($1.49)

File sizes: 9.73 MB – 44 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “That’s When I Reach for my Revolver” – Mission of Burma ($1.99)
  • “That’s How I Escaped My Certain Fate” – Mission of Burma ($1.99)
  • “Mica” – Mission of Burma ($1.99)
  • Mission of Burma Pack 01  ($5.49) – this track pack includes all of the above Mission of Burma singles.
  • “Police Truck” – Dead Kennedys ($1.99)
  • “Holiday in Cambodia” – Dead Kennedys ($1.99)
  • “California Über Alles” – Dead Kennedys ($1.99)
  • Dead Kennedys Pack 01 ($5.49) – this track pack includes all of the above Dead Kennedys singles.
  • “Gone” – Crooked X ($0.99)
  • “Swamped” – Lacuna Coil ($1.99)
  • “Forever” – In This Moment ($1.99)
  • “Closer” – Lacuna Coil ($1.99)
  • Century Media Girls of Metal Pack 01 ($5.49) – this track pack includes

File sizes: 15 MB – 36 MB (singles)

Game Demos (free)

MotoGP 08 Demo
MotoGP 08 brings the premiere motorcycling championship to your home console! Speed down 18 official tracks in 15 countries and challenge others in online races, alone or with friends. Featuring easy-to-learn controls, MotoGP 08 is the most accessible motorcycle racing game to date.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 672 MB

Game Videos (free)

MotorStorm Pacific Rift Features and Strategy Trailer
File size: 70 MB (HD), 118 MB (1080)

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe: Kreating the Comic Trailer
File size: 129 MB (HD)

Lord of the Rings: Conquest Trailer
File size: 81 MB (HD)

NBA 2K9 Momentous #1 Trailer
File size: 85 MB (HD), 100 MB (1080)

NBA 2K9 Momentous Trailer 2
File size: 116 MB (HD), 155 MB (1080)

Tom Clancy’s EndWar Launch Trailer
File size: 77 MB (HD)

FIFA 09 “In The Game” Part 8 – Online Team Play
File size: 191 MB (HD)

Dew Tour: Orlando – Chad Kagy
File size: 109 MB (HD)

Dew Tour: Orlando – Adam Jones
File sizes: 107 MB (HD)

Dew Tour: Orlando – From Flow to Pro
File sizes: 97 MB (HD)

Dew Tour: Orlando – BMX Dirt Dew Cup Race
File sizes: 125 MB (HD)

Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers

Hancock Trailer
File size: 124 MB (HD), 156 MB (1080)

This Christmas Trailer (Blu-ray)
File size: 120 MB (HD), 156 MB (1080)

Tenacious D – The Complete Masterworks Trailer
File size: 30 MB (SD), 112 MB (1080)

Sara Bareilles – Between The Lines Trailer
File size: 50 MB (SD), 261 MB (1080)

Incubus “Look Alive” Trailer
File size: 48 MB (SD), 229 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes

NBA 2K9 Theme (free)
File size: 1.99 MB

Hancock Theme (free)
File sizes: 2.40 MB

Timea Mojorova Theme ($1.99)
File sizes: 5.41 MB

University of California Theme ($1.99)
File sizes: 5.17 MB

Shadowy Graves Theme ($1.49)
File sizes: 5.09 MB

Darklight Fractais Theme ($1.49)
File sizes: 6.14 MB

Mrs. Claus Theme ($1.49)
File sizes: 6.86 MB

GunGirls Theme ($0.99)

154 Comments

+ InfinitiProject on November 20th, 2008 at 4:16 pm said:

Last but not least, no PSP stuff this week still?

Basically my PSP is a remote player for my PS3 these days :(

+ Reefer_Smoker97 on November 20th, 2008 at 4:27 pm said:

not the best too much add on content for the last while witch is not bad but everything is add on content these days besides the random demo and stupid videos and btw I thought people who downloaded the home theme would get into the extended beta is that true or not I downloaded it first day it came out so I think if it’s true their should be a good chance of me getting in

+ ChefOo7 on November 20th, 2008 at 4:28 pm said:

@ bloggin

you’re like, what, 9? Spamming the blog with your whining is not only annoying, but it’s not helping your cause.

Acting like a brat might work on your mom, but it won’t work here. seriously, think about it.

+ Reefer_Smoker97 on November 20th, 2008 at 4:28 pm said:

and also who would pay for the stupid nfs add on stuff like they did it last year with pro street or w,e that one was called when you can unlock that stuff for free by playing the game instead of spending 10 bucks like wtf

+ Mardil on November 20th, 2008 at 4:30 pm said:

Ohh cool and all but when are my GH:WT drums going to work with RockBand2? Been waiting for that update for three weeks!!

+ geekmeetsworld on November 20th, 2008 at 4:31 pm said:

I think I need to bail on the PSP like bad stock. If Sony doesn’t care, why should I?

PSP has/had so much potential and Sony just keeps ignoring it like an unwanted child.

+ Korlithiel on November 20th, 2008 at 4:37 pm said:

So another week and no new PSP content, guess I should just expect it by now and go back to my wait a month + before checking in.

+ VXbinaca on November 20th, 2008 at 4:40 pm said:

Guys, love the Linger in Shadows music but youre missing a track from that art demo.

Go into the menu and press L3 and R3 and it unlocks the “Hidden Part”.

Yeah I want that music. I like chip-tune stuff on a Porche of a modern console. I just like Chip tune music anyway and want that particular track.

Think you could rustle it up for us LiS/demoscene fans?

Also NICE DEAD SPACE DLC. I got it all. Hopefully they’ll expand the game and carry the enemies more. Thats my only complaint, too many of the same kind of enemy. I wish I could play the game and have the monsters all be different, like in John Carpenter’s: The Thing.

That is all.

+ Bender Rodriguez on November 20th, 2008 at 4:44 pm said:

Bloggin’s comments should be removed. He is acting immature and just spamming for the hell of it.

+ VXbinaca on November 20th, 2008 at 4:49 pm said:

@112

Isn’t it beautiful when a 12 year old boy discovers Copy and Paste?

+ technodoll on November 20th, 2008 at 4:57 pm said:

meh… maybe next week… or not…

+ playfire.com on November 20th, 2008 at 5:08 pm said:

I wonder how long it takes to make this post every week :P

Thanks again Chen!

+ Ramage on November 20th, 2008 at 5:13 pm said:

Just because you’re making us pay for SOME themes doesn’t mean you should make the FREE themes SUCK.

Other than that, how come we don’t get the Locoroco PSP demo.

LBP stuff is sweet, but I won’t be paying for anything. Stop trying to nickel ‘n dime us, it won’t work.

+ psyXcho on November 20th, 2008 at 5:21 pm said:

I’m starting to think that Sony doesn’t even read these posts. Way to run a blog and gather no information.

btw blogging you should be strung up by the two fingers you are using to ctrl v….

+ pancakesandsx on November 20th, 2008 at 5:33 pm said:

What’s going on with Soldner X? I’m really looking forward to that. I was supposed to come out in October, then delayed to late November, and well, it’s late November. Are we really going to get that and Street Fighter on the same day?

+ DryvBy on November 20th, 2008 at 5:44 pm said:

Can we please, PLEASE, get some more Trophy support, heck, at least on some of the games already out there. With that new Xbox look, it’s tempting to buy my friend that instead of the PS3 for his birthday in 2 months… No need when achievements are already on any 360 game.

+ balliinn on November 20th, 2008 at 5:49 pm said:

holy crap! enough with the stupid DLC! sick of it!

+ Maverick_fox on November 20th, 2008 at 5:54 pm said:

Is there any chance that you’ll release the Resistance 2 LE bonus BD on the PSN store?, ’cause it’s impossible to find where I live.

+ enewtabie on November 20th, 2008 at 6:14 pm said:

Can you please ban Bloggin.Spamming up the blog is for losers.
Thanks for the Mirrors Edge free song.I already have it on itunes,but still a good song.

+ kspraydad on November 20th, 2008 at 6:15 pm said:

Just want to update SCEA on my CFW solution….I desperately want to buy content for my PSP from the PSN wifi store but alas you have deemed it appropriate to abandon the PSP for about 6 weeks now.

Due to this lack of content I had to go CFW (the first time I’ve EVER done this on a console) in order to get something new to play.

I am enjoying MY PS1 games on the PSP now (I don’t steal so I’m only playing my own content) but you could have had many a sale to me if you put ANYTHING on the store for the PSP.

Sorry.

1/5 for the blog entry and 0/5 for your involvement with the fans.

Glad to hear DiRT may come to the PSP next year though.

+ kspraydad on November 20th, 2008 at 6:16 pm said:

@121…as of Jan 09 ALL games will be required to have trophies moving forward. Also…why would you give a friend a gift that will cost him $200 for the next 4 years just to play with someone other than you (presuming you have a PS3)

+ samrican on November 20th, 2008 at 6:20 pm said:

moto gp demo its broken. when you quit the game the ps3 freezes

+ samrican on November 20th, 2008 at 6:27 pm said:

i mean motogp 08

+ Enigma777 on November 20th, 2008 at 6:41 pm said:

lame update.. only thing i liked is the mp3′s… get more of those Sony!

And for god’s sake, update the damn ava selection!!!!!!

+ schwaa on November 20th, 2008 at 6:47 pm said:

Weak update, no big deal though. Supporting 2K by buying the bioshock crap is a slap in the face to Playstation fans the world over. Don’t even get me started…

+ scorpio on November 20th, 2008 at 7:06 pm said:

Not much but still thankful for it.

To all the naggers you can expect great updates every week!!! lol

I have Home Beta it’s pretty sweet and got TONS of potential!!!

+ MidgetguyII on November 20th, 2008 at 7:17 pm said:

I liked this update! Mainly because ANY update that has SOMETHING to do with LittleBig Planet is a good one! lol Seriously though, once I get another one of those AWESOME PSN Cards, I’ll buy the locoroco costumes, but, until then, I’ll have my T.V. set Sackboy to keep me company!

One thing though, is it just me, or is the Dead Space stuff really dumb?! I could understand if these add-ons were free, but seriously! All they are, are “upgrades” to the weapons… it’s just kind of bland, and for paying THAT MUCH MONEY for small updgrades to guns in a game that LET’S YOU UPGRADE THE GUNS REGARDLESS is kind of stupid…

But, oh well… I’m fine with it… as long as I have my sack people, I’m fine! :P

+ MidgetguyII on November 20th, 2008 at 7:19 pm said:

OH, one more thing…

The music is AWESOME!!!!! I really like the Mirror’s Edge Theme Song, and the music from Linger in the Shadows is one of my FAVORITES! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

PLEASE add more video game music every week, these songs really are beautiful!

+ Jayceon_Kidd on November 20th, 2008 at 7:41 pm said:

did anyone notice that weird tab with the punisher that redirects you to an error screen?

+ hakatox on November 20th, 2008 at 7:48 pm said:

blogger…..
I can’t wait till our psn is our only way to log in, cause yer immature ass is gonna get banned so damn quick….
spamming POS
you are the example of a whiney immature fanboy POS that makes us all look bad to the 360 owners.
at least post something…. I dunno…. intelligent

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on November 20th, 2008 at 8:01 pm said:

So once again it’s just a bunch of crap designed to nickel and dime us to death for content that should have been on the games in the first place.

(Isn’t that what Blu-Ray was for – the extra space for all that extra content?)

I really need to get a 360. The PS Store is starting to make me sick.

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on November 20th, 2008 at 8:05 pm said:

@126 – kspraydad

Good for you.

I CFW’d my PSP ages ago because Sony refused to bring out the Suikoden I&II collection for PSP that I happily would have supported by buying again.

You have every right to do what you want with *your* PSP. What you’re doing is *not* illegal.

+ VXbinaca on November 20th, 2008 at 8:06 pm said:

Bloggin’s still at it. Seen I hope to see a big:

[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

under one of his sensless posts.

+ venneer on November 20th, 2008 at 8:06 pm said:

@136
Glad someone brought it up, I was starting to get the feel that it was personal.

+ FritoZ on November 20th, 2008 at 8:08 pm said:

“(Isn’t that what Blu-Ray was for – the extra space for all that extra content?)”

EXACTLY!!! that’s what i used to think…now i see some DLC is finished before the game even ships…

this is ruining video games for me..

they care more about making EXTRA money than keeping the customers who have ALREADY paid full price $60 game!

+ jazzyrider on November 20th, 2008 at 8:08 pm said:

Cool – finally some content worth downloading!

+ BStreakX on November 20th, 2008 at 8:19 pm said:

It’s good to see some movie trailers. There was a bit of a slump with few new movie trailers, I was beginning to worry Sony was phasing out that feature.

+ lakaihigh on November 20th, 2008 at 8:26 pm said:

i want that dead space stuff because i can’t get enough of that game but ea you are killing my wallet with all those price points. i just can’t afford all of it. sorry guys. I’m looking for freebies across the board. twas an alright update. gave it 3 boxes anways.

sorry,
Lh

+ jessikat916 on November 20th, 2008 at 10:05 pm said:

Ok, so there is another update, that’s great….but where is home? Why do I keep hearing that I will see it and never do?

+ Jokerhh82 on November 20th, 2008 at 10:45 pm said:

Söldner X? Savage Moon?

At least say something about it, both say “November” an exact Date would help… or just let my fears become Reality and confirm theyre delayed again…

+ nick2409 on November 20th, 2008 at 10:46 pm said:

you did celebrate second anniversary but give us a weak update and still no HOME open beta! you said we get access november 19th!

+ SpiritThief on November 20th, 2008 at 11:30 pm said:

Where are all the PS1 games?

+ juuken on November 21st, 2008 at 2:59 am said:

…Patience is a virtue.

That’s all I’m going to say.

And Bloggin’ needs to be banned or have his/her comments deleted.

The update was kinda meh though. Hancock was a horrible movie so…yeah.

I’ll check out the Loco Roco costumes!

+ Jedi_webslinger on November 21st, 2008 at 5:14 am said:

More ps1 games and PSP stuff would be cool. I still have my MLB 07 theme install on my psp ;o) but nice uppdate anyways!!

+ albertperk on November 21st, 2008 at 5:43 am said:

Wow…this update kinda stinks compared to the previous weeks. Ah well, it’s all good.

+ joeboosauce on November 21st, 2008 at 6:20 am said:

So… todays update brings us $27 in DLC for Dead Space! Woo hoo! And the game was only $60! Not counting the PAID DLC from before. Can’t wait to spend up to $200 for for DLC in this game! SWEET!!!!

Seriously, DLC needs to NOT be a crutch and not a way to milk money from gamers. I am starting to think that game development is suffering due to this.

+ DEZVOUS on November 21st, 2008 at 7:19 am said:

Come on guys, release some better PS1 games for the store! If you’re taking the sales of the PS1 games you’ve already put up as an indicator of how well they’re selling on the PSN then that’s not a very good gauge because I guarantee you throw up some MGS, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, hell even Dino Crisis, and you’ll see some definite downloads.

Get a move on. With such a huge back catalog of amazing PS1 titles it’s a no brainer.

+ zeke2040 on November 21st, 2008 at 7:45 am said:

oh my freakn god, SONY has answer my prayer’s… thanks you guys so much for the dead space , LBP, bioshock, music from linger in shadow’s and mirror’s edge.. i will have tons of thing to do for the weekend.. but let’s talk about the release of street fighter 2 HD remix..lol keep up the good work peeps…

+ SDkngsht on November 21st, 2008 at 8:17 am said:

hey…you guys didn’t mention the Moto GP demo in the list. downloaded it this morning.

+ MetalGearRay on November 21st, 2008 at 10:31 pm said:

The lack of PS1 games is getting kind of ridiculous.