GTAV PS4

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Cometh!

John Diamonon's Avatar + Posted by John Diamonon on Nov 20, 2008 // Product Marketing Manager, Capcom

It’s a great time to be a Street Fighter! It’s with great pleasure that I announce that HD Remix will arrive on the PlayStation Network real soon! Now you have the chance to debate which legs are more appealing, the turkey leg you’re about to have or the ones on Chun-Li.

SFHD PSN

Here are the details:
Release date: November 25, 2008 (I know, finally, right?)
Price: You’ve heard it here first! Only $14.99!
Trophies: Not at launch
Online Play: Of course
Graphics: 1080p baby
Gameplay: Two types – Original and Rebalanced

Here are some videos that will get you hyped for the game and will make you say, “Put him in a body bag!”

But wait, there’s more! Exclusive to the PlayStation Network, fans will have the opportunity to download the Street Fighter Underground Remix Soundtrack for free! I was able to get a few of my favorite hip hop artists to create original songs inspired by the series. Here’s the line up: Redman, Hieroglyphics, DJ Qbert, DJ Toure, Zion I, Mistah F.A.B. and Oh No.

SFHD Music

Oh yeah, we also have a “little” Street Fighter surprise coming later this holiday season. Let the speculation begin. Talk to you next week!

Hadouken!

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ XxBigP123xX on November 20th, 2008 at 11:05 am said:

Trophies: Not at launch

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 11:16 am said:

Seriously, unfortunately. We couldn\’t delay the game even longer, could we?

+ Koroshiya on November 20th, 2008 at 11:09 am said:

I’ll take a plate of Chun-Li with a side order of Cammy please :D Can’t wait! Up for a match when this drops John? You’re already on my list.

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 11:42 am said:

I\’ll play you next Tuesday.

+ Syndicate3 on November 20th, 2008 at 11:10 am said:

Just like Bionic Commando. No trophies, and most likely none for a few months.

Anyways, i like how Capcom is prepping major new releases of their games with old retro classics.

Any plans for Resident Evil 2? You know, to prep for RE5 :D.

I know you can’t say much, but a simple eye wink will be satisfying.

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 11:16 am said:

;)

trying.

+ Captain Fury on November 20th, 2008 at 11:13 am said:

all I need now is a Ryu avatar on the PSN!

glad to see this coming on tuesday.

Probably the background on the Capcom store will change to a street fighter theme right?

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 11:15 am said:

You read my mind.

+ KaiserSosate on November 20th, 2008 at 11:14 am said:

Oh well no trophies, this is still a fighter that I want.

+ Soulfood4 on November 20th, 2008 at 11:15 am said:

Not a fan of street fighter, but good news for the fans.
Im really dissapointed that Sony isnt making Trophies mandatory at launch

+ TheHater on November 20th, 2008 at 11:18 am said:

Where is my Monster Hunter? Any news on it John?

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 11:27 am said:

Not at this time Hater.

+ 40cal on November 20th, 2008 at 11:18 am said:

@ John Diamonon

I am all over that sound track. With Redman, Hieroglyphics, DJ Qbert, DJ Toure, Zion I, Mistah F.A.B. and Oh No I think you got me more excited for the sound track than the game.

I will still be getting both. :)

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 11:36 am said:

You\’ll dig the tracks.

+ Fersis on November 20th, 2008 at 11:20 am said:

So if it says Trophies: Not at launch , it means that trophies are comming.
Good news , and im gonna get this sweet game, im craving for some Ken right now :p

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 11:37 am said:

Not a confirmation. We\’re evaluating all of our digital titles and looking into it.

+ drdre74 on November 20th, 2008 at 11:22 am said:

Will there ever be a bionic commando trophy update to go along with this game? I stopped playing Bionic since i knew I’d have to replay it all over again when or if a patch ever comes out. Its been months. Is it really that hard to import trophies to a game?

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 11:44 am said:

I think it\’s a problem with resources right now. The team is in full force working on the next gen title. When I have more info, I\’ll share it with you.

+ Trieloth on November 20th, 2008 at 11:22 am said:

Looking forward to this game to be released. Trophies?..oh well not a big deal. Strider remake please and thank you.

+ bronxchulo on November 20th, 2008 at 11:22 am said:

why does it have to come out next week? can’t you do it with todays update?

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 11:55 am said:

Well, why you\’re waiting for turkey, you can pwn fools online.

+ smokey_vols on November 20th, 2008 at 11:23 am said:

Thank you Capcom, loving the free soundtracks. I’ll be sure and download this Tuesday! Keep showing us PS fans love.

+ Syndicate3 on November 20th, 2008 at 11:23 am said:

+ Strider2K99 on November 20th, 2008 at 11:26 am said:

I can’t believe the amount of people complaining about no trophies already. Don’t listen to them John D. This game is as good as bought at $15 for classic Street Fighter action. Day one.

+ Rampge76 on November 20th, 2008 at 11:26 am said:

OH MAH GODDDDDDDDD! I feel like a preteen at a Jonas Brothers concert! Can’t wait!, thanks Capcom!

YEAAHHHH!!

+ GuyaneseG on November 20th, 2008 at 11:26 am said:

wow, cant wait!

+ DanB91 on November 20th, 2008 at 11:26 am said:

voice chat?

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 11:45 am said:

+ OLy on November 20th, 2008 at 11:29 am said:

I will definitely be purchasing this on Tuesday. Will there be in-game music?

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 11:45 am said:

No in-game music unfortunately.

+ ftwrthtx on November 20th, 2008 at 11:30 am said:

Sounds like a fun game and it is in 1080p. Nice combination.

+ Captain Fury on November 20th, 2008 at 11:31 am said:

would be nice If you create a music section on the Capcom Store and release some soundtracks in there (like you do on itunes)

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 11:50 am said:

We will have music on the Capcom store categorized by title.

+ TTP on November 20th, 2008 at 11:31 am said:

Trophies: Not at launch

Capcom, please. We know they are not coming. So stop it.

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 11:51 am said:

We\’re looking into it is as much as I can say at this point.

+ Andronix on November 20th, 2008 at 11:32 am said:

I can’t wait for this game, the graphics are lush and the gameplay is legendary.

Trophies “not at launch” -does this mean they are definitely coming?

+ rAdIOhEaD73 on November 20th, 2008 at 11:33 am said:

Pleas don’t hate me, but this game is too little too late, I’d rather wait for SF IV a couple of months, good luck with the game thoug…

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 11:54 am said:

They\’re both good games. The price on remix is much cheaper.

+ Anddo on November 20th, 2008 at 11:34 am said:

The pricing is just about right, sold! Capcom is on a roll with these PSN titles. Keep it up.

+ davivman on November 20th, 2008 at 11:35 am said:

This is fantastical! Two quick questions for you: (1) Is there an option to play with the old school 1993 graphics? and (2) Any chance a legitimate arcade stick will be released for the PS3 similar to ones released on older systems?

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 11:53 am said:

1) Playing the old character graphics is an option. The backgrounds stay the same.

2) We are making an arcade stick with MadCatz using real sanwa parts.

+ lifeRPGs on November 20th, 2008 at 11:35 am said:

Oh wow, about time.

+ technodoll on November 20th, 2008 at 11:36 am said:

Wow! A free soundtrack! That’s freaking great. Will it contain both the new songs and in-game music, or just the new songs, by the way?

+ grashopper on November 20th, 2008 at 11:37 am said:

If I buy it will you kick my ass online? :) Who’s your fav fighter John…I’m a Ryu guy myself.
Looking forward to its release!

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 11:53 am said:

Learned with Guile, evolved with Ken. i like Ken\’s attitude. He seems to have more fun than Ryu.

+ Johnny Cullen on November 20th, 2008 at 11:38 am said:

Is this a Worldwide release next wee John or is it just North America only (C’mon dont leave the UK out ;))

+ Norgrove on November 20th, 2008 at 11:39 am said:

“Oh yeah, we also have a “little” Street Fighter surprise”

Street Fighter costumes for LittleBigPlanet!?
Hooray!

+ JohnnyMoses on November 20th, 2008 at 11:43 am said:

I love SF2! Unfortunately, I still have all my old SF games. So …

No Trophies = No Purchase for me!

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 1:16 pm said:

How much do you really love SF2 if you\’re not going to buy the game without trophy support?

+ trapper12 on November 20th, 2008 at 11:44 am said:

This is a day one purchase for me. Thanks John for giving us a lot of content for the PSN. Now I wait for Street Fighter to come, so I can beat my buddies as the best Street Fighter player against them. lol

+ EvoAnubis on November 20th, 2008 at 11:46 am said:

*chuckles* Must’ve seen me coming, because you KNEW what I was going to bring up.

When that trophy patch hits, you can have my $15. Until then, I’m sorry, but I’m not going to be able to do it.

Music by Redman and Zion I? I’m on it!

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 11:56 am said:

So you\’re gonna take my free music but not the game!!!! UGH!

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 11:57 am said:

Yes, Evo, that was a preemptive strike just for you. :)

+ Charliesdad on November 20th, 2008 at 11:47 am said:

@31 oooh didn’t think about LBP costumes from the hint that was dropped… I was thinking more along the lines of some PSP SF love, but you’re probably right.

+ Charliesdad on November 20th, 2008 at 11:50 am said:

And speaking of PSN..I would love to see Sony getting more aggressive about getting PSN software reviewed by the gaming press. There are some great titles that are just floating in limbo without as much notice as they should be getting. I think if people who follow gaming but haven’t joined the PSN family (what ARE you waiting for, honestly?) saw some of the amazing content out there, they’d get off the fence. Enjoy those two cents. :-)

+ Captain Fury on November 20th, 2008 at 11:50 am said:

@31

dont jump to conclusions too fast or you could get some PAIN …

+ Jezer29 on November 20th, 2008 at 11:50 am said:

Damn my dude.. $15 beans!!! Thats kinda steep IMO, with no trophies, no remote play.. Honestly all these classic games should be able to run on my PSP without Remote play IMO.. You know like the PS3/PSP PS1 classic.. Im mean other than the prettier graphic’s what the difference of me just buy SF Alpha 2 for $6.. Again Im not hating, that just how I feel now, in the crucial financial time.. lol.. BTW in the 1st vid you got you’re ass kicked.. I suggest either we do some editing or change the avatar.. Love the Karate Kid music though.. Classic ;)

+ ChefOo7 on November 20th, 2008 at 11:51 am said:

As excited as I am to hear both a release date and price, I’m a lil disappointed to hear “Trophies: not at launch,” but its clearly understandable. My comment isn’t rooted in the lack of initial trophy support (i play games whether or not its supported), but more of the fact that it leaves Capcom’s delayed trophy support open-ended. I just wish that if/when that time comes, it won’t come too late. SF will always have replay value so i’m not too concerned, but for other games such as BC:R, I think late trophy implementation is just what it is: too late.

Thanks though, John and Capcom, for finally releasing this game. I’ve been an avid supporter for as long as I can remember (I would run to my nearby 7-11 back in my elementary school days to play this game) and will continue to do so. ^_^

Cheers!

+ dmorris1129 on November 20th, 2008 at 11:52 am said:

what about online tournaments??

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 1:13 pm said:

Yup, in there.

+ Captain Fury on November 20th, 2008 at 11:53 am said:

@21 John

glad to see is already in the works

+ amco_pirate on November 20th, 2008 at 11:53 am said:

Any word on a working RE1: Director’s Cut appearing on PSN this week?

I purchased it last week from the Capcom store and not only is it PSP only, but it doesn’t even boot!

+ EvoAnubis on November 20th, 2008 at 11:56 am said:

@42: Now THAT would be a buy.

+ obzerver on November 20th, 2008 at 11:56 am said:

Finally! Congrats Capcom, you get my first PSN purchase!

+ Theossie on November 20th, 2008 at 11:57 am said:

Trophies: not at launch

I don’t have an issue with that is all.. but are they actually going to be added.

Are they going to be added to any of the PSN games. Besides BC:R which is supposed to be added when the 3D game comes out.

Resident Evil – Directors Cut… I want it.. Don’t even have to be in English..

Thanks John man..

+ Oysterboy on November 20th, 2008 at 11:58 am said:

So is there gonna be in game music?

+ JBruno on November 20th, 2008 at 11:58 am said:

Hi John, long time we dont see each other in PSN.

Nice price, I have another questions: 1-how much space in disk required, any idea?
2- Where´s my Bionic Commando trophies?
3- Wheres´s my PS3 Dead Rising for download in PS Store for 29.99 bucks ?

Thanks and I as always, SF2HD is a must buy for me.

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 1:16 pm said:

What\’s up J!

1) Not sure
    2) I know, I know. I\’ve been on the team.
    3) Don\’t know anything about that.

+ leetfoo on November 20th, 2008 at 11:58 am said:

Tuesday? Nice! I hope you’re serious, I would love to see the “we only get new stuff on Thursdays” mold of stupidity broken…

-foo

+ r-nice on November 20th, 2008 at 11:59 am said:

That soundtrack lineup sounds serious.

+ ARXINAL on November 20th, 2008 at 11:59 am said:

Awesome so any confirmation on voice chat for PS3 and how it works?

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 1:17 pm said:

Voice chat is in during matches and lobby. I think it\’s in spectator mode as well.

PAGE 1 2 3 5