PS4-The Order

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Cometh!

John Diamonon's Avatar + Posted by John Diamonon on Nov 20, 2008 // Product Marketing Manager, Capcom

It’s a great time to be a Street Fighter! It’s with great pleasure that I announce that HD Remix will arrive on the PlayStation Network real soon! Now you have the chance to debate which legs are more appealing, the turkey leg you’re about to have or the ones on Chun-Li.

SFHD PSN

Here are the details:
Release date: November 25, 2008 (I know, finally, right?)
Price: You’ve heard it here first! Only $14.99!
Trophies: Not at launch
Online Play: Of course
Graphics: 1080p baby
Gameplay: Two types – Original and Rebalanced

Here are some videos that will get you hyped for the game and will make you say, “Put him in a body bag!”

But wait, there’s more! Exclusive to the PlayStation Network, fans will have the opportunity to download the Street Fighter Underground Remix Soundtrack for free! I was able to get a few of my favorite hip hop artists to create original songs inspired by the series. Here’s the line up: Redman, Hieroglyphics, DJ Qbert, DJ Toure, Zion I, Mistah F.A.B. and Oh No.

SFHD Music

Oh yeah, we also have a “little” Street Fighter surprise coming later this holiday season. Let the speculation begin. Talk to you next week!

Hadouken!

+ SantanaClaus89 on November 20th, 2008 at 11:59 am said:

Hell yeah John! Thanks for letting us know the price, too! I’m so pumped for Tuesday I’m already setting up a tourney for Tuesday night.

The “little” suprise is obviously Street Fighter-themed LittleBigPlanet DLC. I’ll take it.

Great work my man, come back soon to tell us about Marvel vs. Capcom 2, will ya? ;)

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 1:18 pm said:

When I have news, you\’ll be one of the first to know.

+ Sakimori_X on November 20th, 2008 at 12:03 pm said:

Thanks for answering so many of the questions posted in the comments, John. It’s nice to know you don’t just pop in to make a post and then disappear.

Also, great idea on the LBP costumes!

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 1:19 pm said:

That\’s not me. I didn\’t say anything about LBP.

+ EvoAnubis on November 20th, 2008 at 12:03 pm said:

*laughs* Hey; that’s how I roll! Add my trophies, and it’s a done deal. Toss RE:DC and RE2 onto PSN, and I’ll buy those too.

Come to think of it, didn’t I see one or both of those titles on the JPN Store? I want ‘em too!

+ EvoAnubis on November 20th, 2008 at 12:05 pm said:

@48: Early update due to the holiday, just like last year.

+ davivman on November 20th, 2008 at 12:06 pm said:

That great news about the arcade stick you are teaming up with Mad Catz on. I’ve been hoping you guys would would make one. Any idea on when it would be released?

+ mrcaine on November 20th, 2008 at 12:08 pm said:

oh wow another thing that ISNT HOME… yawn

+ amco_pirate on November 20th, 2008 at 12:11 pm said:

@42: From what I can tell, all Canadians can purchase RE: Director’s Cut from the Capcom store right now for $6.99. The only problem is, once you buy it and download it, it doesn’t work!

+ uumai on November 20th, 2008 at 12:14 pm said:

Excellent, finally get to have it. Any word on the UK release date?

Someone talk sony or Capcom into doing a Sega Saturn style pad for this and SF4…. Please?

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 1:19 pm said:

We have a pad coming out based on the Saturn design.

+ Rai_11 on November 20th, 2008 at 12:16 pm said:

All I ask is for a Trophy Patch in December.

+ SonnyJim on November 20th, 2008 at 12:18 pm said:

Hadouken Indeed! Can’t wait. One of my favorite fighting games of all time.

+ Clinton514 on November 20th, 2008 at 12:19 pm said:

I love Capcom!

SF IV demo incoming…that’s the surprise. ;)

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 1:20 pm said:

That would not be \”little\”. :)

+ willskate4free on November 20th, 2008 at 12:20 pm said:

so in the videos i noticed competition brackets… will there be brackets for online? say online tournaments?

+ Ghostm on November 20th, 2008 at 12:21 pm said:

$14.99 without any Trophy support? LOL Thanks, but no thanks. I’ll just wait for Super Street Fighter IV. Hopefully SSFIV will have full Trophy support.
Another major let down by Capcom ladies and gentlemen. I’m sure the 360 counterpart have full achievements. Am I correct?

Damn, another game I’m not buying from Capcom. Bionic Comando Rearm and now Super Street Fighter HD remix.

Lets see if you guys actually get the point of Trophies by Resident Evil 5.

Monster Hunter 3 for the PS3!!!

+ RandomEarthling on November 20th, 2008 at 12:22 pm said:

There is way too much gaming goodness going on right now. This is great news. I’ve been waiting for this day. I’ll download and play this until SF IV comes out.

+ len1978 on November 20th, 2008 at 12:24 pm said:

No Trophies for the ps3 but Achievements for the 360…looks to me that MS wrote Capcom a nice check am I right

+ litobirdy on November 20th, 2008 at 12:27 pm said:

Ok, wait, your saying NO IN GAME MUSIC? so no music while fighting? what da hec? what about custom soundtracks then?

+ Ghostm on November 20th, 2008 at 12:29 pm said:

PS3 TROPHIES ARE IMPORTANT WHEN YOU MAKE A GAME. JUST AS IMPORTANT AS 360 ACHIEVEMENTS.

LMAO!!!

I’m heard that song before John Diamonon. “Seriously, unfortunately. We couldn’t delay the game even longer, could we? Not a confirmation. We’re evaluating all of our digital titles and looking into it.”

+ Ghostm on November 20th, 2008 at 12:33 pm said:

How come all 360 games have achievements and custom in-game music but not all PS3 titles does? OMG, this is getting pretty tiring. These developers should know better. Stop releasing gimp version for our console.
I know there are more 360s in homes but us PS3 owners are not far behind. I spend just as much money as a 360 owner on my system. I actually spend more since my PS3 cost more. I’d like to receive the same kind of treatment.

+ FeaturePreacher on November 20th, 2008 at 12:34 pm said:

Hey John,

When you guys are evaluating titles to patch for trophy support, could you also add in-game access to music for those titles as well?

+ u_nick on November 20th, 2008 at 12:37 pm said:

SF sackboy’s? Damn, you people know how to force me to spend my money… ;)

Oh yeah, and SF2HD too! Woo! I’ll be there Tuesday!

Trophies or no, I’m down. It will just be a nice added bonus should you decide to implement them later, and just another reason to keep me playing! :D

Thanks Capcom, you guys are doing great these days.

+ supermoore1025 on November 20th, 2008 at 12:37 pm said:

Hey will capcom ever consider bringing marvel vs capcom 2 and power stone to the playstation network, please please lol

+ KazeEternal on November 20th, 2008 at 12:38 pm said:

This is pretty sweet news. Any plans to bring any of this action to PSP users by any chance?

Also Trophies Please ^^. nothing more upsetting than when capcom leaves out these features.

+ MarkMan on November 20th, 2008 at 12:38 pm said:

Hey John! Those official sticks are looking nice eh? ;)

Can’t wait until HD Remix, I’m hyped!

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 1:23 pm said:

Yup! We both know it\’s going to be the best stick in the market.

+ EBE on November 20th, 2008 at 12:39 pm said:

I don’t buy anything from capcom. And I do a lot on PSN, PS3, and a litle bit even on XBOX 360. Not supporting trophy is just showing miserespect to ps3′s player base..

Bionci commando’s rearmed. Trophy patch following relase, promised (dixit capcom).
is it released `?

Seriously, I just think capcom’s direction is telling “implementing trophy cost 5’000$”, for that price we can do a wii game. We’ve better to do. If only MS didn’t FORCE us to implement achievements..

capcom doesn’t exist anymore to me (32y old)

+ SDkngsht on November 20th, 2008 at 12:41 pm said:

is there anything to say besides HELL YEAH!

ps: you guys should use the “hadoken” Capcom logo at the beginning of the video on every capcom game. classic ish.

+ darkelite on November 20th, 2008 at 12:43 pm said:

I’m definitely buying this one. When I was younger I played a lot of Street Fighter. I think John is talking about a Street Fighter 4 demo when he said there is a suprise coming this holiday season.

+ Mana Knight on November 20th, 2008 at 12:45 pm said:

I’m quite excited for this myself. I don’t think people here would be very happy if the PS3 version was delayed until next year or so JUST to implement trophies (while fans on another console are enjoying the game). So that’s why I’m glad Capcom went ahead and released it.

I can’t wait to play this online with friends chatting. I’m very glad to see the game is in 1080p also. Basically, I consider this the appetizer until SF4 hits. :D

+ supermoore1025 on November 20th, 2008 at 12:45 pm said:

Making he is talking about Marvel vs Capcom 2 lol

+ nmc75 on November 20th, 2008 at 12:46 pm said:

Consider this one bought.. but until Trophies are out, not played much. It’s not like I will need practice in the meantime though, as the special moves for each SF2 character are embedded in my DNA now (and should be in any true gamer’s DNA).

+ Kevyn.B.Grams on November 20th, 2008 at 12:47 pm said:

Glad to here this is finally coming. I will buy day one, but I will hold off playing until a trophy patch is released.

+ DarKaoZ on November 20th, 2008 at 12:49 pm said:

Is so great to see the game finally done, is been close to 2 years of developing I bet. This will be nostalgic, still I kinda miss the old style you guys were trying to make, it looked more like the old SF2, this style looks more animeish, ala Alpha since it has less colors.

Still a great job none the less, I bet it was hard. Hopefully Capcom decides to release SF3rd Strike and/or MvsC2 with online functions and upscaled to HD so we can play the games online. I know they can’t make it HD because that will take A LOT of time, but I bet they can just upscale it and use a filter to make it look nicer in bigger screens.

Anyways, badass job you guys did here!

+ narde15 on November 20th, 2008 at 12:56 pm said:

now im more interested in this one then sf4! great vids.

+ Clinton514 on November 20th, 2008 at 12:56 pm said:

Ungrateful people as usual. They give us a free Soundtrack and people chastise the third party that has supported the PSN the most. Shameful what the PlayStation community seems to be turning into.

Yes, I’m a bit upset that there won’t be trophies at launch but I cannot hate on Capcom seeing all the goodness they’ve done.

ps. While you guys are working on the trophy patch, please evaluate adding custom tracks in there. It would be nice to use this soundtrack in game. ;) Keep up the good work.

+ froghorn484 on November 20th, 2008 at 12:56 pm said:

Anyone with me in thinking the “little” surprise could be “Super Gem Fighter Mini-Mix?”

+ bader on November 20th, 2008 at 12:57 pm said:

HOLY S***
STREET FIGHTER HD

+ MUGEN02 on November 20th, 2008 at 12:58 pm said:

Will the demo be out on tuesday also? If not then I’ll just try the demo out on the 360 the next day.

+ Shendow on November 20th, 2008 at 1:00 pm said:

It likes beautiful, an its going to be fun giving friends a mouth full of fireballs, only one character in the game I want to play as and I hope he is playable.

Akuma!!!! Because notthing says I thank you, like a quick beat down.

+ NeoMagus on November 20th, 2008 at 1:00 pm said:

Why are you people complaining about trophies in a fighting game like SF…beyond me.

I’ll be buying day one..hurry it up.

+ SDkngsht on November 20th, 2008 at 1:02 pm said:

at first i laughed at the exclusive soundtrack but those are actually some dope artists. i might have to check that out.

ps: the song selection was hilarious. i might have to go dust off the dvd collection.

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 1:25 pm said:

Sweep the leg!

+ zookey on November 20th, 2008 at 1:03 pm said:

Sweet.

Although ‘little street fighter surprise’

unless it is something else other than these two:

A) The ESRB already ok’d Street Fighter Alpha’s 2 and 3 for the PSN

B) rumor has been going of you guys doing a HD remake of Marvel VS Capcom 2 for PSN

it wouldn’t be that much of a surprise LOL–although those are both good things anyways no complaints here

but yeah more PSOne classics please–Resi 2, Dino Crisis, maybe the 3D Street Fighter for S&G’s–yeah the more the merrier!

+ SDkngsht on November 20th, 2008 at 1:04 pm said:

i second what NeoMagus said.

anyone complaining about not having Trophies for flippin Street Fighter is a complete f****ng retard.

it even says not at launch which basically means later. if you need trophies to know why Street Fighter 2 is great you should not call yourself a gamer EVER. f’in whiney @$$ noobs.

+ illfigja on November 20th, 2008 at 1:04 pm said:

I’m so thrilled about getting this game, it’s like Chinese Democracy, and I know it will be worth the wait.

But dare I ask if it could be available early in the day on the 25th?

+ SDkngsht on November 20th, 2008 at 1:05 pm said:

MARVERL VS CAPCOM 2 REMAKE WOULD BE HUUUUUUGE!

+ Andronix on November 20th, 2008 at 1:07 pm said:

How come you had the time to add ACHIEVEMENTS
for the Xbox 360?

How come you never had the time to add TROPHIES for the PlayStation 3?

I want this game but “no time” is a lazy excuse.

NO TROPHIES = NO BUY

NO TROPHIES = NO BUY

NO TROPHIES = NO BUY

+ SDkngsht on November 20th, 2008 at 1:10 pm said:

Andronix = f’in tard.

go away. if you need trophies to buy this then you’re a tard.

+ Enforcer_X on November 20th, 2008 at 1:11 pm said:

Now this is “ALMOST” how a blog post should be.

Listing the trophies, the resolution and all the other important info … accept XMB Music. Although reading down the question has been answered but it should have been listed in the post.

Good post though glad to see the constructive criticism works =)

I too am a trophy whore and I just will not be picking this up without them. Sorry, I am sure it is a great game.

+ mikeja72 on November 20th, 2008 at 1:16 pm said:

Response from 39 when he said he’d buy it when trophies were patched: “So you’re gonna take my free music but not the game!!!! UGH!”

No trophies confirmed :-P

Did a trophy patch ever roll out for bionic commando actually? I don’t know I skipped that game because there were others I wanted to play (and had trophies) :-)

+ ChefOo7 on November 20th, 2008 at 1:17 pm said:

@Clinton514 , NeoMagus

I agree with you two completely. To sit here and read the negative comments about people bashing Capcom for not implementing Trophy support at launch makes me livid and embarrassed to be a part of a community where this kind of activity is commonplace. If they did a little research, they’d know that most game devs are (pretty much) required to implement achievements whereas Sony doesn’t. To insinuate that Microsoft bribes Capcom to put achievements for them and not Sony is not only insulting to Capcom, but shows ignorance on the poster’s part (you know who you are).

All the complainers do is whine and cry like babies, showing lack of respect towards developers, and not being the least bit grateful. Shame on them. It’s Capcom’s business when it comes software programming, not yours; the least you can do is show some support, class, and respect.

+ ssp619 on November 20th, 2008 at 1:19 pm said:

Hey John,
Is there any chance that you’ll release the PSP Mega Man games on the PSN, there impossible to find where I live :(
PLZ RELEASE TROPHIES 4: BC:R, SFII, MM9 :)
I’m pretty sure they don’t take that much resources ;)

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 1:26 pm said:

A chance? Yes.

+ DJ_DTM on November 20th, 2008 at 1:19 pm said:

DJ Qbert !!!
That’s my boy!!!

Played a show with him a few years ago, good guy,
Wicked skillz

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 20th, 2008 at 1:27 pm said:

DJ Qbert is one of my hip hop heroes. It was a pleasure and honor to work with him. I even got to check out his octogon kitchen table.