PS4-Watch_Dogs

Get Your Own PlayStation Credit Card

John Koller's Avatar + Posted by John Koller on Nov 24, 2008 // VP of Marketing - Home Consoles and Handheld Platforms, SCEA

You may have seen the mailers, and it’s true. We’ve introduced our very own PlayStation credit card to offer fans a new way to show off their PlayStation pride and earn reward points towards the purchase of PlayStation and SONY products.

PlayStation Card

We’ve even sweetened the pot with a special introductory offer. Starting today until December 31, 2008, you could save $150 on the purchase of a PLAYSTATION 3 this holiday. There are a couple ways to do this. You can go to to www.sony.com/newpscard to get instant approval for your card, and an immediate $150 credit when you purchase a PS3 directly through the website.

Or you can go www.sony.com/getpscard to apply for the card and upon receipt of the card, use it at any authorized PlayStation retailer to purchase a PS3. The $150 credit will show up on your billing statement.

The holidays just got merrier. Happy shopping.

195 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ eric1018 on November 24th, 2008 at 3:36 pm said:

Nice idea! :)

+ XxBigP123xX on November 24th, 2008 at 3:37 pm said:

wat

+ zombiefriend on November 24th, 2008 at 3:37 pm said:

wait what?!

+ remanutd on November 24th, 2008 at 3:42 pm said:

say what??????? am i dreaming or something? is it real? lol , wow my first playstation credit card sounds nice lol

+ blkant on November 24th, 2008 at 3:42 pm said:

Isn’t the credit the last thing people need right now considering their average stupidity with money as well with the slumping economy ;)

+ STMaraj on November 24th, 2008 at 3:43 pm said:

If I were to get a credit card, I would definitely get that! Is it available in Canada?

+ schwaa on November 24th, 2008 at 3:48 pm said:

need…ps….credit card….what’s the interest rate? can i get the $150 to sony first party games?

+ CorrisD on November 24th, 2008 at 3:49 pm said:

Can I have one just because it would be something to show off?
Id never use it, nor have the need, lol.

+ remanutd on November 24th, 2008 at 3:50 pm said:

yea i forgot to ask , whats the interest rate? can we get some sort of specials on playstation games?

+ Anddo on November 24th, 2008 at 3:51 pm said:

Wait? isn’t this basically a SonyStyle card? What if I already have one? (which I do)

+ matheaks on November 24th, 2008 at 3:55 pm said:

I would love to get a playstation card, but I am filled with too many cards already.. I need to save the money for more ps3 games..
thanks tho

matheaks

+ jayyy91 on November 24th, 2008 at 3:56 pm said:

Is this/Will this be
available in Canada?

P.S. When will the PS Blog be updated to allow for PSN integration?

+ TheInfectedBy590 on November 24th, 2008 at 3:57 pm said:

lol this is cool! :p

+ madtyger on November 24th, 2008 at 4:00 pm said:

Aw, I already have a Sony credit card. That’s great though that they are doing this. It would be even better if the points you earned went towards the PS Store, similar to how the WoW credit card works.

+ JuJuRMJ on November 24th, 2008 at 4:01 pm said:

Cool, I hope that my credit is not that bad for I can apply for one :)

+ Se7enwolf on November 24th, 2008 at 4:05 pm said:

Credit cards is the last thing people in this country need. Can you say bad timing? Another bad idea Sony

+ wU-sOLdiEr on November 24th, 2008 at 4:06 pm said:

im just going to get one to show my love for playstation

+ darkiewonder on November 24th, 2008 at 4:08 pm said:

If I apply for the card, get it. but never use it. I won’t be charged right?!

+ Parapraxis on November 24th, 2008 at 4:09 pm said:

I can test this card out if you want guys. Just sed me a pre-paid card for about 5000$ Mr. Koller and I will help ensure it’s all working smoothly. ;)

+ Fersis on November 24th, 2008 at 4:10 pm said:

What about us South Americans ?
;_;

+ mywhitenoise on November 24th, 2008 at 4:11 pm said:

“im just going to get one to show my love for playstation”

wow, you love Playstation so much that you’re willing to take a hit on your credit score by opening a new card for them? Sounds dumb.

+ mywhitenoise on November 24th, 2008 at 4:11 pm said:

“If I apply for the card, get it. but never use it. I won’t be charged right?!”

Every time you apply for a card your credit score lowers. And if you close the account before 3 years, you lower it even more.

+ Fatal_Bullet on November 24th, 2008 at 4:14 pm said:

Cool. Bring custom avatars to the PSN.

+ prowlingfox on November 24th, 2008 at 4:16 pm said:

that’s cool

+ SDkngsht on November 24th, 2008 at 4:22 pm said:

haha…that’s dope. i might have to do that.

+ Aythamie on November 24th, 2008 at 4:23 pm said:

Another USA-only thing???

What about Europe?

Ego’s…

+ Masterofallz on November 24th, 2008 at 4:25 pm said:

“PlayStation Card

We’ve even sweetened the pot with a special introductory offer. Starting today until December 31, 2008, you could save $150 on the purchase of a PLAYSTATION 3 this holiday. There are a couple ways to do this. You can go to to http://www.sony.com/newpscard to get instant approval for your card, and an immediate $150 credit when you purchase a PS3 directly through the website.”
Awesome!

+ SDkngsht on November 24th, 2008 at 4:25 pm said:

@5…i agree…

but not all of us are idiots that live beyond our means. some of us manage our money well. though i agree the majority of people in this country are stupid and uninformed in general. lol.

ps: if the above statement offends you then the shoe must fit. go buy a matching purse. :lol:

+ I.A.C.W. on November 24th, 2008 at 4:26 pm said:

My bank is now doing customized cards i think so i might make something cool and PLaystation related myself. Good idea though! Maybe integrate it with discounts in the PS store would be a good idea?

+ valdrin on November 24th, 2008 at 4:30 pm said:

I’d consider this, but seeing as the rewards are only available in the US (and probably the credit card itself, though I couldn’t tell) and not Canada, I’ll sit it out.

+ PS3Diablo on November 24th, 2008 at 4:31 pm said:

You guys should fix the typo in small print, it says “Final delivery is $284 for 60GB…” should read 80GB I believe. This is a great deal for the ones that have been holding back because of the price. Get the 160GB, Uncharted is a fantastic game !!!

+ schwaa on November 24th, 2008 at 4:32 pm said:

Everyone spread the word on this…we could tons of people on board (assuming they have decent credit)

+ Mana Knight on November 24th, 2008 at 4:36 pm said:

OMG, I need to get this credit card. I’ve been needing one for a while, and this sounds like the perfect credit card for me. :D

+ Stoffinator on November 24th, 2008 at 4:41 pm said:

How about just getting the PSN cards out?

What people don’t need in the world now is credit cards for more debt.

+ Dan-I-Smith on November 24th, 2008 at 4:42 pm said:

Not the biggest fan of credit cards but this is pretty sweet.

+ Enforcer_X on November 24th, 2008 at 4:42 pm said:

If I really can get a 60GB for $284 I am in! I can totally use a 3rd 60GB PS3!
Since this is in the small print can I sue and get a 60GB since it not available any more?

If I have a SonyCard already do I need this? Will the perks be any different?

+ Thorpe on November 24th, 2008 at 4:42 pm said:

Would be good to have one of these in the UK.

+ ykiki on November 24th, 2008 at 4:46 pm said:

While I admit this is pretty cool – I’ll pass. I already have a PS3 and our family has learned our lesson from having too many of these in the past.

We now only use our debit card for purchases and keep a low-interest credit card around for emergencies.

So…what is the APR on this puppy???

+ smokey_vols on November 24th, 2008 at 4:49 pm said:

Great idea, I hope the APR isn’t too bad.

+ DMeisterJ on November 24th, 2008 at 4:49 pm said:

Too late. Already bought my PS3.

And I’m sure the interest is like 29 percent or something.

+ WHAT on November 24th, 2008 at 4:52 pm said:

It’s 15 dollars more than the $100 dollar deals Sony Style has offered before. If you add something for more than $15 you can get 12 payment at a fixed 0%. Use it like a Same as cash and your good. Buy anything else after and the rates apply for those items. Make your purchase and cut it up after that.

+ Paznos on November 24th, 2008 at 4:54 pm said:

I already have a Sony card how is this one any different? Too bad most of us already have PS3′s.

+ CitizenInsane27 on November 24th, 2008 at 4:56 pm said:

Already got a PSP and PS3, I think for now I’ll stick to the PSN prepaid cards, simpler for us that don’t exactly have money to throw around all the time.

+ bronxchulo on November 24th, 2008 at 4:57 pm said:

wow so many people asking what the APR is, when it’s so easy to just hit the link and find out for yourself.

10.99% is the APR

+ BZKlint on November 24th, 2008 at 5:02 pm said:

I want one!

Too bad I already have a card :(

…and a PS3…

+ Coburn_Divine on November 24th, 2008 at 5:07 pm said:

Are these going to be purchasable at Gamestore’s like Gamestop and Other places?
I heard not until next year but is there any possibility if at all sooner?

+ samrican on November 24th, 2008 at 5:10 pm said:

so if i get sony credit card i get $150 free??

+ Ramage on November 24th, 2008 at 5:22 pm said:

Well damn. What if I’m already a loyal PS3 owner…whats my incentive other than a sweet looking card.

+ NDC89 on November 24th, 2008 at 5:25 pm said:

If canadians could apply i would 100% get this no question.

+ scorpio on November 24th, 2008 at 5:27 pm said:

Any plans to bring this to Canada?

I already have the Sony Card in Canada and think it’s awesome.

Since 2000, i have claimed:
- $300 digital camera
- PSP
- PS3 60 gig
- Underwater case for my camcorder

This allows me to get my toys much easier.

PAGE 1 2 3 4