No Man's Sky

LittleBigPlanet Weekly Download Update – Thanksgiving Edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Nov 25, 2008 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Well, it’s Thanksgiving week and there isn’t a better time than now to give thanks to our avid fans with more FREE downloadable costumes for LittleBigPlanet. Just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday, we are offering FREE Turkey Heads for your Sackboys and Sackgirls beginning TODAY. Gobble this …

LittleBigPlanet Turkey Head Costume

Of course, that’s not all! The Chimera from Resistance 2 have invaded LittleBigPlanet with new downloadable Chimera Sackboy (or Sackgirl) costumes. Your Sackboy and Sackgirls now have a chance to gear up before taking on those who stand in their way in LittleBigPlanet. The Chimera costume will soon be available at the PlayStation Store for just $1.99! Check it out …

LittleBigPlanet Chimera Costume

These updates will become available with today’s PlayStation Store Update, coming soon. Make sure you check back next week for the week’s latest offerings for LittleBigPlanet. See ya online!

124 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ IceCold on November 25th, 2008 at 1:03 pm said:

you keep brining the fun!

+ feedDUNK_All on November 25th, 2008 at 1:04 pm said:

You keep bringing, I’ll keep playn’

+ MAX_PAYNE on November 25th, 2008 at 1:04 pm said:

Hahaha! The Turkey Head Sackboy is great!

+ EddyxMob on November 25th, 2008 at 1:04 pm said:

Woot Woot

But when is sephiroth coming to the PSN

i want to be EVIL
already hehe

Awesome Job

+ smokey_vols on November 25th, 2008 at 1:05 pm said:

Love the Chimera costume, i’ll be getting it and Street Fighter 2 today :)

+ IceCold on November 25th, 2008 at 1:05 pm said:

on another note, I am excited about the DLC. I’ve never been a DLC fan until recently.

+ WestSiide on November 25th, 2008 at 1:08 pm said:

cant wait for todays update!!

+ Nitrowolf2 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:08 pm said:

That a cool costume but 1.99? is it a single or a pack? i need to get another ps card for Street fighter now bi.

+ RandomEarthling on November 25th, 2008 at 1:08 pm said:

I can’t wait to put sunglasses on my turkey. Awesome freebie.

+ Blackmoses11 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:09 pm said:

Nice….Lovin th LBP DLC!!!! I just wish you guys came out with a package deal for all the DLC. As it stands now I have to buy all the new stuff weekly.

Happy Turkey Day Fellas!!!

+ WestSiide on November 25th, 2008 at 1:10 pm said:

Oh yea… BRING OUT HOME!!!

+ jazzyrider on November 25th, 2008 at 1:11 pm said:

Any chance we can see new levels from MM rather than new costumes??

+ DeathroW22 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:11 pm said:

Old snake, please!

+ DARK_JAK_911 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:12 pm said:

Awesome, but when will the US be getting the first week T-shirt?

+ inspace2020 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:12 pm said:

Sweet! Keep the DLC coming! Would also like to see a MAJOR DLC pack…(new textures, stickers)

+ EViD on November 25th, 2008 at 1:13 pm said:

I like R2’s costume (though I think the Chimera head should be a bit brown). Also, I find 2 bucks a bit too much for a costume. I think it should be free for all R2 owners.

Happy Holiday everyone.

+ mywhitenoise on November 25th, 2008 at 1:14 pm said:

Love the Chimera costume…too bad it’s overpriced.

+ tezasaurus on November 25th, 2008 at 1:15 pm said:

Love the designs and the consistent releases, but I think asking even $1.00 for a costume is pushing it. I think the prices should be slashed to $.50 and $1.00, then you’d be getting my monies.

+ Faceless_Shaman on November 25th, 2008 at 1:17 pm said:

Turkey head someones been watching Mr. Bean.
Chimera looks good.

+ p-s-3 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:17 pm said:

Merry Christmas Mr.Bean??? :D

+ DawnOfAshes on November 25th, 2008 at 1:18 pm said:

Lol i’ll buy the chimera costume! :D

+ rockymtnbri on November 25th, 2008 at 1:18 pm said:

Turkey head – love it! They should’ve added a roasting pan – like armor!

+ yunier91 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:19 pm said:

LOL @ the turkey sackboy

+ bronxchulo on November 25th, 2008 at 1:19 pm said:

i dont have LBP, not really interested in it, BUT as far as the turkey thing goes it would have been better as if it was a body costume instead.

the feet come out the legs and the hands come out the wings with the head sticking out up top. that would have been more cute and funny IMO.

+ Oompa on November 25th, 2008 at 1:21 pm said:

Lol turkey heads

+ Ajora on November 25th, 2008 at 1:21 pm said:

I was gonna start ranting how they are going too far with these Sackboy costumes! but after seeing that it’s a Chimera sackboy, I just couldn’t “Resist” ;D hehe

+ momba0014 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:22 pm said:

The Chimera should had came with a Gun in his hand….anyway Im still buying it and $2 is just fine!^_^

+ PSWii2008 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:23 pm said:

I’d hate to see what Turkey-Head Sackboy sees inside the turkey! It might make him want to become a vegetarian (or at least hate eating turkey)! Reminds me of PETA’s version of Cooking Mama (link below):

Anyway, I’m glad they moved the update to today!

+ Captain Fury on November 25th, 2008 at 1:23 pm said:

LBP needs an in-game shop that directs to the PSN store like PAIN.

cant tell how many times I have bought PAIN dlc because its just 2 clicks away.

it also feels more organized than browsing the store for stuff.

I think you would get a lot more sales that way.

+ Stinkin Mushroom on November 25th, 2008 at 1:26 pm said:

awesome turkey head

+ TheGuardian1973 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:27 pm said:

Lol Sackboy hungry lol, the Chimera skin is awesome, I’ll be picking it up as well as the turkey lol!!! :p :D

+ leetfoo on November 25th, 2008 at 1:28 pm said:

Lol @ people who’d pay $2 for just one costume. Obviously the economy isn’t as bad as they say if everyone can afford to just flush their money down the toilet that quickly… or maybe junk like this is to blame.

+ Nitrowolf2 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:28 pm said:

Oh man i agree with 28.
I think there needs to be some type of way to organize this stuff. Mybe when new conetents come out you can just have the game pop up and it shows a new symbol on it.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on November 25th, 2008 at 1:29 pm said:

Chimera suit is rad, but $2 is still too much for one costume. I’m far more inclined to buy a 4pack for $3, but $2 for one costume is not happening. And I know someone will say “You can afford $600 for PS3 but not $2!!11??” so don’t even bother.

+ mike223 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:30 pm said:

looking forward to the chimera sackboy, but im going to pass, doesnt look enough like what i thought

+ Nitrowolf2 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:31 pm said:

@24. I agree with you that would have looked better also

+ Fatal_Bullet on November 25th, 2008 at 1:33 pm said:

Keep the DLC for LBP coming. Sony you should also release challenges on the PlayStation Store that brings new prizes and levels.

+ crystalx3d on November 25th, 2008 at 1:37 pm said:

Wait, so the store is updating today instead of Thursday? Will all the stuff be updated or just LittleBigPlanet stuff?

+ Nitrowolf2 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:37 pm said:

I just thought up of any idea. Now i dont i wanna pay for a costume, but what about levels? I would pay for those but they must include some prize bubbles. Like the origanl story had where they had a ton of them and a costume for acing them. I wouldn’t mind paying 3-4 bucks for one.

+ SantanaClaus89 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:38 pm said:

So where is our “I was there the firsttwo months t-shirt”? And how about you give us some DLC that is actually worthwile like levels or new materials instead of raping us with the stupid costumes every week?

+ NEJI64 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:38 pm said:

are yall serious everybody pay 60 bucks one game but complain about spending 2 dollars.

+ Nitrowolf2 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:38 pm said:

@37 CRSTALX3D
ALL OF IT!!!

+ noahm26 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:39 pm said:

Come on guys. $1.99 for the Resistance costume? Seriously?

I would advise you to seriously rethink this price plan you are embarking on. What was supposed to be a user friendly community centered game is turning in to a nickel and dime milking machine.

So if I want… let’s see… Resistance costume, Motorstorm Costume and Metal Gear costume. That will run me 6 bucks?

The game cost me $60. 10 percent of 60 is 6 I believe.
So three costumes = 10% of the entire game????

WOW. Is anyone really buying this?

+ Stoffinator on November 25th, 2008 at 1:39 pm said:

I want the R2 one, but it isn’t worth bloody $2.

+ Firezombie on November 25th, 2008 at 1:39 pm said:

comment #24 has a point but i still like both. The Chimera one looks sick! I’m gona buy that. $2 is alot but I’m not gona buy each costume that comes out so it’s no big deal to me.

+ enjoi on November 25th, 2008 at 1:40 pm said:

Turkeyhead????

Where are the vegetarian/vegan friendly sackboys???

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on November 25th, 2008 at 1:41 pm said:

How many separate parts are there to the Chimera costume?

+ rAdIOhEaD73 on November 25th, 2008 at 1:41 pm said:

Amazing costumes, I can’t wait for japan to let us know again what new updates are coming 2 weeks in advance.
To all readers, remember to check the japanese site, they announce the costumes 2 weeks in advance instead of SONY North America and Europe where they announce the upcoming LittleBigPlanet content only 3 days in advance or the very same day of the update.

+ SDkngsht on November 25th, 2008 at 1:43 pm said:

HELL YEAH! the Chimera one is the best yet but the turkey is too funny not to download. i wonder how many people will be running around with that one on thursday. :lol:

man…this is already a 5/5 store update for me. i don’t care what else is in there. these two costumes and street fighter is already classic.

+ SuperDuckWC on November 25th, 2008 at 1:43 pm said:

Hahaha nice one the turkey Head: Mr Bean Edition!!

1,99$ for the second one? Hahaha seriously guys, it’s a joke? Thanksgiving’s Fool?
I would like to know who buy it for this increadible price!

PAGE 1 2 3