PS4-The Order

Street Fighter HD – It’s Finally Here

John Diamonon's Avatar + Posted by John Diamonon on Nov 25, 2008 // Product Marketing Manager, Capcom

First off, I want to say that my PlayStation pals are the best around. Nothing’s gonna ever bring you down. I mean that, I really do. Lol.

Joe Esposito once eloquently proclaimed that “History repeats itself” and it’s an honor for me to announce that Street Fighter returns today on the PlayStation Network. On a personal note, it’s been a dream of mine to work on this franchise. I remember going to the local 7-11 and spending hours trying to pull off an invisible throw or handcuff glitch. I remember sharing theories with my friends that it was possible to throw that rock in the Chun-Li stage, pull out Guile’s gun, control Ryu’s red fireballs or defeat the mysterious Sheng Long. Street Fighter was a cultural phenomenon not seen since the days of Pac Man. Here we are, almost 20 years later, and this franchise is as relevant as ever.

Here’s the final HD Remix video for your viewing pleasure.

Enough of my reminiscing. I’m here to talk about the next installment of the SF2 series; Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Special Champion Hyper Alpha EX Versus Zero Plus Collection Edition (am I missing anything?). Ah Capcom, we love long game titles. I can go on and on about the many features of this game, but instead, I’ll provide you this link that contains all you need to know about HD Remix.

I’m also really excited to give you an exclusive soundtrack inspired by the Street Fighter series. The Street Fighter Underground Remix soundtrack contains tracks from artists that I admire with that underground, hip hop flavor. Did I mention that you can download these tracks for free on the PlayStation Network? I have fond memories battling my frat bros on the SNES and listening to Souls of Mischief’s “93 til Infinity”. You know Hieroglyphics had to be on the album. You’ll also hear the musical stylings of Redman, Oh No, Mistah F.A.B, Zion I, DJ Toure and the turntable legend himself, DJ Qbert. Oh, did I mention these tracks were FREE? Go to our MySpace Music page to hear previews of the songs. Make sure you add us!

Anyway, I just want to say that it’s been a pleasure talking to all of you and answering your questions, and replying to your comments. It’s been fun responding to the trophy issue for like the umpteenth time! ;) We hear you, though.

Have a great turkey day and see you next time when I talk about Flock (coming in January). See you online!

Peace in the Middle East,
John D
(PSN ID: HIERO9D3)

+ schwaa on November 25th, 2008 at 10:10 am said:

Hey Jeff, now would be the perfect time to start updating the store EVERY Tuesday, so as to remain competetive with another unnamed console…pass it on please!

John, thanks for the update. Will be downloading tonight. Nice to see a lot of people saying the PS3 version is better simply for the controller. Dualshock 3 wins again….

Oh yeah, and to those who haven’t heard yet, SOLDNER-X is (finally) coming to PSN Dec. 4th for $9.99.

Anyways, Home rules, KZ2 ftw, and dying to see that GOW3 footage. Peace!

+ chasegamez on November 25th, 2008 at 10:12 am said:

$15 is too much without Trophies & custom sound tracks

+ oldricksf on November 25th, 2008 at 10:13 am said:

jeff i want the pshome code all my friends online are having fun with it but i dont have the code plz send it to oldricksf@yahoo.com

+ OverlordSpike on November 25th, 2008 at 10:17 am said:

silly question to whomever can answer..why doesnt the store always get updated on tuesday?..is there something against tuesdays xD

+ nbnz on November 25th, 2008 at 10:19 am said:

Great to see it’s released in the US, and pity it’s not out in EU yet, but we’re used to it thanks to the bozos as SCEE.

Oh, and on Trophies, it’s a shame that “priorities have shifted” on the BCR trophy patch only after everyone bought it. I guess we’ll expect the same for SFII.

It won’t stop me buying it but still disingenuous to give people expectation of trophies before the game is released then change tune after the game has sold. I hope my cynicism is proven unfounded.

+ CTG on November 25th, 2008 at 10:20 am said:

I would purchase this…

…if PSN actually accepted my debit card.

+ jdigitalseven on November 25th, 2008 at 10:23 am said:

I am so ready to bring back those old arcade memories!! Im sure alot tears will be shed today when this game goes live!! I havent played Fei Long in a very very long time!!! Cant wait.

+ narde15 on November 25th, 2008 at 10:24 am said:

thx gr8 addition the my collection!

+ akumous on November 25th, 2008 at 10:25 am said:

OK, give me a specific time when the store going to update..I have had my PS3 on for the whole day waiting TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY and play the bloody game

+ jdigitalseven on November 25th, 2008 at 10:25 am said:

I cant wait, havent played as Fei Long in a very very long time!!

+ bigmaine36 on November 25th, 2008 at 10:27 am said:

Arggggg i can’t wait until tonight

+ jdigitalseven on November 25th, 2008 at 10:28 am said:

Cant wait, havent played as Fei Long in some time!

+ Biskoito on November 25th, 2008 at 10:29 am said:

Please answear me:

Can i share this game with 4 more friends??

PS: SF ROX!

+ OverlordSpike on November 25th, 2008 at 10:29 am said:

well..no i changed my mind, depending on the file zie and if guy is in it i’ll get it..i gota save harddrive spce until i get my new one..im down to like under a gig..maybe barely over

+ Schitthammer on November 25th, 2008 at 10:30 am said:

Can’t wait to download this tonight. A big thanks for everyone at Capcom (and others who were involved) for making this happen. Trophies or not, this is awesome. I also love the fact you can use the older sprites and music (I’ll definitely be using the older tunes though just for the memories). Thanks again!

+ vmc62 on November 25th, 2008 at 10:31 am said:

Hi, John Diamonon. I don’t know if somebody has asked you this question ever before, but I would like to know if:

“Does this game have trophies?”

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 25th, 2008 at 1:04 pm said:

Unfortunately, no.

+ oldricksf on November 25th, 2008 at 10:32 am said:

jeff code plz for home

+ illfigja on November 25th, 2008 at 10:32 am said:

TROPHY PATCH COMING SOON
TROPHY PATCH COMING SOON
TROPHY PATCH COMING SOON
TROPHY PATCH COMING SOON
TROPHY PATCH COMING SOON
TROPHY PATCH COMING SOON

+ mywhitenoise on November 25th, 2008 at 10:35 am said:

Finally! It has come!

Also, thanks for the add. Hopefully you can kick my ass online someday, haha.

+ Enforcer_X on November 25th, 2008 at 10:35 am said:

I really want trophies!
Then again I really love Street Fighter …

As for all of you asking why it’s not on the store yet, is it not obvious? Has anyone seen a post regarding a store update yet? NO the answer is NO. This is a friendly post from the dev to let us all know a little more about the game and that it is coming today with the normal PSN update.

Anyway thanks for the post look forward to this on the PSN store update this evening. (EST)

+ Letters2Kay on November 25th, 2008 at 10:37 am said:

Awesome, can’t wait! Bring on all the Capcom content you can, I’ll be waiting with my wallet open… :)

+ bboynoe on November 25th, 2008 at 10:38 am said:

BTW JOHN i added you online as well :)

Great to see another hieroglyphics fan and sumone who appreciates real hip hop. cant believe they got hiero and qbert on the soundtrack. redman too!

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 25th, 2008 at 2:26 pm said:

Did u listen to the tracks yet?

+ SantanaClaus89 on November 25th, 2008 at 10:41 am said:

Sweet John!!! Can’t wait for the store update! BTW, I sent you a friend request… Hopefully we can get some SSF2THDR action in! Hope you’re ready for a steady dose of Ryu and Blanka.

PSN ID: Moosehole

+ Captain Fury on November 25th, 2008 at 10:42 am said:

Finally!

guess flock will be the first game with trophies from Capcom :)

spectator mode you say…

I want to see a match between Madman and John with the final countdown playing on the background.

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 25th, 2008 at 2:26 pm said:

lol.

+ Voozi on November 25th, 2008 at 10:43 am said:

Sent you a friend request too John =D

*poke*

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 25th, 2008 at 2:27 pm said:

cool!

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on November 25th, 2008 at 10:46 am said:

Awesome, I’ll buy it as soon as I get home, I LOVE SF, it’s one of my favorite gaming franchises.

Please add trophies to the game and (in case is not already done) let us log each controller with a different account so the trophies are assigned correctly

+ dime5150 on November 25th, 2008 at 10:47 am said:

Thanks for releasing this. I’m now reminiscing:

I have memories of playing my brother on the SNES and arcades. I remember our rivalries and getting so mad at him! Ken vs Ryu or Sagat vs Ryu.

I also remember the first Street Fighter arcade with the rubber punch buttons. Anyone remember that? So impossible to pull off special moves and everyone would break the buttons by hitting them too hard lol!

Now we are grown and separated by 300 miles and its over a decade later. I can now dragon punch him in the butt without sitting next to him and him throwing the controller!

Feel free to add me!
PSN: dime5150

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on November 25th, 2008 at 10:48 am said:

hey john, what happened to the capcom store? It wasn’t there yesterday :(

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 25th, 2008 at 2:27 pm said:

Go to Games>Publishers

Who\’s the only one there?

+ tearsofash on November 25th, 2008 at 10:49 am said:

I’m trading in my college textbooks today so I can get some extra cash to get this game on PSN. I’m so hyped!

+ Koroshiya on November 25th, 2008 at 10:51 am said:

Only a few hours left! Woohoo! Any word on the PlayStation Home avatars yet John? I think a lot of us have seen that sweet Chun-Li Youtube video by now. I would seriously change to a girl for a day in Home just to be able to show my SF2 pride :D

+ Fersis on November 25th, 2008 at 10:51 am said:

So good memories, ive played tonz of SF II on the arcades.
Im surely getting this amazing game.
Thanks Capcom ,Backbone and Udon :D

+ KazeEternal on November 25th, 2008 at 10:52 am said:

Just as long as Capcom doesn’t forget how to count past the number 2 again, I’m excited for this title lol.

+ KazeEternal on November 25th, 2008 at 10:53 am said:

Oh any plans on porting this to PSP for download? Would be nice to take this on the go as well.

+ GibbShift on November 25th, 2008 at 10:53 am said:

6pm can’t come fast enough. It’l be more of a learning experience for me, since I’m not that great at ST, but I’m excited all the same.

+ Stealthur on November 25th, 2008 at 10:54 am said:

Hey John, great news! Is there any word when trophy support will be released, though?

+ PS3Diablo on November 25th, 2008 at 10:55 am said:

Can’t wait to buy this, the store update can’t come soon enough ! Hadouken!!!!

+ Fersis on November 25th, 2008 at 11:04 am said:

Now we only ‘need’ Final Fight HD with online co-op . :D

+ stennex on November 25th, 2008 at 11:04 am said:

Will that Capcom sign stop hiding as of today and just be somewhere on the store for all to see. You guys seem to be teasing us. Also trophies would have or should be a nice addition to SSFHD II. I don’t think M$ has achievement points for theirs so it would look good if Sony added trophies. Be one up on M$. But i could be wrong i will check.

+ MadmanVol2 on November 25th, 2008 at 11:14 am said:

Putting games on the PSN does not constitute “supporting the Playstation 3″. Without trophy support or any other support of the Ps3′s features, this is nothing more than a cash grab for Capcom…much like Bionic Commando. We all know where you put the money in development of this beast, and we’re only getting this so that we don’t come at you with pitchforks and mace screaming “Fanboy”.

Capcom has relase A LOT of games for Ps3…yet NONE of them have trophies. Your developers are either talentless and incompetent, or you just don’t care about the Ps3 fanbase and what they actually want to see (as standard) in games.

Nice try.

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 25th, 2008 at 2:28 pm said:

Ah Madman, even you can\’t get me down today! :)

+ 40cal on November 25th, 2008 at 11:15 am said:

Soundtrack hear I come.

+ 40cal on November 25th, 2008 at 11:16 am said:

Hear-pun intended

+ Makula on November 25th, 2008 at 11:17 am said:

great!!! I’m so over street fighter.. Quick question how much space I need in my hard drive to download this game???

+ Rampge76 on November 25th, 2008 at 11:17 am said:

“Here’s the final HD Remix video for your viewing pleasure.”

But it says to be continued at the end of the video? I say, shenanigans!

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 25th, 2008 at 2:29 pm said:

Cliffhanger????

+ kyosuke9999 on November 25th, 2008 at 11:17 am said:

Yep, 360 does have them:

Weak. I’m not buying until I get equal treatment.

+ NeoMagus on November 25th, 2008 at 11:17 am said:

@88

Go to Games > Publishers if you can’t find the Capcom store, been there for a while now

+ JBruno on November 25th, 2008 at 11:17 am said:

John must have a 500 friend limit list in PSN. Developers have privilegies :(

+ EnigmaNemesis on November 25th, 2008 at 11:29 am said:

Awesome!

Downloading the second it hits.

Thanks for all the hard work, and rekindling some loved nostalgia in all it’s High Def glory!

+ StalkingSilence on November 25th, 2008 at 11:31 am said:

@JBruno (#95),
If that’s the case, I can’t imagine him trying to play wipEout HD!

+ GameHead on November 25th, 2008 at 11:32 am said:

hey man im lovin the tracks they hot lol

have a happy thanksgiving

u gave me ur givin im givin my thanks with u know! im buyin this today!

+ StalkingSilence on November 25th, 2008 at 11:33 am said:

John,
I DARE you to friend me first. DARE you. (I am away from my PS3).

Again, D.A.R.E.