GTAV PS4

Street Fighter HD – It’s Finally Here

John Diamonon's Avatar + Posted by John Diamonon on Nov 25, 2008 // Product Marketing Manager, Capcom

First off, I want to say that my PlayStation pals are the best around. Nothing’s gonna ever bring you down. I mean that, I really do. Lol.

Joe Esposito once eloquently proclaimed that “History repeats itself” and it’s an honor for me to announce that Street Fighter returns today on the PlayStation Network. On a personal note, it’s been a dream of mine to work on this franchise. I remember going to the local 7-11 and spending hours trying to pull off an invisible throw or handcuff glitch. I remember sharing theories with my friends that it was possible to throw that rock in the Chun-Li stage, pull out Guile’s gun, control Ryu’s red fireballs or defeat the mysterious Sheng Long. Street Fighter was a cultural phenomenon not seen since the days of Pac Man. Here we are, almost 20 years later, and this franchise is as relevant as ever.

Here’s the final HD Remix video for your viewing pleasure.

Enough of my reminiscing. I’m here to talk about the next installment of the SF2 series; Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Special Champion Hyper Alpha EX Versus Zero Plus Collection Edition (am I missing anything?). Ah Capcom, we love long game titles. I can go on and on about the many features of this game, but instead, I’ll provide you this link that contains all you need to know about HD Remix.

I’m also really excited to give you an exclusive soundtrack inspired by the Street Fighter series. The Street Fighter Underground Remix soundtrack contains tracks from artists that I admire with that underground, hip hop flavor. Did I mention that you can download these tracks for free on the PlayStation Network? I have fond memories battling my frat bros on the SNES and listening to Souls of Mischief’s “93 til Infinity”. You know Hieroglyphics had to be on the album. You’ll also hear the musical stylings of Redman, Oh No, Mistah F.A.B, Zion I, DJ Toure and the turntable legend himself, DJ Qbert. Oh, did I mention these tracks were FREE? Go to our MySpace Music page to hear previews of the songs. Make sure you add us!

Anyway, I just want to say that it’s been a pleasure talking to all of you and answering your questions, and replying to your comments. It’s been fun responding to the trophy issue for like the umpteenth time! ;) We hear you, though.

Have a great turkey day and see you next time when I talk about Flock (coming in January). See you online!

Peace in the Middle East,
John D
(PSN ID: HIERO9D3)

+ darkedgex on November 25th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

@ 151 (SuperDuckWC)

This game has been in development for over a year and had every frame of animation redrawn by hand (not a cheap prospect, any professional artist will tell you that). Really my only concern with paying this much is that we get a promise of trophy support (not a “maybe” but a promise that it will come at some later date). Otherwise this seems totally reasonable (I was actually expecting to have to pay $20 or $25 for this).

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 25th, 2008 at 2:36 pm said:

Never mad a promise about trophy support for SFHD. We\’re looking into it however.

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 25th, 2008 at 2:43 pm said:

\”made\” that is.

+ creep2334 on November 25th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

has anyone actually downloaded the game. still no playstation store updates.

+ DryvBy on November 25th, 2008 at 2:03 pm said:

@149, sorry to keep posting, but Toffee support? I freakin’ love toffee candies! Can you please add Toffee support, Capcom? It will make SFII magically delicious!

+ Phamtastic on November 25th, 2008 at 2:07 pm said:

I remember going to 7’11 at 2am to find some good hardcore competition… I sure hope the online gameplay is good. The online performance is KEY for this game success.

+ bigmaine36 on November 25th, 2008 at 2:07 pm said:

when is the update?

+ Trieloth on November 25th, 2008 at 2:10 pm said:

Will the game help me do my dish’s? j/k
….waiting to go back in time.

+ gizzaciggy on November 25th, 2008 at 2:11 pm said:

@154 I’m glad you’re on board. Toffee support would lift the gaming world into a new dawn of tasty sweet melting buttery goodness.

+ WHAT on November 25th, 2008 at 2:16 pm said:

lol at JD taking a trip down memory lane. Just think 20 years from now we will all be able to remember playing rehashed redone Capcom classics. Saying do you remember when they made great game? Yes, that was like 40 year ago. lol wtf. Oh how I remember the days.
When you have no future might as well live in the past, no?

+ GameHead on November 25th, 2008 at 2:24 pm said:

“When you have no future might as well live in the past”

thats funny

+ Autzen on November 25th, 2008 at 2:26 pm said:

Nice

+ X1rtam on November 25th, 2008 at 2:33 pm said:

Anyone else think that first link was going to be a RickRoll? :lol: :D

+ ARXINAL on November 25th, 2008 at 2:39 pm said:

PRESS THE LAUNCH BUTTON SONY!

+ Vegaz on November 25th, 2008 at 2:44 pm said:

Hope there’s a demo,I want to see what it looks like at least.

Can’t see myself buying it. It’s kind of hard to shell out $15 for the 38th(?) incarnation of Street Figther 2 when Street Fighter 4 is just a few months away.

+ d3br34k5 on November 25th, 2008 at 2:45 pm said:

it’s ridiculous that there isn’t trophy support from the get-go, however, i’ll be picking this up as soon as it drops.

can’t wait.

+ bloggin on November 25th, 2008 at 2:59 pm said:

I at least can say John that you came on here and responded to a lot of the comments, kudos my good man. I will buy the game even without trophies, because I have fun with most capcom games, they are always quite challenging. Trophies would be nice as Im sure you know, if I see you online then its on.

+ creep2334 on November 25th, 2008 at 3:04 pm said:

still no street fighter on the playstation store. that typical for comanies, hyping fans up just to not deliver!

+ darkedgex on November 25th, 2008 at 3:06 pm said:

Blame Sony, they’re the ones that need to get their digital delivery system fixed. The new PS Store is awesome, but this deal with doing releases at some arbitrary time in the afternoon is absolutely stupid and undermines all the other work they’ve done.

+ plisken06 on November 25th, 2008 at 3:07 pm said:

so…its 11/25/08, its 6:00pm where I am and what da ya know, no street fighter…..so there is gonna be what, a 6 to 8 hour gap in between xbox live getting it and psn getting it? i’m on the east coast, will I not get it until 9:00pm or something? I have to say i’m extremely dissapointed. Usualy when a company gives a date for a game they don’t mean at the end of the god damned day. PLEASE AT LEAST TELL US WHEN THEY WILL UPDATE THE STORE SO I CAN STOP LOOKING FOR SOMETHING THAT’S NOT THERE

+ fritolay on November 25th, 2008 at 3:08 pm said:

SSF2HDR ended up getting delayed until Thursday the 27th.

+ creep2334 on November 25th, 2008 at 3:10 pm said:

BOOOOOOOOOO!

+ akumous on November 25th, 2008 at 3:14 pm said:

Sony and Capcom, I love you guys both..Most of my games are Capcom games and my best console is the PS3..But, you guys really fail with this one…Sony had the edge by releasing this a day before 360 version but it isn’t out yet…The day is almost over with a shy hours before 12am and what’s the incentive to get the PS3 version…By 12am the 360 should have their version up and ready with Achievement points and we have yet to have ours…What makes it even worst that we don’t have any trophy support what so ever…and don’t tell me it would have taken longer if the trophy support were included..because what that means to me is that the game was built from ground up on the 360 version and pointed to the Ps3..WHERE IS OUR GAME FOR DOWNLOAD..the day is almost over dammit.

+ darkedgex on November 25th, 2008 at 3:20 pm said:

@ 170:

No it didn’t. That’s Thanksgiving Day… it’s coming today, but thanks to the inconsistent and seemingly arbitrary system Sony uses for putting out store updates we don’t know if it’ll be out in fifteen minutes or in two hours.

+ Delriach on November 25th, 2008 at 3:22 pm said:

Where’s the surprise >_>?!

Your friends list is full :(. I should have added you when there were only 17 comments but I had a final exam!

+ plisken06 on November 25th, 2008 at 3:25 pm said:

@174 surprise!! there’s no game today!!!

+ Wild_Man_X on November 25th, 2008 at 3:27 pm said:

It’s up!

+ synner on November 25th, 2008 at 3:28 pm said:

You forgot “Upper” in the next installment, D’Money…

+ Vegaz on November 25th, 2008 at 3:31 pm said:

But no demo/trial :(

360 is broken again (suprise suprise!) so I can’t even try it on that tomorrow.

+ yousolucky on November 25th, 2008 at 3:31 pm said:

i’m downloading it right now…its at 40% =)

+ creep2334 on November 25th, 2008 at 3:38 pm said:

it’s about time. i got street fighter

+ kleanx on November 25th, 2008 at 4:16 pm said:

Why is the game not called Street Fighter 3 ?
SF4 is supposed to come next year, and I’ve never heard about SF 3…did I miss something ?

+ TheHakku on November 25th, 2008 at 4:19 pm said:

There better be some Joe Esposito in this game or I’m going to be pissed off. All these videos with that song…. :[

+ DryvBy on November 25th, 2008 at 4:21 pm said:

@181
Dude, Dreamcast and PS2 have SF3. Check it out on Amazon.. awesome fighting games.

+ clupula668 on November 25th, 2008 at 4:28 pm said:

Just beat it with my first character: Cammy. I don’t remember ever being beaten by Zangief with her before, so I guess they really did balance out the characters. Loving the new music in the game also how you guys fixed up her ending so that it fits in more with the storyline of Alpha. Some of the backgrounds could be a little more animated, but otherwise, I have no complaints.

Good job. You know…it might be nice if there was some sort of unlockable bonus stuff in Street Fighter IV if you had a SSF2HD game save… Just sayin’…

+ JuJuRMJ on November 25th, 2008 at 4:41 pm said:

Thank you Capcom, I will own this game and you can’t never, ever get it back!!! Muhahahah! :)

+ uraizen on November 25th, 2008 at 5:03 pm said:

Already bought the game, but um, why are the black bars on the sides of my TV in widescreen? Me and plenty of others are having this problem.

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 25th, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

Did you change the settings to \”Widescreen\”?

+ EternityInBlack on November 25th, 2008 at 5:05 pm said:

Buying this game … TWICE for the other platform that shall remain nameless here.

All kidding aside, I heard people asking for a demo.

A demo? For Street Fighter II? Really?

+ EternityInBlack on November 25th, 2008 at 5:05 pm said:

I meant twice – once on the PS3 and one on that other… bah, forget it.

+ uraizen on November 25th, 2008 at 5:10 pm said:

@John Diamonon – Indeed I did, I set my TV to every mode too.

A user on neogaf posted a picture of exactly what’s showing on their and my screen in widescreen mode.

+ uraizen on November 25th, 2008 at 5:18 pm said:

Since my previous comment is awaiting moderation for posting a link of the problem.

Yes, I did change the settings to widescreen in the game and I tried every mode on the TV too. When my previous comment is approved you’ll see what I mean.

+ uraizen on November 25th, 2008 at 5:26 pm said:

Oh, before someone else mentions it, stretching the screen did not work either. I stretched it completely and it still had black bars on the sides.

+ metalfenix on November 25th, 2008 at 6:02 pm said:

Whoa, I’ll look out later for this game, I’ve been waiting for it. By the way John, Who is the artist that plays the song on the video? (and the name of the song?)…it’s just that the song used in the video was really awesome.

+ jaferris on November 25th, 2008 at 6:15 pm said:

why no reply for European delay :(

+ EnigmaNemesis on November 25th, 2008 at 6:41 pm said:

Street Fighter defaults to 720p, and I have to disable 720p in my PS3 display settings in order to force it 1080p … can there be a fix?

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on November 25th, 2008 at 6:53 pm said:

Hi John, I just finished the game and I loved it, just wished the endings were a little bit longer and the characters had a small intro (like SFA3); but still, it’s an awesome game, been loving it since SF1 (I was a kid so I could only beat Retsu on the Arcade :P).

Now, I just played 2 ranked matches, and won both, but my record still says 0 wins 0 losses. why? is there a problem with the rankings? or is people desconecting just after I beat them? (which I don’t think it’s the case cause I can even see my winning quote). Hope it gets fixed. I’m so frustrated that I just stopped playing the game for today :(

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 26th, 2008 at 5:31 am said:

I forwarded this on to the producer. Anyone else having this problem?

+ Feb30th on November 25th, 2008 at 6:59 pm said:

I will wait for trophies before I get this game.

+ Vampire_Saviour on November 25th, 2008 at 7:24 pm said:

Trophies don’t matter. I will get this game soon for competitive play. The PS3 is the standard platform at EVO, despite the fact that it seemed that it was pushed for the 360 due to the beta being released there. I was a little angry, but what can you do now?

Anyway, thanks for releasing it on PS3. I hope more support from Capcom arrives for the PS3 in the future.

+ dnight on November 25th, 2008 at 8:03 pm said:

i am enjoying a lot multiplayer matches!

thanks guys!

very good competition out there!

@194 you will see your results in the boards
i see 0 x 0 before games too but the boards are ok

+ cyber_zero on November 25th, 2008 at 8:10 pm said:

Hey I was wondering two things.

1: Will Home users have the option to launch a match in game?

2: Will we be able to see “players met”?

Thank you! WICKED GAME!

+ cyber_zero on November 25th, 2008 at 8:18 pm said:

OH and 3rd question

3RD STRIKE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE on PSN!!!!
Were all waiting for it!

+ KuroiSLI on November 25th, 2008 at 8:42 pm said:

Just purchased the game! Good Job! Having a blast! It brings back so many great memories :)