Star Wars Battlefront

Nov 25

Street Fighter HD – It’s Finally Here

John Diamonon's Avatar Posted by John Diamonon on Nov 25, 2008 // Product Marketing Manager, Capcom

First off, I want to say that my PlayStation pals are the best around. Nothing’s gonna ever bring you down. I mean that, I really do. Lol.

Joe Esposito once eloquently proclaimed that “History repeats itself” and it’s an honor for me to announce that Street Fighter returns today on the PlayStation Network. On a personal note, it’s been a dream of mine to work on this franchise. I remember going to the local 7-11 and spending hours trying to pull off an invisible throw or handcuff glitch. I remember sharing theories with my friends that it was possible to throw that rock in the Chun-Li stage, pull out Guile’s gun, control Ryu’s red fireballs or defeat the mysterious Sheng Long. Street Fighter was a cultural phenomenon not seen since the days of Pac Man. Here we are, almost 20 years later, and this franchise is as relevant as ever.

Here’s the final HD Remix video for your viewing pleasure.

Enough of my reminiscing. I’m here to talk about the next installment of the SF2 series; Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Special Champion Hyper Alpha EX Versus Zero Plus Collection Edition (am I missing anything?). Ah Capcom, we love long game titles. I can go on and on about the many features of this game, but instead, I’ll provide you this link that contains all you need to know about HD Remix.

I’m also really excited to give you an exclusive soundtrack inspired by the Street Fighter series. The Street Fighter Underground Remix soundtrack contains tracks from artists that I admire with that underground, hip hop flavor. Did I mention that you can download these tracks for free on the PlayStation Network? I have fond memories battling my frat bros on the SNES and listening to Souls of Mischief’s “93 til Infinity”. You know Hieroglyphics had to be on the album. You’ll also hear the musical stylings of Redman, Oh No, Mistah F.A.B, Zion I, DJ Toure and the turntable legend himself, DJ Qbert. Oh, did I mention these tracks were FREE? Go to our MySpace Music page to hear previews of the songs. Make sure you add us!

Anyway, I just want to say that it’s been a pleasure talking to all of you and answering your questions, and replying to your comments. It’s been fun responding to the trophy issue for like the umpteenth time! ;) We hear you, though.

Have a great turkey day and see you next time when I talk about Flock (coming in January). See you online!

Peace in the Middle East,
John D

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ xatanas on November 27th, 2008 at 10:37 am said:

I haven’t been able to get Dolby Digital from this game on the PS3. Is it supported?

The XBLA demo version does output it, and the difference is HUGE!

+ Slimmer on November 27th, 2008 at 12:59 pm said:

Johnny D,

Will the Karate Kid music “Your the Best Around…” from these promotional SF2HD video’s be added for Download off PSN?

Out of all the free music I was shocked this was not included.

Please scratch, claw, and fight tooth and nail to get this added.

+ Delriach on November 27th, 2008 at 10:45 pm said:

What is MadmanVol2 even talking about? What exactly is the BCR fiasco? People sure do ***** about some weird stuff.

I don’t understand what happened to people this gen, but damn… people.

+ kenmaster2002m on November 28th, 2008 at 10:05 am said:

can any body advice when they will release sf2 in Europe.

Jhon please help……………..

+ Bahamut84 on November 28th, 2008 at 12:12 pm said:

Hi thanks for releasing mp3 such as redman or DJ Qbert ! but once downloaded on my PS3 i cannot open the mp3 file elsewhere… Could tou tell me how o get those songs out the PSN ?

+ makaveli7 on November 28th, 2008 at 1:00 pm said:

How,,,I Download That Gammmeee..
Dammnnn..Where And Howwww..
I Have Rigestered Everything..So

+ Lycwyd on November 29th, 2008 at 10:51 am said:

Wow, I love anything SFII (in my opinion it single-handedly brought video games back to “relevant” status back in the early 90’s) but this one is not even worth the $15. I guess I was expecting something different from this game even though it’s still just SFII Turbo with slightly upgraded graphics. It doesn’t even look like the aspect ratio was changed, it just looks like it was zoomed in more and the top and bottom of the screen cut off.

How many different versions of the same game can they possibly release? Capcom has officially turned into the Gene Simmons of video game publishers.

+ uraizen on November 29th, 2008 at 11:47 am said:

Widescreen problem with picture on pg. 4, anything?

+ snskidtv21 on November 30th, 2008 at 7:01 am said:

Ok. So I’ve been having fun with this game, but I have some questions.

In games settings what exactly does network smoothing do?

95% of the time the game plays well online, but last night I was playing some guy and his character was rubber banding all across the screen. The best way to hit a moving target is with a frieball so I did. He left the match before it was over and I won. Sucks that he had to eat a loss because of something like that.
What causes the rubber band man?

I was listening to a podcast and the host was saying that because his connection speed is so fast that it messes the game up unless he’s hosting the match.

I noticed that there isn’t any a score counter anymore. lol

Well, I am going to get back to trying to master Sagat. I have a lot of work to do.

Anyone reading this should add me.

PSN ID: sNsKid

+ snskidtv21 on November 30th, 2008 at 7:04 am said:

Why can’t I edit my comment?

It drives me crazy to see something I posted with grammar errors.

+ KaosEternal on November 30th, 2008 at 5:27 pm said:

NICE! I can’t wait to get it. Please tell me you guys are gonna release Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2. That would be AMAZING!

+ nxp3 on December 1st, 2008 at 8:22 am said:

Am I glad I waited this one out. From what I hear from fellow gamers and friends who have bought the game, it was a big disappointment. I was very supportive of capcom and was planning to buy this one for sure. But since I was busy, I hadn’t bought it yet. I’m not going to now that I see it is a poor effort on capcom’s part.

What happened? Bionic Commando Rearm was such a hit and everyone was hyped about the next capcom remake and you have to go and screw that up? From what I hear, terrible audio, terrible cheating AI that makes it almost impossible to play. I mean the graphics looks OK, but the PS3 is capable of so much more. Capcom and any other game developers should know one thing about us PS3 gamers, we expect the game for the ps3 to be the best. Not some watered down games made to run on 360 and then the ps3 version being compromised. If you are going to do that, why not make the game designed for the ps3 and downgrade the 360 version for it’s limitations, why should ps3 owners have to suffer for the sake of multiplatform.

+ nxp3 on December 1st, 2008 at 8:36 am said:

Oh and if you would release a demo, we can judge for ourselves if the game is acceptable or not. At this point it’s going to need a demo to convince me to buy it. I’m seeing a trend going on here. Game developers release games, no demo. Wait around for all the fanatics to buy it not knowing if it’s good or not. Some people will be disappointed buying right away, but it’s too late for them.

A month or so later, release demo to see if they can pull any skeptics into buying the game. Some will, and some will never buy the game because of disappointment from the demo.

Of course as gamers we can make our own judgement. We know that if a game developer don’t release a demo at the beginning, they are probably not having too much trust in the game and as gamers we should wait and see anyway if there’s no demo.

+ HWarrior on December 1st, 2008 at 11:49 pm said:

Bug patch before Christmas?

+ ZiegeHH on December 5th, 2008 at 5:27 am said:

Dear JOHN,

i’m from hamburg, germany. why don’t ya’ll release no Street Fighter in europe??? i’ve waited patiently and got disappointed!
just like the blast factor trophy-patch. the patch is still not live, the americans got it!
just wondering, hope you can tell me something…
best wishes!

+ snskidtv21 on December 21st, 2008 at 7:03 pm said:

Why am I punished for playing well? If I make it to the final stage without continuing I have to fight Akuma. Now it’s fine if I am playing as someone I stand chance of winning with, but seriously how am I going to beat Akuma with T. Hawk? So basically I won’t be able to see certain characters endings unless I intentionally lose and continue before reaching the final stage or spend however many hours it takes to win. D:
Speaking of the endings, why does the test go away so fast. I have to skim the endings looking for keywords because if I don’t I won’t even know what the characters ending is about. It really sucks that I would have to record the ending just to be able to enjoy it. Oh wait I can’t even do that because Akuma is kicking my ass with every character except Ryu and Sagat.

+ JuJuRMJ on November 25th, 2008 at 4:41 pm said:

Thank you Capcom, I will own this game and you can’t never, ever get it back!!! Muhahahah! :)

+ uraizen on November 25th, 2008 at 5:03 pm said:

Already bought the game, but um, why are the black bars on the sides of my TV in widescreen? Me and plenty of others are having this problem.

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 25th, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

Did you change the settings to \”Widescreen\”?

+ clupula668 on November 25th, 2008 at 4:28 pm said:

Just beat it with my first character: Cammy. I don’t remember ever being beaten by Zangief with her before, so I guess they really did balance out the characters. Loving the new music in the game also how you guys fixed up her ending so that it fits in more with the storyline of Alpha. Some of the backgrounds could be a little more animated, but otherwise, I have no complaints.

Good job. You know…it might be nice if there was some sort of unlockable bonus stuff in Street Fighter IV if you had a SSF2HD game save… Just sayin’…

+ EternityInBlack on November 25th, 2008 at 5:05 pm said:

Buying this game … TWICE for the other platform that shall remain nameless here.

All kidding aside, I heard people asking for a demo.

A demo? For Street Fighter II? Really?

+ uraizen on November 25th, 2008 at 5:10 pm said:

@John Diamonon – Indeed I did, I set my TV to every mode too.

A user on neogaf posted a picture of exactly what’s showing on their and my screen in widescreen mode.

+ uraizen on November 25th, 2008 at 5:18 pm said:

Since my previous comment is awaiting moderation for posting a link of the problem.

Yes, I did change the settings to widescreen in the game and I tried every mode on the TV too. When my previous comment is approved you’ll see what I mean.

+ uraizen on November 25th, 2008 at 5:26 pm said:

Oh, before someone else mentions it, stretching the screen did not work either. I stretched it completely and it still had black bars on the sides.

+ metalfenix on November 25th, 2008 at 6:02 pm said:

Whoa, I’ll look out later for this game, I’ve been waiting for it. By the way John, Who is the artist that plays the song on the video? (and the name of the song?)…it’s just that the song used in the video was really awesome.

+ jaferris on November 25th, 2008 at 6:15 pm said:

why no reply for European delay :(

+ EnigmaNemesis on November 25th, 2008 at 6:41 pm said:

Street Fighter defaults to 720p, and I have to disable 720p in my PS3 display settings in order to force it 1080p … can there be a fix?

+ EternityInBlack on November 25th, 2008 at 5:05 pm said:

I meant twice – once on the PS3 and one on that other… bah, forget it.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on November 25th, 2008 at 6:53 pm said:

Hi John, I just finished the game and I loved it, just wished the endings were a little bit longer and the characters had a small intro (like SFA3); but still, it’s an awesome game, been loving it since SF1 (I was a kid so I could only beat Retsu on the Arcade :P).

Now, I just played 2 ranked matches, and won both, but my record still says 0 wins 0 losses. why? is there a problem with the rankings? or is people desconecting just after I beat them? (which I don’t think it’s the case cause I can even see my winning quote). Hope it gets fixed. I’m so frustrated that I just stopped playing the game for today :(

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 26th, 2008 at 5:31 am said:

I forwarded this on to the producer. Anyone else having this problem?

+ Feb30th on November 25th, 2008 at 6:59 pm said:

I will wait for trophies before I get this game.

+ Vampire_Saviour on November 25th, 2008 at 7:24 pm said:

Trophies don’t matter. I will get this game soon for competitive play. The PS3 is the standard platform at EVO, despite the fact that it seemed that it was pushed for the 360 due to the beta being released there. I was a little angry, but what can you do now?

Anyway, thanks for releasing it on PS3. I hope more support from Capcom arrives for the PS3 in the future.

+ dnight on November 25th, 2008 at 8:03 pm said:

i am enjoying a lot multiplayer matches!

thanks guys!

very good competition out there!

@194 you will see your results in the boards
i see 0 x 0 before games too but the boards are ok

+ cyber_zero on November 25th, 2008 at 8:10 pm said:

Hey I was wondering two things.

1: Will Home users have the option to launch a match in game?

2: Will we be able to see “players met”?

Thank you! WICKED GAME!

+ cyber_zero on November 25th, 2008 at 8:18 pm said:

OH and 3rd question

Were all waiting for it!

+ KuroiSLI on November 25th, 2008 at 8:42 pm said:

Just purchased the game! Good Job! Having a blast! It brings back so many great memories :)

+ LarryL on November 25th, 2008 at 10:09 pm said:

Can I have my money back? I was expecting SO much more than this. At $10 with trophies I wouldn’t feel ripped off, but for $15 I have WAY to many complaints about a game I should LOVE.

1 Why did you give us the compressed version you had to use for live? It would look and sound twice as good uncompressed. And you guys know that
2 Why such lame remixed sounds? And that Lame announcer? And why when I chose classic sounds do I still have that lame announcer and character sounds. And why is the classic music not the classic music?

+ LarryL on November 25th, 2008 at 10:16 pm said:

3. Why when I chose classic graphics do only the character change?! It looks rediculous. You guys could just put the classic stages (maybe 20 megs) in the game? Rediculous.
4. I was expecting it to be a new experience. It’s got really nothing over the Genesis version aside from graphics. The endings are decent, but the art in them is lame. Why didn’t you use the comic book artist that did the art you go around showing everyone for this game. But they are decent and a nice add, but I was expecting openings for each character too.

I have alot of other complaints too, but I’ll cut it off here when everyone already know no Trophies or soundtracks. I would apreiciate my money back or at least $5, because I really don’t want this game. At least until trophies and soundtracks are added.

I’d aprieciate if you guys just got to work on a PS3 Monster Hunter.

+ LarryL on November 25th, 2008 at 10:27 pm said:

Sorry for the triple post, but I seem like I’m just a complainer, I’m not. I can’t stand the over-nit-picky gamers of today, I assure you. I never complain about games. I mean seriously, I loved LAIR, and enjoyed Haze’s online very much. I’m not the typical overly judgmental gamer.

But I’ve been very aggrivated with Capcom since the MH3 BS. I havn’t bought a single product they’ve put out since that announcment I was so scorned as a loyal Capcom Fan for over 20 years and a loyal Monster Hunter. But with this game I gave you guys the benefit of the doubt, and I’m let down once again. I hope you guys adress some issues (including hit detection in juggles) very soon, because I wasn’t expecting to feel so ripped off with this downloadable game.

Please add ASAP, trophies (port the dam achievments man, what is there to look into?), custom soundtracks, and classic backgrounds for classic mode, put the original announcer back in too.

+ trav54 on November 25th, 2008 at 10:37 pm said:

Original announcer? You mean Big Bird? Good riddance.

And the classic music IS the classic music…from Super Turbo. What were you looking for?

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on November 26th, 2008 at 5:34 am said:

Ditto. I HATE Big Bird. And I Hate THONIC BUH-OOM.

+ Snack_Eeter on November 25th, 2008 at 10:44 pm said:

Yo John! I love the game! Can’t get enough of getting beat up by Cammy! ;)

+ LarryL on November 25th, 2008 at 10:49 pm said:

That’s NOT the classic music. It sounds similar, but it’s not the original tracks. They are remade versions, and I’m surprised you don’t notice that. And yes, the original announcer wasn’t great, but it was classic, and this new guy is just horrible.

And oh, speaking of the announcer…..still no names?! If you’re gonna have a new guy make new announcments, you couldn’t at least add “Fei Long Wins”? It’s still just “You Win or Lose”. The remixed version should have been updated, and kept the original stuff for classic mode. The original backgrounds not being in is just unforgivable as well. Which one of their testers told them the classic sprites on the new backgrounds looks good? He should never test anything again.

Oh and here’s another thing that needs to be patched….. the charge times. They’ve been GREATLY increased to an unatural point.

It’s just annoying when these are all obvious things. I should have NO complaints with this game, yet I have a boat load.

+ kenmaster2002m on November 26th, 2008 at 12:14 am said:

why It got delayed in Europe??
if you did not release it in Europe.

that means its just for USA????

if yes i am gonna sell my PS3 consol

+ dojikyo on November 26th, 2008 at 12:25 am said:

Screw trophy support. I am wondering if the netcode or servers will get fixed. Connections aren’t very stable at the moment.

+ icemocha75 on November 26th, 2008 at 12:48 am said:

Can anybody advise on why I cannot find this game under the Playstation Store? Has this got to do with availability in different countries/zone?

+ Higgie-Baby on November 26th, 2008 at 2:21 am said:

Its only on the US store. If your in europe you wont see it.

PAGE 1 3 4 5