Minecraft PS4

Blast Factor – Now With Trophies!

Andy O'Neil's Avatar + Posted by Andy O'Neil on Dec 03, 2008 // President, Bluepoint Games

Hey All! We’ve had a lot of email over the last few months asking about Trophies for Blast Factor, so I’m very pleased to announce that a new updated version of Blast Factor with that sweet Trophy goodness will be winging its way to your PS3 this Thursday! We’ve had a lot of fun putting the Trophy challenges together, and we reckon that we’ve got a good selection for Blast Factor fans of all abilities. Watch out though, there are a couple that are going to be a challenge to even the most hardcore of Blast Factor players!

Blast Factor

We’ve added 25 Trophies in total across the original game and the 2 expansion packs, with around 15 Trophies in Blast Factor: Basic Research and its 90+ levels, and 10 Trophies split between the Multiplayer expansion and Advanced Research with its addition of 80+ levels and Hybrid mode. We’ve also added rumble support for the DualShock 3 Controller for that extra tactile goodness. All existing versions of Blast Factor will get automatically patched when you start the game, so you won’t even need to download the new version from the store.

Blast Factor Blast Factor

And yes, this update is FREE! So if you own Blast Factor, and any of its expansions, all you need to do is fire it up! If you don’t have the game yet, you can get the base game for $9.99, or for $12.99 you can get a bundle including both add-ons!

We’re real pleased with this update. Hope y’all enjoy it!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ JordanBlack68 on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:06 pm said:

Cool, never played this game before

+ lifeRPGs on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:10 pm said:

Now that is good news. Thank you!

+ drew713 on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:11 pm said:

good to see updates for older games

+ Indifferent on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:11 pm said:

Yay! Cant wait!!

+ CitizenInsane27 on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:14 pm said:

Nice move guys. Now patch Super Rub’a’Dub and I can sleep heartily. As that all the launch games that would be cool with trophies list of mine will be done.

+ terribledeli on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:20 pm said:

Two double snaps for a classy move.

+ 40cal on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:21 pm said:

Trophies and Rumble= nice!

+ mywhitenoise on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:25 pm said:

i wish more developers would go back to patching their old games.

I can’t believe Insomniac refuses to put trophy support for Ratchet and Resistance…when they already have the Skill Points laid out for them.

+ X1rtam on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:25 pm said:

That’s awesome! I know I played that game a lot when it first came out, now I’ll have something to show for it and an excuse to go back and re-play it! :D Great to hear about rumble support as well. What a nice surprise-filled day today has been!

+ Jedah on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:28 pm said:

Any idea where I can order some PSN cards? I’ve had my PS3 for over a year now and I have never been able to register any credit card via de PSN management options. I’ve tried 3 different credit cards, and I always get the same message of “credit card information is invalid”.

+ bloggin on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:28 pm said:

You guys freaking rock, I was wondering why a game like this never got trophies you sneaky little sons, Good work all around, this game is great.

+ AlexD164 on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:29 pm said:

Never played this game before I might try it…I might. Why don’t you post a trophy list?

+ marcindpol on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:30 pm said:

what about difficulty level.can i chose an easy one?. i think it is tough game:(

+ XxBigP123xX on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:34 pm said:

Yet Infinity Ward couldn’t even give CoD4 a rumble patch because it was “Too late”. Suck it IW.

Great job guys!

+ uraizen on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:46 pm said:

I’m so glad I bought this game. I love it when developers continually support their games. Other developers should take notice.

+ cywulf21 on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:48 pm said:

I want trophies for calling all cars!
Also make this game part of the $5.00 deal and i’ll snatch it.

+ HEYFACE on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:48 pm said:

+ craazy on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:51 pm said:

Okie so is there a pack for those of us who bought the game but not the 2 expansions?

+ HEYFACE on December 3rd, 2008 at 2:51 pm said:

@14
suck it treyarch
IW>treyarch

world at war is nothing more than a cash cow for activision to pay IW for the next IW installment of CoD, whatever that may be.

+ erico316 on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:03 pm said:

ok this is all good but i been wondering are you guys working on a new game for the PlayStation 3?

+ Theossie on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:03 pm said:

Wow guys… That is outstanding… Thanks!!

Hey Andy, how can I get in touch… I have a question to ask

+ madtyger on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:07 pm said:

Great, another game with trophies!

+ mclaren777 on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:07 pm said:

This is fantastic news! I personally enjoyed Blast Factor much more than Everyday Shooter and Super Stardust HD so I can’t wait to beat it again. Thanks, guys!

+ decimalator on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:19 pm said:

SWEET! I’ll be grabbing this the instant I get home from work on Thursday!

+ DG on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:19 pm said:

This was the first PSN title I bought way back in the day and I’ve played the hell out of it. You have no idea how cool this is for me. Thanks so much.

+ DeforMAKulizer on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:19 pm said:

Wow! Unexpected new hehe! =D
Thats great! YAY!!! Hehe…
And btw… Gamersyde just uploaded their KZ 2 preview footage =D of single player!
Sony you are Gods =D

+ xtortedmemory on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:25 pm said:

Glad to see some of my older PSN games are getting trophy support. Thanks! =)

+ TheInfectedBy590 on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:25 pm said:

I hope that this is a sign that all ‘old’ PS3 games like MGS4 or Heavenly Sword will get trophy patches. (pleaaaaaaaaaaase!)

+ GGCAN on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:25 pm said:

Thanks for the post Andy.

I hadn’t heard of this game before, but think I’ll be checking it out on Thursday.

+ isolatebody on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:28 pm said:

I’m happy to see support for older titles, keep them comming.

+ lifeRPGs on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:30 pm said:

@ 28

I hope so too pal. Heavenly Sword, Folklore, and MGS4 must have a trophy patch. I also hope Super Rub a Dub will get patched too with trophies.

+ Enforcer_X on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:33 pm said:

Love it!
I can’t wait to play some more Blast Factor!
Now this is an unexpected holiday gift!
Thanks!

Andy O'Neil's Avatar

+ rlowe on December 3rd, 2008 at 4:12 pm said:

Aren\’t those always the best type? :)

+ seph1r0th00 on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:34 pm said:

Wow talk about some great unexpected news!! Thanks for the trophy patch. I own BF + both expansions so I’m looking forward to seeing that patch go live tomorrow :)

+ tirminyl on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:39 pm said:

Nice! What else have you guys been working on?

+ SantanaClaus89 on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:42 pm said:

Wow I never would have expected this! Mad props guys. I have the game but now you just sold yourselves some expansion packs.

+ p-s-3 on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:43 pm said:

Cool :)
+We need ones for GT5:Prologue + MGS4 now.

+ THATPSPGUY on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:44 pm said:

whoa kept getting a 404 error page with search words listing. Hmmm strange blog experience indeed. My post is:

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

+ jqtaxpayer on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:44 pm said:

Good news… I actually liked this game very much — more than PSN darling Super Stardust HD — and I’m glad to have an excuse to look into buying it again.

2 points to Jeff Rubenstein for getting the word out on PS3T.org!

+ illegalprelude on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:47 pm said:

Do you guys know how much sleep ive lost because of this game…now I have to earn my trophies! damn it!

+ chubigans on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:50 pm said:

Awesome news Andy. Hope everything is going well for you! Not sure if you remember me from IGN or not, but it’s great to see you back in action.

+ Sakimori_X on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:53 pm said:

Glad to hear it. This is a great way to generate more sales *and* please those who already have the games!

+ JohnnyMoses on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:54 pm said:

Nice. I’ll be buying it tomorrow! Keep supporting and updating games with trophies and me and many others will keep buying them!

+ BigBossX on December 3rd, 2008 at 4:00 pm said:

Good to see older titles getting trophies.Maybe resistance and MGS4 and GT5:P?

+ pyrodude1987 on December 3rd, 2008 at 4:02 pm said:

Awesome! This will definately get me back into this game. Blast Factor was my first purchase from the PlayStation Store.

+ jazzyrider on December 3rd, 2008 at 4:16 pm said:

Is ps3trophies.org an official Sony site? will there be something like the competitor where we can use our PSN login to view similar items, ie friends, trophies, etc??

+ Mana Knight on December 3rd, 2008 at 4:32 pm said:

Awesome, I loved Blast Factor back in the day and bought all expansions.

Now I wonder, will we have to re-download the game to update (like the old days) from the PS Store, or will be prompted to update like newer games?

Andy O'Neil's Avatar

+ rlowe on December 3rd, 2008 at 4:35 pm said:

It will be an automatic prompt like patching any of the newer games. :) No more old-skool updates.

+ perrandy on December 3rd, 2008 at 4:39 pm said:

as soon as i get a psn card i will definately buy blastfactor & superstardustHD…btw,thanks for the qore freebie too

Andy O'Neil's Avatar

+ rlowe on December 3rd, 2008 at 4:40 pm said:

I\’m seeing them at wal*mart, checked there?

+ Mana Knight on December 3rd, 2008 at 4:40 pm said:

@ Jedah, If you are having problems getting the credit card to work on PSN, I recommend doing two things:

-If you live in an apartment, try putting your apartment number on address line 1, with the rest of your apartment on address line 2. A few friends of mine had that problem and it fixed it.

-The 2nd most common problem has to do with your address must be exactly the same as what the bank of your credit card/debit card has on file. If it says “oak st” on your bank’s file, then you put “oak st” exactly, not “Oak St.” as an example, since it appears to be case sensitive for some. When you buy something through the PS Store, I heard it verifies your address with the bank, and a possible difference could lead to invalid card. Some fixed it once they got the address matched.

If these two methods do not work for you, and you live in the U.S., you can find PSN Cards at Meijer (located in the Midwest only), Speedway Gas Station, Blockbuster, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. I have been to all those stores and I can 100% confirm they carry PSN Cards.

+ LilMermaidGirl on December 3rd, 2008 at 5:22 pm said:

All sony-made PSN games should get trophy support (Calling all Cars too please!!)

I’m probably gonna buy Blast Factor tonight though. Liked the demo before but never bought it. Now I really want to.

+ MeltTech on December 3rd, 2008 at 5:28 pm said:

Hey, back to those unexpected gifts. How about some free Hot Shots Golf trophies? Or MGS4 trophies? 2 AAA games that get about $40 @ GameStop, which is well worth more than the controller time they get from me right now. I would totally play both of those start to finish if the reason to do so was there…

PAGE 1 2 3