PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Exclusive FLOCK! Winter Demo on Qore!

John Diamonon's Avatar + Posted by John Diamonon on Dec 04, 2008 // Product Marketing Manager, Capcom

You’re probably thinking, “What the flock is FLOCK!?” Well, today you’re going to find out because we have a little surprise for you in the free issue of Qore today. Below are a couple of videos that show some of the quirky and original gameplay you’ll see in the game.

I want to introduce you to one of my co-workers, Robby Zinchak. Don’t let his young looks fool you. He’s an up-and-coming associate producer extraordinaire who’s ready to answer all your questions regarding this truly unique, downloadable game. Just don’t ask him to show you his ID. (Just kidding Robby.)

Hi! This is my first time posting here, so I figure I should introduce myself first ;) My name is Robby, and I’m the Associate Producer on FLOCK! here at Capcom. As mentioned previously on this blog, the new episode of Qore (available today!) includes both a video feature on FLOCK! and a fully playable demo!

The premise of FLOCK! is simple: you’re a UFO (the ‘Flocker’) which seeks to abduct animals. Through the levels, you’ll abduct these cute animals by herding them into your Motherflocker (yes, really, we named the ship that :P). But it’s not a simple point A to point B operation – all sorts of peril and surprises lie between the animals and their destination. For instance, in one level you’ll play, there are crops between the sheep and the ship, so you’ll have to make crop circles with your UFO’s depressor beam to make a path for them to cross (finally we know the true purpose behind all those crop circles!). Through the game, you’ll have to contend with numerous challenges. Among these challenges, your flock will face pits, scarecrows, water, bridges, and even trampolines that’ll send them flying!

The full game also includes co-op gameplay, so you can bring a friend in to help you herd the animals. In co-op levels, you’ll have to work together to get your objectives met. For instance, one player may need to lift a gate while another player herds the animals through the gate. It’s a lot of fun, so look forward to it! One of our more unique features is the ability to create your own maps with our built in map-editor. We use the same tool to make the official levels, so you’ll have a lot of flexibility and power in the kind of maps you’re able to make. Plus, you can even upload your maps online where you’ll be able to share them with other players.

Each of the levels (over 50!) is replayable – there are bonuses to beating the map quickly and also beating the map perfectly by collecting all animals. As you beat levels, you’ll unlock new abilities to use and items to place in the editor. Sometimes you’ll need to unlock something later in the game that’ll help you beat a level earlier in the game perfectly. Between all the levels and modes included, we think you’ll be getting a lot of gameplay value out of this downloadable game! :)

So, hopefully that’s a good introduction to FLOCK!. Don’t forget to download the FLOCK! Winter Qore Demo — you’ll be among the first to ever play the game! It includes a full six levels, with three of the four animals unlocked to play with. We’ve even included the level editor to make your own levels! I’ll keep an eye out for comments here and reply where I’m able to. Keep your eyes out for more FLOCK! news in the coming weeks – we’ll have lots more information coming soon!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Angry_Qore_Subscriber on December 4th, 2008 at 4:55 pm said:

I would really like it if someone could please explain why annual Qore subscribers still havn’t got the home beta invites they were promised 4 weeks ago.

Questions regarding this have either been ignored or in some cases deleted. Please stop doing this and address the issue properly.

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 5:09 pm said:

Did you play the FLOCK! demo? What do you think? For anyone who has, please respond with your first impressions here. Thanks!

+ John Diamonon on December 5th, 2008 at 11:29 pm said:

Sup Voozie. :)

+ John Diamonon on December 6th, 2008 at 4:20 pm said:

SHOUT OUTS TO MY HOME HOMIES:
    Evo
    Voozi
    JBruno
    XBig
    cityof_trees
    asuka424

+ EvoAnubis on December 4th, 2008 at 5:00 pm said:

*chuckles* You know what I’m going to ask John, so just answer it.

BTW, thanks for taking the time to chill with me in Home. That was a pretty good conversation. Hope to do that again sometime.

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

Hey EVO!

See you at HOME.

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 7:56 pm said:

So Evo always asks me about trophies, so my \”YES\” was to that. YES, there are trophies in FLOCK!

+ Nito025 on December 4th, 2008 at 5:00 pm said:

Trophies? In-game music? Screen shot capabilities? We would love some info on some of those features! (If they’re available!) Thanks in advance! The game looks like a ton of fun!

+ Robby Zinchak on December 5th, 2008 at 8:05 am said:

Yes, we support both Trophies and In-Game Music via XMB (plus we have some custom composed tracks of our own! ;))

+ EvoAnubis on December 4th, 2008 at 5:01 pm said:

Oh, and the game does look really interesting. When’s it hit PSN, and what’s the multiplayer situation (in addition to the question you know I want the answer to)?

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 5:07 pm said:

We\’re shooting for a January release. There\’s local co-op and you can share your levels online.

+ Nito025 on December 4th, 2008 at 5:04 pm said:

Oh yeh, and I hope you guys haven’t had any accidental “probing” issues with these ufos while making this game…hahah. “I like to singa , about the moona and the juna and the springa….”. Hahaha

+ Robby Zinchak on December 5th, 2008 at 8:11 am said:

We at Capcom have a very comprehensive workers\’ comp program :P

+ XxBigP123xX on December 4th, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

360 version looks pretty nice there John :/

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 5:13 pm said:

You complain about the video supposedly showing 360 footage, when I offer PlayStaioners an exclusive demo? Geez, no pleasing some people. :)

+ StupidityTries on December 4th, 2008 at 5:08 pm said:

Is the demo for all or just for subscribers?

+ Robby Zinchak on December 5th, 2008 at 8:06 am said:

You have to be an Annual Subscriber to download the demo — preview video is free to all though :)

+ darkwonders on December 4th, 2008 at 5:10 pm said:

interesting…

+ Nito025 on December 4th, 2008 at 5:10 pm said:

Ahh what’s up John? My questions aren’t good enough to answer dude?!? Haha jk.

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 5:11 pm said:

Probes? lol. There\’s actually a lot of adult humor in the game, don\’t let the cuteness fool you.

+ sublimentality on December 4th, 2008 at 5:11 pm said:

I will buy this day 1 for sure however please dont let this game launch without trophies as well. Seems like Capcom is the last to get on the ball on this issue. Even independent 2-man dev teams are getting their games out trophy-supported now.

I know you are fully of aware of this issue by now as ive seen in John’s other posts. However not only does the not supporting of the game at launch probably hurt your initial sales, even for the people like me who buy the games anyways I dont want to play and enjoy them until they are supported as I dont want to have to work on everything twice. Then by the time they finally do get patched 4 months from now, the game has lost its new game appeal and another has taken its place. Also with alot of these online mutliplayer games, since not as many poeple are on at launch, gives a bad first impression to alot of people trying to find a game seeing how its harder to find one.

So in other words its not just a bad thing for us, its a bad thing for you. Not just in sales but in the appreciation of your game. Its like painting your masterpiece but dying before you see how much people love it.

+ Robby Zinchak on December 5th, 2008 at 8:07 am said:

Don\’t worry, we support Trophies in Flock :)

+ Nito025 on December 4th, 2008 at 5:14 pm said:

Hahaha sounds awesome..day one buy for me! But what about trophies or music? You know those are two of the most wanted features in games by us PSN users! Thanks in advance john!

+ Robby Zinchak on December 5th, 2008 at 8:10 am said:

Great! Both are supported :)

+ EvoAnubis on December 4th, 2008 at 5:14 pm said:

January? Very cool! And local co-op works for this one; that’s what I was hoping you’d say. Online only I wouldn’t like for a game like this. And level sharing sounds good too; LBP got me spoiled on that.

You didn’t answer the question you know is on the tip of my tongue, but that’s all good. Yeah, most certainly see you again in Home. For now . . . I have the Chimera to attend to.

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 7:58 pm said:

I did answer your trophies questions.

+ blkant on December 4th, 2008 at 5:15 pm said:

You guys sure are pushing out a lot of little mini games. That and with the recent announcement of exclusive content on RE5 I’m starting to forgive you for taking away monster hunter, starting to… Thank you though :)

+ John Diamonon on December 5th, 2008 at 8:42 am said:

No, thank you blkant!

+ EvoAnubis on December 4th, 2008 at 5:15 pm said:

“Geez, no pleasing some people”

*laughs* I told someone these exact words on the PlayStation forums regarding the free content currently in Home.

+ Angry_Qore_Subscriber on December 4th, 2008 at 5:17 pm said:

I will John once I finish Downloading Qore. I always thought all Qore was good for was the Demos and Beta invites. Sony making the video part of this months episode free proves my thinking correct.

Which is exactly why i’m so upset I still havn’t recieved my Home Beta invite yet promised 4 weeks ago.

Emailing Sony doesn’t help either as this is what you get:

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 8:03 pm said:

Hope you get on Home soon. I\’ve seen the future, and the future is Home.

+ XxBigP123xX on December 4th, 2008 at 5:19 pm said:

Just sayin :p

Downloading Qore 7 now to check out the demo (63% done).

+ Daver on December 4th, 2008 at 5:20 pm said:

Hmm not sure, oh well i bought Street fighter turbo even i knew i would not play it much… ill try the demo for sure tho

Oh and John can you bring someone here to talk about resident evil degeneration, i hope theres a resident evil 5 demo on the bluray version ;)

+ JohnnyMoses on December 4th, 2008 at 5:22 pm said:

Will this game have troll fees?

Man I wish SF2 had trophies!

Big gulps huh?! Well, see ya later!

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 7:59 pm said:

lol at troll fees. I\’ve paid my dues in troll fees on this blog.

+ Stoffinator on December 4th, 2008 at 5:24 pm said:

Thank you SO much for making the demo for subscribers only. [/sarcasm]

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 7:59 pm said:

Subscription has its perks.

+ SpookyJuice on December 4th, 2008 at 5:26 pm said:

John is there going to be Trophies? seeing as its rumored to be mandated in 2009.

+ smokey_vols on December 4th, 2008 at 5:26 pm said:

Very fun and original looking game, i’ll pick this up for sure. Capcom is on a roll.

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on December 4th, 2008 at 5:27 pm said:

All I think when I see this is – “more pointless DLC I’m not going to buy”.

Hey Capcom – where is Breath of Fire 6?

Hey Sony – where are my RPGs?

Seriously, 360, here I come.

+ Captain Fury on December 4th, 2008 at 5:30 pm said:

thanks for the post John

I’ll make sure to check it out.

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 8:00 pm said:

Please do Captain.

+ SantanaClaus89 on December 4th, 2008 at 5:33 pm said:

Just finished downloading the demo, I’ll check it out later this evening and post my impressions here.

Thanks for dropping in, John. Always a pleasure.

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 7:51 pm said:

Good to see you again Santana.

+ SantanaClaus89 on December 4th, 2008 at 5:34 pm said:

@22

You would be better suited there. Have fun.

+ SpLinT on December 4th, 2008 at 5:34 pm said:

This game looks very fun. I’m into challenging puzzle type games like opening gateways or using objects. Lots of replay value it looks like too. I don’t buy much games from the PSN but I’ll buy this for sure.

I’m gonna try the demo now.

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 8:01 pm said:

Come back and let me know what you think.

+ grashopper on December 4th, 2008 at 5:36 pm said:

That Free Qore didn’t help me much…I can’t download the demo because I’m not a annual subscriber :(
Bummed out…

+ JohnnyMoses on December 4th, 2008 at 5:39 pm said:

+ SpookyJuice on December 4th, 2008 at 5:44 pm said:

So I finally downloaded the demo, and after the first couple of levels I can definetly say this is going to bring me some joy in january. The only problem I’ve encountered so far is some screen tearing. Other than that its been flawless fun! btw trophies?

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 8:02 pm said:

tearing won\’t be in the final version and yes, trophies are in.

+ kspraydad on December 4th, 2008 at 5:44 pm said:

Does Robby KNOW that this demo isn’t ‘included’ with the free issue…you have to have an annual sub to get the demo.

I’m not complaining…Qore subscribers SHOULD get some treats…just that Robby seems to be oblivious to this.

+ Robby Zinchak on December 5th, 2008 at 8:13 am said:

Thanks kspraydad, I am aware :)

+ kspraydad on December 4th, 2008 at 5:45 pm said:

@22

Thank freaking gawd you are moving on…your DLC diatribes are tiring. What the H3LL did you think the HDD in your PS3 was for?

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on December 4th, 2008 at 5:46 pm said:

@25

Why’s that? Because I don’t blindly lap up every single thing that Sony tries to force me to buy?

+ SantanaClaus89 on December 4th, 2008 at 5:49 pm said:

@32

No because you complain like a little woman just because something is coming out that YOU don’t want.

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on December 4th, 2008 at 5:50 pm said:

If buy a $400 and there’s nothing for me to play on it, I have a bloody right to complain as much as I want.

+ lifeRPGs on December 4th, 2008 at 5:53 pm said:

“You’re probably thinking, “What the flock is FLOCK!?””

My goodness, i love your sense your humor!

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on December 4th, 2008 at 5:53 pm said:

@33 And if you can’t comment without resorting to personal attacks, don’t comment.

+ FeatherNET on December 4th, 2008 at 5:58 pm said:

@34

Forced to buy things? Really? Can’t please everyone, eh?

Flock looks awesome, and oddly cute. Kudos!

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 8:05 pm said:

thanks, I really dig the game.

+ erico316 on December 4th, 2008 at 6:04 pm said:

john is the demo for everyone who download qore?
any info on super street fighter lil surprise?

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 7:53 pm said:

You haven\’t figured out the \’lil surprise yet?

+ erico316 on December 4th, 2008 at 6:08 pm said:

now to to capcom guy flock great ?i do have to say sorry for not being able to buy the last few capcom games!ok here my question for robby what your thought about the ps3 be truthful?Also any plans for you to work on a psp game?

+ Robby Zinchak on December 5th, 2008 at 8:16 am said:

I love the PS3 – Powerful hardware, Free multiplayer, Blu-ray playback, Great community, Fantastic Interface, etc. As for PSP, no plans as of yet, but we\’re always thinking about new things :)

+ acerazer1 on December 4th, 2008 at 6:27 pm said:

Yeah, it’s looks pretty cool, but I have a feeling I am too stupid to play this game. I subscribe to Qore though (hint, hint, Home Beta please) so I will give it a shot tomorrow or Sat. and let you guys know if I am, in fact, too stupid to play this game.

+ acerazer1 on December 4th, 2008 at 6:28 pm said:

Hahaha, what the flock is flock. I think I read that differently when I glanced over it quickly the first time. If you know what I mean.

+ sublimentality on December 4th, 2008 at 6:36 pm said:

Just tried out the demo. Id have to say this is by far THE BEST game Capcom has put out yet. Very high quality fun, good visuals, good humor, and quite possibly something I could maybe even get my lady friend into playing with me (no pun intended). Will probably make list of top 5 downloadable games.

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 8:07 pm said:

Thanks for the props.

+ Robby Zinchak on December 5th, 2008 at 8:16 am said:

Wow, thanks :D

+ Ramses_13 on December 4th, 2008 at 6:42 pm said:

Looks worse than calling all cars, used to Qore disappointing me what with false promises of Home invites.

+ gmk218 on December 4th, 2008 at 6:45 pm said:

looks like fun ill have to d/l my issue of qore to try thanks for the new demo content on qore getting tired of seeing calling all cars you guys need to release new demo content for qore every month just for qore thanks again

+ gmk218 on December 4th, 2008 at 6:46 pm said:

oh no worries youll get your home invite soon enough patience grass hopper

+ chriscowboyd on December 4th, 2008 at 6:49 pm said:

yo john i play it and i must say its a buy for me good game man

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 8:07 pm said:

Thanks. Robby worked hard on the game

+ GGCAN on December 4th, 2008 at 6:50 pm said:

Just tried the demo from Qore and I gotta say I sure had a few laughs and a lot of fun

Thanks John.

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 8:08 pm said:

Thanks for trying the demo GG.

+ Johnny Sasaki on December 4th, 2008 at 7:04 pm said:

Was this game influenced at all by Space Station: Silicon Valley for the N64? I loved that game, and I’m getting a kinda similar vibe from it in a way, that’s a good thing :D

Cheers!

+ erico316 on December 4th, 2008 at 7:10 pm said:

o and john i have a favor to ask can u go and slap the ceo of sqaure enix!u know a b**** slap i have lost all respect for him for his recent statements and i so show him what a developers who work hard can ahvieme on ps3

+ gorillapimp on December 4th, 2008 at 7:19 pm said:

Hey John, Welcome Robby,

Few questions but FLOCK. Will it be 5.1? Will the PS3 edition be the same in terms of features? And finally, please make sure they keep the term “MOTHERFLOCKER” in the game, that’s hilarious!

BTW, game looks like loads of fun!

+ Robby Zinchak on December 5th, 2008 at 8:20 am said:

Yes, 5.1 is supported. PS3 has the same features, and motherflocker is in there :)

PAGE 1 2 3