Star Wars Battlefront

Dec 04

Exclusive FLOCK! Winter Demo on Qore!

John Diamonon's Avatar Posted by John Diamonon on Dec 04, 2008 // Product Marketing Manager, Capcom

You’re probably thinking, “What the flock is FLOCK!?” Well, today you’re going to find out because we have a little surprise for you in the free issue of Qore today. Below are a couple of videos that show some of the quirky and original gameplay you’ll see in the game.

I want to introduce you to one of my co-workers, Robby Zinchak. Don’t let his young looks fool you. He’s an up-and-coming associate producer extraordinaire who’s ready to answer all your questions regarding this truly unique, downloadable game. Just don’t ask him to show you his ID. (Just kidding Robby.)

Hi! This is my first time posting here, so I figure I should introduce myself first ;) My name is Robby, and I’m the Associate Producer on FLOCK! here at Capcom. As mentioned previously on this blog, the new episode of Qore (available today!) includes both a video feature on FLOCK! and a fully playable demo!

The premise of FLOCK! is simple: you’re a UFO (the ‘Flocker’) which seeks to abduct animals. Through the levels, you’ll abduct these cute animals by herding them into your Motherflocker (yes, really, we named the ship that :P). But it’s not a simple point A to point B operation – all sorts of peril and surprises lie between the animals and their destination. For instance, in one level you’ll play, there are crops between the sheep and the ship, so you’ll have to make crop circles with your UFO’s depressor beam to make a path for them to cross (finally we know the true purpose behind all those crop circles!). Through the game, you’ll have to contend with numerous challenges. Among these challenges, your flock will face pits, scarecrows, water, bridges, and even trampolines that’ll send them flying!

The full game also includes co-op gameplay, so you can bring a friend in to help you herd the animals. In co-op levels, you’ll have to work together to get your objectives met. For instance, one player may need to lift a gate while another player herds the animals through the gate. It’s a lot of fun, so look forward to it! One of our more unique features is the ability to create your own maps with our built in map-editor. We use the same tool to make the official levels, so you’ll have a lot of flexibility and power in the kind of maps you’re able to make. Plus, you can even upload your maps online where you’ll be able to share them with other players.

Each of the levels (over 50!) is replayable – there are bonuses to beating the map quickly and also beating the map perfectly by collecting all animals. As you beat levels, you’ll unlock new abilities to use and items to place in the editor. Sometimes you’ll need to unlock something later in the game that’ll help you beat a level earlier in the game perfectly. Between all the levels and modes included, we think you’ll be getting a lot of gameplay value out of this downloadable game! :)

So, hopefully that’s a good introduction to FLOCK!. Don’t forget to download the FLOCK! Winter Qore Demo — you’ll be among the first to ever play the game! It includes a full six levels, with three of the four animals unlocked to play with. We’ve even included the level editor to make your own levels! I’ll keep an eye out for comments here and reply where I’m able to. Keep your eyes out for more FLOCK! news in the coming weeks – we’ll have lots more information coming soon!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ chriscowboyd on December 4th, 2008 at 8:49 pm said:

sorry i left you out rob hey man good game rob and john .

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ Robby Zinchak on December 5th, 2008 at 8:25 am said:

Thanks! :)

+ Snack_Eeter on December 4th, 2008 at 9:07 pm said:

Yo John! Thanks for the FLOCK! game! I bet it will have lots of replay value! I hope to play against you

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 9:49 pm said:

Did u play it?

+ TFHAppo on December 4th, 2008 at 9:47 pm said:

BTW, John. Add me, please! PSN: Appo

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 9:49 pm said:

Add me: HIERO9D3

+ sublimentality on December 4th, 2008 at 6:36 pm said:

Just tried out the demo. Id have to say this is by far THE BEST game Capcom has put out yet. Very high quality fun, good visuals, good humor, and quite possibly something I could maybe even get my lady friend into playing with me (no pun intended). Will probably make list of top 5 downloadable games.

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ Robby Zinchak on December 5th, 2008 at 8:16 am said:

Wow, thanks :D

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 8:07 pm said:

Thanks for the props.

+ Ramses_13 on December 4th, 2008 at 6:42 pm said:

Looks worse than calling all cars, used to Qore disappointing me what with false promises of Home invites.

+ gmk218 on December 4th, 2008 at 6:45 pm said:

looks like fun ill have to d/l my issue of qore to try thanks for the new demo content on qore getting tired of seeing calling all cars you guys need to release new demo content for qore every month just for qore thanks again

+ gmk218 on December 4th, 2008 at 6:46 pm said:

oh no worries youll get your home invite soon enough patience grass hopper

+ chriscowboyd on December 4th, 2008 at 6:49 pm said:

yo john i play it and i must say its a buy for me good game man

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 8:07 pm said:

Thanks. Robby worked hard on the game

+ GGCAN on December 4th, 2008 at 6:50 pm said:

Just tried the demo from Qore and I gotta say I sure had a few laughs and a lot of fun

Thanks John.

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on December 4th, 2008 at 8:08 pm said:

Thanks for trying the demo GG.

+ Johnny Sasaki on December 4th, 2008 at 7:04 pm said:

Was this game influenced at all by Space Station: Silicon Valley for the N64? I loved that game, and I’m getting a kinda similar vibe from it in a way, that’s a good thing :D

+ erico316 on December 4th, 2008 at 7:10 pm said:

o and john i have a favor to ask can u go and slap the ceo of sqaure enix!u know a b**** slap i have lost all respect for him for his recent statements and i so show him what a developers who work hard can ahvieme on ps3

+ gorillapimp on December 4th, 2008 at 7:19 pm said:

Hey John, Welcome Robby,

Few questions but FLOCK. Will it be 5.1? Will the PS3 edition be the same in terms of features? And finally, please make sure they keep the term “MOTHERFLOCKER” in the game, that’s hilarious!

BTW, game looks like loads of fun!

John Diamonon's Avatar

+ Robby Zinchak on December 5th, 2008 at 8:20 am said:

Yes, 5.1 is supported. PS3 has the same features, and motherflocker is in there :)

+ NewYork214 on December 4th, 2008 at 7:21 pm said:

might be the first capcom game for ps3 that i buy. my ps2 collection is almost all capcom. and not one in my ps3 collection yet. downloadable or blu-ray. resident evil 5 will definitely be in my collection though.

+ u_nick on December 4th, 2008 at 7:39 pm said:

Downloaded the free Qore just for the Flock demo, only to find out it was for subscribers only. Don’t forget about us non-Qore-ers next time. Hopefully the rest of us can get the demo in a couple weeks? Pretty please? :D

That said, Bionic Commando is looking better and better, and Flock (the videos) look great too. I anxiously anticipate both!

+ CheesePie13 on December 4th, 2008 at 7:42 pm said:

This game reminds me of another game, i wonder what little or big game it could be…

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on December 4th, 2008 at 8:00 pm said:

So……Breath of Fire 6?
Onimshua 5?
Dino Crisis 4?

Where are the Capcom games that people actually care about?

+ Aeneman on December 4th, 2008 at 7:54 pm said:

Too many motherflockers flockin’ with my sheep.

John Diamonon's Avatar