Uncharted 4

Mirror’s Edge DLC packs a PS3 exclusive

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Dec 04, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Just wanted to pass along some news I received from EA today… Mirror’s Edge developer DICE is planning a special treat for PLAYSTATION 3 owners. When downloadable content for the game is released in late January, they’ll make an exclusive Time Trial map available free, only for PS3.

More info on the DLC from EA:

Players will be challenged to achieve the fastest times possible on nine races across seven all-new and totally redesigned Time Trial maps. No guns, no cops, and no city: this is true aesthetics, agility and flow that will challenge any runner.

I think the video says it best:

This special DLC pack will be available for $10. Look for an update on the PlayStation.Blog right before it hits the PlayStation Store.

65 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ OLy on December 4th, 2008 at 9:06 am said:

Nice :)

+ AlexD164 on December 4th, 2008 at 9:09 am said:

That is EPIC

+ narde15 on December 4th, 2008 at 9:10 am said:

looks fantastic!

+ Htr0ns on December 4th, 2008 at 9:13 am said:

Should have advertised this before the launch of this game.

+ happy_spud on December 4th, 2008 at 9:13 am said:

When do I get into HOME?? Whaaah!

+ kmac0378 on December 4th, 2008 at 9:14 am said:

Loving that music and thanks to my trusty iPod and Shazaam app, I discovered the artist (Lisa Miskovsky) and the title (Still Alive – Mirror’s Edge theme). What a cool song.

Video looks interesting! I may have to check this game out.

+ kmac0378 on December 4th, 2008 at 9:17 am said:

LOL – Just watched the video again and the song title is posted at the end of the video. I’m an idiot. But I just bought it on iTunes anyway and it gave me an excuse to use my new toy.

+ Koroshiya on December 4th, 2008 at 9:24 am said:

@kmac0378
That song has also been available for free on the PlayStation Store for a while now.

+ BIG-SLUG on December 4th, 2008 at 9:26 am said:

womp womp womp

+ lifeRPGs on December 4th, 2008 at 9:30 am said:

Nice, definitely getting this.

+ Ghostm on December 4th, 2008 at 9:32 am said:

It’s great to see some free DLC coming for this game. Unfortunately I didn’t buy this title. It wasn’t really my taste. Maybe I’ll buy in when it hits the bargain bins. It’s an EA game, so most likely in a moth or two it will be a lot cheaper. The FPS style is really killing it for me. Now if it was done in third person pov. That would’ve been awesome.

+ kellyjaye on December 4th, 2008 at 9:34 am said:

the game alone made me want to throw up when playing it, and seeing this vid makes me never want to go into a plane ever again!

+ hife on December 4th, 2008 at 9:35 am said:

Wow, I think I’m going to enjoy this even more than the actual game.

+ Ghostm on December 4th, 2008 at 9:35 am said:

Who sings that songs on the preview? I’d like to download it. Anybody?

+ Ghostm on December 4th, 2008 at 9:37 am said:

I think I’ve played that preview over 20x just to hear the song. Quick Someone tell me the name of the song and artist so I can go buy it in itunes.

+ Enigma777 on December 4th, 2008 at 9:39 am said:

Wait, its free but it costs $10? What?

+ Enigma777 on December 4th, 2008 at 9:40 am said:

Ghostm, the song is available for a free dl on the PSN store

+ Ghostm on December 4th, 2008 at 9:40 am said:

Thats what the game should’ve been like in the first place. But in third person point of view. It would’ve been totally kick ass. Instead they made it in throw-up mode.

+ Jeigh on December 4th, 2008 at 9:43 am said:

People! Stop before you waste your money! The song is availabe for FREE on the PSN Store. Come on, get with the program!

Thanks for the update.

+ Clixster on December 4th, 2008 at 9:46 am said:

Thats going to confusing, but yet, so awsome. Thats looks great.

+ ftwrthtx on December 4th, 2008 at 9:49 am said:

Thanks for the info and thanks to EA and Dice for giving the PS3 something extra.

+ Macks1974 on December 4th, 2008 at 9:51 am said:

So… which is it, free or $10?

+ lakaihigh on December 4th, 2008 at 9:52 am said:

my g/f picked this up for me a week ago and i plowed right through it. i loved everything about aside from the shortness of it :(. brought a tear or two 2 my eye when the game ended abruptly leaving me wanting more of the ‘edge’. this DLC is nice but I can’t see myself paying for what should have initially been on the disc and sooo much more. as a friend once so eloquently put it “bring on the free” i will be d/ling the free map. thanks for the FREE xtra content dice. it almost looks like mirrors edge met echochrome. guess its back to the speedrun trophies for now.

peace,
Lh

+ Ghostm on December 4th, 2008 at 10:03 am said:

I think the version that’s playing on the preview is a remix. It’s not the same as the one on PSN. I think. Slightly different tempo.

+ Ghostm on December 4th, 2008 at 10:06 am said:

That singer reminds me of Bjork/Michelle Branch or a little of both.

+ whatisdelicious on December 4th, 2008 at 10:06 am said:

Love the aesthetic of that. Just amazing to watch. Might be a little confusing to play unless the execution of this stuff is done perfectly, though.

Regardless, still completely awesome. Love that the PS3 is finally getting some exclusive DLC. Tired of everything going to the 360.

+ sascha23 on December 4th, 2008 at 10:20 am said:

I love Mirror’s Edge, but honestly, I’m going to opt out for this.

I would pay $10 for DLC when it means new story and proper content.

The Time Trials are not something I use in the regular game. I doubt this would sway me either.

+ AceGamer on December 4th, 2008 at 10:23 am said:

Free, or $10?

So what’s the real deal?

+ Ghostm on December 4th, 2008 at 10:24 am said:

OMG I’m such an ass. I’ve been so much into the track I didn’t even noticed that they wrote the name in the end. Don’t I feel like an ass. Well I’ve been rewinding it before it ends every single time >.<. Sorry everyone.

Any chance of use getting the remix on PSN? Or should I just try to find and buy it?

+ MegadethAndy on December 4th, 2008 at 10:30 am said:

Was EA sick or drunk at the time? Don’t mean to sound cynical, but its unlike them to give one up on the ps3.

+ vandam on December 4th, 2008 at 10:32 am said:

ADD ON city??? will we get an ADD ON for this ADD ON???? TO MANY ADD ON’s not enough games. I think there are more ADD ON’s than games on PSN…. Well Can’t wait for the ADD ON’s when The PS store updates tonight… I’ll be waiting I’m getting confused now!!!! :D

+ wbrinkman on December 4th, 2008 at 10:38 am said:

If the game is so short it can be completed in under 5 hours or something, why wasnt this bundled into the game? Scrapped to meet the november deadline or just to make more money?

I hope more DLC content is going to be released for free for this thing (not just 1 timetrial map)such as new episodes or a real multiplayer mode or it just isnt worth the money.

Glad i havnt bought this game yet.

+ ykiki on December 4th, 2008 at 10:44 am said:

Free DLC? I’m all over that. Free DLC was one of the great things about Burnout: Paradise. Even though they’re charging for DLC in 2009, I don’t mind after getting so much for free in 2008. Hopefully Mirror’s Edge will have a similar run of free DLC.

+ gmk218 on December 4th, 2008 at 10:44 am said:

$10 isnt that kinda pricey?

+ Parapraxis on December 4th, 2008 at 10:50 am said:

I need some clarification.
Is it just the FREE map that is PS3 exclusive, or the entire 10$ DLC pack?

+ Happy on December 4th, 2008 at 10:51 am said:

Not gona pay $10 for DLC, I think I will go to the store for a change.

+ the_icon on December 4th, 2008 at 10:56 am said:

I hope its worth it

+ digplans on December 4th, 2008 at 10:59 am said:

Wow. this looks absolutely gorgeous, and brilliant. I really thought that originally this should be the game. I kind of got turned off the demo/plot. It seemed tacky. But this is where they push the possibilities so much more. This should totally be on the disc at purchase, though. Or, the 10$ should only be a one time fee, for further levels to come in the future, LBP style. Fk it, just give us the dev tools to make our own. dope…

+ I.A.C.W. on December 4th, 2008 at 11:03 am said:

This almost makes me want to buy the game. Truly awesome DLC.

+ WHAT on December 4th, 2008 at 11:09 am said:

For a second there I thought they use the song Oh Mickey.

+ Kenshin001 on December 4th, 2008 at 11:11 am said:

+ DeeBo24 on December 4th, 2008 at 11:21 am said:

So is it free or is it $10? Has anybody gotten a response about that?

+ senjutsu_dav on December 4th, 2008 at 11:21 am said:

wow, impressibe maps.

PS: The song is better at the right speed, not too fast like in this video.

@Kenshin001:
“Speaking of exclusives, why is the Resident Evil 5 demo only coming out on Japanese Live and not PSN? Is this Capcom’s doing or did Sony fumble the ball again?”

It’s Microsoft who bought the exclusivity for the demmo in japan, they try to get japanese guys buy the x360 since they never were really popular in japan… And since BIG JRPGs like white knight story is popping this holiday for them, it’s gonna be hard for microsoft to get their attention again after vesperia.

+ Ghostm on December 4th, 2008 at 11:24 am said:

That Lisa Miskovsky is a stone cold swedish beauty. Totally bad ass for a 33 year old. I’m going to give her records a few spins. As for Teddy Bear, that’s a bad ass remix. That’s the kind of stuff I bang loud when I hit the FDR at 70 mlp. I gotta check out his work. Hopefully he’ll be as bad ass as DJ Shadow or Fat Boy.

+ Trieloth on December 4th, 2008 at 11:25 am said:

exclusive DLC for the PS3? WOW
I beat the game last weekend and I really enjoyed it.

+ kamiboy on December 4th, 2008 at 11:33 am said:

First person Super Mario Bros.

+ terribledeli on December 4th, 2008 at 11:39 am said:

One free map?

This is just part of the PS3 exclusive downloads for Mirror’s Edge right? More exclusive time trial maps are coming?

Otherwise, we’re getting totally hosed here.

+ mysongska on December 4th, 2008 at 12:03 pm said:

I enjoyed the demo alot more than i thought I would…might consider a purchase next year when it’s 17.99 used at Gamestop!

+ mysongska on December 4th, 2008 at 12:03 pm said:

yes…im cheap

+ CheesePie13 on December 4th, 2008 at 12:20 pm said:

Awsome! Finale an exclusive for ps3! And this game is already high up on my Christmas list!

PAGE 1 2