PS4 - Destiny

Mirror’s Edge DLC packs a PS3 exclusive

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Dec 04, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Just wanted to pass along some news I received from EA today… Mirror’s Edge developer DICE is planning a special treat for PLAYSTATION 3 owners. When downloadable content for the game is released in late January, they’ll make an exclusive Time Trial map available free, only for PS3.

More info on the DLC from EA:

Players will be challenged to achieve the fastest times possible on nine races across seven all-new and totally redesigned Time Trial maps. No guns, no cops, and no city: this is true aesthetics, agility and flow that will challenge any runner.

I think the video says it best:

This special DLC pack will be available for $10. Look for an update on the PlayStation.Blog right before it hits the PlayStation Store.

65 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ smokey_vols on December 4th, 2008 at 12:32 pm said:

Thanks to EA and DICE, we PS3 fans need to be show love too :)

+ mclaren777 on December 4th, 2008 at 12:55 pm said:

Dang it! EA just convinced me to give them seventy of my precious dollars. :(

+ kopicha on December 4th, 2008 at 1:14 pm said:

this is an awesome game. i love it and worth my $60 imo

+ makingdamage on December 4th, 2008 at 1:25 pm said:

By wbrinkman:

“If the game is so short it can be completed in under 5 hours or something, why wasnt this bundled into the game? Scrapped to meet the november deadline or just to make more money?

I hope more DLC content is going to be released for free for this thing (not just 1 timetrial map)such as new episodes or a real multiplayer mode or it just isnt worth the money.

Glad i havnt bought this game yet.”

Yeah! I agree. Really liked the demo but to pay 60 dollars for just 5-7 hours isn´t something I would do. I don´t think it´s acceptable today (with bluray and all) to charge that kind of money for so few hours of gameplay, no matter how good it is.

+ JakDak on December 4th, 2008 at 1:34 pm said:

Ok, just so everyone is clear, the map pack is coming out for both PS3 and XBOX360. It will be $10. There is an additional map that will be PS3 exclusive, and it will be free.

If you’re still confused after now, I can’t help you :)

+ TheInfectedBy590 on December 4th, 2008 at 1:53 pm said:

Looks great, it’s like a virtual Ninja Warrior! :p

Will there be any special trophies for the upcoming DLC?

+ Daver on December 4th, 2008 at 2:04 pm said:

It looks great but i have yet to finish the game, it frustrated me so i stopped lol

+ tirminyl on December 4th, 2008 at 2:50 pm said:

I thought the exclusive DLC was going to be much larger or much more exclusive. Either way, I can’t wait to get this.

+ TheHakku on December 4th, 2008 at 4:19 pm said:

@25: The singer is Lisa Miskovsky.

Teddybears are awesome. …Well, the only song I know by them is “Cobrastyle,” but oh well. Still.

+ acerazer1 on December 4th, 2008 at 6:29 pm said:

Great news Jeff, thanks for the update.

+ harrykid32 on December 5th, 2008 at 12:15 am said:

Finally EA shows the ps3 some lovin XD.
Nice remix of still alive.

+ wavesln on December 5th, 2008 at 2:30 am said:

Currently playing it. Pretty good game.

+ Astro411 on December 5th, 2008 at 4:14 am said:

Thanks Jeff :)

Will this map come with its own trophies?

First you said its free and then $ 10, so which is it?

+ Hishoko on December 5th, 2008 at 6:00 am said:

Hey Jeff any word if Sony’s working on everybodies save files that end up in 80022d11 error. Gamers want to be able to play there games again without being afraid of having to restart there whole save game all over again.

+ gamenut6659 on December 5th, 2008 at 6:34 am said:

This is definitly a good game. I beat it on hard in around 3 hours. I wanted to share this idea with DICE. how about a TAG mode I mean seriously this is the greatest game ever developed for TAG.

The people that have been complaning about the game being to short, well welcome to the new world. Nearly every game released anymore is roughly 10 to 20 hours. Even the RPG’s anymore top out many times around fifty hours. Its a disgrace as the game developers don’t care anymore its all about the fetty to qoute Mac Mall. RPG’s use to be a minimum of 60 to 100 hours, some even ranging into the hundreds of hours, but alas those days are probably never gonna be seen again unless you pay for DLC, the biggest scam out their.

PAGE 1 2