PS3-TLOU Left Behind

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Dec 05, 2008 // Director, PlayStation Store

Hi again! The weekend’s here – time for your weekly update of new movie & TV shows on the PlayStation Network.

Just wanted to remind everyone that the highly anticipated movie, THE DARK KNIGHT, will be available for download from PlayStation Network next Tuesday, December 9.

Check out this video:
“Batman Unmasked – Fear”
Fear is one of the fundamental psychologies of childhood. Learn how Bruce Wayne’s childhood fear of bats translates into his adult alter ego.

This week we’ve added new video content from the following television series:

• Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends – Season 2
  • Fringe – Season 1
  • Nip/Tuck – Season 1
  • Pushing Daisies – Season 2
  • Watchmen – Season 1
  • American Dad – Season 4
  • Bones – Season 4
  • Chuck – Season 2
  • It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia – Season 4
  • Prison Break – Season 4
  • Smallville – Season 8
  • Sons of Anarchy – Season 1
  • The Unit – Season 4
  • Xam’d: Lost Memories – Season 2

We’ve also added the following feature films:

• X-Files: I Want to Believe
  • Step Brothers (rate & unrated)
  • Bam Margera Presents: Where the %^#% is Santa?
  • The Prince and Me: A Royal Honeymoon
  • The Notebook
  • The Grudge 2
  • Superman: The Movie (Special Edition)
  • Shelter Me
  • Picture This
  • Oh God
  • Mailbu’s Most Wanted
  • Dot The I

And, here are our top 20 movie and top 20 TV downloads for the week:

Top Movie Downloads_12_5

Top TVDownloads_12_5

33 Comments

+ Enforcer_X on December 5th, 2008 at 11:35 am said:

Wish videos didn’t have so much DRM.
Video’s need Surround Sound.
HD Content needs a purchase option.

+ dmorris1129 on December 5th, 2008 at 11:38 am said:

Where is “Wanted”??

+ blkant on December 5th, 2008 at 11:40 am said:

More Futurama and please put up the History channels new series on the cities of the under world :D

+ ftwrthtx on December 5th, 2008 at 11:40 am said:

How about adding a download code to the blu-ray boxes when you purchase them so that we can then add those videos to our PSPs.

The digital copy that comes with DVDs and Blu-rays are not compatible with the PSP.

+ burn on December 5th, 2008 at 11:41 am said:

Will there ever be a canadian store?

+ Scodo_Thope on December 5th, 2008 at 11:41 am said:

Why can’t I purchase HD versions?

+ Enforcer_X on December 5th, 2008 at 11:42 am said:

Hancock was a great movie!
Found an alternate version:

DRM free
5.1 dolby surround sound
1080p video
M2TS file (Playable on PS3)

Would have used the PS Video Store if it provided what I wanted …

+ Enforcer_X on December 5th, 2008 at 11:46 am said:

@4
Are you kidding me?
The digital copies are not compatabile with the PSP?
I didn’t know this.
WTF ARE YOU DOING SONY?

Well I guess it won’t matter if Sony comes with that firmware they showed a while back copying blu-ray’s to the PSP.

Otherwise what the hell good is a digital copy?

PS Video Store needs a lot of work before it is deserving of my money.

+ BStreakX on December 5th, 2008 at 11:50 am said:

Still not in Canada?

Given no other choice, Canadians will continue to pirate video with bittorrent until Sony and others offer a proper video store with the content we want.

+ Enforcer_X on December 5th, 2008 at 11:50 am said:

@9
AMEN!

+ Enforcer_X on December 5th, 2008 at 11:53 am said:

I DO NOT condone piracy.
However given the alternatives available I surely see the continued support of such methods.

Is it to much to ask for a DRM free video in HD with surround sound available for purchase?

+ XxBigP123xX on December 5th, 2008 at 12:08 pm said:

Remove the DRM please.

+ jazzagers on December 5th, 2008 at 12:10 pm said:

Will the video store ever open up to the Playstation Store on PSP?

+ Nitrowolf2 on December 5th, 2008 at 12:16 pm said:

Allot of question.
I have one but its about Home, so i’ll ask later.
I do have one question, will you be posting anything oon hear about Home? That not my original question btw.
Well im out, going to NY for the weekend.

+ womfalcs3 on December 5th, 2008 at 12:16 pm said:

I’ll get X-Files and The Dark Knight soon for rental.

I’ll rent both once after The Dark Knight is released.

+ jayyy91 on December 5th, 2008 at 12:19 pm said:

I wish I could use this in Canada.

Oh well…

Limewire here I come!!!

+ joostin on December 5th, 2008 at 12:41 pm said:

I wish this was available in Canada…@9 is right. I will continue to dl my tv shows in HD until given another option. I know it is Canada’s slow CTRC, but I have seen other services like BB on demand come here in a shorter time period. Sony just doesn’t care.

+ emjayx on December 5th, 2008 at 12:48 pm said:

Thanks for the update

+ smokey_vols on December 5th, 2008 at 1:06 pm said:

Not as much content as usual, but still a good update. Thanks.

+ Slayer612 on December 5th, 2008 at 1:18 pm said:

How about adding the feature to re-download content!!!!!

+ Enforcer_X on December 5th, 2008 at 1:32 pm said:

From these comments I see a place Sony needs to spend some serious time and effort on.

+ ChuckD on December 5th, 2008 at 1:34 pm said:

AHHH you guys need to add more Chowder from CN! I’ve been waiting forever!!!

+ Masterofallz on December 5th, 2008 at 2:48 pm said:

“Other items worth mentioning: the most immediately obvious solution for the movie situation would be to boost the number of films from different studios, as well as signing a deal with Universal and getting many of those films on the PSN as soon as possible. Apart from that, it would make some sense to fill in some of the gaps that are left in some series’. It doesn’t make any sense to include three of the four Alien movies, for example, and leave out the original movie that launched the franchise.”

+ Raacky on December 5th, 2008 at 3:15 pm said:

Sony, I want to buy the movie, Clue…i only rented it at $4.50, thought i got a bargain for the entire movie =\ don’t know how because i have rented movies off ps3 before, anyways it’s only available to rent, let us buy it

+ sainraja on December 5th, 2008 at 3:49 pm said:

Thanks again for adding Smallville episodes! I really do appreciate it!

+ horsielion on December 5th, 2008 at 3:56 pm said:

Where is Sarah Connor Chronicles? :(

+ Korlithiel on December 5th, 2008 at 5:38 pm said:

Err, you still can’t download any of this from your PSP. So, unless that ever changes I don’t think I’ll be downloading a whole lot of this since I just want to nab it straight from my PSP for viewing on my PSP.

+ tekm0sis on December 5th, 2008 at 7:49 pm said:

Hey Grace,

Have you guys ever thought of giving psn video fans more than the option of just renting individual pieces of content? Just a thought here, but maybe you guys should consider giving out subscriptions to the video store. You could offer various plans that range from 1 to 20 or another reasonable amount of movies per month for corresponding monthly or annual fees. For example you could offer an 8 movie per month plan for $8 a month. Plus you could set up queues so you could only view one movie at a time and not pile up a bunch of them. When the user is done with their current movie, just have them go to their queue, remove the finished movie from it, and then access the next. There are probably more details to this that you guys could work out.

+ AranhaHunter on December 5th, 2008 at 8:04 pm said:

How come there are plenty of movie studios without a storefront? Only the original 7 have a store front….

+ wbrinkman on December 5th, 2008 at 8:22 pm said:

-Euro store / other locales
-both rental, purchase options
-free download with purchase of actual BR disk
-NO DRM
-more content
-psp support
-HD audio

So much potential…

+ OldSchool969 on December 5th, 2008 at 8:57 pm said:

I’m not one to spam asking for new features but I’m getting tired of this hiccup and it needs to be put to rest once and for all:

MESSAGING/TEXT/KEYBOARD FREEZE UPS

The patch did absolutely nothing and that was out months ago, and it still hasn’t been addressed. I just froze up 3 times within a half hour, this is absolutely ridiculous.

PLEASE FIX THE MESSAGING FREEZE UPS.

+ Asterik on December 5th, 2008 at 9:23 pm said:

Many people have their issues. However, DRM is set as if it ‘works’ you see these movies poppin up on the net. I think Sony wants to steer clear of any blame for their movies being taken off our own harddrive and placed on bittorrent sites.

So there you have it.

+ Avro2007 on December 6th, 2008 at 10:27 pm said:

Any updates on how the PS Video Store is coming along for Canadian Playstation users?