Overwatch

Dec 05

Dec 05

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi again! The weekend’s here – time for your weekly update of new movie & TV shows on the PlayStation Network.

Just wanted to remind everyone that the highly anticipated movie, THE DARK KNIGHT, will be available for download from PlayStation Network next Tuesday, December 9.

Check out this video:
“Batman Unmasked – Fear”
Fear is one of the fundamental psychologies of childhood. Learn how Bruce Wayne’s childhood fear of bats translates into his adult alter ego.

This week we’ve added new video content from the following television series:

• Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends – Season 2
  • Fringe – Season 1
  • Nip/Tuck – Season 1
  • Pushing Daisies – Season 2
  • Watchmen – Season 1
  • American Dad – Season 4
  • Bones – Season 4
  • Chuck – Season 2
  • It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia – Season 4
  • Prison Break – Season 4
  • Smallville – Season 8
  • Sons of Anarchy – Season 1
  • The Unit – Season 4
  • Xam’d: Lost Memories – Season 2

We’ve also added the following feature films:

• X-Files: I Want to Believe
  • Step Brothers (rate & unrated)
  • Bam Margera Presents: Where the %^#% is Santa?
  • The Prince and Me: A Royal Honeymoon
  • The Notebook
  • The Grudge 2
  • Superman: The Movie (Special Edition)
  • Shelter Me
  • Picture This
  • Oh God
  • Mailbu’s Most Wanted
  • Dot The I

And, here are our top 20 movie and top 20 TV downloads for the week:

Top Movie Downloads_12_5

Top TVDownloads_12_5

Add Your Own

Enforcer_X said:

December 5th, 11:35 am

Wish videos didn’t have so much DRM.
Video’s need Surround Sound.
HD Content needs a purchase option.

dmorris1129 said:

December 5th, 11:38 am

Where is “Wanted”??

blkant said:

December 5th, 11:40 am

More Futurama and please put up the History channels new series on the cities of the under world :D

ftwrthtx said:

December 5th, 11:40 am

How about adding a download code to the blu-ray boxes when you purchase them so that we can then add those videos to our PSPs.

The digital copy that comes with DVDs and Blu-rays are not compatible with the PSP.

burn said:

December 5th, 11:41 am

Will there ever be a canadian store?

Scodo_Thope said:

December 5th, 11:41 am

Why can’t I purchase HD versions?

Enforcer_X said:

December 5th, 11:42 am

Hancock was a great movie!
Found an alternate version:

DRM free
5.1 dolby surround sound
1080p video
M2TS file (Playable on PS3)

Would have used the PS Video Store if it provided what I wanted …

Enforcer_X said:

December 5th, 11:46 am

@4
Are you kidding me?
The digital copies are not compatabile with the PSP?
I didn’t know this.
WTF ARE YOU DOING SONY?

Well I guess it won’t matter if Sony comes with that firmware they showed a while back copying blu-ray’s to the PSP.

Otherwise what the hell good is a digital copy?

PS Video Store needs a lot of work before it is deserving of my money.

BStreakX said:

December 5th, 11:50 am

Still not in Canada?

Given no other choice, Canadians will continue to pirate video with bittorrent until Sony and others offer a proper video store with the content we want.

Enforcer_X said:

December 5th, 11:50 am

@9
AMEN!

Enforcer_X said:

December 5th, 11:53 am

I DO NOT condone piracy.
However given the alternatives available I surely see the continued support of such methods.

Is it to much to ask for a DRM free video in HD with surround sound available for purchase?

XxBigP123xX said:

December 5th, 12:08 pm

Remove the DRM please.

jazzagers said:

December 5th, 12:10 pm

Will the video store ever open up to the Playstation Store on PSP?

Nitrowolf2 said:

December 5th, 12:16 pm

Allot of question.
I have one but its about Home, so i’ll ask later.
I do have one question, will you be posting anything oon hear about Home? That not my original question btw.
Well im out, going to NY for the weekend.

womfalcs3 said:

December 5th, 12:16 pm

I’ll get X-Files and The Dark Knight soon for rental.

I’ll rent both once after The Dark Knight is released.

jayyy91 said:

December 5th, 12:19 pm

I wish I could use this in Canada.

Oh well…

Limewire here I come!!!

joostin said:

December 5th, 12:41 pm

I wish this was available in Canada…@9 is right. I will continue to dl my tv shows in HD until given another option. I know it is Canada’s slow CTRC, but I have seen other services like BB on demand come here in a shorter time period. Sony just doesn’t care.

emjayx said:

December 5th, 12:48 pm

Thanks for the update

smokey_vols said:

December 5th, 1:06 pm

Not as much content as usual, but still a good update. Thanks.

Slayer612 said:

December 5th, 1:18 pm

How about adding the feature to re-download content!!!!!

Enforcer_X said:

December 5th, 1:32 pm

From these comments I see a place Sony needs to spend some serious time and effort on.

ChuckD said:

December 5th, 1:34 pm

AHHH you guys need to add more Chowder from CN! I’ve been waiting forever!!!

Masterofallz said:

December 5th, 2:48 pm

“Other items worth mentioning: the most immediately obvious solution for the movie situation would be to boost the number of films from different studios, as well as signing a deal with Universal and getting many of those films on the PSN as soon as possible. Apart from that, it would make some sense to fill in some of the gaps that are left in some series’. It doesn’t make any sense to include three of the four Alien movies, for example, and leave out the original movie that launched the franchise.”

Raacky said:

December 5th, 3:15 pm

Sony, I want to buy the movie, Clue…i only rented it at $4.50, thought i got a bargain for the entire movie =\ don’t know how because i have rented movies off ps3 before, anyways it’s only available to rent, let us buy it

sainraja said:

December 5th, 3:49 pm

Thanks again for adding Smallville episodes! I really do appreciate it!

horsielion said:

December 5th, 3:56 pm

Where is Sarah Connor Chronicles? :(

Korlithiel said:

December 5th, 5:38 pm

Err, you still can’t download any of this from your PSP. So, unless that ever changes I don’t think I’ll be downloading a whole lot of this since I just want to nab it straight from my PSP for viewing on my PSP.

tekm0sis said:

December 5th, 7:49 pm

Hey Grace,

Have you guys ever thought of giving psn video fans more than the option of just renting individual pieces of content? Just a thought here, but maybe you guys should consider giving out subscriptions to the video store. You could offer various plans that range from 1 to 20 or another reasonable amount of movies per month for corresponding monthly or annual fees. For example you could offer an 8 movie per month plan for $8 a month. Plus you could set up queues so you could only view one movie at a time and not pile up a bunch of them. When the user is done with their current movie, just have them go to their queue, remove the finished movie from it, and then access the next. There are probably more details to this that you guys could work out.

AranhaHunter said:

December 5th, 8:04 pm

How come there are plenty of movie studios without a storefront? Only the original 7 have a store front….

wbrinkman said:

December 5th, 8:22 pm

-Euro store / other locales
-both rental, purchase options
-free download with purchase of actual BR disk
-NO DRM
-more content
-psp support
-HD audio

So much potential…

OldSchool969 said:

December 5th, 8:57 pm

I’m not one to spam asking for new features but I’m getting tired of this hiccup and it needs to be put to rest once and for all:

MESSAGING/TEXT/KEYBOARD FREEZE UPS

The patch did absolutely nothing and that was out months ago, and it still hasn’t been addressed. I just froze up 3 times within a half hour, this is absolutely ridiculous.

PLEASE FIX THE MESSAGING FREEZE UPS.

Asterik said:

December 5th, 9:23 pm

Many people have their issues. However, DRM is set as if it ‘works’ you see these movies poppin up on the net. I think Sony wants to steer clear of any blame for their movies being taken off our own harddrive and placed on bittorrent sites.

So there you have it.

Avro2007 said:

December 6th, 10:27 pm

Any updates on how the PS Video Store is coming along for Canadian Playstation users?