PS4 - Destiny

LBP + Street Fighter DLC @ PS Store: 12/11/08

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Dec 08, 2008 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

HADOUKEN! When you’re taking a break from playing your newly downloaded Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (available now on the PlayStation Network) — imagine venturing around LittleBigPlanet dressed as some of the greatest and most iconic characters in fighting. Beginning this Thursday, CAPCOM’s Street Fighter, one of the world’s greatest pop culture phenomenons, teams up with LittleBigPlanet to bring you brand new Street Fighter costumes made especially for your Sackboys and Sackgirls.

Now is your chance to be geared up and ready to go toe-to-toe with anyone who stands in your way with Ryu, Chun-Li, Guile and Zangief costumes that will be available at the PlayStation Store.

RyuFront ChunLiFront

GuilePerspective ZangiefFront

For all you fans who want to add to your growing costume collection, each costume will be available for $1.99. OR you can purchase ALL 4 COSTUMES for $5.99 in our Street Fighter Costume Pack.

LittleBigPlanet_AddOn-StreetFighterCostumePack_thumb_US

Oh, and that’s not all for this week in costumes. Check back here again on Wednesday to see what else we have “in-store” for you.

Til next time…’keep it on the DL’

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Mana Knight on December 8th, 2008 at 6:38 pm said:

Awesome. :D I definitely want Ryu on my LBP.

+ Jonesy989 on December 8th, 2008 at 6:41 pm said:

ssecond. woot, this is awsome,, so getting it!

+ Jonesy989 on December 8th, 2008 at 6:42 pm said:

oh yeah, cant wait to see what you guys have coming wednesday!:)

+ erickmtrejo007 on December 8th, 2008 at 6:44 pm said:

sweet

+ darkiewonder on December 8th, 2008 at 6:46 pm said:

COOL! Do you know if capcom will make a Developer level?

+ matheaks on December 8th, 2008 at 6:47 pm said:

Thanks Mark, SO MUCH
I am hooked on both Street Fighter and LBP, and ITS FINALS WEEK… aw ;(
I can’t play till winter break..

Thanks though, these look amazing!

+ EddyxMob on December 8th, 2008 at 6:48 pm said:

When are Sephiroth and Killzone coming to LBP?
lol

But this is sweet
nice work
hi-5

+ saintfighteraqua on December 8th, 2008 at 6:55 pm said:

This is amazing!!! So much support from everyone for this game!!!!

+ ftwrthtx on December 8th, 2008 at 7:02 pm said:

Cool downloads for an awesome game.
Thanks

+ MariusElijah on December 8th, 2008 at 7:08 pm said:

awesome

but i would prefer MK characters

+ happy_spud on December 8th, 2008 at 7:15 pm said:

Sometimes I just feel like a big sack…boy!

+ MidgetguyII on December 8th, 2008 at 7:16 pm said:

SWEET! I can’t wait to see what the free content for LBP will be this week! These updates for LBP just keep getting better and better! (With the exception of last week… that one was a little, well, weak, with only one costume being offered…)

I’m hoping for more objects, materials, and stickers as download content though! That would be cool!

+ Stoffinator on December 8th, 2008 at 7:20 pm said:

$2 for a costume? Screw you guys.

+ Netweb on December 8th, 2008 at 7:20 pm said:

To high for my wallet… 5€ every weeks only for LBP..
I wanted the MM release t-shirt and not bought because on Portugal 5€ is my breakfast everyday…

So.. My game is about 90€ already…

BUT I WILL PAY FOR LARA CROFT COSTUME!!! 10€ if necessary!!

+ Netweb on December 8th, 2008 at 7:21 pm said:

Like this one made by me :D

+ jqtaxpayer on December 8th, 2008 at 7:29 pm said:

$6 for costumes? Are you serious? That’s 10% of the price of the original game! Have you all lost your minds? Shame on those involved in the pricing of this product, and shame on anyone who purchases it.

+ Fallen_Guardian on December 8th, 2008 at 7:31 pm said:

Im not a big fan of fighting games, but ill for sure be picking up these, ill be buying every LBP costume. I only wish i could buy the T shirt, even if it was 10 dollars, i’d buy it, a game like this is worth every dollar.

+ Astro411 on December 8th, 2008 at 7:32 pm said:

OMG they’re so cute ;p

Guile looks like a paintbrush XD

+ jazzyrider on December 8th, 2008 at 7:34 pm said:

Can’t remember but is the Snake costume from MGS available?

+ Fallen_Guardian on December 8th, 2008 at 7:35 pm said:

ALSO:

@ all the people complaining about the prices, costumes dont upgrade the gameplay, so your NOT missing out on anything, if you dont want to pay the price, than you dont get it, its not like the developers are making you pay to create levels or whatever. So STFU and enjoy the game!

+ gat305 on December 8th, 2008 at 7:37 pm said:

freakin awesome though an akuma sackboy would be the icing on the cake… any ideas when the sephiroth and old snake r coming? and how bout a dante and nero from devil may cry that be hot too… i love lbp more and more with each dlc

+ TheApprentice on December 8th, 2008 at 7:38 pm said:

The price is a bit too high…
I would have gladly bought these at 99c…
Not 1.99 each :(

+ erdie on December 8th, 2008 at 7:38 pm said:

A little too rich for my blood, but there’s a few characters I’d pay to have. Everyone’s favorite lombax, for one.

+ EvoAnubis on December 8th, 2008 at 7:47 pm said:

No Ken? Phail!

j/k . . . kinda. This is cool, but no Ken is disappointing.

+ iMop00 on December 8th, 2008 at 8:02 pm said:

6$ for costumes? Wow.

+ Stoffinator on December 8th, 2008 at 8:03 pm said:

@19

I guess you liked getting milked? Regardless if its forced on you are not. At the rate these come out, they are way to over priced.

+ 40cal on December 8th, 2008 at 8:04 pm said:

Those all look awesome.

Really? $5.99? That is 10% of what I paid for the game. These great costume packs need to come with new stickers, textures and/or other in game items, then I would gladly give you my $5.99.

I will have to think about it the way it stands.

+ Darnell0216 on December 8th, 2008 at 8:08 pm said:

Ken > Zangief. How he got picked over the fab 4 (Ken, Ryu, Guile, Chun-Li) is puzzling, but I’m thankful nevertheless :).

+ smokey_vols on December 8th, 2008 at 8:11 pm said:

Best LBP costumes yet!!!

+ OLy on December 8th, 2008 at 8:12 pm said:

The pricing is outrageous. I’m gonna pass and I encourage everyone on here to NOT buy them. I mean, this is just a new level of greed. Shame on you.

+ tirminyl on December 8th, 2008 at 8:13 pm said:

So freaking cool! As much as I love LBP and love the costumes, I can’t spend $5.99 on it no matter how tempting it is. I would much rather put it towards one of the PSN expansion packs or PSP download-able title.

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on December 8th, 2008 at 8:16 pm said:

TOO EXPENSIVE…. I’ll pass but hey at least you’re bringing some DLC which I’m sure someone will buy…

+ AceStrike on December 8th, 2008 at 8:17 pm said:

They are really cool, I’ll give you that, but both prices are absurd for skins, sorry. For $2 more I can buy a full PS1 classic game with that amount. Sorry.

+ gmk218 on December 8th, 2008 at 8:23 pm said:

very expensive what about the frigging t shirt you guys promised us for the first week its now been how long come on no free b stuff i guess we always gett forgotten arent we the ones supporting LBP the biggest game sony has produced im begininig to loose intrest if you guys cant keep your promises sorry epic fail more free stuff please

+ Skerj on December 8th, 2008 at 8:23 pm said:

Sold, seriously I’m buying all of them. Can we get some Bison/Vega love too?

+ DudeFX on December 8th, 2008 at 8:26 pm said:

Cool content but I’ll pass, will never wear them and the price is a little high. At first I was ok with it, but now I see the pricing scheme being too high for what you get. I know everyone has to get a cut of the license and revenue but pricing should be more favorable.

+ Fallen_Guardian on December 8th, 2008 at 8:31 pm said:

@25:

No i just enjoy having a good time and dont mind spending more on a game thats worth more than 60 bucks anyways.

Anyways, like i said before, costumes add nothing more to the gameplay, thus its not a big deal if they cost money, your not missing out on anything if you dont buy them so dont complain about the prices. Sony has always made strides towards making our console experience better and better, and ill support Sony any way i can.

+ enewtabie on December 8th, 2008 at 8:31 pm said:

@25
Don’t buy them and move on.It doesn’t effect you if people want to buy them or not.At least there are choices and Sony will offer more free costumes(just watch)down the road.Some people just like to complain no matter what.

+ DMeisterJ on December 8th, 2008 at 8:33 pm said:

Ryu! Oh I can’t wait to play as Ryu!

+ enewtabie on December 8th, 2008 at 8:38 pm said:

I’m just saying that Street Fighter backgrounds would be a nice surprise as DLC Wednesday :)

+ MrDuran on December 8th, 2008 at 8:38 pm said:

The costumes are nice and all, but I would like to see more game building objects and themes, like a space theme or lunar landscape. Or better yet how about a way to make our own themes.

+ somrandomguy1122 on December 8th, 2008 at 8:41 pm said:

seriously, do you really need to pay $6 just to look a little better? There needs to be lower prices on costumes.

+ acerazer1 on December 8th, 2008 at 8:42 pm said:

I’m not the biggest Street Fighter fan, so when I heard about the Street Fighter LBP costumes, I wasn’t exactly ecstatic. But those actually look really great, I’m thinking about getting the bundle since I’m really diggin’ Chun Li and Ryu, and Guile’s hair I think I might just want to put on my sackboy with some sweet shades for fun, haha.

What’s everyone complaining about, pricing was announced a long, long time ago. If you’re so against it, you shouldn’t have bought the game.

Also, thanks to PSN for the Home beta code today, coming through, as always.

+ Clinton514 on December 8th, 2008 at 8:46 pm said:

:lol: Peeps still complaining about premium items. I’m not crazy about the pricing either and if you don’t like it…just don’t buy it. Simple as that.

+ chriscowboyd on December 8th, 2008 at 8:53 pm said:

@ everone you dont have to buy so injoy lbp . you dont have to buy the outfit to play the game also there not overprice and they must be selling well cause none of the old outfit are drop in price . great job to mm and sony keep up the good work, oh yet i know someone will ask about home so let me inform you its dec 17 .

+ venneer on December 8th, 2008 at 9:04 pm said:

@15
THANK YOU! Someone knows basic math and still has economical sense here besides me. This is absurd, you are charging 7 to 10% on this game every single week, this is getting REALLY out of hand.

@19
It’s exactly WHY because costumes do not alter game play that most people ARE complaining. LittleBigPlanet is a shallow enough game as it is, if these extra bucks were to make the game even the tiniest bit better, I would be ALMOST justifiable. But it is not, hence, it’s pretty much a rip-off.

+ Starrynite on December 8th, 2008 at 9:09 pm said:

hehehe

This is great I am so totally buying the costume pack!!

+ Money1 on December 8th, 2008 at 9:13 pm said:

hell yea, i’m diggin the ryu and zangief costumes, the other two are cool indeed but would prefer ken and akuma

+ Clinton514 on December 8th, 2008 at 9:13 pm said:

How exactly do the costumes alter game play? Am I missing something here. This is just crazy.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on December 8th, 2008 at 9:15 pm said:

Day 1 purchase for me! I love this “lil” surprise!

PAGE 1 2 3