PS4-Watch_Dogs

LBP + Street Fighter DLC @ PS Store: 12/11/08

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Dec 08, 2008 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

HADOUKEN! When you’re taking a break from playing your newly downloaded Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (available now on the PlayStation Network) — imagine venturing around LittleBigPlanet dressed as some of the greatest and most iconic characters in fighting. Beginning this Thursday, CAPCOM’s Street Fighter, one of the world’s greatest pop culture phenomenons, teams up with LittleBigPlanet to bring you brand new Street Fighter costumes made especially for your Sackboys and Sackgirls.

Now is your chance to be geared up and ready to go toe-to-toe with anyone who stands in your way with Ryu, Chun-Li, Guile and Zangief costumes that will be available at the PlayStation Store.

RyuFront ChunLiFront

GuilePerspective ZangiefFront

For all you fans who want to add to your growing costume collection, each costume will be available for $1.99. OR you can purchase ALL 4 COSTUMES for $5.99 in our Street Fighter Costume Pack.

LittleBigPlanet_AddOn-StreetFighterCostumePack_thumb_US

Oh, and that’s not all for this week in costumes. Check back here again on Wednesday to see what else we have “in-store” for you.

Til next time…’keep it on the DL’

PAGE 1 2 3

+ lakaihigh on December 9th, 2008 at 7:40 am said:

very awesome guys! theres no such thing as a free lunch but i will be buying these. probably the 4 pack. gotta catch em all! <<< JK that was BADD. wonder what else you have ‘in store’ for us?

peace,
Lh

+ Letters2Kay on December 9th, 2008 at 7:49 am said:

I can’t wait! These costumes are THE BEST LBP COSTUMES EVER!

…except maybe for my Teenage Mutant Ninja Sackboy! I made a level that gives away the stickers you can use to create your own TMNSackboy, just search for the level called:

“Teenage Mutant Ninja Sackboy COSTUME PIECES!”

And play my “Sackgirl in Wonderland: Down the Rabbit Hole” level, while you’re at it!

+ AwRy108 on December 9th, 2008 at 8:14 am said:

Crud, it looks like I won’t be able to pass this one up. Damn you, SONY! :-)

+ Delriach on December 9th, 2008 at 8:18 am said:

Swooot. I’m buying this as soon as it’s out.

+ Jedi_webslinger on December 9th, 2008 at 8:31 am said:

Cool… when the Star wars costumes for LBP ;)

+ IceCold on December 9th, 2008 at 8:33 am said:

Hold on, if you have Ryu you MUST have Ken!!!! There are the two original SF characters.

+ zeke2040 on December 9th, 2008 at 8:37 am said:

oh my god, i’m so happy for this… thanks peeps.. i can’t wait to download this stuff… any word on the killzone 2 costumes for LBP?

+ Voozi on December 9th, 2008 at 8:39 am said:

Ryu’s cuteness that you have brought forth in sackboy form is tempting BUT the only sackboy costume I think I’ll ever buy is Final Fantasy VII Cloud =D

Mark Valledor! Make it happen please ;D It’ll be one way of bringing FFVII to PS3! I mean you can’t bring Sephiroth sackboy and just not have Cloud with him D:

@ John
=P Psh you enjoy your “purchase” *cough* haha. But first you need to actually get your butt off of Capcom games and onto LittleBigPlanet to use these Street Fighter Sackboys lol. Oh and when you do, my ninja sackgirl shall challenge you to mortal combat! lol

PS: How do I change my avatar on here lol

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on December 9th, 2008 at 9:33 am said:

I\’m asking Sony for a copy of LBP today! :)

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on December 9th, 2008 at 1:45 pm said:

Guess what I got in the mail Vooz. LBP! Yay!

+ UAE79 on December 9th, 2008 at 8:49 am said:

awesome.

+ ur_not_ready on December 9th, 2008 at 9:00 am said:

Chun li looks awsome.

Also with just a red and yellow sticker,i can turn Ryu into Ken.

(for those of you crying about there being no Ken….creativity….get some)

Bonus.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on December 9th, 2008 at 9:04 am said:

I love SF, but they are expensive. $0.99 would be the right price.

+ reinheart on December 9th, 2008 at 9:12 am said:

definitely getting this one for sure… want that hair for chunli and ryu and the hand parts :) hope its set to HAIR not HEAD… ><

+ psmgamer on December 9th, 2008 at 9:27 am said:

$6 is pretty cheap but I would really like to see more Street Fighter stackboy characters like Ken, Akuma, Bison, Dee Jay or maybe Mega Man characters or how about Resident Evil characters.

+ foolkiller79 on December 9th, 2008 at 9:31 am said:

Very nice. Not sure if I am willing to pay $5.99, but I will think on it.

So, are we ever getting the SF characters for PAIN?

Oh, and bring back Sackbook.com!!! It finally made the community aspect of LBP something more than just a message board.

+ cell989 on December 9th, 2008 at 9:35 am said:

NO NO NO….. WTF! Where the HELL!!!!!! is KEN?? Without KEN there is no STREET FIGHTER!!!!

I want KEN

KEN

KEN

if possible Akuma too.

+ cell989 on December 9th, 2008 at 9:47 am said:

@ur_not_ready

No you cant create KEN What about his Blond hair and red Bandana?

I would Love to see some Megaman, Marvel Characters, DC characters, Captain Commando,and Metal Gear.

+ Letters2Kay on December 9th, 2008 at 10:03 am said:

If I can create Teenage Mutant Ninja Ninja Sackboy, you can definitely use these pieces in combination with what you’ve already collected to make Ken. I can’t wait to see what I can create with the new Street Fighter pieces!

!!!MORE CAPCOM LBP COSTUMES, PLEASE!!!

Resident Evil 5 is just around the corner, you know… :)

+ Letters2Kay on December 9th, 2008 at 10:06 am said:

Whoops, “Ninja Ninja”… lol

+ davivman on December 9th, 2008 at 10:32 am said:

Oh yes, I will definately be purchasing this. Keep up the great work!

+ teh_g33k on December 9th, 2008 at 10:35 am said:

As a costume creator (see my sackboy in pictures level), the way I see it I AM getting new tools. The SF costume pieces will surely be reused in other costumes I’ll be making.

@cell989-yellow sticker=blond hair, red sticker=red headband

+ dvntsvnt on December 9th, 2008 at 10:42 am said:

Creativity, for those that are barking about no Ken Masters Sackboy. A solution was provided above. As far as a Street Fighter Costume Pack 2; definitely could see additions from the main 8 fighters, Honda, Blanka, Dhalsim and Ken and maybe even a Street Fighter Costume Boss Pack; M.Bison, Vega, Sagat and Balrog. I think it would be great, though you might want to lower the price on the Costume Pack 2, since except for Ken (and maybe Blanka) they weren’t exactly arcade fav’s.

+ dehumanizer_666 on December 9th, 2008 at 10:56 am said:

Not a street fighter fan, so i’ll pass on this.

+ DJ_DTM on December 9th, 2008 at 11:35 am said:

WICKED !!!!
wish the “WHEEL OF DOOM” didn’t kill my game,
I used to love LBP, now I just feel bitter,
the game was fun,
the glitch killed it after over a month of playing and collecting.
The levels I made are still up..

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ efong on December 9th, 2008 at 12:01 pm said:

Hang tight, DJ_DTM – rest assured that MM hasn\’t forgotten you (or more specifically, the Wheel of Doom) and is working on a fix that won\’t completely handicap your creative abilities.

Keep checking the blog for updates.

Thanks,
    -E

+ HEYFACE on December 9th, 2008 at 11:47 am said:

how about Cammy, Dhalsim, Blanka.

terrible

+ BabeBro on December 9th, 2008 at 12:14 pm said:

I will be buying this first day if release. Any chance Cammy can be added down the line?

+ EvoAnubis on December 9th, 2008 at 12:24 pm said:

*chuckles* When John gets bored, comments get responses! Yay for John’s boredom!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on December 9th, 2008 at 1:44 pm said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

+ Ajora on December 9th, 2008 at 1:20 pm said:

Maybe it’s just me…but I think these LBP costumes are going to far =/

I’ll get Sephiroth and Snake. And maybe other cool characters like that, but not this.

To each there own, right?

+ Cheesehead Dave on December 9th, 2008 at 2:15 pm said:

A question about DLC…

I have a couple sub accounts set up for my kids. If I buy a LBP costume under my account, will they have access to it as well or would I have to install it multiple times?

+ wavesln on December 9th, 2008 at 2:24 pm said:

Kratos, Snake, Nariko, Helgast any time soon?

+ Trieloth on December 9th, 2008 at 2:58 pm said:

Looks AWESOME!! I dont care how much they cost, just FEED ME!!…oh wait where’s Blanka?

+ tyboogie on December 9th, 2008 at 3:39 pm said:

First things first, please play my level, “parallax death jumpers”, cool level search parallax, and look in west africa.

Man I will definitely be buying these costumes this thursday. I know this may not be the proper forum for this, but please efong, mark valledor or somebody at MM please bring back sackbook.com. Buy the site from the guy who made it if necessary. That was one of the most creative and helpful sites. I know you guys did what you had to do for legal reasons, but this game is about “play, create, share”, which sackbook.com did. I cant tell you how many quality levels that site help me find, as well as help advertise my own, “parallax death jumpers” (shameless plug, lol). So please bring it back, and play my level.

+ AranhaHunter on December 9th, 2008 at 3:57 pm said:

They should give those to you free if you pre order Street Fighter IV.

+ Exodus_Lang on December 9th, 2008 at 4:15 pm said:

and there goes another $6…

+ I2EAPEI2_ on December 9th, 2008 at 4:22 pm said:

y not vega and akuma instead of guile zangief. we could of made dbz characters or something with akumas hair and had claws for vegas for like wolverine :(

+ NEJI64 on December 9th, 2008 at 4:33 pm said:

dont no body play with Zangief they should have made Vega for tha mask and claws…..

i wont Old Snake like they keep showing the 4 months before LBP came out. plus the dude from Final Fantasy

plus they should sale NARIKO

+ Voozi on December 9th, 2008 at 4:34 pm said:

Nice! Well next time I see you on, we must play some LittleBigPlanet and break free from our Home addiction! lol

+ the_icon on December 9th, 2008 at 4:39 pm said:

So no more free stuff?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ efong on December 9th, 2008 at 9:14 pm said:

We\’re always working on free stuff :)

Stay tuned for more updates.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on December 9th, 2008 at 4:47 pm said:

As much as I love the Street Fighter characters, I’m not going to support these overpriced costumes. If Pain can offer an actual character, not just a costume, with voice clips and unique animations for 99 cents, then there’s no way a single costume in LBP should be sold for $1.99. I think licensed costumes should be .99 or 1.50 at most, those companies are advertising their product with these things. They should be cheaper, not more expensive. I know the costumes are optional, and so I’m choosing not to purchase them.

+ hijaker77 on December 9th, 2008 at 7:17 pm said:

@138
I totally agree with you! I mean that is just too pricey. I guess since PSN has no one to compete with they can put whatever price they wish to. So basically that means I won’t be purchasing LBP costumes anymore unless they do something with the pricing.
Capiche!

+ lifeRPGs on December 10th, 2008 at 11:48 am said:

John, we are still waiting for an update from you on Bionic Commando Rearmed trophies.

+ Adamalicious on December 10th, 2008 at 1:38 pm said:

Now we just need some anime style sackboy eyes.

+ ejmesa88 on December 10th, 2008 at 3:48 pm said:

people don’t fall victim to these marketing techniques. they know how much you love street fighter, and will use that love to make money off of you. I say if they really cared so much about making gamers happy, then they could do it without trying to milk us.

+ Vincent71002 on December 10th, 2008 at 8:18 pm said:

ahh, but some of us don’t realize that these are working people. They are taking their time they could be spending on a new game to create items for the people. To give them away for free is a waste of their time when they could be making money to put food on the table. I love the update and i believe a couple bucks won’t break me down. Mm’s got my support all the way as long as they make the nerd in me happy

+ zeeZ on December 11th, 2008 at 9:25 am said:

There should be something like the “My Costumes” section for those sets, so you don’t have to find all the things that belong to one costume and save it, but just select a complete costume from a, say, “My Downloaded Costumes” section.

+ SebastianBR on December 11th, 2008 at 2:29 pm said:

Where download?, i can’t find it!

Sorry my english i am brazilian.

+ LAtheDJ on December 11th, 2008 at 5:32 pm said:

Hmm… I think the PS Store finally got me.

C’mon, how cool is a Ryu sackboy?

+ ajea on December 13th, 2008 at 10:51 am said:

hi all why cant i see the download….is it still not update at singapore playstation store??

PAGE 1 2 3