GTAV PS4

LittleBigPlanet Weekly Download Update – Santa Edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Dec 10, 2008 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

To help spread a little holiday cheer all the LittleBigPlanet players out there, we are giving a new Santa Outfit on the PlayStation Store starting tomorrow! Now all you LBP fans out there can jingle your way through the holidays in style. The suit will be given away across two release waves over the next couple of weeks.

LittleBigPlanet Add On- Santa Pants Costume_thumb_US

The fun start tomorrow (12/11/08), where we will be giving the Santa coat and a set of trousers for all you SackBoys and SackGirls.

LBP Santa

And next week on 12/18/08, you can complete your outfit with a Santa hat and beard that will be available for FREE as well! (But note, the outfit will only be available till January 8th so be sure to download it before then!)

With this outfit on top of the cool Street Fighter gear we just released, Sack people will certainly be fitted. But the holiday cheer doesn’t end here. For those festive fanatics who are definitely feeling very merry and bright, we have more “in store” for you throughout the rest of the month. So, continue checking back in for updates on upcoming LBP DLC!

On a different note, we are teaming up with our friends from IFC (Independent Film Channel) for a “Play. Create. Share. Short film challenge”!

Visit the LittleBigWorkshop for more details!

PAGE 1 2

+ XxBigP123xX on December 10th, 2008 at 1:01 pm said:

You guys are awesome.

+ Ajora on December 10th, 2008 at 1:04 pm said:

Nice!
I can’t belive how come LBP isn’t selling as well… :( I did my part, but I can’t understand why everyone can’t see that this game rules!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ efong on December 10th, 2008 at 2:14 pm said:

All I know is that my local Target and Best Buy are sold out :)

+ darkwing_uop on December 10th, 2008 at 1:06 pm said:

This is just perfect!!!!

+ big_hawk97 on December 10th, 2008 at 1:06 pm said:

Thats some fantastic stuff.

+ ftwrthtx on December 10th, 2008 at 1:11 pm said:

Very cool stuff

+ reinheart on December 10th, 2008 at 1:12 pm said:

nice :)

+ teb_60 on December 10th, 2008 at 1:12 pm said:

The game isn’t selling yet, for the reason of the season. If i’m not the only gamer doing this, get most of the games you want the most for Xmas; i’m just making sure once i get the game all my friends will have it as well or should have it….. :)

+ Letters2Kay on December 10th, 2008 at 1:13 pm said:

Awesome! Thanks, MM :)

Play my levels! I worked hard on them…

“Sackgirl in Wonderland: Down the Rabbit Hole”

“Teenage Mutant Ninja Sackboy COSTUME PIECES!”

Enjoy! :)

+ mendezgato on December 10th, 2008 at 1:15 pm said:

nice i’m really going to enjoy this one ps i’m all over this chalenge

+ lifeRPGs on December 10th, 2008 at 1:17 pm said:

LittleBigPlanet Playstation Home space for when?

+ gmk218 on December 10th, 2008 at 1:26 pm said:

SWEET NEED MORE FREE STUFF KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

+ fed315 on December 10th, 2008 at 1:27 pm said:

cool thanks 4 the hard work and happy holiday to ur team and family

+ StalkingSilence on December 10th, 2008 at 1:27 pm said:

NOICE! Looking forward to some Christmas-themed levels.

+ drdre74 on December 10th, 2008 at 1:29 pm said:

Guess I’ll just wait until next week and download both at the same time. Why are you guy’s splitting up the outfit? Have you guys ever thought about doing something with say Marvel comics? I’d love to have a Wolverine sackboy or Captain America or Iron Man sackboys. lol Just a thought since there is a Wolverine movie coming out next year.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ efong on December 10th, 2008 at 2:21 pm said:

That would be very cool. I\’ll make sure to pass along the suggestion :)

Thanks,
    -E

+ GGCAN on December 10th, 2008 at 1:30 pm said:

Thanks Mark, appreciated.

+ StalkingSilence on December 10th, 2008 at 1:30 pm said:

Part of me has to wonder why you are splitting up the content? Is it so you can say that “X” number of items have been downloaded off the PSN? It would make it seem like more e-commerce is going on. And it’s fun for the users to have limited release stuff, so good for everyone. But – I’m curious if there was more to it than that.

After all, I don’t want people to start releasing DLC like this for other games – e.g., download the new SingStar songs where you’ll get the first half of the song this week and the second half next week! Collector’s item!!

+ depward on December 10th, 2008 at 1:35 pm said:

That is awesome. So sweet!

+ WHAT on December 10th, 2008 at 1:36 pm said:

@ #2
How do you know?

GameStop will offer you $30 for the game. Every game this holiday has been cut to $25 and under except this title. Games that don’t sell well don’t get that type of dollar return especially after a month. If a game has a high trade-in value you might get a revolving door effect.

+ Thwip on December 10th, 2008 at 1:40 pm said:

@16

Likely they have them split up to ensure they get you back on the PSN Store the following week.

Thanx for the “Free” DLC!

+ Scodo_Thope on December 10th, 2008 at 1:48 pm said:

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Merry Sackmas to all!

:P

+ jorellano on December 10th, 2008 at 1:52 pm said:

It’s awesome that we’re getting “Father Christmas” as an addition to one of the best video games EVER, here in the States. =)

+ photomaster94 on December 10th, 2008 at 2:06 pm said:

keep on supporting your great game MM!!! i love the constant content that is free and not free. could we get some of the submitted costumes for challenge 003 that did not win? i really liked some of the us ones

+ ASyntheticChaos on December 10th, 2008 at 2:12 pm said:

Nice, I wish we could have some reindeer antlers though. That would be pretty cool. And for New Years, some 2009 glasses and a party cone hat would be cool.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ efong on December 10th, 2008 at 2:23 pm said:

Lol, 2009 glasses, I like that :)

-E

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on December 10th, 2008 at 2:16 pm said:

Thank you MM!

Will you guys ever add IN-GAME XMB MUSIC as an option? I play LBP so much even though it has great music I wish we could LISTEN to our own music… Please…

+ squirrel448 on December 10th, 2008 at 2:17 pm said:

I notice there’s a bit of a rosy blush to the cheeks– will this be part of the beard update, or is it just some photoshopping that won’t be available in the release candidate?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on December 10th, 2008 at 2:27 pm said:

Find out next week. :)

+ darkiewonder on December 10th, 2008 at 2:29 pm said:

Ugh. i want this but i can’t because I sent off my ps3 to be fixed and it won’t be here in time ;(

+ MariusElijah on December 10th, 2008 at 2:31 pm said:

Love the DLC but levels that go with them would be nice too $$

+ iluvps3 on December 10th, 2008 at 2:32 pm said:

Media Molecule.

Please fix the glitch with the constantly dying sackboy. I did it on accident and would hate to have to replay the whole game, not that I don’t like it.

Here’s a link to the LBP forum topic. (4th one down)

And if for some reason you can’t fix it, PLEASE respond or PM me so I can know.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ efong on December 10th, 2008 at 5:47 pm said:

I know the Molecules are on the case and hope to have a fix \”soon\”.

+ iluvps3 on December 10th, 2008 at 2:33 pm said:

BTW thanks for the free DLC. :D

+ smokey_vols on December 10th, 2008 at 2:38 pm said:

Aww so cute lol. Where is Santa’s sack of toys though?

+ scorpio on December 10th, 2008 at 2:49 pm said:

WICKED GUYS!!!!

I’m a sucked for seasonal stuff like this..My daughter will have a laugh also..

Thanks for the great support…

What a great time for gaming…

+ Dark General on December 10th, 2008 at 2:51 pm said:

I love IFC. Can’t wait to see what you guys have in store for teaming up with them.

+ Spiderman1985 on December 10th, 2008 at 3:06 pm said:

You should have sackboy costumes for the team that whens the NBA finals this next year and the Superbowl. Other sports too. That would be sweet!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ efong on December 10th, 2008 at 5:49 pm said:

Well, unfortunately, the NBA and NFL have very specific contracts, but we\’ll see what we can do :)

Thanks,
    -E

+ Enforcer_X on December 10th, 2008 at 3:11 pm said:

Why on earth would this get split up?
Is it to make us come back to the PSN Store in the hopes of some impulse buys?

Can we have the whole thing tomorrow if we pay? I will totally pay $1.99 to have it all tomorrow.

+ Debo2U on December 10th, 2008 at 3:24 pm said:

Sweet.
I love LBP.
I wish Home and every other game was like LBP.
Or should I say, does some of the cool things LBP does. Like show not just the name of the game I’m playing but also the level. Or my favorite feature, the use of other PSN IDs together in one game.
Anyway, Happy holidays

+ EvoAnubis on December 10th, 2008 at 3:27 pm said:

WANT!!!

+ ejmesa88 on December 10th, 2008 at 3:40 pm said:

how do you download it?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ efong on December 10th, 2008 at 5:51 pm said:

Go to the PSN store front tomorrow and look for LBP add on DLC. We\’re working on a more user friendly way of getting DLC, so keep checking the blog for updates :)

Thanks,
    -E

+ Vonbane on December 10th, 2008 at 3:58 pm said:

Are you guys trying to beef up Sony’s download numbers? I like the costume and all, but splitting one costume up into 2 downloads seems kind of silly. I’m sure the hat and beard are complicated to design, but really…

+ Half_life000111 on December 10th, 2008 at 3:59 pm said:

I want the Sephiroth suit… * tear

+ Half_life000111 on December 10th, 2008 at 3:59 pm said:

@ Vonbae.. post 38…….. Sony doesn’t release download numbers so why do they need to beef it??

+ I2EAPEI2_ on December 10th, 2008 at 4:16 pm said:

man i dont want to wait till next week :( for hat gosh lol I wanted to know why you guys dont make some anime style hair ,like spike, o and by the way barely have any good sackgirl hairs no long hairs =( why?

+ Skater_Ricky on December 10th, 2008 at 4:18 pm said:

+ jbat17 on December 10th, 2008 at 4:21 pm said:

alright, more free stuff!

home, r1& r2, and lbp!

tomorrow!

+ momba0014 on December 10th, 2008 at 4:25 pm said:

Costumes are nice but I want new levels….

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ efong on December 10th, 2008 at 5:52 pm said:

I\’ve played some new levels… EPIC! All I can say is it\’s \”game changing\” in my opinion. Can\’t wait to see what everyone else thinks :)

Thanks,
    -E

+ EViD on December 10th, 2008 at 4:26 pm said:

Thanks for the gift.

+ easyaspie00 on December 10th, 2008 at 4:29 pm said:

Awesome! Thanks for the suit MM! Now, to work on my Christmas-Themed Level! :)

+ jazzyrider on December 10th, 2008 at 4:39 pm said:

Very cool! You guys should’ve done a Rudolph red nosed costume or a Grinch too.

+ acerazer1 on December 10th, 2008 at 4:59 pm said:

I love IFC, one of the few channels that actually shows great Kurosawa films. Other channels seem to think there is only Seven Samurai.

+ AceOfSpades725 on December 10th, 2008 at 5:12 pm said:

whoa! santa! haha it looks great! i’ll definitely be downloading this! :D

+ redshoepaul on December 10th, 2008 at 5:25 pm said:

This is adorable! Definitely a must download.

PAGE 1 2