Bloodborne

LittleBigPlanet Weekly Download Update – Santa Edition

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Dec 10, 2008 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

To help spread a little holiday cheer all the LittleBigPlanet players out there, we are giving a new Santa Outfit on the PlayStation Store starting tomorrow! Now all you LBP fans out there can jingle your way through the holidays in style. The suit will be given away across two release waves over the next couple of weeks.

LittleBigPlanet Add On- Santa Pants Costume_thumb_US

The fun start tomorrow (12/11/08), where we will be giving the Santa coat and a set of trousers for all you SackBoys and SackGirls.

LBP Santa

And next week on 12/18/08, you can complete your outfit with a Santa hat and beard that will be available for FREE as well! (But note, the outfit will only be available till January 8th so be sure to download it before then!)

With this outfit on top of the cool Street Fighter gear we just released, Sack people will certainly be fitted. But the holiday cheer doesn’t end here. For those festive fanatics who are definitely feeling very merry and bright, we have more “in store” for you throughout the rest of the month. So, continue checking back in for updates on upcoming LBP DLC!

On a different note, we are teaming up with our friends from IFC (Independent Film Channel) for a “Play. Create. Share. Short film challenge”!

Visit the LittleBigWorkshop for more details!

PAGE 1 2

+ Miles514 on December 10th, 2008 at 5:42 pm said:

Lol more funny stuff to do with my costume! Kratos dressed as Santa!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ efong on December 10th, 2008 at 5:53 pm said:

Lol, good idea :)

+ Aeneman on December 10th, 2008 at 6:07 pm said:

Kinda lame how you guys split up the costume. I’m guessing there will be no other free costumes in either of the two store updates that these appear. But free is free, so thanks.

+ viprdude on December 10th, 2008 at 6:20 pm said:

Please make a ROBOCOP sack person costume.

+ Fantus on December 10th, 2008 at 6:39 pm said:

Any idea when the Sephiroth and Solid Snake costumes will be out? :)

+ RADRED89 on December 10th, 2008 at 8:00 pm said:

Well, since everybody is throwing out costume requests, I might as well join the party.
MM, I hope you’re listening…
If you guys could work your magic with NAMCO, I would love to see a Klonoa costume…

+ rahstar2003 on December 10th, 2008 at 8:16 pm said:

Tell sony to advertise this game!!!!

+ AceStrike on December 10th, 2008 at 8:46 pm said:

Finally lol I’ve been waiting for this one.

+ mike0_o on December 10th, 2008 at 9:27 pm said:

thank you just wanted to know if it was going to be on sale :)
check out my levels

+ KingBroly on December 10th, 2008 at 9:45 pm said:

Here’s a question that should be addressed:

When I download one of these Sackboy costumes, Premium or not, why do I have to assemble them myself in the game? Why can’t you put some code together and say ‘these specific items go together in this person’s favorite costumes page’? I find it annoying that I have to find these pieces individually in the game, as well as guess the skin color. At least come up with a list for all this stuff SOMEWHERE if you can’t do the stuff I just mentioned.

+ Slimmer on December 10th, 2008 at 10:05 pm said:

hopefully the REST of the Street Fighter characters will released one day

+ wavesln on December 11th, 2008 at 12:24 am said:

That’s great. What would be even greater is a Christmas level to go with the costume. For a reasonable price I’m pretty sure all of us will buy it.

+ Wolf26pack on December 11th, 2008 at 1:29 am said:

Thank You MM for all the Free Content and the Continued Support for this game.

+ rp2000 on December 11th, 2008 at 3:31 am said:

Wasn’t there some God of War themed pack given away as a pre order bonus in some country? The Kratos costume PLUS some God of War level is what was advertised (I think). What happened to those and how do the rest of the world get these extra levels?

rp2000

+ grognard66 on December 11th, 2008 at 4:21 am said:

Free is good!

+ DJ_DTM on December 11th, 2008 at 7:29 am said:

Free is good, on time would also be good… today is here, santa is not :(

+ kyosuke9999 on December 11th, 2008 at 7:32 am said:

What’s the point of releasing them separate?

+ zeke2040 on December 11th, 2008 at 9:19 am said:

bless the heaven we’re getting spoil this x-mas year… you guys are the best.

+ Ghostm on December 11th, 2008 at 10:08 am said:

LOL, that’s a cheap move. Splitting the Santa suite into two DLC. Who on earth thought that was a good idea? Not cool.

+ kmac0378 on December 11th, 2008 at 10:43 am said:

Very cool and thanks for making it available for everyone. I kind of like the idea of splitting it up. It’s a great way to make the complete set feel more exclusive without charging the community for it. I would love to see this continued with more elaborate costumes. I would have a lot of fun “collecting” an entire FREE limited edition set knowing not everyone is getting it. It would make DLC seem less frustrating than it has been for this title.

+ kmac0378 on December 11th, 2008 at 10:44 am said:

@59 – I totally agree with this very valid suggestion.

+ nano0520 on December 11th, 2008 at 11:38 am said:

WHAT TIME IS THE NEW COSTUMES OF STREET FIGTERS COMING OUT…?

AND WHEN IS KILLZONE,OLD SNAKE, AND THE FINAL FANTASY COSTUMES COMING OUT

+ HardCor on December 11th, 2008 at 11:40 am said:

This must be the first time the world has seen so many GUYS getting excited about playing dress-up with their dolls. …it’s kinda funny.

+ HEYFACE on December 11th, 2008 at 12:03 pm said:

slow sony…wheres the update? need me to come push the button for you?

/sigh

+ dragonfly311 on December 11th, 2008 at 12:30 pm said:

I am not finding this in my Playstation store. Found other add ons but not this.

+ shaneosan on December 11th, 2008 at 12:50 pm said:

Sony needs an online mechandise store… I would love to get some LBP swag…

+ KainDrake on December 11th, 2008 at 4:00 pm said:

i can’t find it in the store. what’s going on?

+ the_icon on December 11th, 2008 at 7:55 pm said:

Thanks alot Sony and MM guys!

+ Mike_Ock_Is_Big on December 12th, 2008 at 12:04 am said:

anyone here on?

+ Crimsondramon on December 12th, 2008 at 8:57 am said:

Why’d ya guys have to split the downloads? Being lazy? ;P No matter, still freaking awesome.

I can’t wait for the Snake one though…I do hope it’s not JUST Snake…maybe Ocelot or Big Boss even! ^^

+ SamuraiClarke on December 12th, 2008 at 9:27 am said:

Whatever happened to those Solid Snake and that Final Fantasy costume we were told about months ago?

+ TuffyGirOcelot on December 12th, 2008 at 9:46 am said:

Ocelot *drool* yeah sounds good

+ fluffy.bunnys.rule on December 12th, 2008 at 10:40 am said:

Really like it, but Wi-Fi isn’t working properly :( Will the costume still be on the store in January?

+ alaM00 on December 13th, 2008 at 10:03 am said:

MERRY CHRISTMAS SACKBOY!!!!!!!!!!! xDDDDDDDDDD :D

+ alaM00 on December 13th, 2008 at 10:11 am said:

SACKBOY SANTA CLAUS!!!!!! LOL :)

+ nosecoaster on December 13th, 2008 at 10:45 am said:

@ #82

Yes, it’ll be available until January 8th according to the Store.

+ verdoc on December 14th, 2008 at 7:29 pm said:

they should make an issac clarke from dead space outfit but free as this is it would be fantastic btw dont forget a plasma cutter tool as a hand item

+ reapermarx88 on December 14th, 2008 at 8:37 pm said:

i would like to see a mrs.claus & some raindeer ones too

+ nano0520 on December 15th, 2008 at 1:54 pm said:

i think they shud make a marvel costume for lbp and also a tombraider

+ Agapetos on December 15th, 2008 at 4:07 pm said:

@ 87

To reapermarx88

you can make a reindeer already, just take the brown leather skin, reindeer horns and cat nose, then use the red sticker paint on the nose and you have rudolph. :D
hope that helps you :D
Cheers :D

+ eevee on December 15th, 2008 at 7:39 pm said:

LBP is an awesome game!! Does anybody know how I could get the pumpkin head add on from halloween?

+ ankit_jain_7 on December 15th, 2008 at 11:14 pm said:

Hi I am newbee,

can someone reply me how to download it on my PC
& later how to transfer to memory card

Please reply soon,,
I am keen to download it

+ jtdc on December 20th, 2008 at 11:45 pm said:

Hi guys. I have a Region2 blu-ray of LBP, we play it on a Japan console. I downloaded these Santa costumes using an Asian (HK) PSN account. How do I use these costumes? Am I experiencing cross-region compatibility issues that’s why it doesn’t appear on the costumes?

Thanks alot.

+ mclui on December 21st, 2008 at 1:40 pm said:

Hey jtdc no92

we’re havaing the exact same problem, bought game in uk using on a HKps3, downloaded the free santa suit, installed into the game folders, but suit does not appear in the poppit. Any luck with you?

PAGE 1 2