PS4-Watch_Dogs

PlayStation Home is Now Live!

Jack Buser's Avatar + Posted by Jack Buser on Dec 11, 2008 // Senior Director, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Hi PLAYSTATION 3 community,

I am so very happy to announce that PlayStation Home has now officially entered into Open Beta. Restart your PLAYSTATION 3, and you will see the PlayStation Home icon under the PlayStation Network column of the XMB. Click on the icon, and you are in.

Getting to this point has required a tremendous amount of participation, input, care, and passion from the thousands of beta testers who helped make PlayStation Home what it is today. So to all of you that have tested, from all of us on the PlayStation Home team here at Sony: “Thank You!”

For those of you that are new to PlayStation Home, be sure to plug in a USB keyboard (or pair your Bluetooth headset) and start meeting your fellow PS3 owners. And remember, even with all the spaces, rewards, items, and activities available today, what you see now is just the beginning. Home will grow, change, and evolve very quickly – and it is all based on your feedback.

This is your community, and we are listening.

940 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 19

+ PaNDaSHaT on December 11th, 2008 at 1:38 pm said:

Hopefully everything will run smoothly. Cheers to Home.

+ warezIbanez on December 11th, 2008 at 1:38 pm said:

Thank you guys for your free service. It was great to be a closed beta tester.

+ OLy on December 11th, 2008 at 1:39 pm said:

Nice :)

+ STMaraj on December 11th, 2008 at 1:41 pm said:

I keep getting some weird network error

Jack Buser's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on December 11th, 2008 at 5:11 pm said:

We are aware that some of you are experiencing network-errors. We are working to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

+ Aeneman on December 11th, 2008 at 1:41 pm said:

If you’re listening, please allow sub-accounts into Home! My 30 year old girlfriend is very unhappy.

+ PHIBALNATION on December 11th, 2008 at 1:42 pm said:

Yea I keep getting C-931 network error, guess you get what you pay for.

+ Aschx on December 11th, 2008 at 1:42 pm said:

It crashed 50,000,000 it isn’t up stable, so not everyone needs to go check it out ;)

Errors: D35 C-931 C-991 and so on

+ Engine on December 11th, 2008 at 1:43 pm said:

I keep getting:

Network Error
The connection to the server was lost
C-931

+ Violater on December 11th, 2008 at 1:43 pm said:

Congrats, I hope all works out

+ smokey_vols on December 11th, 2008 at 1:43 pm said:

Thanks Sony!

+ iokomo on December 11th, 2008 at 1:43 pm said:

Ahhh, you mean Network errors? like c-991 and c-931?
WOOT

+ warezIbanez on December 11th, 2008 at 1:43 pm said:

Oh, quick question; although I’m not sure if you’re into the technical details on this, Jack, but is the development team able to add in additional spaces in the World Map without having the client receive a software update? (aka Server-side updates via 3rd-party areas)

+ gold5225 on December 11th, 2008 at 1:44 pm said:

It’s sweet looking but i got this weird network error called C-991 and C-931

I was on for a little bit but got booted off.

+ Seri@lkiller on December 11th, 2008 at 1:44 pm said:

finaly its here.
to bad that just like everyone lese im having the same problems.

+ KIT619KAT on December 11th, 2008 at 1:44 pm said:

sick, i finsihed downloading and thanks

+ D-White on December 11th, 2008 at 1:44 pm said:

WELCOME HOME EVERYONE!

+ dehumanizer_666 on December 11th, 2008 at 1:44 pm said:

awesome, thanks for everything! the wait is now over. =)

+ Guanuma on December 11th, 2008 at 1:45 pm said:

Not working, when trying getting the C-931, C-991 and C-948 on a random basis :(.

+ BabeBro on December 11th, 2008 at 1:45 pm said:

HELP! My cousin has a sub-account is above 21 and is not allowed into HOME! All sub-accounts are being prohibited from using HOME! Sony please fix this!

+ Gen_Genocide on December 11th, 2008 at 1:45 pm said:

Cheers for home. Also any word on sub account access wife isnt happy about not being old enough. She’s 30 aint no access please fix. Beside that good job.

+ DeforMAKulizer on December 11th, 2008 at 1:45 pm said:

Some errors… But its ok!!! =D YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!!!!!!
PS3 will shine! Thanks a million Sony!
*Big Boss Salute!*

+ healyfam on December 11th, 2008 at 1:46 pm said:

We are in Utah and we keep getting that C-931 error. Has anyone found a fix for this error yet?

+ eratyptin on December 11th, 2008 at 1:46 pm said:

See everyone in Home!!

+ Pirate-King-Jing on December 11th, 2008 at 1:46 pm said:

Hey Mr. Buser, I have an issue.

Now, I am a sub account and the Master account has already agreed to the terms, I am over 13 years of age too, so, when I go to log in, it says i am not old enough to access Playstation Home! What do i do? I really wanna jump in and play too!

+ dsb2021 on December 11th, 2008 at 1:46 pm said:

yes yes yes

+ perrandy on December 11th, 2008 at 1:46 pm said:

i’m getting the error c -931 as well.i just hope that server connections improves over time.

+ pcwzrd13 on December 11th, 2008 at 1:46 pm said:

Help! I’m getting this message:

“You are not old enough to access Playstation Home”. I’m 17. I thought the open beta was 16+

+ fed315 on December 11th, 2008 at 1:46 pm said:

60 gig here im gettin a C-991 error

+ KARX on December 11th, 2008 at 1:47 pm said:

Thank You! This day have just become historical!

But here in RUSSIA we are still getting network error ” the connection with server was lost”

I hope SCEE will fix it up VERY soon! %)

+ Atoms on December 11th, 2008 at 1:47 pm said:

Congratulation to Sony! You did it ! Home is on and Popping!

+ Darkhearts on December 11th, 2008 at 1:48 pm said:

C-988….

+ mikehc69 on December 11th, 2008 at 1:49 pm said:

Where is the Warhawk game space?? I was looking forward to that the most. Hopefully you guys still plan on including it.

Please answer one way or the other!

+ poccnr on December 11th, 2008 at 1:49 pm said:

We love you Sony!

+ 40cal on December 11th, 2008 at 1:49 pm said:

@ Jack,

Just so you know I was in the closed beta, anyways I logged in about 30 minutes ago and re-downloaded my summer house and central plaza – the new look is great by the way- but I got booted out. Now when I log back in it gives me a “Connection to the server was lost” C-931.

Maybe you know what C-931 is.

Anyways welcome HOME everyone I hope it starts running smoother shortly. As soon as it dose dance party, Red Bull, and the Mall here I come.

+ Pirate-King-Jing on December 11th, 2008 at 1:50 pm said:

Well guys I found out the issue, just got off the phone with Sony, the servers are not up supposedly! Now, why get all this hype up now and not have the servers up? Just plain silly, or the lady lied to me…..

+ adamska2020 on December 11th, 2008 at 1:50 pm said:

Ok, people let’s not bust out the victory champagne just yet. I wonder if anybody in America can access this right now. Homeless another day it seems.

+ Stoffinator on December 11th, 2008 at 1:50 pm said:

Good luck signing into it. lol

+ Koroshiya on December 11th, 2008 at 1:51 pm said:

It’s a bit unstable at the moment. I got in right when it went live, but now I am trying to get back in and having a lot of problems. Hopefully you guys get this sorted out. I loved the new Central Plaza though, that little UFO game is fun.

+ Spartancloud on December 11th, 2008 at 1:51 pm said:

All i get is a C-931, and C-988 error, also i was in the original beta if that matters, but i still got the 4 in 1 update to version 1.03.0

+ dalessl1 on December 11th, 2008 at 1:51 pm said:

c-931

+ chidesd on December 11th, 2008 at 1:52 pm said:

You would think someone on sony side would comment on the error message. expecially after saying home servers are up and functional?

+ Daver on December 11th, 2008 at 1:52 pm said:

thats cool that its available for everyone now, as i beta tester i just hope that home will continue to bring things like you said that will make us come back again and again

Congratulation on launching the first part of what will become huge and hopefully very successful as an interactive and virtual world
and thank you

+ adolson on December 11th, 2008 at 1:52 pm said:

Hi Jack,

No USB keyboard for me, thanks. I’ve chosen the Sony Wireless Keypad. It’s more convenient, as it clips right onto the controller!

+ nguoixulanh on December 11th, 2008 at 1:53 pm said:

Hi. Are anyone here vietnamese?

+ NathanJ on December 11th, 2008 at 1:53 pm said:

Absolutely incredible.

The new central plaza is gorgeous with people playing the new game in the pool.

The Uncharted bar Space is very cool. Got into the locked area. The Far Cry Space is boring.

Everyone is having a blast.

Well done Sony, you have the most amazing online service ever.

+ JordanBlack68 on December 11th, 2008 at 1:54 pm said:

Some errors but going well Thank you

+ acerazer1 on December 11th, 2008 at 1:56 pm said:

Do I get to keep all my crap from the closed beta?

+ darkwing_uop on December 11th, 2008 at 1:56 pm said:

Congrats Sony! I’m in the Beta and enjoying it!

+ DawnOfAshes on December 11th, 2008 at 1:56 pm said:

home is a failure, i cant log to the home due to some “network error”

+ jorellano on December 11th, 2008 at 1:56 pm said:

Very, very nice. I’m very, highly, incredibly excited about this development! It’s 4 minutes until 4 p.m., CST, and I can’t wait until I get to go home from work at 5 to update my PS3 and start the HOME experience. Thank you guys so much for all of your thousands of hours of hard work and effort. I really hope that we users will be able to submit any bugs we find/anything else we can suggest as a development. I can’t wait – this is going to be the slowest hour for me this year, I think…

PAGE 1 2 3 19