Overwatch

Dec 11

Dec 11

PlayStation Home is Now Live!

Jack Buser's Avatar Posted by Senior Director, PlayStation Now

Hi PLAYSTATION 3 community,

I am so very happy to announce that PlayStation Home has now officially entered into Open Beta. Restart your PLAYSTATION 3, and you will see the PlayStation Home icon under the PlayStation Network column of the XMB. Click on the icon, and you are in.

Getting to this point has required a tremendous amount of participation, input, care, and passion from the thousands of beta testers who helped make PlayStation Home what it is today. So to all of you that have tested, from all of us on the PlayStation Home team here at Sony: “Thank You!”

For those of you that are new to PlayStation Home, be sure to plug in a USB keyboard (or pair your Bluetooth headset) and start meeting your fellow PS3 owners. And remember, even with all the spaces, rewards, items, and activities available today, what you see now is just the beginning. Home will grow, change, and evolve very quickly – and it is all based on your feedback.

This is your community, and we are listening.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 15 16 17 18 19

SpiritThief said:

December 11th, 11:07 pm

Sadly I find Home boring. Its like an MMO without the killing, just not as fun.

vampireanarchy89 said:

December 11th, 11:09 pm

home is great if u wanan hang out in home whit me my psn id is vampireanarchy89 i need sum girls 2 talk 2

Wuggyboobeaufuf said:

December 11th, 11:14 pm

It only took me *8* hours to finally get on….and for what…?
To find out that I have to *pay* for anything I want to add?

This is crap Sony.

This is a slap in the face to PS3 owners.

Consider me officially converted to the 360.

Congratulations Sony, you have done your best to drive away hardcore Sony fanboys like me, and it’s worked.

I give up.

buckster said:

December 11th, 11:26 pm

wuggyboobeaufuf,

Good riddance.

Mike_Ock_Is_Big said:

December 11th, 11:42 pm

hey does anyone have lbp?

nickpuerta said:

December 11th, 11:43 pm

rrrrrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaaaaddddddd this
ok i finally figured it out if you cant go to the plaza because it says you are not old enough here is what u do go to your ps3 settings go down to parental controls and then go to where it says parental control region click on that and choose argentina as your region this worked four me i hope this works for you.

nickpuerta said:

December 11th, 11:45 pm

this just worked for my friend so try it.

nickpuerta said:

December 11th, 11:47 pm

after that just walk to the door and then it will say download plaza then download it and your good to go.

nickpuerta said:

December 11th, 11:52 pm

its takes a while to download the plaza depending on your enternet.

thaddeus said:

December 11th, 11:57 pm

Wuggyboobeaufuf: good riddance. They announced several months ago that there would be charges to get new stuff, you must not be all THAT hardcore or else you would have already known that.

Psyvariar said:

December 11th, 11:59 pm

Thanks to all at Sony for the visionary release of this 3D social networking technology.

I look forward to seeing Sony continue to develop Playstation Home with new content and features.

It will provide lots of enjoyment to the millions of Playstation fans in the years to come.

kushkuman said:

December 12th, 12:05 am

SONY WHY HAVE U NOT PUT HOME IN MY REGION?I WAS LOOKING SO FORWARD TO IT AND TOLD ALL MY FRIENDS ABOUT IT,BUT NOW…PLEASE MAKE IT AVAIALABLE TO ALL REGIONS!PLS!

Zta said:

December 12th, 12:10 am

It might have been worth mentioning in the article, that the PlayStation Eye also works as a microphone. Anyway, it does! =)

Mike_Ock_Is_Big said:

December 12th, 12:10 am

anyone here have a nariko code they would like to swap for a kratos code?

DSK11 said:

December 12th, 12:11 am

how about a home amusement park, because we need more space

shinichitaicho said:

December 12th, 12:30 am

so are we going to see a trophy room anytime soon? When are we going to see a Stereo and TV in the furniture store?

Rogerjak said:

December 12th, 12:52 am

Something really annoying happens….HOME is in Spanish…I may live near spain but I am not spanish.

Is there a way to change language?!

TwitchingZebra said:

December 12th, 12:54 am

Whoo! Working allot better now :) Loving it.

Hiddenx__Shinobi said:

December 12th, 1:32 am

PEOPLE PEOPLE YOU SHOULD HAVE IT BY NOW!! ALL LISTEN TO ME!! IF YOU HAVEN’T RECEIVED IT YET JUST SIMPLY RESTART UR PS3 NOT RESTORE!!! RESTART! TURN THE POWER ON THEN OFF lol AND THE REASON THE LOG IN S HARD BECAUSE OF SO MANY PEOPLE TRYING TO GET ON ONE SERVER SO PLEASE CHILL OUT EVERYONE!

Clice said:

December 12th, 1:45 am

I have a solution on the region lock in Home.
Let everyone be logged into our own region Europe/Asia/Australia and US.
But give us the power to send an invite to our friends in other regions, which will expire after next login.
Just so that, when I want I can play with my friends from other regions, and when not needed, then not.
This way our servers will not be over loaded with other people, just a select few every now and then?

Zhang_Mei said:

December 12th, 1:46 am

Ok! Now heres a few ideas.
There should be new rooms,The stuff like furniture should be FREE,Did i say new rooms ?

HaVoK_08 said:

December 12th, 1:58 am

I’m officialy sick of all the nay-saying whiners and complainers. I paid not a single dime on Home and i had one of the greatest times on a gaming system ever. I laughed so incredibly hard as we played pool, played bowling and even made the ugliest charecters ever seen by human eyes dance salsa….THANK YOU SONY..there are some thing’s better than what you can buy or not, or whether your virtual APT has furniture, it’s called having fun..some of you should try it some day. Home is the future.

Dr_Conley said:

December 12th, 2:11 am

This is really interesting. I just destroyed some guy in chess. Texas hold’em poker tables would be great though! I’d love to have one at my virtual house or w/e or play at a casino of some sort. That would be amazing.

I’d like to be able to drive a car though too, gta style. But maybe thats pushing it.

d3br34k5 said:

December 12th, 2:14 am

^^ agree with you.

people should feel lucky they even get to play with a ps3… though with the failed auto bailout package, i have a feeling some of these whining, gimme-everything-now-and-free punks will be leaving the PSN because their old man’s gonna have to sell the ps3 to pay the hydro bill this month.

whitegoat_1130 said:

December 12th, 3:03 am

it said that home is now launched in all regions. is that true? because i am still not even getting the home icon on my XMB.

Wild_Man_X said:

December 12th, 3:32 am

What happened to the TV and picture frame that we saw when Phil Harrison demoed Home?

TinkerGuru said:

December 12th, 3:52 am

Seems pretty pathetic that it’s this bad…

LeoMindfreak08 said:

December 12th, 4:10 am

People, this is just the beginning… the hard work to put Home BETA to everybody is gone… from here the news come more and more quickly. Just try to see the potential of this amasing aplication !..and it’s free !!. like in real life: if you want to buy a lamp, do it… if don’t nobody force you… relaz..and enjoy …

BlackRabbit said:

December 12th, 4:31 am

Guess you can’t go Home for a first time, let alone Again.

MurderPrincessK said:

December 12th, 4:32 am

Thanks for my new HOME Sony…. I had fun and wasted tons of time. Really looking forward to some of the features like music and picture frames and even tvs…. If anyone has purchased a club could you let me know if importing music to it is already possible? If not i’m going to wait.

Other than that some ideas.. cards would be awesome, along with air hockey and fuseball tables.

Dominus48 said:

December 12th, 4:33 am

Ok Playstation Home Beta is out its wicked its hip its cool …xD Now get us more content on it lol(Yes i know its day 2 barely and yes they need time to get everything sorted out ) i just think i should say something other than blast sony like so many other …….*coughs idiots Cough*anyway considering yesterdays fiasco i think sony did pretty good considering this is a beta and that thinking everything is gonna go great on Beta launch and it ACTUALLY going great are two entirely different things so fix the servers and get me more stuff to play with on HOME and ill be a happy camper with that said see ya all in Home and Sony Rules …..PS. yes im a sony fanboy if you dont like it you can kiss my happy a** you Xbot :D peace and later all

Blargian said:

December 12th, 4:43 am

I keep getting a networking error on both my South African and American accounts. When is sony gonna befinished fixing it?

Blargian said:

December 12th, 4:47 am

Doesnt work, i’m so annoyed….i just wasted 77mb?

Nurein615 said:

December 12th, 4:50 am

idk why but it doesn’t work for me. Every time it gets to signing in then it say network error

MurderPrincessK said:

December 12th, 4:51 am

ah almost forgot will it ever be night time inside Home…. It would be cool if there was night and day, everything working on a 24 hour clock just like the real world… and of course region specific…. again Bravo Sony…. who cares if i’m a fan girl.

Blargian said:

December 12th, 4:53 am

would be cool if home worked

spyderman_18 said:

December 12th, 5:05 am

next weeek theyre revealing the red bull fligh thing lol and theyre adding 2 name brand stores

chaotik716 said:

December 12th, 5:35 am

yo… home is where its at!!! i was on it 4 hours last night… just one suggestion 2 all other users… KEEP UR RACIST SEXIST COMMENTS OUT!!! And… can u guys all calm down on the ladies too, i got homegirls who complained bout mad dudes buggin em last night… but anyways… HOME IS THE [DELETED]

BStreakX said:

December 12th, 5:49 am

Okay, I tried it, and I still don’t get what all the fuss is about. I’ll try to be constructive:
– I could not create a good Asian-looking avatar.
– No clothes based on game characters? Why can’t I dress as Kratos, for example?
– Why is the avatar’s default face expression so serious looking? A smile would be nice.
– Emoting is inconvenient. I think LittleBigPlanet did it better by mapping face expression and body language directly to the D-pad.
– No spaces themed after LittleBigPlanet or MetalGearSolid? What about the very pretty Mirror’s Edge?
– What happened to trophies? I think we should have a trophy case in our personal space.
– Carriage Return? The in-game mini-games are lame. The best mini-game was furniture stacking.
– Overall, the style is just too bland looking. It’s too serious, too realistic, and not distinctively recognizable.

guitarman75 said:

December 12th, 5:54 am

Just like everyone else I had my share of network errors while trying to get in but once I was in everything seemed to have run fine. There really wasn’t a whole lot to do but I recognize this is a BETA release. Some people apparently don’t seem to know what is meant by BETA.
Anyway one bit of constructive criticism I want to offer is that it would be nice to be able to find someone you are specifically looking for. A few times I had jumped directly to someone on my friends list and when I was there, there were so many people around is was hard to see the one person I was looking for.

YunaPR said:

December 12th, 5:56 am

HOME is Amazing! and this is just the beggining however they still trying to fix the network problem. Puerto Rico in Online!

controllingchaos said:

December 12th, 5:56 am

PS3 HOME should have a lot more FREE things to pick up rather then to make everyone pay real money for items.

The environments are well done, but again there needs to be a lot more places to go and see. Hopefully HOME will take off quickly. Kool concept, yet lacking free stuff for the avatar and living spaces.

KraZe_47 said:

December 12th, 5:59 am

Sony thank you for HOME!!! I finally made a friend worth adding to the friends list which has been empty since I bought my PS3 on September ’08. Thank You.

Balancedwg said:

December 12th, 5:59 am

Second day, still having problems signing on. The error message I get says:

Server Error

Session has timed out or does not exist

:-603

GGCAN said:

December 12th, 6:13 am

Here we go with the complaints about Home.

I’m happy that it’s out before the end of 2008.

Also people, it’s LIVE BETA….Beta is still test, but everyone is invited so you have to remember there will be problems that still have to be identified.

As for posting about Home being down….I would rather have the techs working on the problem than taking time to post and delaying getting Home up.

Remember, this was day one for the public Beta, so there are bound to be problems.

I know I got in later in the evening and all was not too bad at all.
You should have seen it back a few months ago…pretty much all of those problems have been identified and fixed.

Give Sony a chance, as they have said it’s ever evolving and new stuff will appear.

People complaining about costs…..how many of you are purchasing the add on to games or costumes for LBP…those are all small fees as well and some are free, so there’s really no difference here with Home.

I like what I see now, but am expecting to see a lot of major changes in the coming months and years for Home and I’m giving Sony that chance.

Keep up the great work Sony….I’m on your side on this one.

YunaPR said:

December 12th, 6:17 am

Yes Guys remember is just a BETA theres a long way to go for sony, but i think its running pretty smoothly for just being a simple beta, so lets see what they come up next

dalar said:

December 12th, 6:19 am

hahahahaahaha,

So I heard today about the news discussing home beta, finally here is it? – about time…. Then I remembered that I actually own a PS3, its just covered in the thick layer of dust…

Cleaned it up, downloaded latest update, downloaded home beta, go to sign in….. C931 network error….

You really can’t just get something to work can you?…. I know people will presume this as a ‘troll’ post but seriously, after not using my PS3 in a while, to come back, try home and see that it epically fails at login only summaries the incompetence of Sony… always behind…. whilst MS leads.

oxy9er said:

December 12th, 6:20 am

BETA people. Im sure that most of the things that you guys are whining for will be available when the FULL version launches. I personally thought they did a great job just getting this beta to us all and letting us experience the future of Home. The important thing is that we fill sony’s suggestion box full of all these good ideas, dont worry about complaining about them here. Anyway, I think Home will be a great success and I am glad that I will be able to make it better through my suggestions. Anybody yhat wants to add me my username is “oxy9er”. Thanks Sony for letting us, the end user, contribute.

Alphaman said:

December 12th, 6:33 am

I’ve read a lot (not all) of the 800+ comments here, but haven’t seen mention of one problem.

I — and a couple other guys over on the PSforums — STILL don’t have the Home icon on our XMB. I’ve been reading stuff on this blog and the forums for 2 days now, and I’ve tried a LOT of troubleshooting tips. I’ve rebooted my PS3 more times in the past 24 hours than in the past 2 years that I’ve owned it!

I’m running the latest firmware, I’m successfully signing into the PSN, and I’ve got no active downloads. Still, no Home in the XMB.

I’ve started a new thread on the Home forum with a better subject than the lame “Help me please” that I originally replied to.

Not all is shiny in the shiny new beta… :(

GGCAN said:

December 12th, 6:44 am

@847 – dalar.

If you like mini Miis on the 360 and having a console always in the shop…go for it.

I’d rather have an virtual world that more truly looks like the real world.

As I mentioned it’s Beta and having had to test applications and such in my real life job, I really don’t see that much of a problem with Home.

I did have a problem logging in yesterday, sure, but that’s to be expected in Home….it’s much much better than a few months back and I’m sure ongoing with Sony monitoring everything…we’ll be fine.

I’d rather Sony take their time on stuff than put out a product that nearly 50 % of the product has a failure.

PAGE 1 15 16 17 18 19