PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Home is Now Live!

Jack Buser's Avatar + Posted by Jack Buser on Dec 11, 2008 // Senior Director, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Hi PLAYSTATION 3 community,

I am so very happy to announce that PlayStation Home has now officially entered into Open Beta. Restart your PLAYSTATION 3, and you will see the PlayStation Home icon under the PlayStation Network column of the XMB. Click on the icon, and you are in.

Getting to this point has required a tremendous amount of participation, input, care, and passion from the thousands of beta testers who helped make PlayStation Home what it is today. So to all of you that have tested, from all of us on the PlayStation Home team here at Sony: “Thank You!”

For those of you that are new to PlayStation Home, be sure to plug in a USB keyboard (or pair your Bluetooth headset) and start meeting your fellow PS3 owners. And remember, even with all the spaces, rewards, items, and activities available today, what you see now is just the beginning. Home will grow, change, and evolve very quickly – and it is all based on your feedback.

This is your community, and we are listening.

940 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 4 19

+ ftwrthtx on December 11th, 2008 at 1:56 pm said:

Live but slow and buggy as hell.

+ C-h-a-o-s on December 11th, 2008 at 1:57 pm said:

I was in the closed beta and I demand more than a simple thank you, perhap a statue in my honor would be suffice :).

+ DudeFX on December 11th, 2008 at 1:57 pm said:

Cool but too bad there was no special beta incentive like a special shirt or item to identify you were a closed beta tester. It’s been fun and glad it’s finally open to all now.

+ thefjk on December 11th, 2008 at 1:58 pm said:

I’ve always seen Sony as a hardware company, so the software side of things usually messes up… I hope Home evolves into a great app that’ll match up to the quality of the hardware.

Good luck, and thank you for all the hard work… we’ll get there!

+ matheaks on December 11th, 2008 at 1:58 pm said:

I AM DOWNLOADING IT RIGHT NOW ITS AMAZING

I got into the closed beta before, but my ps3 crashed, and I reset the whole thing. Luckily it was today, the day Home is open for everyone!!

I love Sony!

+ StalkingSilence on December 11th, 2008 at 1:58 pm said:

Can’t wait to try it when I get home tomorrow!

+ teb_60 on December 11th, 2008 at 1:58 pm said:

People please, listen to the man as much as we want him to listen to us. He just said its and open BETA which means they will still have some features that may be messed up but the application itself is ready for everyone to do a trial period with pretty much…… I hope those of us that understand and comprehend languages well; will go into home with an open mind and ready to dish out some good advice for improvement within the HOME application… C U guys there… :)

+ Year_Zero_Death_Dealer on December 11th, 2008 at 1:59 pm said:

not getting any crazy error code anymore… getting /HUBPS3_SVML/Unity/Start.jsp “request timed out”

+ oneangrymob464 on December 11th, 2008 at 1:59 pm said:

me and 3 of my friends can’t get into home. there has been a recurring server error for all of us. i’ll try again in an hour, but this is really disappointing.

+ liquidotacon88 on December 11th, 2008 at 1:59 pm said:

yeah, c-931 error too! Jack?

+ jakinov on December 11th, 2008 at 1:59 pm said:

All we need know is Cross game inviting and voice messaging.

+ F3aturePreacher on December 11th, 2008 at 1:59 pm said:

Request timed outs here. Specifically, I’m guessing with all the people having trouble logging in means that 6pm EST party is postponed.

+ surfer32 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:00 pm said:

I keep getting:

Network Error
The connection to the server was lost
C-931, and c-991 and c-988

come on sony I want to go home!

+ ctg867 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:01 pm said:

Ugh. This thing sucks. There’s nothing to do, no free content, and it’s just really annoying to even move around. I really hope they completely revamp this entire thing and give me something fun to do. What a disappointment.

+ badboy209 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:01 pm said:

i keep getting a C-931 error what’s up

+ PSYCHO-MAGNET on December 11th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

GOOD LUCK

+ Maverick_fox on December 11th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

Thank you!!

+ F3aturePreacher on December 11th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

Request timed out

/HUBPS3_SVML/home/homeEnterWorld.jsp.

This all goes to show that they should have handed out more beta invites so they wouldn’t have more people entering than the system could handle.

+ r0bbyc on December 11th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

I was able to download HOME around 3pm centeral time. After several attempts I managed to log in and create a basic character and move around my Sea side appartment. While looking over the menu’s in the start button I chose an option to check HOME updates or postings of some kind. Upon selecting that the WWW icon poped up in the top right corner and I was frozen for several minutes. I decided to hit the PS button on my controler and quit HOME. Now every time I try to log back in I am getting the same C-988 or C-932 errors everyone else is getting.

Is my avatar stuck as a ghost to the server and showing me as already loged in?

That use to be a problem in Second Life during its beta years.

+ samoon on December 11th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

oo please fix the sub account issue!

i’m 15 and it won’t let me in!!

+ jbat17 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

haha.. it’s broken

+ gmk218 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

not keep getting network error comeon put in more servers

+ Lieutenant on December 11th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

Sure, Home is live… but the servers? Not so much.

+ F3aturePreacher on December 11th, 2008 at 2:03 pm said:

For everyone getting the c-931 error, see what happens when you restart the ps3, and then try to get into HOME.

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on December 11th, 2008 at 2:04 pm said:

Won’t connect for me.

Home isn’t live yet. Kind of undead.

Now that Sony is finally no longer distracted by Home, can we finally get

A) more exclusive games?
B) more interesting, quirky games like Incredible Crisis and Mister Mosquito?
C) More RPGs?

Thanks.

+ hothead626 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:04 pm said:

/HUBPS3_SVML/home/homeEnterWorld.jsp

+ Keith K on December 11th, 2008 at 2:04 pm said:

Is there a limited number of games applicable with Game Launching? I can see Warhawk on my list.

To the people experience errors; Just keep stressing it. Try again, try again, try again. If they lose a few servers, they were never meant to be.

+ shaneosan on December 11th, 2008 at 2:06 pm said:

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Home. Thanks Sony for inviting me to the closed beta. I look forward to watching this whole enviroment grow and grow.

+ TheInfectedBy590 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:06 pm said:

I can’t connect! Keep getting connection errors! also wtf is /HUBPS3_SVML/unity/start.jsp I keep getting that message! :(

+ ThomasAnthony on December 11th, 2008 at 2:06 pm said:

User generated content should be a must. Let us make our own things, script our characters.

Even a 50$ dev kit we can download would work, allowing us to make money just like SecondLife. Without the user generated content, SecondLife would be nothing.

+ HEYFACE on December 11th, 2008 at 2:07 pm said:

still not seeing the store updates…i wanna spend money on things

+ LAtheDJ on December 11th, 2008 at 2:07 pm said:

I waited so long…

And now there’s errors.

Hm. Well, at least I have plenty in my Netflix queue on XBL.

DISCLAIMER: This is no endorsement of XBL over PSN. I’m just bored.

+ zookey on December 11th, 2008 at 2:08 pm said:

WELCOME HOME EVERYONE!!!!

SONY: I know, not totally related, but can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE develop something similar to XNA for the PS3? Even if it is within HOME and has some limitations—there is a lot of indie devs (myself included) who would like to make 3D demos of games so we can pitch them to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ daLa on December 11th, 2008 at 2:08 pm said:

[DELETED]! still not able to get in, why would they say it’s live if it’s not.

+ Enigma777 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:08 pm said:

I’m the guy running around screaming: I have no keyboard!

Home is fun…

+ ThomasAnthony on December 11th, 2008 at 2:08 pm said:

@75:
There are alot of exclusive games. Lets go with whats coming:
Killzone 2
Uncharted 2
God Of War 3
Twisted Metal PS3
The Agency etc.

Just look at this year:
GT5:P
MGS4
Valkyrie Chronicles
Resistance 2
LittleBigPlanet
Disgaea 3
among others..

Then cross platform games are better on PS3 since PSN is free.

+ zookey on December 11th, 2008 at 2:09 pm said:

I STRONGLY SECOND #80′s COMMENT—-USER GENERATED GAMES AND CONTENT FTW!

+ Sugartune_ on December 11th, 2008 at 2:09 pm said:

Initializing…..

Request timed out

/HUBPS3_SVML/unity/start.jsp

+ sw1tch on December 11th, 2008 at 2:09 pm said:

it’s sad that i need to go to the US home to get something new from the beta.Funny when you think home have been developped by europeen and yet again we get new stuff last so sad sony, you should remember where you sell most of your ps3…

+ Guanuma on December 11th, 2008 at 2:10 pm said:

If it helps, this is the current list of errors:

C-931

C-991

C-988

request timeout/connection error for:

/HUBPS3_SVML/account/SP_Login_Submit.jsp

/HUBPS3_svml/unity/unityNpLogin.jsp

/hubps3_svml/unity/start.jsp

+ LAtheDJ on December 11th, 2008 at 2:10 pm said:

I’ve got:

Request timed out

/HUBPS3_SVML/unity/eulaCheck.jsp

+ harlemmyke on December 11th, 2008 at 2:10 pm said:

N THE IMFAMOUS WORDS OF THE GREAT CARTMAN (SOUTH PARK) SCREW U GUYS IM GOIN HOME O NOT THE PLAYSTATION HOME BECAUSE I CANT get in Allway a new error server this code thAt i dont need atime out i need time in this damn home thing by the time i get n the party gonna be over my ps3 gonna be hot i just got it back not to long ago so sony lets get this thing goin please make it work n work rite dont make me regret buyn this keyboard i tho-ght yall saaaaaid it can connect to smart phone

+ Kamahl on December 11th, 2008 at 2:11 pm said:

i got it like a month ago, but good news anyway

+ klekamp on December 11th, 2008 at 2:11 pm said:

Server Dead!

+ jo231sh on December 11th, 2008 at 2:11 pm said:

no, thank YOU for letting me beta test. but, PLEASE update us on these errors. i was really looking forward to seeing the updates.

+ battleCat3000 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:11 pm said:

We all knew this was going to happen. It’s a shame that Sony couldn’t see it coming. I keep getting the same network errors. I’m tired man, I’ll try again next week.

+ NeoMagus on December 11th, 2008 at 2:12 pm said:

Never had a problem in closed beta, yet can’t connect today with numerous c991 and 931 errors. way to stress test those servers guys, what a let down.

+ blindrocket on December 11th, 2008 at 2:12 pm said:

SWEET. Take me HOME!

That’s pretty neat how the Home icon popped up automatically on our XMB. How’d you do that? ;)

+ hothead626 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:12 pm said:

i hope u guys will fix the errors soon, i was in HOME for a good hour, then got booted out cuz of a network error and now keept getting the request timed out stuff

+ Sickr on December 11th, 2008 at 2:12 pm said:

Wow, way to screw up Sony… How long have you guys had to prepare for the onslaught of users who’re set to download the software? All everyone seems to be getting at the moment is time-outs.

P.S I wish people rating the news would wait until they’ve successfully downloaded and entered the application before doing so.

*rant over*