PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Home is Now Live!

Jack Buser's Avatar + Posted by Jack Buser on Dec 11, 2008 // Senior Director, PlayStation Now

Hi PLAYSTATION 3 community,

I am so very happy to announce that PlayStation Home has now officially entered into Open Beta. Restart your PLAYSTATION 3, and you will see the PlayStation Home icon under the PlayStation Network column of the XMB. Click on the icon, and you are in.

Getting to this point has required a tremendous amount of participation, input, care, and passion from the thousands of beta testers who helped make PlayStation Home what it is today. So to all of you that have tested, from all of us on the PlayStation Home team here at Sony: “Thank You!”

For those of you that are new to PlayStation Home, be sure to plug in a USB keyboard (or pair your Bluetooth headset) and start meeting your fellow PS3 owners. And remember, even with all the spaces, rewards, items, and activities available today, what you see now is just the beginning. Home will grow, change, and evolve very quickly – and it is all based on your feedback.

This is your community, and we are listening.

940 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 19

+ squirrel448 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:12 pm said:

@12 warezlbanez

I’m pretty sure there’s no client update when they add spaces to the world map. I think it loads the spaces list automagically when you go to it, so it’s up to date all the time. I don’t think a client update is necessary since the download for the new space is as large as it is.

+ GIHIOST on December 11th, 2008 at 2:13 pm said:

thanks for the FAILED LAUNCH SONY!!! REAL AWESOME!!! I LOVE C-931 NETWORK ERRORS! This HOME thing works great as an ERROR CODE generator! SOMETHING I ALWAYS WANTED FOR MY PS3! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! Failures.

Ps – I WAS a PS3 fanboy… THIS is the LAST STRAW. If Im not HOME in the next hour Im selling my PS3 and buying an X-BOX! This is ridiculous!

Pss – I would never get rid of my PS3 but seriously, I will go buy a 360 and pour my funds into a system that does what its supposed to without 3 years of waiting for error codes!

+ Slayer612 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:13 pm said:

NETWORK ERROR! HOME CRASHED!

+ themule on December 11th, 2008 at 2:13 pm said:

Network error, wtf.

+ NathanJ on December 11th, 2008 at 2:14 pm said:

Poor liddle Xbots they are going nuts creating accounts in every PS3 forum on the Net trying to pretend to be PS3 owners.

What a bunch of pathetic losers.

Go back to playing with your retarded Nintendo Mii ripoff Xbots.

+ mooogoblue4 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:14 pm said:

cant get passed the initializing part…just says it timed out :(

I was so pumped for this too!

+ Slayer612 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:15 pm said:

WE WAITED A 2 YEARS FOR THIS?

+ D-Dog6247 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:16 pm said:

Why can’t I access Home is there something wrong with the servers?

+ hothead626 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:16 pm said:

me too

+ Ghostm on December 11th, 2008 at 2:16 pm said:

Someone let me know when this thing actually works!!!

What’s the word on the PSN Store update?

+ zirjacks on December 11th, 2008 at 2:17 pm said:

Okay, I have home downloaded but when I start it up when it gets to the screen saying Warning! This games accesses the HDD blah blah blah it freezes. pressing X on the controller does nothing. I can hit the PS button and quit Home but if I start it back up it sticks at the same place. Anyone else have this problem???

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on December 11th, 2008 at 2:17 pm said:

Help I can’t log in… Getting this message

/HUBPS3_SVML/unity/start.jsp

PLEASE HELP!

I was a closed beta tester and now it doesn’t work…

Anybody else get this?

=[

+ mooogoblue4 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:17 pm said:

yeah seriously. If they’re gonna make an offical day for it, y wouldnt they make sure it works first?

+ TwitchingZebra on December 11th, 2008 at 2:17 pm said:

C-991, C-931, C-988 and now Read errors … i’ll try again tomorrow :(

+ shoeonmyfoot on December 11th, 2008 at 2:18 pm said:

calm down everyone, i got the c whatever error and i exited home, turned off my ps3, counted to 10 while saying goosefraba…turned it on, loaded home and it took me to the plaza. it appears that everything is working but apartments so thats why you see that error.

+ shooter0784 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:18 pm said:

this looks like its gonna get ugly im off to watch some blu-rays

we’re still gettin some ps store stuff cuz insomniac is gonna bring out some free resistance content

+ Nuggets81 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:18 pm said:

i got to try it for like 10 minutes

+ mobiletone on December 11th, 2008 at 2:18 pm said:

ah, it’s the LBP syndrome all over again…

beta works fine, Sony blatently underestermates the
server load, it all fails.

well done SonY, i’ve just deleted my 1.03 update.

+ lifeRPGs on December 11th, 2008 at 2:19 pm said:

LIVE ? You mean it’s already down after 10 minutes only. Crashes, error codes..etc Good job sony, after 12 hour maintenance!

+ mooogoblue4 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:19 pm said:

zirjacks – make sure ur controller is assigned to controller 1

+ ephracis on December 11th, 2008 at 2:19 pm said:

Jack, you forgot to mention the fact that a lot (a very very much lot) of people are having network problems. Both in US and EU. The forums are flooded with people seeking advice after getting a number of various network errors.

I know it is to be expected but it would be nice to just mention it. Otherwise it sounds like it’s up and running smoothly. It’s not. Yet.

Congrats, though! Soon it will probably work for the most of us.

+ shooter0784 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:20 pm said:

@ 113

they can always test sofware and make sure it works that has nothing to do with anticipating the traffic which is whats wrong

the software works fine

+ spyderman_18 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:20 pm said:

i tried 2 log in and it wouldnt let me sign in i had the closed beta but my friend said that the same thing happened 2 him just wonderin wats up w that

+ caliblue15 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:21 pm said:

home is crashing..

+ shooter0784 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:21 pm said:

here comes the good old 5000 comment posts about a beta not working

im out

+ redknight4 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:22 pm said:

I getting an error about there java server page timing out.

request timed out
/HUBPS3_SVML/unity/start.jsp

I gotten this error once
started agin and seting up now

+ zirjacks on December 11th, 2008 at 2:22 pm said:

Wow, I didn’t think of that! It works now!! Thanks mooogoblue4!!!!

+ Fatal_Bullet on December 11th, 2008 at 2:23 pm said:

Lol my friend and I were joking about Home having technical problems today and it came true. Oh well, I expected this from Sony. 2+ years of development and still filled with bugs and glitches. The beta worked fine until the open beta patch was released. It seems like it was purposely put in to make us wait longer. Good strategy.

+ Coneman58 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:24 pm said:

What’s up with the network error problem? I can’t logon!!!!!! WTF

+ hothead626 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:25 pm said:

A new one! on sigining in

Session has timed out or does not exist
: -603

+ CheesePie13 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:25 pm said:

WOOOOOO! hope i dont get the error

+ Double_O_Juw on December 11th, 2008 at 2:25 pm said:

yay! now, watch all those xbox lovers come back to playstation like they never abandoned ship.

+ dmorris1129 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:27 pm said:

I keep getting connection error. Either there are too many people trying to log in or sony screwed up again….

+ GIHIOST on December 11th, 2008 at 2:28 pm said:

Yea ummmmmm YOU CANT THROW A PARTY IF NO1 CAN GET ON EITHER!!!! Is it gunna be like a dev team only party celebrating a FAILED launch?!?!?!?! And the LEAST you people could do is RESPOND to all these posts. 1 RESPONSE… thats all it takes, “servers are down, we’re working on them” would save alot of time and trouble but obviously you dont care about ur fanbase right now!

Ps – how do I change my p/w for this blog?

+ yzf600 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:28 pm said:

i’m getting

Network Error

The connection to the server was lost

Z(7, -2)

+ DJ_DTM on December 11th, 2008 at 2:28 pm said:

I want to donate music to be played for all the PS lovers and people of Home, who do I talk to??

+ yzf600 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:29 pm said:

Way to crash it when everyone on the East Coast is coming home from work Sony.

Who’s the brillant engineer behind this one?

+ Ghostm on December 11th, 2008 at 2:29 pm said:

One of the roughest release of 2008! Incredible, simply incredble!

+ scorpio on December 11th, 2008 at 2:30 pm said:

Congrats!!!!!!

I’m in the Beta and have really enjoyed it.

Best of luck with HOME.

+ yzf600 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:30 pm said:

Getting a different error now:

Response parse error

+ esksfan on December 11th, 2008 at 2:30 pm said:

sony a heads up would be much appriciated right now

+ RyoOhKi2500 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:30 pm said:

im going to play my xbox tht doesnt fail on new products JK JK sony people i dont own an xbox to dont attack me

+ Ghostm on December 11th, 2008 at 2:31 pm said:

Can you guys please update the PSN Store. I know that works without any errors. I’d like to buy Lumines Supernova.

+ Preacher on December 11th, 2008 at 2:31 pm said:

The monthly fee for the club is an EPIC FAIL. Im ok with microtransactions, but monthly fees are the wrong way.

+ JohnnyMoses on December 11th, 2008 at 2:31 pm said:

Error Error Error. I say just scrap the whole thing again and wait another year!

Store update?

+ yzf600 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:31 pm said:

The only thing that works well in Home is quitting the application…

+ bluedha on December 11th, 2008 at 2:33 pm said:

I was on home for 1.5 hrs. No problems, no errors. Loaded all locations fine. Played arcade games, pool, and bowling. Wonderful.

+ mooogoblue4 on December 11th, 2008 at 2:33 pm said:

any1 for some rock band 2?

+ WHAT on December 11th, 2008 at 2:33 pm said:

It’s loaded up in Home right now. Every time I would jump from one room to another was at max. I was in the beta and jumping off for those that haven’t got to try it out. :)

+ stewey on December 11th, 2008 at 2:34 pm said:

Great job Sony! I was in Home for awhile and the new plaza is awesome! I can’t log on now though, I keep getting a request timed out error, but I figure that’s just from the servers going from 200,000 or so people to over a million now and getting overloaded. I’ll try again later!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 19