Bloodborne

PlayStation Home Beta Update

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Dec 12, 2008 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

We are aware that some people may be experiencing difficulty in accessing the PlayStation Home beta at present. This is due to overwhelming demand for the service as people access Home for the very first time since it became Open Beta and appeared on the XMB.

While we prepare solutions to ease the problem, you may continue to experience difficulties accessing Home. We kindly ask for your patience as we work to meet the incredible demand for this revolutionary service.

367 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 8

+ lifeRPGs on December 12th, 2008 at 9:49 am said:

Good avatar there Patrick ;)
I have few questions though:

1) How come Warhawk, which is the only game i know of that can be game-launched, does not have a game space yet ?

2) What other games can be launched straightly from Home?

Thank you.

+ darkwing_uop on December 12th, 2008 at 9:50 am said:

Thanks for the update, no online launch is ever smooth

+ WretchedBass on December 12th, 2008 at 9:51 am said:

First of all, my avatar looks nothing like me, I need a beard. please help me out.

+ Renck on December 12th, 2008 at 9:51 am said:

Update is appreciated. Hopefully people will relax and realize this is a BETA.

+ Slayer612 on December 12th, 2008 at 9:52 am said:

Thank you for the update. Will SONY ever be able to fix it so that this never happens again?

PS: I am rooting for SONY to get this done as I have no doubt that they will fix the situation at hand.

+ zombiefriend on December 12th, 2008 at 9:53 am said:

even though i was part of the tests during the closed beta, im still surprised the servers havent crashed. that in itself is an amazing feat

+ LordMetzen on December 12th, 2008 at 9:54 am said:

Standard problems to something as big as Home, it was expected that we would experience lag and connection problems due to the amount of ppl trying to log in.

Thanks Sony for releasing when you said this time, and I hope all the HATERS that said they would sell their system, actually do it…

For something this big, its not a bad start, also FREE, perhaps nobody saw Live when it launched, and thats nothing compared to Home.

NXE?…we have the XMB for that, no need for new design on same console…the XMB is everywhere, My Sony Ericsson Cell, PSP, PS3…don’t need anything else.

Thanks again and c you all in home..

+ Elsa43 on December 12th, 2008 at 9:54 am said:

yeah… have to agree with giving us the Warhawk space – from the previews it seemed to actually provide a real life gaming function…. wow, imagine that!

A big thank you though! The PSN servers do seem a little more stable than previous. It used to be that when there was a big popular download like this, I couldn’t even get on PSN to play an online game. While staying connected to PSN is still a bit problematic, it’s nothing like it used to be!! A huge improvement!
(and yes, getting into Home is still difficult due to the busy servers, but at least I can use my PS3 for the purpose I bought it… playing online games!)

+ Slayer612 on December 12th, 2008 at 9:55 am said:

SONY is pre-paired for this but this being the first time every signs on, it will mess up. SONY is the best and they will get it fixed.

+ Letters2Kay on December 12th, 2008 at 9:55 am said:

I had trouble getting in yesterday afternoon, but it was fixed last night. Haven’t tried it yet today…

I spent $12 last night and there’s hardly anything to buy! Can’t wait to see more goodies and stores…

I wasn’t to fond of the male avatar, so I made a female one, as well. I was LOLing as every skeevy guy tried to get in my virtual pants- but seriously, it’s not really that funny. Calm the hormones down guys, ANYONE can create a female avatar! ;)

+ rwalrond on December 12th, 2008 at 9:55 am said:

I’ve had some trouble but once I got in, it’s pretty clear this thing is going to be big.

My only problem is that HOME now gives the Jerks out there a bigger platform to show how big a jerk they can be.

I’ve already gotten racist emails from people based on my avatar.

Sony, you need to figure out how we can protect our user name and still experience HOME the way you intended us to.

+ Letters2Kay on December 12th, 2008 at 9:56 am said:

Too.

+ LordMetzen on December 12th, 2008 at 9:56 am said:

@1 – lifeRPG – All games were ready to launch from home before the 1.0 (v9.8 closed beta and previous)but now I think they’ll try to integrate the game completely within home for you to be able to launch it.

+ rwalrond on December 12th, 2008 at 9:58 am said:

Thanks, Letters2Kay

+ Aeneman on December 12th, 2008 at 10:00 am said:

Sub-Accounts!

+ hexfix93 on December 12th, 2008 at 10:01 am said:

I like it, but please let me launch games from it. Please update it fast. 4 years of development, and this is all there is, mgs4 took 4 years and look how much was in that. I dunno, maybe i’m expecting to much.

I want it to replace my xmb for most things. but its lacking a lot of features.. I only hope they update it. It sure beats the xbox and wii stuff that is for sure..

+ Koroshiya on December 12th, 2008 at 10:05 am said:

The update is appreciated. I have no problem waiting a while for you guys to sort things out. It’s still very early and things like this happen when you roll out an application of this scale.

Most of all, thanks for keeping us informed.

+ HaVoK_08 on December 12th, 2008 at 10:06 am said:

I hope all you A-H0l3$ can read and comprehend that no service is exempt from having issues when millions of people are trying to access this new feature. It’s inconceivable to have a flawless launch, and all things considered Sony pulled it off. Good job guys!

+ rigved123 on December 12th, 2008 at 10:06 am said:

thanx playstation blog.

guys check this cool video review of Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe . it rocks-

+ Jedi_webslinger on December 12th, 2008 at 10:07 am said:

Will we see the far cry 2 space again? I liked the mini game with bullets!

+ Letters2Kay on December 12th, 2008 at 10:07 am said:

@ rwalrond

It had to be said, right? :)

+ TheZed on December 12th, 2008 at 10:08 am said:

Thanks for the update.

Remember people. This is a BETA. This is NOT the final product. If you don’t want to sully your Home experiance with server problems, graphics bugs, and missing content, then wait for Home to go Live.

If you access Home while in BETA you have to expect some problems.

+ psyXcho on December 12th, 2008 at 10:09 am said:

wow…only took you 24 hrs to mention there’s an issue…
Not really caring that there’s an issue but the fact it took you so long to post this is an insult.

+ JordanBlack68 on December 12th, 2008 at 10:12 am said:

At least they are bothering to update us.

+ IcEmAn_S6 on December 12th, 2008 at 10:20 am said:

Thanx for the update. A heads up about the parental control usage would have helped. It took me awhile to figure out! lol

+ ftwrthtx on December 12th, 2008 at 10:21 am said:

Thanks for the update

+ poisonedsodapop on December 12th, 2008 at 10:22 am said:

I totally expected this. That’s why I didn’t try to access Home. But in a way I’m glad the servers are being overloaded. The reason being is that it shows a lot of people have an interest in Home. Anyways, I might see about signing on today to check out the new additions.

+ Engine on December 12th, 2008 at 10:23 am said:

After trying all day, I was finally able to log on at about 3 am EST this morning.

+ reinheart on December 12th, 2008 at 10:24 am said:

@22 at least they are updating us on it, better than other games updates with NO information at all.

+ X820 on December 12th, 2008 at 10:25 am said:

I’ve been experiencing this difficulty since I updated my HOME to 1.02 actually. So not because of the Open Beta. And please fix the glitch where people always got stuck at the Initializing page. Thank you.

+ ChuckD on December 12th, 2008 at 10:26 am said:

Eurogamer said you guys were gonna start charging monthly fees after march of next year for clubs, is that real or what??? Because if it is, almost no one will want to own a club then. Hopefully it isn’t true, I don’t want to have to keep on shelling out money for HOME.

I don’t mind buying the clothes, but monthly fees now? Please tell me its not true!

+ slicecom on December 12th, 2008 at 10:28 am said:

Insert more Sony butt kissing here.

+ kspraydad on December 12th, 2008 at 10:28 am said:

For those of you with issue getting in with +13 subaccounts. Make sure the Master account has flagged the sub account to ‘Restrict content based on age’ YES not NO.

+ Solofire on December 12th, 2008 at 10:29 am said:

Any word on how Home has affected PS3′s browser. After installing Home and spending about 2 hours in it, I could no longer access my Hulu queue. I get the error: “Insert storage media at the save destination.”

Restarting my system doesn’t help. Has anyone else experienced similar problems since? Any solutions?

+ loadstone007 on December 12th, 2008 at 10:29 am said:

Man this is disappointing. You’re a big company, you should have thought of that earlier…

Thanks for updating.

+ mobiletone on December 12th, 2008 at 10:30 am said:

and the understatement of the year award goes to:-

“some people may be experiencing difficulty”

i thank you, come up here and accept your platinum trophy Patrick.

another classic Sony product launch completed as expected.

+ kspraydad on December 12th, 2008 at 10:30 am said:

@31…um…didn’t need Eurogamer to tell you that…go into HOME and attempt to purchase a club…it tells you clearly that this is the case.

You can still have your apartment/game launching etc etc without a clubhouse.

+ zookey on December 12th, 2008 at 10:30 am said:

My brother, who turned 19 two days ago–can’t login to home because he isn’t old enough–we can’t find anywhere on the PS3 or PlayStation.com to correct that! His is a sub account on his PS3 (he also loaded my account so he could get the games I download since both PS3′s are in the same house)—is this part of the stuff that is being fixed?

Also, I agree with what someone else said—please add more facial hair options for male avatars–the current selection is…um…akward?

+ GAME-HERO on December 12th, 2008 at 10:35 am said:

yAY! sONY TAKE ME home!

+ ruffneckc on December 12th, 2008 at 10:35 am said:

The game launching feature, really needs to be sorted. Not being able to launch any game except Warhawk, really limits the impact of meeting other PSN users and then launching together in a game.

+ devilBoy__86 on December 12th, 2008 at 10:35 am said:

aren’t we supposed to be able to play our own music, look at our own pictures, and watch our own videos? I understand that it’s a beta, but could we get at least a guess at when some of these features will be available?

+ kspraydad on December 12th, 2008 at 10:35 am said:

@38…I just addressed this in 33.

You have to go to the master account and set the subaccount to YES on the restrict content by age tab.

+ GGCAN on December 12th, 2008 at 10:36 am said:

@35 – loadstone007.

It doesn’t matter how big a company Sony is…when we’re in test, things are bound to happen and everything can’t be tested or anticipated until stuff goes out to the public and becomes live.

I work for a large company as well and believe me I don’t think I’ve seen one thing work day one ever without at least one or two gliches.

I think for the second day that Live Beta is out, what we have been given is outstanding work.

I couldn’t believe how crowded Home was last night and how well the servers did handle that load when Sony finally brought things online.

Cheers to you Sony and hope to see many more people and chat this weekend.

+ hife on December 12th, 2008 at 10:36 am said:

Thanks for the update.

Oh boy, some of you… That’s why it’s still a Beta. Sony is having to test the waters and see what needs to be tweaked.

+ Slayer612 on December 12th, 2008 at 10:37 am said:

They want us to complain, its feedback that they will fix.

+ PsychoEddie on December 12th, 2008 at 10:38 am said:

@Solofire

Sounds like you’re out of disc space.

Dear Sony,

Home is a waste of time and money. Please scrap it stat and get back to producing games.

Thank you.

+ plucero on December 12th, 2008 at 10:39 am said:

The only way you can access on a sub account is if you go to the master account and in the sub account section you turn parental to on from off, this worked for me.

+ DeforMAKulizer on December 12th, 2008 at 10:40 am said:

Thanks for the update!
Its expected with such a strong lineup of consumers hehe…
Looking forward to whats coming next!
You got some great potential here! =D
@31… Cyd over at the forums has said that you pay only once for the club and thats all…
No monthly pays nothing!

+ GGCAN on December 12th, 2008 at 10:41 am said:

@20 – Jedi_webslinger

The Farcry space is in Home now…I was at that space yesterday…as well Sulleys bar is there too, even though it was so crowded last night that you were pretty much walking through people.

+ hife on December 12th, 2008 at 10:44 am said:

Hey Kspraydad. I can’t find an option called ‘Restrict content based on age.’ I’m looking under security setting and elsewhere, but don’t see anything about age restrictions. Thanks.

PAGE 1 2 3 8