PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Home Beta Update

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Dec 12, 2008 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

We are aware that some people may be experiencing difficulty in accessing the PlayStation Home beta at present. This is due to overwhelming demand for the service as people access Home for the very first time since it became Open Beta and appeared on the XMB.

While we prepare solutions to ease the problem, you may continue to experience difficulties accessing Home. We kindly ask for your patience as we work to meet the incredible demand for this revolutionary service.

367 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8

+ Evildude on December 12th, 2008 at 12:46 pm said:

thankx Patrick i knew Sony wasn’t going to let me down!!!

+ schwaa on December 12th, 2008 at 12:47 pm said:

Add PvP!

+ Enforcer_X on December 12th, 2008 at 12:47 pm said:

My company is interested in new media ideas and I need to know a place or person I can get in contact with for Home opportunities as far as how to get a public home space, pricing, content, etc.

+ viprdude on December 12th, 2008 at 12:51 pm said:

Explain this.

2 years of development and Sony knows how many people are connecting to the PSN.

How the HELL can you still be unable to support those players? I know this service is free and all that but still…

How can you possibly not think or know that possibly everyone that is on the network could very well be inside HOME all at once. Why not prepare for that event? Instead you have it so 8 out of every 10 people get error/disconnect/cant even log on to begin with.

I hope you fix the service, in a timely manner.

+ tuuza on December 12th, 2008 at 12:57 pm said:

When servers coming normal again ???

+ Terminator_TX3 on December 12th, 2008 at 12:57 pm said:

Everyone should understand it’s a beta the whole point of it is to work out the kinks. An opened beta is no different than a closed beta besides the scale. Since it’s a free application it makes sense to have an opened beta.

+ CCSchott on December 12th, 2008 at 12:57 pm said:

PlayStation HOME is great, however, something not so great is the fact that any items bought on one account, remain on that account and don’t get put on the system. Why is that? Maybe you could change this, my brother bought several pieces of clothing, but they don’t appear on my account. They should be added to the system, rather than the account.

+ NathanJ on December 12th, 2008 at 1:06 pm said:

“When servers coming normal again ???”

It’s only the login servers that were getting overloaded yesterday – and perhaps still in some regions today.

Once you are logged in the servers are completely packed with people in every Space. No lag or disconnects.

Amazing job by Sony to pull this worldwide open beta off with 18 million PS3 owners out there.

+ tuuza on December 12th, 2008 at 1:09 pm said:

Please, Let me know when servers comes “normal” again. THX

+ aiphanes on December 12th, 2008 at 1:12 pm said:

It is amazing that the system has not crashed yet….Sony is really getting good and doing the online thing. Sure I could not log in last night but…I knew that there were millions of people trying to log into the system at the same time. But the thing most people can not get through their heads…the Playstation Home system did not crash! It stayed up. It was designed right! Kudos to Sony!

+ tuuza on December 12th, 2008 at 1:16 pm said:

You mean USAs HOME
EU crashed

+ millerdude75 on December 12th, 2008 at 1:19 pm said:

+ SaintWaldo on December 12th, 2008 at 1:20 pm said:

West coast US – Server error. Session Has Timed Out Or Does Not Exist. : -603

+ CaptainButter22 on December 12th, 2008 at 1:21 pm said:

anyone not even getting the Home icon on their XMB cause im not

+ CaptainButter22 on December 12th, 2008 at 1:24 pm said:

aanyone else not getting the Home icon on their XMB

+ jo231sh on December 12th, 2008 at 1:24 pm said:

patience it is then. thanks for the update guys.

+ Dignan on December 12th, 2008 at 1:26 pm said:

Networks/services being brought down by overcapacity isn’t exactly a new thing. It happened to Live last Christmas and that’s a paid service. Its happened with some of Amazon’s Gold Box deals. Look how many websites couldn’t handle the LBP beta-key traffic. I’m not saying that its something I like, but why would any company build a network way beyond the expected normal capacity? Sure, you’ll have issues the first few days when there’s a mad rush to get into a service, but as long as there aren’t these issues after the traffic has died down, I think most reasonable people will accept waiting it out for a short period of time.

+ DryvBy on December 12th, 2008 at 1:37 pm said:

Just put out the music and video streamer in the furniture list and I’m set.

+ psFAN4LIFE on December 12th, 2008 at 1:38 pm said:

I was HOME for 5 hours last night 10pm to 3am and it was perfect, love what you guys & gals have done. (oh i called out sick could not get up at 5:30am lol)Many of us do appreciate everything you have done, so thanks again & keep up that great work :)

+ Jer1ch0 on December 12th, 2008 at 1:41 pm said:

I really would like to see Home fix a few things that drag the service down to an annoyance:
-Videos should stream and not fully download. Going into the theater and seeing a loading screen is ridiculous
-More free options for your space off the bat. TV, stereo,etc.
-The games and bowling need to be instances. In the game room there are what 10 game machines? Pack couple of hundred people in there and everyone is getting annoyed. The games go full screen when you play so why are they not instanced?
-Make the menus more intuitive…I should have a simple locations hotbutton, and not need to scroll through the zune look alike.
-Optimize the environment so load times once areas are installed are zero. People can flash in after as long as you are there..loads should be 1-2 seconds MAX
-Every major game should have a launch lobby in home.
-Where is the trophy room? That was the best part of home I thought.

Anyway, here is hoping it evolves into something usable…as it stands Home is something I anticipated for years and it is not anywhere near an enjoyable experience.

+ triple_lei on December 12th, 2008 at 1:45 pm said:

Don’t apologize. Sony can do no wrong!!!

+ SaintWaldo on December 12th, 2008 at 1:56 pm said:

West Coast US – Now logging in OK and customizing avatar. Looks like waiting a few and trying again pays off. ;)

+ skaterricky on December 12th, 2008 at 1:59 pm said:

+ Renck on December 12th, 2008 at 2:05 pm said:

Heading Home now!

+ admak11 on December 12th, 2008 at 2:09 pm said:

Hey did anyone get this problem. After it says Initializing when logging into Home, the following error comes up “There has been a problem downloading content”.

I have redownloaded Home, and have rebooted my ps3 many times so far….. desperate, need help… Thanks!

+ admak11 on December 12th, 2008 at 2:13 pm said:

anyone out there?

+ Wheels86 on December 12th, 2008 at 2:13 pm said:

Home is simply amazing

just 1 thing I noticed in the Mall there is a store that is closed does anyone know what will be going there or is it just decoration?

+ crystalx3d on December 12th, 2008 at 2:15 pm said:

Could you please make it so that videos will play from a buffer while downloading? It stinks having to wait for the entire video to load before being able to watch it.
Also, let us launch every single online multiplayer game from within Home.

And you guys realize that on day #1 EVERYONE was logging in at the same time. From here on out, there won’t be nearly the same number of people on at the same time. Just because there was lag on launch day doesn’t mean sony isn’t prepared or has insufficient servers to run Home for a normal user load.

+ jqtaxpayer on December 12th, 2008 at 2:15 pm said:

No problem.

You kinda had to expect this was going to happen anyway, I don’t know how people are going so ape over it.

+ oneangrymob464 on December 12th, 2008 at 2:16 pm said:

thanks for the update guys, glad to know you’re working on it. home has definitely been more stable today.

+ crystalx3d on December 12th, 2008 at 2:17 pm said:

@127
It’s a secret to everyone! It’s been like that in the closed beta for as long as I’ve been in it (since version 1.0)

+ loadstone007 on December 12th, 2008 at 2:22 pm said:

@43 – GGCAN.

I agree with you, but this is no minor “glitch”. This was really something anyone with common sense would expect, and Sony didn’t. My guess is that they didn’t have enough budget to cover this load.
A glitch is the saucer pop not working, for example. This is no glitch.

+ THATPSPGUY on December 12th, 2008 at 2:24 pm said:

My Christmas is RUINED now that my PS3 HAS DIED. A little over a month out of warrenty. Can’t find receipt. ARGH what do I do?? Home crashed my PS3 last week and gave me a rebuild database option. Now it’s DEAD!

+ Da_DaDDy_08 on December 12th, 2008 at 2:27 pm said:

how come i still dont have PS HOME BETA icon under my xmb =s

+ Da_DaDDy_08 on December 12th, 2008 at 2:29 pm said:

how come i still dont have PS HOME icon under my xmd =s

+ FIREDUP918 on December 12th, 2008 at 2:31 pm said:

PEOPLE WHO ARE HATING KEEP HATING. YA’LL ARE IGNORANT. PEOPLE WHO ARE GIVING INPUT ABOUT WHAT’S WRONG ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING. SAYING OH MAN SONY CAN’T PUT OUT ANYTHING RIGHT…..MEANWHILE YOU HAVE A SONY TV, SONY PSP, SONY PLAYSTATION, SONY CYBERSHOT, MAYBE A SONY MEMORY CARD OR TWO. GROW UP MAKE SOME REAL FRIENDS AND STOP BLAMING HOME AND/OR SONY AS TO WHY YOU CAN’T MAKE FRIENDS.

+ NathanJ on December 12th, 2008 at 2:31 pm said:

Retarded Xbot:

“So yet another Sony launch falls flat on it’s face. Way to go Sony. Socom was and still is a complete disaster, now Home doesn’t work either? Well at least my Xbox 360 won’t disappoint me this holiday season.”

Love it!

Home absolutely terrifies the Xbots so much they have been flooding every PS3 forum with their sad little trolls.

50 dollars a year
Laggy P2P online gaming
Pathetically small player counts for games
And a retarded Nintendo Mii ripoff

No wonder the Xbots are terrified.

+ estrafo on December 12th, 2008 at 2:32 pm said:

Of course there are problems…. people this is a BETA!!! xD, be patient…

+ Da_DaDDy_08 on December 12th, 2008 at 2:33 pm said:

PLEASE REPLY!!!! why i dont have PS HOME icon under my xmb

+ Amir29 on December 12th, 2008 at 2:34 pm said:

I would have been surprised if Home ran smoothly the moment you guys went live. All MMO’s have issues on their first days. All you can do is inform us that you’re working on it, and you’ve more than done that with frequent blog posts and updates. Thank you so much for keeping us all informed. You guys continue to make me proud for choosing Playstation 3 over it’s competition. Keep up the great work guys!!!

+ Da_DaDDy_08 on December 12th, 2008 at 2:36 pm said:

PLEASE REPLY!!!! why i dont have PS HOME icon under my xmb??

+ HorizonShadow on December 12th, 2008 at 2:51 pm said:

there’s one thing about home’s launch that i find amusing…

NXE was released a while ago… and was highly rejected by EVERYONE =p

then home comes out, servers crash ( whooops) but it’s running fine now…

oh console wars… how i love thee

+ KidCommando on December 12th, 2008 at 2:52 pm said:

Thank you for posting about the issue. Too many problems have come and gone without an official statement in the past. I thought the point of a blog was to have a more open communication with your audience. Please continue to use it for that purpose in the furture and post in a timely manner. Silence is the worst and most insulting stance.

As for Home, I have to say congratulations on your launch of the open beta. It is nice to finally check it out for myself. The potential for great things is staggering. I can not wait to see what the future holds for this application. Thanks for always being progressive and inovative….and all for FREE in this case.

to the emos and complainers:

This is a BETA, please be happy it finally launched and get excited for the things to come. I have never seen so much [DELETED] for something that is FREE!

It will only get better from here.

+ HorizonShadow on December 12th, 2008 at 2:52 pm said:

Da_Daddy_08

what firmware are you using?

it should be under playstation network

+ Amir29 on December 12th, 2008 at 3:01 pm said:

Suggestions (If you’re reading)-

- Beards and goatees as option for avatars

- More bowling lanes, pool tables, and chess tables (or find a way for people to list themselves on a que)

- More clothing and furniture is a given, but some more free options will please many aggravated users that feel they’re getting milked for cash.

- Allow us to preview items before purchase. I would have spent some money on the summer home, but I didn’t know what it looked like. You’ll make more sales with preview options.

- Add a suggestion box within Home in each area. It would make suggestions from the community much more effective and fun.

+ bigdaddyjane on December 12th, 2008 at 3:12 pm said:

I played pool in HOME and it was pretty cool but until I can buy me a HEADSET,I can’t say if HOME is a good idea or a bad idea.

+ DaLilBeezt_23_3 on December 12th, 2008 at 3:20 pm said:

Ok, so i got it yesterday, a bit of trouble, but finally made it into Home. I gotta admit, it’s VERY good, and it has potential, but i got two mayor complains.
Before I start, Patrick, i REALLY hope you read my comment, since I think will be really important to you Home guys (you’re asking for fan support, right?)

1) First of all, the spaces are very small to me. I mean the Theater and the Mall (I mean come on, when have you seen a Mall so small?) You should really work on making them bigger.
Also, how come there are chess tables on the Mall but not on the Central Plaza?

2) This is something very important. How, seriosly, could you get the idea to make people pay real money for in-Home stuff? I mean, couldn’t you guys think a bit better?
I’ve already talked to, like, 5 people in one day, and they all told me they wouldn’t pay at ALL for anything from Home, since they could use that money to (obviously) buy REAL clothes that they can wear in the REAL world (one of them even told me that Sony could shove it up his… for having that idea).

(continue on next comment)

+ RavenX on December 12th, 2008 at 3:20 pm said:

Here in Brazil we wait for an update that allow us to log using a Brazilian PSN Account… =(

+ DaLilBeezt_23_3 on December 12th, 2008 at 3:21 pm said:

Come on, think! I’m pretty sure that NO ONE has bought anything, since it’s a very stupid idea. It’s like if the Sims 3 would charge people real money for the items they buy in-game! It’s so ridiculous.
What you should’ve done is to make virtual jobs in Home, thus letting people earn virtual money and so being able to buy items from Home.
Yeah, you might think it’s just MY opinion, but you guys will soon see that your idea won’t work at all.
Since this is just the Beta, when you release the real Home, you could do that idea of virtual jobs. As for the people dumb enough to have already bought something… Well, you could give them their cash back, or give them the exact same amount of cash they spent on Home as credit for the PlayStation Store.

So, those are my complains. I really hope you read my comment, since, like I said, it’s of much importance to you.
Thanks.

+ youngkiller25 on December 12th, 2008 at 3:29 pm said:

you guys (sony) are freakin stupid there are 14 million PS3 on the network you didn’t anticpate this Home is officailly. retarded sorry i have been waiting for 12/11/08 since its announce in ‘o7 and it just completely sucks where all all those features. i guess there in hiding like waldo. thanks for nothing sony

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 8