Far Cry 4

PS3 How To: Creating and Viewing a Photo Slideshow

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar + Posted by Kristin Neirinckx on Dec 26, 2008 // Marketing Manager, PSP

Hey everyone,

Happy Holidays! As you recover from food comas and setting up all of your shiny new toys, you might realize there is a lot you don’t know about the latest addition to your living room. So for those of you new to the PLAYSTATION 3 family (or for you old timers who want to learn more), we’ve put together a series of “How To” videos for a few of the key product features. These instructional videos take you through each feature, step by step. New videos will be posted each day next week, so you should all be experts by the end.

And we’re launching the first video right now — how to create and view a photo slideshow. So sit back, take a look and let us know how the slideshows come out!

PAGE 1 2

+ Daver on December 26th, 2008 at 6:03 am said:

private video?

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on December 26th, 2008 at 10:56 am said:

My fault. Christmas dinner food coma = private video fail. Fixed now.

+ Mana Knight on December 26th, 2008 at 6:18 am said:

Yeah, I noticed the video was private too.

IMO, PS3 how to videos sound like an excellent idea. :D

+ OneShotOswald on December 26th, 2008 at 6:18 am said:

whats the deal private videos

+ BurningChimaera on December 26th, 2008 at 6:25 am said:

C’mon, fix the private video thing.

+ Red1126 on December 26th, 2008 at 6:27 am said:

private? add me!!!

+ minestrone11 on December 26th, 2008 at 6:33 am said:

Awww, and I got so excited to see it. :(

+ Pinhead_x on December 26th, 2008 at 6:41 am said:

Food coma indeed.. Private videos on the playstation blog. LOL

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on December 26th, 2008 at 10:57 am said:

Exactly. The video was also in a food coma ;-)

+ snipeshot14 on December 26th, 2008 at 6:43 am said:

As many have already pointed out its a private video. Switch it cause i would like to see it. Cheers!

+ jazzyrider on December 26th, 2008 at 6:59 am said:

Epic fail!

+ hijaker77 on December 26th, 2008 at 7:08 am said:

Yeah Epic Fail!
I don’t care anyway cause my PS3 is up for sale!

+ Amir29 on December 26th, 2008 at 7:12 am said:

Then why click on it hijacker??

;)

+ Debo2U on December 26th, 2008 at 7:39 am said:

Selling your PS3 is an EPIC FAIL!

+ Debo2U on December 26th, 2008 at 7:41 am said:

Hey Kristin, will there be a how to video on media streaming?

+ whitedeath89 on December 26th, 2008 at 7:51 am said:

sigh like always there is ppl posting pointless things, guys you are in a ps3 forum, if you are gonna talk **** about it, at least put your mind to work a lil just a lil bit and post an interesting negative comment, not that kiddish thing omg epic fail epic fail, and if you want to sell it why are you here? why say that you are selling it? there is ebay, poor guy looking for some attention

+ umberto724 on December 26th, 2008 at 7:52 am said:

One of the biggest issues I have with the PS3 is the inability to do random photo slideshows. I don’t know of any other photo viewing software that doesn’t have a random feature. And the response to create your own playlist as a work-around is a poor work-around, not only because you’re limited in the number of photos you can add to a playlist, but again, there’s NO random feature even for the playlist. Sony should fix this with a firmware update… It’s really frustrating that I have to use my Wii for slideshows when all my photos are already on the PS3. Sony’s what’s up with this?

+ yunier91 on December 26th, 2008 at 7:56 am said:

video is on private

+ Kev-o on December 26th, 2008 at 7:57 am said:

The video is set to private, this setting is on youtube.com all you have to do is edit the video, then change it from private to public then we all at the blog can see.

+ psFAN4LIFE on December 26th, 2008 at 8:08 am said:

WOW that was the best video i ever saw in my entire life, great job!? Oh wait NO VIDEO!!!!! I’m going to post a video for you on “how to post on youtube” lol. (all in good fun)

+ theownerz on December 26th, 2008 at 8:26 am said:

lmao private lol oh boy lol this is funny

+ ftwrthtx on December 26th, 2008 at 8:48 am said:

Will someone be sending out friend requests so that we may actually view the video?

Thanks

+ urbandevill on December 26th, 2008 at 9:00 am said:

Video Does not work… boring.

+ Coolwater on December 26th, 2008 at 9:01 am said:

FIX THE VIDEO ACCESS SONY!!!

+ KazeEternal on December 26th, 2008 at 9:19 am said:

Kristin, PS2 Emulator? When?

+ rothrigousa on December 26th, 2008 at 9:27 am said:

i would like to export a slideshow, to share with others

+ yofa on December 26th, 2008 at 9:35 am said:

it’s amateur hour on the playstation blog!

+ Cursetheman on December 26th, 2008 at 9:46 am said:

haha, Ummmm yeah….. you should have just stuck with your normal video host….

+ megaglow_z on December 26th, 2008 at 9:48 am said:

Being a little older, i generally stay away from saying this….
But…..
FAIL.

+ CrimsonFox13 on December 26th, 2008 at 10:09 am said:

Oh, hey! It works!!

Alright!!

+ jcasanova on December 26th, 2008 at 10:11 am said:

I’d like to see a “how to” video on how to backup downloaded games, game saves, and stuff. Can downloaded stuff be stored on your PC??

+ saintfighteraqua on December 26th, 2008 at 10:27 am said:

This kind of thing is nice and all, but what we really want is news on PS2 emulation (backwards compatibility)I have a 60gb, so I’m fine, but it would help the sales to get bc again.
Also, thanks for making these vids!
The losers who only post here to say they hate Sony and are selling their systems are really sad to waste their time then by hanging around Sony blogs.

+ shayde1014 on December 26th, 2008 at 10:46 am said:

I think that the only reason they took out the PS2 Emulator is because they needed to lower the price for the PS3′s to become competitive….If they put the Emulator back in, the price would go up….

+ C-h-a-o-s on December 26th, 2008 at 10:49 am said:

Why do people love to point out what’s already been pointed out. Is there a need for sarcasm about the private video, as they say accidents happen.

Also a how to on creating a new user (I see a lot of these posts on forums) and as mentioned in #29′s post a how to on backing up your data is a must for all new users. I am not sure if i’ve seen any of your posts Kristin Neirinckx so i’ll just give you a friendly Welcome either way.

Other How to’s:
Pairing devices such as mice, keyboards, and bluetooths.

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on December 26th, 2008 at 10:59 am said:

Apologies, all. The video is fixed, and the rest are all set to go for next week. Sorry for the delay!

+ joostin on December 26th, 2008 at 11:21 am said:

Hi Chris,

I was just wondering if these will be available via the pstore?

My parents use their PS3 (yes my 60 yo parents have a ps3) for viewing slideshows with a music playlist in the bacground, but they make me set it up everytime. It would be nice if they could get the tutorials saved to the HDD for easy viewing.

Hope this happens.

Thanks.

+ Jayceon_Kidd on December 26th, 2008 at 11:29 am said:

Youtube Video!! not on my ps blog!

+ iokomo on December 26th, 2008 at 11:57 am said:

Wooot! I love it! Thanks for the tip!!

+ skaterricky on December 26th, 2008 at 12:01 pm said:

Chris, I have a Question Its about to do with Remote play. I’m a Veteran at my PS3 and know every feature inside and out.

Just one thing I cant seem to Figure out. I know you haven’t put up a post about Remote Play yet. But you will coming up next week or so.

Anyways I’m Connecting Remotely with my PSP to my PS3 using [Internet Connection]

I have a Motorola Surfboard SB5100 Cable Modem hooked up to a Linksys WRT350N Wireless Router and Using my 60GB Model PS3 aka 500GB’s now ;)

Every time I setup using Internet Connection on my PS3 for Remote Play it will Turn on my PS3 all By itself after 1 minute of the PS3 being off and then it launches straight into Remote Play then if i don’t do anything it will Turn off my PS3 and basically go into the settings automatically and unchecked the setting of [Enable Remote Start via the Internet]

Continued on next post

+ skaterricky on December 26th, 2008 at 12:02 pm said:

Here is how i got there
——————————————–
Settings > Remote Play Settings > Remote Start > ON > Checked [Enable Remote Start via the Internet] > Yes > OK
——————————————–

Is there something that I’m missing or special settings in my wireless Router that needs to be set right?

to get a hold of me Email me or Drop a Line to PSN: Skater_Ricky 8)

+ GGCAN on December 26th, 2008 at 12:19 pm said:

Thanks Kristin.

Actually have used this feature many times for my photos.

Also stream from my pc and create slideshows on the PS3.

+ Daver on December 26th, 2008 at 2:26 pm said:

loll no problem we all understand ;)

+ eksMAN on December 26th, 2008 at 4:10 pm said:

Kristin love the avatar!

+ viprdude on December 26th, 2008 at 4:22 pm said:

What the….

So you have created a video on a feature that was included in the VERY FIRST RELEASE firmware of the PS3?

Wow…Just wow.

+ joelface on December 26th, 2008 at 7:58 pm said:

a cool video for those who have no idea how to use the ps3, but im going to hope the next few videos are a little more advanced then this one.

also.. how about if the next firmware update added a few new photo slideshow options.. i’ve certainly exhausted those 5 types by now. :p

+ andeath on December 26th, 2008 at 10:19 pm said:

Forget about photo slideshow, i want to be able to create a video playlist in order to play several videos continously!

Some new visualizations for the music player would be good too….

+ joostin on December 26th, 2008 at 10:59 pm said:

andeath…turn on sequential video playback and then sort your videos into folders (edit information/album) This will play your videos in order without needing to change files. Hidden feature they snuck in on 2.50

+ illegalprelude on December 27th, 2008 at 12:36 am said:

Hey Krisitin, this is a very cool idea and informative who might have just bought the PS3 for Blu-rays or one or two games and will give them a good idea of what the system can do.

However, that crowd is probably not on the PS blog, so any chance of these videos making their way to PSN?

+ Crumpilstilskin on December 27th, 2008 at 5:21 am said:

Another cool thing you can do with the slideshow is play your music on your hard drive as the slideshow is playing………

+ BigRon3400 on December 27th, 2008 at 5:41 am said:

Cool video. I agree with the poster who said you should have HOW TO videos like this on the PSN Store. Great idea.

+ ilkhani on December 27th, 2008 at 5:57 am said:

Howbout a private universal voice chat system for us gamers?
Only been asking for 2 years.

PAGE 1 2