Minecraft PS4

Happy Holidays from Guerrilla Games!

Steven Ter Heide's Avatar + Posted by Steven Ter Heide on Dec 29, 2008 // Game Director, Guerrilla Games

Season’s Greetings from everyone at Guerrilla! I hope you’re having a fun and relaxing holiday. The team here are currently taking a short but welcome break from finishing the game, having gone without sleep for almost three months straight. Killzone 2 is so close to completion now, I can almost taste it! (Sometimes I can literally taste it, but that’s probably due to the insomnia or the Christmas turkey leftovers).

Aside from catching up on much-needed sleep, I’ll also be catching up on the back log of games that’s been accumulating since fall. And I’ll be making up for lost time with my friends and family, of course! Come to think of it – I should probably choose my social commitments very carefully, considering the amount of wonderful games that’s come out this season.

Oh, great. Now I’m going to have to start scheduling my holiday activities.

Anyway, here’s my top five favorite PlayStation games from 2008:

1. LittleBigPlanet (PS3, Media Molecule/SCEA)
  2. WipeOut HD (PS3, Studio Liverpool/SCEA)
  3. GRID (PS3, Codemasters)
  4. God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP, Ready at Dawn/SCEA)
  5. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3, Kojima Productions/Konami)

82 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ zookey on December 29th, 2008 at 12:00 pm said:

Hey glad you guys got some down time—think you can get this thread over 10k responses? LOL I am still mystified at John’s achievement!

+ jcasanova on December 29th, 2008 at 12:00 pm said:

Hey Steven, is there going to be a Killzone 2 demo??

+ STMaraj on December 29th, 2008 at 12:01 pm said:

Happy holidays to you also!

+ TheHater on December 29th, 2008 at 12:03 pm said:

Happy Holiday GG. Hope you guys are hard at work finishing up one of my favorite game of next year :)

+ kenji on December 29th, 2008 at 12:05 pm said:

Happy Holidays

Any chance you guys will be walking around home in the Killzone gear to get people excited?

+ elorm9 on December 29th, 2008 at 12:07 pm said:

Happy holiday and happy new year! Thanks for all your effort into making such an amazing game. :)

+ warezIbanez on December 29th, 2008 at 12:07 pm said:

Wow, I read the blog from my ps3, saw that no one had posted a comment or even rated the entry, realized posting comments doesn’t work on the browser so I had to get over to my computer to post something interesting, and there were already at least four comments on it?

Anyway, nice list. Hope you get some rest and enjoy finishing up the game.

+ venneer on December 29th, 2008 at 12:08 pm said:

10k posts anyone?

+ Onna76_NL on December 29th, 2008 at 12:09 pm said:

Hallo en jullie ook fijne dagen dagen gewenst en een goed 2009 :D To think that one of the best teams out there are from a little space called Holland :D

Good luck with Killzone 2, unfortunate FPS ain’t really my thing :(

Grz,
Anouschka, Den Haag
Onna76_NL

+ venneer on December 29th, 2008 at 12:09 pm said:

happy holidays everyone at guerilla games, looking forward to Killzone 2!

+ Onna76_NL on December 29th, 2008 at 12:10 pm said:

LBP, MGS4, WipEout HD and Grid, wonderful choices. God of War on the PSP I still need to play.

+ Voozi on December 29th, 2008 at 12:12 pm said:

Happy Holidays GG

=P Any comment giveaways like our good friend over at Capcom blog post was doing!? hmmmmm!?

Haha

+ craazy on December 29th, 2008 at 12:13 pm said:

I like those games too!

+ omarkh92 on December 29th, 2008 at 12:15 pm said:

Happy holidays to you too Guerrila Games !!
I cant wait to get my hands on KZ 2 !!
btw that list is the same as mine except for grid I got PES2009 and instead of Wipeout I got Farcry2…. well It’s not the same now :P

+ C-h-a-o-s on December 29th, 2008 at 12:16 pm said:

Ahem what holiday goodies are you going to be giving us, John has spoiled us with the thought of freebies!

I kid, I kid Happy Holidays! I can’t wait for Killzone 2, when you guys finish resting after Killzone 2 launches any chance of another PSP Killzone title? I absolutely loved Liberation and hope for another, the PSP could use some good game loving.

+ Tassar on December 29th, 2008 at 12:17 pm said:

What is Sony and Guerrilla Games doing to prevent the MASSIVE fear and anger from the countless Xbox fanboys who have wormed their way into virtually every single gaming media site who if they had one single wish this entire console generation is to TRASH Killzone 2 in a ‘review’.

You guys do know that you have worked your brilliant butts off all this time on the greatest FPS ever created only to have it destroyed with 6/10s from:

Eurogamer – they will most likely try to go for the lowest score off all
1Up
GameSpot
Edge

Every single one of these sites is going to be giving your review copy of KZ 2 to their resident ‘fps guy’ aka ‘Xbot/Halo/Gears of War fanboy’ to ‘review’ so they can write their ‘didn’t live up to teh Sony hype’ garbage.

+ Alclay on December 29th, 2008 at 12:23 pm said:

Happy Holiday to all the guys at Guerrilla as well.

Killzone 2 is a first day purchase for me, and PLEASE announce a Collectors Edition.

+ TheHater on December 29th, 2008 at 12:25 pm said:

Please tell me there will be Killzone 2 collectible edition? I buy all exclusive collector edition of game. I don’t care if it is a $100 dollars, I will buy it.

+ jazzyrider on December 29th, 2008 at 12:25 pm said:

Great list. My additional list items are RB2, Fallout 3, DeadSpace, and BioShock!

+ ftwrthtx on December 29th, 2008 at 12:26 pm said:

Happy Holidays to all of you as well

+ saintfighteraqua on December 29th, 2008 at 12:28 pm said:

What do you have planned after Killzone?

+ starblinky01 on December 29th, 2008 at 12:33 pm said:

wow 3 months eh.

I have bought every PS3 exclusive so far in 2008, seriously, I have them all now. I have a total of 12 games now. Just got Motorstorm 2 yesterday and WOW it is a THOUSAND times better then the first one.

Anyways, I can’t wait to continue my obsession with PS3 exclusives into 2009, when I buy Killzone 2.

+ Cerberus_Hunter on December 29th, 2008 at 12:34 pm said:

Happy Holidays GG. Can’t wait to play your game next year.

+ L on December 29th, 2008 at 12:37 pm said:

Helghast…

+ KaiserSosate on December 29th, 2008 at 12:39 pm said:

Some of us fans would love to play with you all if you had the time. Happy Holidays.

+ vandam on December 29th, 2008 at 12:42 pm said:

Killzone beta for USA please… And someone fix TROPHY ERRORS on my PS3.. Every time I try to load my trophys I Get error Code WHY?? and the blog is full of people with same problem.. But happy holidays!!! :D

+ chriscowboyd on December 29th, 2008 at 12:52 pm said:

@16 who care about hater ? let them do there damn job and hate that what a hater do as for the game review site no one who paid 60 bucks on a game use there input in buying a AAA game as long as there demo and beta to play you can see for yourself how good a games is . lol i cant believe there sill out there reviewing games didn’t that system die in the ice age ? lol

+ Asshandler on December 29th, 2008 at 12:58 pm said:

Happy holidays to your team, is Nancy still with you guys? If so, please say hello to her from Steve Watt from the old PSXNation. :)

I’m looking forward to your new title in 2009, I was fortunate enough to have a chance to try out the playable private beta, and it was everything I had hoped for.

You folks are doing terrific things with the hardware, keep up the great work and again, Happy Holidays to you and your families.

+ KeyWii on December 29th, 2008 at 1:04 pm said:

All you guys’s work is paying off KZ2 looks fantastic.

+ smokey_vols on December 29th, 2008 at 1:12 pm said:

Why are you guys done with the game? IGN and other sites found problems with the review copies that you guys sent out, and the game doesn’t release till late Feburary… don’t you think that time could be spent fixing the problems?

+ Starfleets on December 29th, 2008 at 1:14 pm said:

Thank you Guerilla Games. KillZone 2 – the most talked about game this generation. You delivered guys, can’t wait till the rest of the world get their hands on this game.

+ Torgo on December 29th, 2008 at 1:15 pm said:

Must
Have
Killzone 2
NOW!!!!

+ shakoor_h on December 29th, 2008 at 1:15 pm said:

Can’t wait for KZ2, goo to see the top 3 are based in UK :)

+ lakaihigh on December 29th, 2008 at 1:17 pm said:

happy holidays steve! the team does deserve some rest as KZ2 is looking amazing. its a day 1 purchase from me sir. i can almost taste it too… or that might be post xmas dinner stillllll digesting. not quite sure on that one. but i am sure that the KZ2 home content is rather intriguing. can you guys elaborate on the blog about that?

@ smokey – he never said the game was done sir!

peace,
Lh

+ tezasaurus on December 29th, 2008 at 1:19 pm said:

Woot, a Wipeout fan! I barely ever see people on my list playing it anymore :( Have you snagged the Airbraker trophy, Steven?

Looking forward to Killzone 2, but I am on a self-imposed media blackout. I don’t want to get spoiled.

+ EddyxMob on December 29th, 2008 at 1:29 pm said:

Happy Holidays

lol

have Fun

Yea Wipeout HD is Sweet

+ Skater_Ricky on December 29th, 2008 at 1:36 pm said:

I have Every Game besides Grid… which I find very intresting and might get since the demo was really good.

Take care and I better put this game on Preorder. 8)

+ jbat17 on December 29th, 2008 at 1:44 pm said:

can’t wait for your game Steven. but it seems like i don’t have a choice, do i?.. please check out ign’s wishlist/fix-list for KZ2.. it seems like simple tweaks, like changing the shotgun sound effects, will make this game great

+ GGCAN on December 29th, 2008 at 1:45 pm said:

Happy holidays Stephen and also the gang at Guerrilla Games.

+ BZKlint on December 29th, 2008 at 1:49 pm said:

Nice list :)

Can’t wait for Killzone 2 ;)

(Kinda nice to not be in a commenting race anymore with 100′s of other people…)

+ Tassar on December 29th, 2008 at 1:56 pm said:

“it seems like simple tweaks, like changing the shotgun sound effects, will make this game great”

LOL, IGN! What a bunch of pathetic losers…

It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so absolutely pathetic the desperate and asinine list of ‘problems’ the retarded fanboys at gaming sites are going to invent to make sure they can trash the game in their ‘reviews’

Everyone who hasn’t seen the infamous Dan Hsu ‘review’ of Gears of War should just google for:

dan hsu gears of war review

and take a look at the first image that comes up and compare it to these moronic Xbot ‘issues lists’ with KZ 2.

These bogus lists work as an Xbot reviewer consensus builder so they can all be on the same page when they hand out their 6/10s for KZ 2. They bounce these lists around in blogs and other previews so that when the need to come up with their inevitable large list of ‘problems’ to justify their predetermined 6/10 score for the game they add legitimacy by being able to say ‘everyone’ found the ‘same problems’.

+ Wollan on December 29th, 2008 at 1:56 pm said:

Merry Christmas Steve and to the rest at Guerrilla Games.

PS! Announce the Limited Edition sooner rather than later please so we can start pre-ordering. Also make sure Amazon.co.uk gets the same pre-order deal as the US counterpart.

PPS! Cool that the game is debuting in Europe on Feb.25th!

+ superaktieboy on December 29th, 2008 at 2:05 pm said:

Yah you guys have a great holiday as well :) and every one else :)

+ wizardpsp on December 29th, 2008 at 2:13 pm said:

Thanks And happy Holidas!!! to all
but MGS4 needs to be on first or second place!!!

+ wizardpsp on December 29th, 2008 at 2:13 pm said:

Holy sorry!! my bad

+ Nick212004 on December 29th, 2008 at 2:15 pm said:

Happy Holidays!!! I am hoping there will be a killzone 2 beta in january qore because where they showed they are filming next episode is by the guerilla studios. PLEASE GIVE US A BETA!!!

+ Clinton514 on December 29th, 2008 at 2:18 pm said:

Happy Holidays Steven!

Good list of games to catch up on there. I’m very anxious to get my hands on the final version of KZ2! Get the rest, because you all deserve it!

Good luck and keep up the good work. :)

+ HaVoK_08 on December 29th, 2008 at 2:25 pm said:

Feliz Navidad bro!

Quick question though, any news on any home support for K2? i saw a few pics of a helghast costume for home and that looks pretty awesome…May 09 bring you health and happiness, oh and get ready to buy a Ferrari with all the money K2 is going to make you guys lol lol. :)

+ blindrocket on December 29th, 2008 at 2:27 pm said:

Taking a break? Get back to work!

We need our Killzone 2! ;)

j/k Glad you get to take a break from making the best looking shooter ever! You deserve it.

+ Tassar on December 29th, 2008 at 2:29 pm said:

Ferrari?

More likely a Donkervoort.

PAGE 1 2