Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Jan 07

Jan 07

Qore Episode 08 Tomorrow– Featuring Killzone 2, F.E.A.R. 2, and Heavy Rain

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar Posted by Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

The Qore team’s put together a terrific show to kick off 2009 as Qore – Episode 08 hits the PlayStation Store tomorrow and features some of the hottest games appearing on PLAYSTATION 3 in the first part of the 2009.

Episode 08 begins with a trip to Amsterdam for an inside glimpse at one of the year’s most anticipated titles, Guerrilla GamesKillzone 2. Make sure you watch this feature in HD. It looks awesome!

In Paris, Veronica Belmont searches for answers about Heavy Rain as she dons the mo-cap suit at Quantic Dream where they aspire to redefine “interactive cinema” with this film-noir adventure title.

Seattle is the next destination – a trip inspired by fear – F.E.A.R. 2, that is. Monolith was kind enough to share their scare as well as some tricks they use to create really spooky sound design.

From the San Francisco Bay Area, we dive into the fanatic Street Fighter game culture with a visit to a super-secret, underground Street Fighter Club and take a spin with the legendary DJ Qbert at his home studio where he conceived his Street Fighter II HD track.

As for downloadable goodies, don’t miss a new, Qore-exclusive Killzone 2 theme and Qore-only early access to the F.E.A.R. 2 demo (Expected Availability: Mid-January).

Enjoy the show!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

seafea said:

January 7th, 7:08 pm

Can’t wait to see it! Especially the FEAR 2 demo!

BlindMango said:

January 7th, 7:11 pm

it looks like a great one, and why not just change the name to PlayStation Magazine or something, because that’s pretty much what it is. anyway, keep up the good work guys!

RNBaran said:

January 7th, 7:13 pm

Killzone 2! I can’t believe it’s finally coming out next month. Fabulous job Guerrilla Games. This is certainly a wonderful way to start the new year for PS3 owners.

Brandon_2535 said:

January 7th, 7:14 pm

Do you have to be a subscriber to get the F.E.A.R. 2 demo or can you just buy this episode and get it?

SpookyJuice said:

January 7th, 7:14 pm

Just so you know #1. The Fear 2 demo will not be available tommarow for download.

Stallone said:

January 7th, 7:14 pm

Schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Wollan said:

January 7th, 7:15 pm

Ohh.. part of the Killzone 2 intro there.

You see the ‘New Sun’ enter the Helghan atmosphere (+ some missile firing in space).

Please release the intro to the web, it will rile up interest just like the Wrath of the Lich King intro did months ahead of release.

3AM said:

January 7th, 7:15 pm

IS THAT KILLZONE 2 CGI OPENING I SEE? HOW DARE YOU SPOIL IT!

TheHater said:

January 7th, 7:25 pm

[DELETED] the FEAR 2 demo. Give us the Killzone 2 demo.

TheHater said:

January 7th, 7:28 pm

I can speak for everyone on my buddy list that is a Qore subscriber. We want the Killzone 2 demo. Not the FEAR 2 demo. None of us care about FEAR. GIVE US THE KILLZONE 2 DEMO. IT WAS WE BEEN PAYING FOR.

Brandon_2535 said:

January 7th, 7:29 pm

You can get the Killzone 2 Demo by pre-ordering Killzone 2 at GameStop. The demo also comes out after the release of Killzone 2.

Parapraxis said:

January 7th, 7:30 pm

I hope Sony markets the heck out of Killzone 2!!!
The Demo should not be only available via pre-order at Gamestop, those people are already “sold” on the game.
Get it out there Sony. Inform the people who don’t know about the game! The core crowd already knows.

Killzone 2 is probably the biggest game of ’09. IT COULD SELL MILLIONS, if you show people how awesome it is.
I guarantee you if people at theatres saw a KZ2 trailer before thier favorite new blockbuster action film, you’d have people rushing out to buy PS3s the next day.

Can’t wait for this ep of Qore.
Killzone 2, F.E.A.R. 2…pure win.

TheHater said:

January 7th, 7:33 pm

@11 Brandon_2535
I am paying 25 dollars a year for Qore and I have yet to get into any beta from them. Hell I didn’t even get my Resistance 2 beta for being a Qore subscriber for 6 months now. The least they can do is give Qore subscriber the killzone 2 beta before everyone else.

Oh and I don’t support Gamestop. Every time I go to buy a PS3 game their, it was like a crime or something. So why should I support a company like that.

Stoffinator said:

January 7th, 7:38 pm

Anybody want to take bets that the demo will be much later or never come?

TheVesra said:

January 7th, 7:41 pm

Question, not but mere couple months back it was stated to us qore supporters there would no longer be any of this “wait to download” extra content. WTH?! correct me if i’m wrong here, PLEASE. but that does say (expected availability mid-january)does it not? whats the deal here, can i expect these same shennanigans to continue throughout the remainder of my subscription? just not right ((shakes head in complete disbelief)), i am quite upset.
Also, i too believe it should be the KillZone2 demo included. aside from being the hot game right now, it’s in-house and should be readily available to you.

Brandon_2535 said:

January 7th, 7:41 pm

@TheHater Yeah i know what you mean man. i’ve been in two betas but my friend gave me both of them. i was also in the home beta thanks to a friend of mine. and it’s not longer a beta, i don’t think you meant that, but just pointing that out. and you could just go preorder at gamestop and then cancel your preorder and you still can keep your card. that’s what i’m thinking about doing.

CowboyDan said:

January 7th, 7:43 pm

Sweet. This will be the first Qore episode that I buy. I am really interested in all three of those games.

I still don’t like the idea of paying for this, but I can’t resist this time.

TheHater said:

January 7th, 7:47 pm

@15 TheVesra
I am not going to subscriber to Qore when my subscription expire in June. It not worth spending $25 on when you count the fact that Qore fail to deliver on the betas that was promise to it subscribers and some of the demos arrive weeks after the episodes is release. Instead of give the subscriber the Demos they care for (Killzone 2) the give us demos that no one cars for. Whoever is the head of Qore need to quit and give the job to someone that will deliver contents that the subscribers want and would care for.

662STER said:

January 7th, 7:50 pm

F.E.A.R. 2 demo? Hell yeah!!! can’t wait for that, you gotta love F.E.A.R. 2 baby!!!LOL and for Killzone 2? yea, yea, yea whatever.

TheHater said:

January 7th, 7:51 pm

@16 Brandon_2535
Me also. I go into the Resistance 2 beta because a friend of mine had an extra code. It seems being a Qore subscriber is useless because you don’t get what was promise to be yours. From the 100’s of dollars I spend on the PSN, Qore is they only purchase I regret buying.
As for Gamestop. I been screw over too many times to trust that company anymore.

Ghostm said:

January 7th, 8:01 pm

The only shooter I’m going to spend my money on this year is Killzone 2. 2009 just started and the market is already being bombarded with FPS’. Thank god for foreign developers. They seem to be the only ones that are not obsessed with FPS unlike NA.

Sk8boyP said:

January 7th, 8:04 pm

great content, but I was wondering…. where’s cross game chat?

MUGEN02 said:

January 7th, 8:18 pm

I wonder when Kevin will spill the beans on on the FEB’s episode 9 demo, I have hunch that it’s a killzone 2 demo.

python09 said:

January 7th, 8:24 pm

I’m thinking of actually buying this episode just for Veronica Belmont in a Mo-cap suit. The FEAR 2 demo is just the icing.

Feb 27 can’t come soon enough, bring on Killzone 2!

TheHater said:

January 7th, 8:26 pm

@23 MUGEN02
If it is a Killzone 2 demo, I think Qore members are going to get it in mid to late Feb. You know, since it seems that every demo on qore comes weeks later when they are suppose too. LAME :(
Whoever is in charge of Qore, either quit or start doing a better job. Because up too now, you been doing a pretty horrible job.

digplans said:

January 7th, 8:29 pm

Sooooo where’s the CES coverage? No PS3 news? Hm… :(

NewYork214 said:

January 7th, 8:33 pm

looks good this month

TFHAppo said:

January 7th, 8:36 pm

Just a bit confused here.

You say Qore-exclusive KZ2 theme and then you say Qore-Only F.E.A.R. 2 demo. Is one of those for subscribers only? If so, I suggest you correct it before you get a ton of comments whining about how annual subscribers get nothing. >.<

Axecution said:

January 7th, 8:46 pm

My EB Games doesn’t have any codes yet down here in Canada. So, basically… i cant play the demo. What the [DELETED] is the point of a demo if you need to buy the game in order to get it? Why are you promoting the game to people who already payed for it? What the [DELETED]?
Gorilla? You there?

Oh well. Cool Qore update i guess. I still regret buying my year subscription though. I normally just read what’s in it, then don’t even bother going to my download list to get the new episode. :/ Whatever though. Thanks guys! I know all i did was complain, but at least you’re trying.
Now, off to more Band of Brothers blu-ray watching. :D

TheInfectedBy590 said:

January 7th, 9:02 pm

Oh wow, Guerrilla Games’ studio is in Amsterdam?!
I wanna work there now! ‘Coffee’ shops and video games, what else could one want in life? :p

CHRP718 said:

January 7th, 9:05 pm

Sweet. Killzone 2 & Heavy Rain O_O

thaddeus said:

January 7th, 9:06 pm

Nobody cares about the F.E.A.R. 2 demo? Like hell nobody does! F.E.A.R. was one of my favorite FPSs of all time. I usually get bored of them before I beat them. BioShock and F.E.A.R. were among the exceptions.

The story, graphics, weapons, AI, everything was amazing. If they can live up to the original then its going to be an amazing game. It won’t take much for Killzone 2 to be better than the original(but they better add Co-op, or I might not buy it :).

barom said:

January 7th, 9:10 pm

Wow, I might just buy this month’s Qore episode. Huge fan of Heavy Rain (or more specifically Quantic Dream)

mr.eviltaz said:

January 7th, 9:46 pm

Do you need to be a core subsriber to be the ony ones to play the F.E.A.R. 2 demo or can we all play it. As for the Killzone 2 demo I already played the Beta one & it was hot. I just want to tell all you Killzone freaks that you will NOT be dissapointed in this one lotz of action to be had.

I just wish that Sony would put more demos out there for all to try. Cuz thats how I decide whether to buy or fly. At this moment I own 90 Ps3 games 278 Ps2 & about 77 Psp games and it all boils down to playing a demo first.. Keep Up The Great Work Sony .. You Guys Rock By Far & The Rest Need To Learn From You Guys In Order To Succeed In The Gaming Wold As We Gamers See It… Keep Up The Great Work..

DocNox said:

January 7th, 10:01 pm

Hi, I’m new! Finally joined ^-^
First of all, AWESOMESAUCE. And grats on Qore’s success, glad to have contributed my part. ( lol ^-^)
Was that the KZ2 intro I saw flash by in the video? o_o
Doesn’t get too spoilerific, does it? >.>
Anyways, thanks a lot guys. Awesome work.

tearsofash said:

January 7th, 10:04 pm

HEAVY RAIN!

ftwrthtx said:

January 7th, 10:05 pm

FEAR 2 sounds cool

theownerz said:

January 7th, 10:41 pm

cant wait to play that demo

cwalat said:

January 7th, 11:13 pm

Seriously, what is wrong with releasing Qore for the European audience?

You guys do know that English is a global language and that you could easily add Subtitles for those who need.

It’s not like gamers in Europe can’t read.

I’m getting pretty fed up with this constant content treatment towards your European fans.
If you say “we listen to our fans..”
Then you guys should stick to that statement.

And are you guys okey with people releasing Qore issues on youtube? Do something about it then.

KiD said:

January 7th, 11:19 pm

OMG!

FEAR2 Demo!

Heavy Rain possible new info O__o

Can’t wait 4 update

gmk218 said:

January 7th, 11:24 pm

glad to see all this activity after the holidays ty

SitoWaM said:

January 7th, 11:28 pm

I will buy only if it has the full Killzone 2 intro…

whatisdelicious said:

January 8th, 12:34 am

I’m so tired of the demo not being available with Qore. The first two Qore issues were both betas that I had to wait for months to get into and I was never even sent a Resistance 2 beta code. And now the demos keep getting delayed. It’s so stupid.

That said, good game line-up and cool Killzone 2 theme. I just wish that I’d be getting NEW information that I haven’t already read online like three months ago.

THAT said, it’s still cool to get some HD footage of Killzone 2 so I can see what it’s going to look like on my TV when actually playing it.

mlataupe said:

January 8th, 1:14 am

Gosh the login system on the blog is retarded. Hopefully the newest version will correct it.

Anyway thanks to this preview I discovered I lived like 5 minutes away by walk from Quantic Dreams offices in Paris. w00t!

TinkerGuru said:

January 8th, 2:47 am

…another “special” access to a demo that isn’t available…that really needs to stop…

lifeRPGs said:

January 8th, 3:33 am

Fear 2? Who cares? Just give us the KZ2 demo.

Kenshin001 said:

January 8th, 4:10 am

Kevin, could you kindly explain to PS3 users why many games on PSN don’t have (even brief)demos? Is it because people play the demo and that satisfies them or is it technically difficult on PSN? Seems odd that the competition provides this function but the PSN lacks it. Thanks.

Redswipe said:

January 8th, 4:40 am

Is Qore ever going to be available in the EU?

GGCAN said:

January 8th, 5:39 am

Thanks Kevin.

Love viewing these monthly Qore episodes.

bigdaddyjane said:

January 8th, 6:09 am

Sorry but my PSN wallet is empty this month.I hope QORE is free tomorrow.

PAGE 1 2