PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

CES 2009: See Sony’s Booth

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jan 08, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

How big is Sony’s booth at the Consumer Electronics Show this year? So big they’re filming episodes of Jeopardy! on-site (no Trebek sightings for me yet, but that will hopefully change today).

While the vast majority of the acreage is packed with Bravias, VAIOs, Handycams, and awesome audio setups (find out more at Sony.com/news), a number of current and upcoming PlayStation titles made the trip to Vegas. Here’s a quick tour we shot last night during a preview event for those of you not among the 140,000 projected CES attendees:

In addition, colleague Brian Dunn snapped lots of pics of the Sony booth at large last night as things were being set up – you can see
the full gallery here.

Better yet, developers Guerrilla Games (Killzone 2), Sucker Punch Productions (inFamous), and SCEA Bend Studios (Resistance Retribution) are also in Vegas for CES. I’ll be grilling them on their presentations for you in some future posts, so keep an eye out for those.

As far as that PlayStation Home announcement Jack Buser mentions in the video – you’ll find out about that soon.

DSC01202

81 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Wollan on January 8th, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

Roll on Fat Princess!

We demand new fhutage.

+ Renck on January 8th, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

Is the EA site in Home now open? Can someone check that? I am at work now!

+ Renck on January 8th, 2009 at 10:18 am said:

Jeff, are we going to have this video and Sony’s CES keynote available to download today?

+ jazzyrider on January 8th, 2009 at 10:20 am said:

Wow – you guys really know how to put on a kick a** setup! Wish I was there but the video and photo gallery is awesome!

Hope you guys can elaborate on not just Playstation items but any new HDTVs or accessories that will complement the PS3!

+ Aaron on January 8th, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

EA SPORTS to Debut on PlayStation®Network with EA SPORTS Complex

+ TheApprentice on January 8th, 2009 at 10:25 am said:

hahaha @ TheHomeGuy …hehe..

+ stennex on January 8th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

I hope there will be more footage of GOW3. Maybe there will be an update for GT5Pro and White Knight Story might be shown. This your year Sony to shine.

+ Ghostm on January 8th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

@ 36

Are we talking about the same console? The PS3 does a lot of cool things but you are exaggerating way too much. I love my PS3 but what Sony promised when first they announced the PS3 still haven’t been seen. Third party softwares looks identical or worse to our console due to poor porting. And yes the first video of Killzone 2 was CGI. As for PS HOME only like 3-5 people on my friends list logs into Home every now and then. Home has some incredible potential. They need a lot more activities in order to make it a success. Not being able to launch directly into any game at any given time is a major problem. I love my PS3 but, I’m not sure where you are getting your facts from. Sony has a lot of work to do. Two years after the PS3′s launch Sony is now starting to build a face for PSN. Now we have eight more years to go. Where do you get PS3 and Netflix from?

Check out this comparison video of what Sony promised when the PS3 was announced to what they’ve delivered so far. Let me know what you think.

+ TheInfectedBy590 on January 8th, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

GIMMIE FAT PRINCESS! NAO!

+ xmscott on January 8th, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

Savage Moon coming soon!

All i care about

+ Stoffinator on January 8th, 2009 at 11:32 am said:

Good to see some gaming news back at CES. Its usually very dry.

+ tearsofash on January 8th, 2009 at 12:28 pm said:

So these OLED tvs, the ones I’ve always seen are pretty small. It wouldn’t be a good choice to get one, and use it for gaming just yet, would it?

+ joel on January 8th, 2009 at 12:36 pm said:

I wish I was there, and wow this is awsome

+ T-P-M on January 8th, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

Great job Jeff! I wish I could be there.

P.S. I’m really looking forward to the 3D surprises in tomorrows press event :D

+ chriscowboyd on January 8th, 2009 at 1:14 pm said:

@58 you even have to agree that killzone 2 look alot better then any game on the 360 ? and am not going to bring up lbp or gow 3. so if you a sony fan you should be celebrating what they did over the two year . 1 360 only soild 8 million more console then ps3 and it took them 3 year and a price cut to have that small lead. 2 xbl and psn have the same amount of online member this will be bad news for ms because more and more people see psn if not the same but better then xbl. if sony do what they did last year by selling more console then ms untill they drop the price sony will be second in console sell by the middle of this year . am not trying to start stuff or a crazed ps3 fan but you have to realize that with no killer line up any time soon and you all ready show us your hand and price cut your system there nothing else ms can do to compete that being saied i dont think sony or ms happy being second . also if anyone waiting for a ps3 price cut you may be waiting and may happen in late 2010.

+ erico316 on January 8th, 2009 at 1:28 pm said:

i want info on the 3d ps3 tech sony is showing off right now at the ces come on jeff that is the best news out of the ces so far!!!!!

+ Jedi_webslinger on January 8th, 2009 at 1:29 pm said:

I hope you are going to do a special event in home maybe too late for ces but e3 or any major event, like they did for the japan server of home when they recreated the TGS booth. I liked playing the game launching feature for GT5 in the arcade driving seats.

+ erico316 on January 8th, 2009 at 1:30 pm said:

jeff let sony know i want the ps3 3d this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

+ Wolfgare on January 8th, 2009 at 1:41 pm said:

Dang, you guys were showing a lot of stuff off with the PS3. Can’t wait for KILLZONE2 and Fat Princess! Wish you could have showed some of the 3D GT5Prolouge and WipEout in this vid, it definitely seemed like some pretty cool tech. How come you couldn’t have made a bang like this at I/ITSEC in Orlando!!? =p

+ Bison on January 8th, 2009 at 2:03 pm said:

lol @ Spiderman cartoon

+ schwaa on January 8th, 2009 at 2:44 pm said:

Sony,

PLEASE BRING OUT THE 3D GLASSES.

We all want these. Bad.

+ DNAgent on January 8th, 2009 at 4:18 pm said:

I don’t think 3D should be done unless you can do it without some sort of mask or glasses. Besides, people who already wear glasses would be screwed because they would have to choose to either see clearly or see in blurry 3D vision.

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on January 8th, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

Thanks for keeping us informed Jeff! Please grill Guerilla about why they didn’t include OFFLINE MULTIPLAYER. Thanks again!

+ Mitsugeta on January 8th, 2009 at 5:28 pm said:

Jeff, please, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease make it so this: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44150.html is apart of the TV Ad campaign for Killzone 2.

T_T Or at least put it up on Playstation Store in 1080p. Personally I think thats the most compelling video of this game I’ve seen yet and has totally sold me on getting the game day 1.

+ Wolfgare on January 8th, 2009 at 6:10 pm said:

“Please grill Guerilla about why they didn’t include OFFLINE MULTIPLAYER.”
This.
And also, announce the KILLZONE2 Collector’s Edition already!! =]

+ mr.eviltaz on January 8th, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

oh yea if i had the money i would go out right now and buy one of Sonys HDTV’s with out even thinking twice. right now i play on a 32inch regular TV

+ TheHakku on January 8th, 2009 at 7:25 pm said:

What video? :/

+ WHAT on January 9th, 2009 at 4:33 am said:

Not really any useful innovations at CES this year. Sony’s Home Audio just keeps going south. I remember when big bad Billy said game consoles will be a thing of the past only years latter launching a console, lol. I always though that the receiver would replace the home PC and link all mobile devices and components together. Now it’s look how easy it is to upload this. Transfer it here to here, double back, erase, triple back, where the hell did it go now. One device to rule them all.

+ lakuma on January 9th, 2009 at 12:36 pm said:

I would be really nice if SONY would let us see this booth in HOME!!! Hopefully they will for E3 2009.

+ GORT22 on January 9th, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

Hopefully we hear more about PS3 and PSP integration. Maybe add Location Free to the PS3.

+ mikevipsr@yahoo.com on January 15th, 2009 at 8:53 am said:

SONY im angry at the fact there not been any new visualizations. i waited in the cold when PS3 came to WALMART in la. i love it and the fact theres been alot of really good updates. im a true SONY fan i own a SONY ERICSSON w810I HDTV 51inch a PSP a CYBERSHOT CAMERA and also a SONY LAPTOP. SONY is the best. please for the love of god add new visualizations revise the web browser to adapt to web pages better. and kick the other competition in the butt.

PAGE 1 2