GTAV PS4

EA Announces EA Sports Complex for PlayStation Home

Chris Morell's Avatar + Posted by Chris Morell on Jan 08, 2009 // Senior Social Media Specialist

From the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas comes big news for PlayStation Home. EA officially announced its plans to launch the EA Sports Complex in the Home Beta this spring, the first Home space from EA.

EA SPORTS Complex

EA and Sony have been hard at work to create a space that both casual and hardcore gamers will enjoy, allowing Home users to play exclusive new EA Sports multiplayer games, meet EA Sports fans, check leaderboards and watch EA Sports trailers. And better yet, EA is currently working with Sony with further PlayStation Home support, with announcements coming in the future.

For now, take a look at the EA Sports Complex trailer to whet your appetite, and stay tuned for more CES coverage today and throughout the week.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ hostes on January 8th, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

nice :)

+ lifeRPGs on January 8th, 2009 at 10:23 am said:

Good news for sports fan, which unfortunately i am not. Any update on Game Launching?

+ Mana Knight on January 8th, 2009 at 10:26 am said:

This sounds really cool for sports fans. I’m definitely interested in visiting it. :D

+ craazy on January 8th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

Looks cool

+ TheApprentice on January 8th, 2009 at 10:27 am said:

Wowzers…

Good stuff.
Not much a fan of sports titles, but this certainly does help promotion, and I’m wanting to get the next Fifa title.

So yea.

+ saintfighteraqua on January 8th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

This seems good, I don’t like sports but the EA space looks good, especially since it has mini games, sign me up!

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on January 8th, 2009 at 10:36 am said:

Yeah, I\’m not a huge sports gamer, but these mini games are very enticing.

+ Gord Lacey on January 8th, 2009 at 10:28 am said:

This is what I thought of when Home was first talked about – some Sony content, but lots of third party spaces as well. Very cool.

+ digplans on January 8th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

Looks cool. Glad to see this! Spring is a bit late though. Oh well, can’t complain. Keep it up.

+ TLSBill on January 8th, 2009 at 10:29 am said:

Looks awesome! The visuals are really good, and I like the fact that racing games are represented too.

Could EA have leaderboard screens for all their games updating right to that space like a ranking board? That would be a cool addition..

+ narde15 on January 8th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

thats what im talkin about!!!!!!!!!!!!! u dudes rock like bed!

+ DeeBo24 on January 8th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

Very nice. I can’t wait to see what kind of games they have in their space.

+ happy_spud on January 8th, 2009 at 10:30 am said:

Not bad, even from a Home naysayer like me. Sony needs to woo other companies into making Home spaces like this one.

+ TheHater on January 8th, 2009 at 10:31 am said:

WOW…I thought I would never say this. But EA you just gain a lot of respect from me base on your games release for the they past 6 months.

+ Kevyn.B.Grams on January 8th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

Beautiful! Thank you EA, this is looking amazing. Hope you guys have some payed content in here, because I would love to though support into keeping this place running once it starts, and having more in the future.

I can’t wait for Madden and Fight Night. Tyson’s the man.

+ WoolySpud on January 8th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

Oh my freaking gord! this is awesome. in your face Home complainers and naysayers! and to think this is only the beginning!

*Does Happy Dance*

+ samich2007 on January 8th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

Great!!!!!!

But i’ve got a question,
will there be more thirth party rooms into home? and will there be more annoucements at the ces2009 about home?

+ NathanJ on January 8th, 2009 at 10:34 am said:

Absolutely blown away by this news.

It is staggering to think how amazing and huge Home is going to be just six months from now.

The Home servers are already completely packed with people constantly. I can’t imagine how Sony is going to handle the massive load in the future.

Game launching sounds like it the top priority.

Both game and non-game companies are already throwing massive support into Home.

Flawless victory for Sony and Home.

To think instead of this incredible Home stuff we all could be paying 50 bucks a year for laggy online play and little Nintendo Mii dollies…

+ madlogic on January 8th, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

This is beyond KEWL!!

-www.DJMADLOGIC.com

+ Aggie_CEO on January 8th, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

This is nice and all….Spring isnt that far away……

But is this the News that was spoken of in the previous post??? I was hoping for something a little sooner …..

+ ftwrthtx on January 8th, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

I’m hoping that EA and Sony will work together to integrate EA Sports World and Home so we can have our own videos and stats available to us within Home itself as well as at EASportsworld.com

+ HanSolo on January 8th, 2009 at 10:39 am said:

nice, now about a dead space….. setup… with a new giant ship to explore with friends… with comics..stories..secrets… all scattered around the ship?

+ Razgriz1Ace on January 8th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

sign me up, im sold already. i want to play that formula 1 looking like mine-game :)

+ hustleman24 on January 8th, 2009 at 10:42 am said:

OMG, sony u done gave me adrenalin rush now Im to excited, sony thanks for taking over my life. :)

+ NathanJ on January 8th, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

“the first Home space from EA.”

Oh yes! Something this big and it is only the first of more EA Spaces to come.

Sony must have once again made it incredibly easy for developers to support their console. I would have thought that the first Home Spaces from companies would be simple rooms with just some pictures or movies up on the walls.

Not a damn flying game or this gigantic sports complex with mini-games.

+ Makasu on January 8th, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

For the love of good, i hope it has mini golf :D

+ eratyptin on January 8th, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

awesome sauce! looks good!

+ Seanscythe2 on January 8th, 2009 at 10:44 am said:

please don’t charge to play the mini games

+ gachzorge on January 8th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

A little mad that I bought that stupid Poker game on the PS Store for 10 bucks, when this is going to be free and probably better

+ StalkingSilence on January 8th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

I would like to see some interaction between the physical game and the Home space. Money you get in Tiger Woods ’10 you get to use to gamble in EA’s Sports Complex.

BTW, can’t wait for Madden ’10 with trophies!

+ happy_spud on January 8th, 2009 at 10:45 am said:

Wooley Spud Owes me $.50 for each time he uses half my name. That and copying a word from my blog comment. :P

+ Redswipe on January 8th, 2009 at 10:48 am said:

Poker w00t!

+ Chrisrahosiris on January 8th, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

Sony,

I am simply stunned and impressed by this news. This is going to be a huge addition to Home. I’m sure that this is the tip of the ice berg. A special thanks to EA and the Home team for this.

+ XxBigP123xX on January 8th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

We knew a EA space was coming for a long time.

+ scorpio on January 8th, 2009 at 10:50 am said:

OMG!!!

This is exactly what I was hoping for Home to have. I am a HUGE sports fan (NHL09 FIFA09).

Looks great and the possibilities are endless.

+ Renck on January 8th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

Now, we just need Altair outfit in the Mall………free, of course!

+ dummy on January 8th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

the poker game looks fun and so does the racing.. actually everything looks fun.. the only negative thing about ANY of this is that we have to wait until spring!

+ Bender Rodriguez on January 8th, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

Good. Home has been needing more spaces. Hopefully we’ll be seeing lots more spaces soon. Namely gaming/game company spaces.

+ Renck on January 8th, 2009 at 10:57 am said:

From engadget’s CES coverage:

“9:45AM Kaz Hirai, president of SCE on stage. Kaz!”

“9:53AM PlayStation Home has added Electonic Arts to Home today. Based on the demo, it looks like it includes an EA casino and other places where you can give more of your money to Sony.”

Not cool! I was expecting to play poker at Home today, but now I have to wait until Spring.

Anyway, looking really good! Home for sure is getting better and better.

+ GGCAN on January 8th, 2009 at 11:00 am said:

Wow…very nice…thanks Chris.

Still can’t believe how some people say Home isn’t for them…oh well, to each their own.

+ Captain Fury on January 8th, 2009 at 11:01 am said:

looks great

+ acerazer1 on January 8th, 2009 at 11:04 am said:

This sounds pretty cool, I was wondering if EA Sports was going to do something like this.

+ womfalcs3 on January 8th, 2009 at 11:06 am said:

I have been waiting on word on this since they first talked about it a while ago.

Looks great. Poker is a nice addition.

+ digplans on January 8th, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

Haha Renck, i’m also following Engadget’s liveblog for the Sony press conference. I read it the same way, thinking: “OMG i’m gonna check that EA space right away and play some poker!”, then I found out the truth. Damn Engadget!

Also notice there hasn’t been any news since 10:38… Here’s hoping Sony is blowing them away.

+ ykiki on January 8th, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

It’s a good sign when you see support for Home from companies outside of Sony.

As a sports fan, I’m looking forward to the EA space. Some of my non-sports-fan coworkers who purchased PS3’s over the Holidays seem pretty interested in this as well, which is a good sign.

+ digplans on January 8th, 2009 at 11:07 am said:

Oh, actually it’s done. Wow that was underwhelming. :(

+ sascha23 on January 8th, 2009 at 11:10 am said:

I happen to one of those gamers that’s all about adventure/action/RPG and generally anything involving a great story and characters.

So, sports don’t fall into that. But, this is going to be pretty exciting for sports fans.

Looking forward to that KZ2 demo.

+ phinn on January 8th, 2009 at 11:16 am said:

Wow this actually looks pretty cool

+ Ghostm on January 8th, 2009 at 11:17 am said:

This is really great news!

+ omarkh92 on January 8th, 2009 at 11:18 am said:

It doesnt look good… It looks BRILLIANT !!
this might be the best space that we’ll ever see.
ofcourse cuz Im a huge sports fan and Soccer player myself !!
the only sports game that I like that’s not from EA is PES2009 and the whole PES Series, I dont like Fifa alot (but bought 08 and 09 and I still play them), but I must say that they did a really good job on Fifa 08 and 09 (specially if on a 52″ Full HDTV)

Thanks alot Chris for the wonderful news !!
wonder if a Konami Space is coming….

+ bronxchulo on January 8th, 2009 at 11:23 am said:

well a bunch of people wanted poker. guess you will have it soon lol

PAGE 1 2 3