PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

CES 2009: Resistance Retribution Release Date & Latest Trailer Revealed

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jan 09, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Let’s get the big news out of the way: The Resistance goes portable on March 17th!

That’s the day you’ll be able to take on the Chimera on the road, with Resistance Retribution for PSP. Want to liberate Europe from the comfort of your living room? Retribution packs a number of never-before-seen features that allow you to play bring the game home, playing on your home TV and with a DualShock 3 controller.

I caught up with SCEA Bend’s John Garvin right before his Consumer Electronics Show presentation, where he shared details on Resistance Retribution/Resistance 2 interoperability, and debuted the new trailer for the game.

57 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ BZKlint on January 9th, 2009 at 4:08 pm said:

Gonna “borrow” my cousins PSP to play this! :D

+ BZKlint on January 9th, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

Oh, and FIRST!!!!11!

+ matheaks on January 9th, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

I WANT THIS GAME!

btw, is there online play?

+ GGCAN on January 9th, 2009 at 4:18 pm said:

Wow !

I don’t have a PSP just yet, but you know…this just may be the buying factor.

I like the infecting the PSP from the PS3 for game play.

Support like this for both the PS3 and PSP having the ability to play a game would sell both I think.

Keep up the great work.

+ XxBigP123xX on January 9th, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

PSN release on some day please!

+ XxBigP123xX on January 9th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

Same day*

+ LokeSTL on January 9th, 2009 at 4:24 pm said:

When does the update for me to play my existing library of PSP games through the PSP come out…you know….without having to buy this game that I’m totally not interested in?

+ BZKlint on January 9th, 2009 at 4:26 pm said:

I’m lovin the new reply feature btw.

I just went back to the 20K Capcom Spamfest and it has 553 replies :P

+ DrBingogh on January 9th, 2009 at 4:28 pm said:

Nice! This looks like fun. Wish I had a slim now.

+ PyroJack on January 9th, 2009 at 4:31 pm said:

To get all the features that you get when you link the Resistance Retribution to R2( such as being able to use the Dualshock 3 controller ) will the psp-1000 work?

I have to bad feeling the the answer is going to be no.

+ BZKlint on January 9th, 2009 at 4:31 pm said:

(another btw)

What’s with the sudden explosion of PSB posts? I can barely keep up! D:

j/k

I like the activity :P

+ lowhonor on January 9th, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

definitely will be getting this…

here’s hoping for more psp exposure on the blog on top of ps3 news…

both my units need new information (especially the psp)

+ BZKlint on January 9th, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

(even another btw)

Who moderates our posts when we include links? Is it you guys? And if so can we force you to read our posts by linking to http://www.google.com or something?

+ crystalx3d on January 9th, 2009 at 4:33 pm said:

So the psp+ feature just lets the ps3 act as a controller right? The actual video still comes out of the psp if you have a 2000 or 3000 model and the proper cables (as opposed to video coming out of the ps3)?

+ omarkh92 on January 9th, 2009 at 4:36 pm said:

Thanks alot Jeff for the wonderful news !!
I’m gonna be pre-ordering so I’m getting the demo soon and I really cant wait !!

+ kspraydad on January 9th, 2009 at 4:38 pm said:

Why USB to ‘infect’ the PSP?

The PS3 and PSP both have a common PSN logon id….thus…

If I’ve played R2 on my PS3 I should be able to ‘infect’ my PSP wirelessly where ever I am as the PSN would be aware that I’ve played the PS3 game…seems annoying that I can only infect a portable game while at home.

Or am I misunderstanding something here.

+ kspraydad on January 9th, 2009 at 4:40 pm said:

@10

PSP 1000 doesn’t have video out…so case closed on that one.

+ Neil on January 9th, 2009 at 4:40 pm said:

The new gameplay mechanics/weapons sounds great when you connect R2 and Retribution. I hope to see more games use this feature in 09.

+ NathanJ on January 9th, 2009 at 4:57 pm said:

I don’t think I can take it anymore.

Absolutely loving Suikoden – 10 hours in.
Still working on Patapon’s later levels
Halfway through the amazing PSP Killzone
Haven’t started Crisis Core yet
Still playing quick games of Echochrome and Loco Roco
Still need to pick up God of War for the PSP

And now this amazing game and Loco Roco 2 are about to come out.

+ DARK_JAK_911 on January 9th, 2009 at 5:05 pm said:

What’s the release date?
I didn’t hear this mentioned anywhere in this entire post and video.

+ EricJensen on January 9th, 2009 at 5:21 pm said:

@10 PSP-1000 will work with ALL features except for plugging into your TV.

+ NathanJ on January 9th, 2009 at 5:22 pm said:

March 17th

+ LokeSTL on January 9th, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

@16

They are allowing the feature to those who have a copy of both games as a “bonus”. Allowing it to work only when the two games communicate is a way of verifying that you have both in your posession. Otherwise you could just borrow the game from a friend, make a gamesave, and never actually own both games to have continuous use of the feature. It’s a dirty little marketing tool to get you to buy both games.

+ erico316 on January 9th, 2009 at 6:02 pm said:

so ween need to have the video out wires 2 play it on the tv or will simply connecting the psp 2 ps3 do it?

+ Vonbane on January 9th, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

So is Retribution going to be released on UMD only, or will it be available for download on the PSN store?

+ NewYork214 on January 9th, 2009 at 6:18 pm said:

weird question but did you lose weight jeff? you look different but im not 100% sure whats different lol.

+ VenomX on January 9th, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

Day 1 purchase. Can’t wait to play it.

+ Clinton514 on January 9th, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

Nice, must have for me.

+ C-h-a-o-s on January 9th, 2009 at 6:38 pm said:

I can’t wait for this when it comes to shooters Sony Bend is top notch I loved what they did with my favorite series Syphon Filter, I can’t wait to play Resistance Retribution nor infect my PSP. Although I do wish it would stay infected and not just end when the PSP powered off :(

+ Money1 on January 9th, 2009 at 6:48 pm said:

must buy…can’t resist

+ jazzyrider on January 9th, 2009 at 6:48 pm said:

Very cool! Wish we could see more great PSP games come out regularly but also start to push the boundaries and take the PS3 + PSP to whole new level!

+ P_tear_griffin on January 9th, 2009 at 6:56 pm said:

I’m sold!

+ blindrocket on January 9th, 2009 at 6:57 pm said:

Definitely a game I will play once I have a PSP.

+ Renck on January 9th, 2009 at 7:09 pm said:

I am totally in!

+ Jim777 on January 9th, 2009 at 7:25 pm said:

Can’t wait! This is gonna be amazing

+ zakir8 on January 9th, 2009 at 7:41 pm said:

I can’t wait for PSP GPS to come out this year.

+ DG on January 9th, 2009 at 8:16 pm said:

I can not wait. I really need a new PSP game. All the better that it’s a Resistance game.

+ gold5225 on January 9th, 2009 at 8:43 pm said:

Oh Jeff and Who ever Else from Sony Reading this Are we gonna ever see some Killzone 2 Advertisements on TV I find it unbelievable that their are no Killzone 2 advertisements on TV yet i find it upsetting i know i am getting this game but a bunch of people i know who i have told about it have never heard of it yet i have them phyced up for it none the less i just wanna see some Killzone 2 TV advertisements.

Please respond i need to know :)

Oh and this PSP Resistance game looks sweet.

+ POETICDRINK2U on January 9th, 2009 at 9:50 pm said:

Great job EA! I hope Fight Night Round 4 has a spectator mode that fits into the plans for this.

+ remanutd on January 9th, 2009 at 10:21 pm said:

day 1 buy, HUGE Resistance fan here

+ blkant on January 9th, 2009 at 10:39 pm said:

Looks 1000x better than R2. Maybe even on par with R:FoM. Great work guys :)

+ WHAT on January 9th, 2009 at 11:28 pm said:

First Tom Hanks and now Drew Carey.

+ FlareSkull on January 9th, 2009 at 11:36 pm said:

I’m totally getting this game with a PSP for my birthday wooo!! Sony Rules!!!! MY PSN ID is the same as my username add me if u have LBP H4H hey Jeff do you have LBP?

+ FlareSkull on January 9th, 2009 at 11:36 pm said:

and how do you change your picture

+ frostquake on January 10th, 2009 at 1:36 am said:

Can not wait for this,will be picking up day one. Would be great if a demo was available on the PSN. I hope other companies look at all they can do with the PSP, and with the PSP being used on the PS3. The release library for the PSP 2009 would make a skeleton look fat! I love my PSP….but I really wonder why it is still being treated like a gimmick instead of a serious gaming device?

+ RatchetFanatic on January 10th, 2009 at 4:13 am said:

it ain’t comin to PSN, so go buy a PSP, you hobos.

+ EViD on January 10th, 2009 at 5:26 am said:

I’m a big Resistance fan and very excited about this one.

On another note, Jeff, could you post something about the PS3 3D Demo (aka RealD PS3)?

+ lakaihigh on January 10th, 2009 at 7:08 am said:

this looks and sounds so sick. i cannot wait to play this!

thanks,
Lh

+ sneakattack28 on January 10th, 2009 at 10:10 am said:

WTF? why does Europe get a killzone 2 bundle and not the u.s. Now thats bogus

+ KazeEternal on January 10th, 2009 at 11:58 am said:

Ok Infected mode is BS. For as long as I don’t shut my PSP off.. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? Do you not understand that the PSP is a PORTABLE SYSTEM. I want to be in infected mode after I get done listening to my music on the way to class (a 45 minute trip mind you) and be playing between classes. That’s all I ask. I don’t have a PS3 at my disposal at UCF to pop in resistance 2 just so I can play RR with infected mode. You might as well have released the game for PS3 if you’re going ot pull that nonsense.

PAGE 1 2