Uncharted 4

CES 2009: Resistance Retribution Release Date & Latest Trailer Revealed

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jan 09, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Let’s get the big news out of the way: The Resistance goes portable on March 17th!

That’s the day you’ll be able to take on the Chimera on the road, with Resistance Retribution for PSP. Want to liberate Europe from the comfort of your living room? Retribution packs a number of never-before-seen features that allow you to play bring the game home, playing on your home TV and with a DualShock 3 controller.

I caught up with SCEA Bend’s John Garvin right before his Consumer Electronics Show presentation, where he shared details on Resistance Retribution/Resistance 2 interoperability, and debuted the new trailer for the game.

57 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ PullusPardus on January 10th, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

im i the only one that loves the Siren sound thats always on the Resistance logo? i think its very awesome

+ Snack_Eeter on January 10th, 2009 at 5:36 pm said:

I would imagine this game has online play…

This game is off the hook! Just finished with part 2 and I want to play this!

(Rock over London, rock on Chicago! Wheaties! Breakfast of champions!)

+ Letters2Kay on January 11th, 2009 at 12:20 am said:

I was really excited for R2 and Retribution, but now I’m not sure if I’ll pick up the PSP entry. See, I didn’t really like R2 very much (Insomniac’s been playing WAAAY too much Gears), so after I finished it, I traded it in. I was still excited for Retribution until I read all this. Now, without a copy of R2, I feel like I’ll be getting a gimped game and missing out on a huge portion of what I’d be paying for on the disc. It sucks the excitment right out of the whole affair when there’s all this great content I won’t be able to access since (even though I purchased and completed it) I didn’t enjoy R2 enough to keep it. Now instead of preordering the title and paying full price on day one (like I did with R2) I think I’ll just wait and read the reviews and purchase cautiously… if it’s THAT good. I don’t know, I guess I’m just really turned off by this whole idea and just not excited about the game anymore… :(

+ Letters2Kay on January 11th, 2009 at 4:29 am said:

@ KazeEternal (#50)

Use the PSP’s Standby mode (I hardly ever actually power off my unit) and everything should be alright for you, wherever you take it…

@ RatchetFanatic (#46)

The post before your’s was asking if there’d be a PSP demo on the PSN, not a PS3 version of the PSP title. There are PSP demos on the PSN, you know- and the PSN Store is accessible directly via PSP!

+ joel on January 11th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

Im getting this game for sure!

+ Kamahl on January 12th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

nice, cant wait for it :D

+ LUGOVES on January 15th, 2009 at 4:59 am said:

Jeff, I got my code from Amazon today [For the Pre-release bonus Demo] When is that available for download? My code doesn’t appear ‘valid’ yet. Anyway you can work-in a shout out, or point me in the right direction?

PAGE 1 2