PS4-Watch_Dogs

CES 2009: Killzone 2 Interview

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jan 13, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

By now, I’m sure you’ve seen some of the overwhelmingly positive impressions of Killzone 2 from the 2009 Consumer Electronics Show. Shortly after his CES presentation, I tracked down Hermen Hulst, Managing Director and co-founder of KZ2 developer Guerrilla Games. We talked hit response physics, the unusual background of some of the KZ2 team, and that awesome video that was shown. Take a look:

Once again, Killzone 2 hits North American shores on February 27th. Preorder bonuses going on now.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ headshot092 on January 14th, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

Only gripe is no coop, really wish you and your buddies could go up against the helghast. But other than that, looks like a beastly game, gonna be a day 1 game for me graphics are amazing and multiplayer will own. Quick question though, when are vehicles being added to multiplayer and which ones will be in it

+ Squamden on January 14th, 2009 at 7:28 pm said:

I have a quick question, will there be any sort of split-screen? I find that the online shooters I play the most have split-screen and the option to bring in a guest, as I like to play video games with my friends when they come over.

+ blindrocket on January 14th, 2009 at 8:37 pm said:

I already have this bad boy preordered. :)

+ hellz_gamer on January 14th, 2009 at 9:25 pm said:

OMFG NO CO-OP u guys lied and said their would be 4 player co-op, will their be split-screen or are u guys gonna dissapoint me again, i wanna play online with my friends!!!!!!!

+ PS3Danny on January 15th, 2009 at 2:45 am said:

Dear Mr. Jeff Rubenstein

This is my first time on playstation blog :)

I have a question …

is possible for SCE and the internal development team Guerrilla games, develop a sort of middleware like UnrealEngine from development kit of killzone2 ?

killzone 2 is the perfect game to demonstrate the use of PSP with PS3 title
one example is: the psp connected with ps3 and Online multiplayer mode of Killzone2, the PSP could be used as a GPS to locate the enemy at short range

Another example for Single player campain mode for Killzone2 :
PSP remote screen with Equipment & Weapons on screen.

Another Game is LittleBigPlanet:
Psp use to customize your sackboy outside home or a minieditor to create the basis for a level that will be finished with ps3.

Playstation Blog is the right place to do these questions?

I thank you again for having a machine like the PS3 to my house and a games like Killzone2..

many thanks..
I apologize if my English is not very clear

+ Dante989 on January 15th, 2009 at 7:36 am said:

You guys should edit the BALLET OF BULLETS (make it viewable for the public) commercial and make it a commercial during the Super Bowl to kick off a HUGE advertising campaign for KZ2

+ LCaruana on January 15th, 2009 at 2:06 pm said:

Hey Jeff, Please let us know if Sony plans any KZ2 Launch events in NYC (Similar to MGS4). If not I’ll need to pre-order from Amazon. :-) In the mean time I’ll be anxiously awaiting the KZ2 release date.

+ singhjeet29 on January 16th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

Why would you not make a Collectors Edition? I mean it would be more money in your pockets? The CE stuff is never actually worth the extra 20 bucks, but I’m sure if you made it worth while you could get enough sales and more money to you guys.

And to be honest the game is basically finished with a few touch ups you guys are doing here and there (with a month left before you guys mass produce package and send the game off), and that doesn’t require everyone of your dev’s. Steelbook + Soundtrack + Art Book + Poster + T-shirt or something ( I assume an Action figure would had to have been started a long time ago) + Blu-ray full of bonus video’s or making of etc. And you can package that for 80 … I’m surprised you guys aren’t trying to cash in on this.

+ Dew87 on January 19th, 2009 at 1:04 pm said:

No advertising for this game, no collector’s edition. Sony, it’s like you guys want this game to fail. So what if GG wants to put more effort in the game itself, hire some extra people, do whatever it takes to maximise the potential sales for this game. No wonder PS3 is so far behind this generation. You can’t even market good game properly which can make you so much more money in return.

+ Azuske on January 19th, 2009 at 9:01 pm said:

I preordered KZ2 so add me if anyone wants 2 play once released

+ The_Klaw on January 20th, 2009 at 7:44 am said:

KZ2 is one of my most anticipated games this year!

+ areutheone2 on January 20th, 2009 at 10:49 am said:

Man,this looks awesome!
can’t wait for killzone 2!!!

And,as for the collectors edition i dont
think there is any but there are ps3 bundles
with k2.

+ bigdaddyjane on January 20th, 2009 at 11:50 am said:

Killzone 2 is going to be great.

+ Tishe on January 20th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

i want this game so bad

+ Agent_Muffinman on January 20th, 2009 at 5:13 pm said:

I’m hoping that this game will convince some of those Xbots to sell their paperweight of a console on Ebay and buy a PS3!

NOTE TO SONY:
Take the advice from the people, advertise this during the Superbowl, if not on normal TV times. Sports fans LOVE video games, but they tend not to look for what’s new or coming out. I don’t know whether the “Bullet Ballet” or the “Someone forgot to tell the Helghast” video would be best… just take heed to our words and make the smart move. After all, isn’t a million or so just a drop in the bucket for you guys?

+ GDeskm on January 20th, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

This game will be the best game in the world !

+ B_ONTIVEROZ1979 on January 20th, 2009 at 6:48 pm said:

cant wait till this game comes out already got the pre-order and waiting for the demo release. see y’all there

+ MakasuUS on January 21st, 2009 at 7:42 am said:

EPIC KZ2 countdown clock @ http://www.vgwatchdog.com :)

+ obliterator77 on January 21st, 2009 at 8:30 am said:

Honestly cannot wait for this game am soo excited!!
Just wish there was a collectors edition…

+ MichaelEF on January 21st, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

In a way, I feel sorry to say this to Guerrila Games and SCE, but the fact that I have seen nothing on Co-op (multiplayer STORY) means I will only be getting one copy of this game. Sadly, the fact that games like Call of Duty 5 have the campaign in multiplayer meant that they sold me two copies. While games that are 100 fold better than those (like KILLZONE 2) means, I will like it better, but only buy 1. Having two HDTV’s and 2 PS3′s it’s hard to find something worth purchasing twice if there’s no campaign on it that I can play with my non-gamer family/friends.

This game is going to be great regardless, I just won’t get two copies.

+ Jaymanx on January 21st, 2009 at 2:02 pm said:

GODLY

+ Elite_Ford on January 22nd, 2009 at 7:35 pm said:

how do u become a game tester? plz.plz reply

+ DUDEyourdead on January 25th, 2009 at 6:01 pm said:

My god this game looks amazing I have been dieing for it to come out already, but I reserved it at game stop, so i get to play the demo on Febuary 5th, cant wait. I think i wont need to buy anymore games after this one. (But I probably will)

+ rajKennedy on January 27th, 2009 at 2:35 pm said:

If you look down in this game, will you be able to see feet? Or will you be another “walking gun?”

+ bubit13 on January 28th, 2009 at 9:44 pm said:

Hey Jeff how do you get your job? (Cuz it is so awesome to do that for a living)=)\

+ bubit13 on January 28th, 2009 at 9:47 pm said:

Please reply if its not asking too much and not to be off topic but Killzone 2 looks AWESOME! =)

+ s1pace on January 30th, 2009 at 4:53 am said:

nice man

+ Strangerer on January 31st, 2009 at 1:40 am said:

Europe are getting a semi Collctors Edition, metal case, with very little if nothing in the way of extra content. http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettagli&codart=PS3KI00&n=Killzone

PAGE 1 2 3 4