We are looking for up to 3 talented LittleBigPlanet creators to join us next week for the X-GAMES (1/22-1/25) in Aspen, Colorado to create one of a kind levels side by side with real Winter X Games athletes (Not a bad way to kick off 2009!). So if you can build some great LBP levels and have a way to meet us in Colorado, this might be up your alley. All you will need to do is meet us in Aspen next Tuesday and dedicate a few hours of your time and LBP creative juices and you will be rewarded.
Selected creators will score the following:
- Upgraded experience at Winter X Games
- A chance to meet and work with a Winter X Games athlete to help them design a LBP level for posting
- Signed Merchandise
- PS prize pack which includes PS backpack, hoodie and more!
Ok, the requirements (see below for official contest rules):
- 1) You need to be 18 Years or older
2) You will need your own transportation and accommodations
3) You need to be a skilled LittleBigPlanet creator to help make levels with Winter X Games athletes
4) You will need to meet us in Aspen the morning of Tuesday, January 20th and be available all day for LBP Level Creation Goodness
So if you interested in applying for this great gig, send an email and give us the following info:
- PSN ID:
- PHONE NUMBER:
- NAMES OF CURRENT ONLINE LEVELS YOU HAVE CREATED:
- VIDEO LINKS TO LEVELS YOU HAVE CREATED:
We will review all the respondents and check out their work. If you fit the bill we will contact you and fill you in on all the rest of the details.
Thanks in advance and good luck to all those who are interested!
See you in Colorado!
For those that can’t be there, be sure to watch Winter X Games 13 in Aspen, Colorado January 22 – 25 on ESPN and ABC.
LittleBigPlanet – X Games 13 2009 Contest
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited. To enter, send an e-mail to email@example.com. E-mail must contain the following:
(1) Your name;
(2) Your PSN ID;
(4) Return e-mail address;
(5) Telephone number; and
(6) Names of current LittleBigPlanet on line levels you have created.
To be valid, entries must be received no later than January 19, 2009 at 11:59 a.m. (PST). Limit one entry per person and e-mail address. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. Sponsor and their agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend the electronic portion of this Contest should virus, bugs or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest and to award prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to action taken by Sponsor. Automated entries are prohibited and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his/her Contest entries) who tampers with the entry process. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an electronic entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder” person in whose name the email account is registered, provided that person meets all eligibility criteria set forth in the Eligibility section of these Official Rules. “Authorized Account Holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrant. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules will be automatically disqualified.
2. PRIZES: Grand Prize: Three (3) Grand Prize Winners will receive;
- VIP passes to Winter X Games 13 (January 22 – January 25, 2009) which includes access to VIP viewing stands, VIP tents and VIP transportation around the Winter X Games area.
- Design a LittleBigPlanet level with an X Games athlete on January 20, 2009.
- Autographed merchandise
- PlayStation prize package which includes backpack, hoodie and more.
** Winner must be available to meet the X Games Athlete at the Hotel Jerome, 330 East Main Street, Aspen, CO 81611 on January 20, 2009 from 9:00am (MST) to 9:00pm (MST) to meet the X Game Athlete and to design and publish the LittleBigPlanet level.
Approximate retail value, $1575.00. Prize will be forfeited if winner is unable to travel or be present in Aspen, CO during designated time period. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of transportation arranged by winner. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the sole responsibility of winner.
3. WINNERS: Winners will be determined by the Sponsor. Sponsor will review submitted LittleBigPlanet levels and select three (3) qualifying winners based on an ability to demonstrate knowledge of the LittleBigPlanet create tools as well as overall creativity of the level. Submitted levels must comply with the LittleBigPlanet End User License Agreement (“EULA”) as well as the PlayStation Network Terms of Service (“PSNTOS”). Any submitted level that does not comply with the EULA and PSNTOS will be disqualified. Selection of winners will be held on January 19, 2009. Winners will be notified by e-mail and telephone.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on number of valid entries received.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older and who will be in the Aspen, Colorado area between January 20, 2009 and January 25, 2009. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. All unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within one (1) day of prize notification. Failure to return Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within 1 day of receipt will result in forfeiture of entire prize pack and an alternate winner will be selected among remaining eligible entrants. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets Prize is not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. No substitution for the prize by the winner will be allowed. If necessary, due to unavailability of the prize for any reason, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All Federal, state and local tax liabilities are the responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) for the Sponsors to use the winner’s name, likeness, biography, statements, and any other similar materials for marketing, promotional and publicity purposes without additional compensation or any limitation. Additionally, by acceptance of prize, prize winners agree to release Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating, and /or traveling to any prize-related activity. Employees of the Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this Contest. Neither the Sponsors nor its affiliates, subsidiaries, division or related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes, or expenses that winners might incur as result of this Contest or receipt of prize.
6. WINNER LIST: To obtain names of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to LittleBigPlanet X Games 2009 Contest Attn: Promotions, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd. 2nd Floor Foster City, CA 94404. Grand prize winner’s name request will be fulfilled within four weeks after Grand Prize has been awarded. Requests for winner list must be received by July 30, 2006.
7. RESTRICTIONS: Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
8. SPONSOR: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd, Foster City, CA 94404