PS4 - Transistor

PSP 5.03 Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Jan 19, 2009 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Hi, everyone, I wanted to give you a quick heads up that a new PSP firmware update, v5.03, will be released soon. This is a small update that improves system software stability during use of some features.

277 Comments

+ OPTION_NINE on January 19th, 2009 at 11:12 pm said:

So much to do and so little time :(

+ InfinitiProject on January 19th, 2009 at 11:12 pm said:

@99
Enthusiasts (not hackers) are NOT making money from this. Those batteries and magic memory sticks you see for sale? Those are nothing but files that communities put together but people abuse it by selling them.

100th

+ masteratt on January 19th, 2009 at 11:28 pm said:

“Hey guys update coming lulz tnx baiz!”

Wtf….A LITTLE bit more detail please? lol

+ ivionos on January 19th, 2009 at 11:33 pm said:

the psp scene is dead

+ InfinitiProject on January 19th, 2009 at 11:52 pm said:

Post 104: Obvious post is coming from someone who was either late joining and bought an unhackable PSP or doesn’t have one at all.

The scene is far from dead.

+ C-h-a-o-s on January 20th, 2009 at 12:03 am said:

@39 – Marusame

I don’t want custom firmware if I did I would have it already and the screenshot taker but since I don’t I am requesting that something similar be made OFFICIALLY.

+ Wolf26pack on January 20th, 2009 at 12:09 am said:

Too All that are hoping for better PS3/PSN Intergration with the PSP

I truly feel that Sony underestimated both the PSP & PS3 when it comes to memory installed in both systems & I don’t think that until we get a PSP 2 will we see the the true interaction between the two systems (PSP 2 & PS3). Although I hope that Sony also thinks ahead about the interaction between the PSP 2 & the PS4 so as to not make the same mistake I believe that made this time.

I would think that the memory for the new handheld & console would be like this…

PSP 2 = 1GB – 2GB of Memory Minimum
PS4 = 2GB – 4GB of Memory Minimum

I mean new consumer PC’s now on average run 4GB of memory and it is just plain sense that the more memory you put on board the easier it will be for developers to flex there programming muscle and use all the great features you will add in firmware updates.

I just wish us PSP 1000 owners could send our PSP’s into Sony for a Memory & AV output upgrade for a small fee, If we wanted to. Although I know that’s never going to happen.

+ darkedgex on January 20th, 2009 at 12:38 am said:

Yeah, no doubt they missed the boat when they configured the memory in these systems. Way too low. More memory probably would have made Home work better and the XMB be more responsive/capable when used in-game.

+ NevilleThegame on January 20th, 2009 at 2:29 am said:

PSP = Ingame music and Flash Support
PS3= Universal Ingame music meaning i can play music at anytime. The music plays the next folder.

+ francision on January 20th, 2009 at 3:01 am said:

Just another security update I guess?

+ vanace on January 20th, 2009 at 3:14 am said:

please ability to use voice chat during ps3 remote control.

thanks

+ rAdIOhEaD73 on January 20th, 2009 at 5:22 am said:

Interesting…

+ kipper18 on January 20th, 2009 at 5:22 am said:

It’s a new quarter, time for another big PS3 update.

+ filthyvillain on January 20th, 2009 at 5:26 am said:

I’m curious to see how Sony will maximize the PS3 through firmware updates as they have really transformed the PSP over time.

+ TheGraciousOne on January 20th, 2009 at 5:27 am said:

?!

+ Evildude on January 20th, 2009 at 5:31 am said:

Cool now we can use our very own PSN ID’s. GOOD BYE TROLLS go and hate on the PS3 somewhere else

+ fukdupfukup666 on January 20th, 2009 at 5:36 am said:

hey how bout having the wma avalable on the website for those who DONT have wlan make it easier for some people

+ Fersis on January 20th, 2009 at 5:46 am said:

PSN ID login FTW !

+ VenomUK on January 20th, 2009 at 5:46 am said:

PSN Sign-in!

I’ve been coming here since launch, but Im so happy to be able to log in with my PS3 account. It’s great to see how the blog and the PSN is improving. We all kept asking for in-game XMB & Trophies and Sony delivered. How about a feature request page? Let me start you off

* PC to PS3 messaging

* PS3 cross-game invites

* PS3 voice messages

* See friend’s Home Avatars (ala Xbox)

* Trophy/PSN card updated live for display on web.

Thanks & Congrats!

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on January 20th, 2009 at 5:53 am said:

PSN SIGN IN!

+ JordanBlack68 on January 20th, 2009 at 5:53 am said:

Cool PSN Intergration

+ fed315 on January 20th, 2009 at 5:53 am said:

cool

+ paul-p1988 on January 20th, 2009 at 5:53 am said:

just thought i would try out the new PSN integration lol.

good news, i’ll update it when it comes out :)

+ LilSilva on January 20th, 2009 at 5:58 am said:

so your saying the psp could crash?!?!?!?

Your system is experiencing Technical difficulties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
error error 10101010101010102283737

+ Yaminoshyuen on January 20th, 2009 at 6:03 am said:

YEA i is on…. but yea… i do wish for screencapping…. it is awesome…

and more features for both the psp and the ps3 would be awesome….

and like for the trophies, i know there are one that susposidly arnt getting them… but like for DMC 4 why couldn’t you take the system that is there for those trophies and just apply the bronze silver and gold to them… it is already there why not just do that… as a suggestion.

but can’t wait for LBP update espically Sack-a-roth…. i would love to see FF inspired stuff and levels

+ LilSilva on January 20th, 2009 at 6:04 am said:

error error

system overload!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ LilSilva on January 20th, 2009 at 6:06 am said:

sorry just had to do that

+ Enforcer_X on January 20th, 2009 at 6:12 am said:

Funny, no firmware updates with new features for a while but as soon as news hits of the PSP 3000 being cracked a new firmware for PSP pops up.

I want the PSP 2 already. Little dual analog action, integrated PSN friends list, etc.

+ Stallone on January 20th, 2009 at 6:17 am said:

w00t PSN TIME!

+ Stallone on January 20th, 2009 at 6:18 am said:

Wait why does it still show my old name?!

+ feedme on January 20th, 2009 at 6:23 am said:

thanks for the update. I do hope there is going to be a more substantial update for both psp/ps3 in the near future

+ darkclouds01 on January 20th, 2009 at 6:26 am said:

Thats kool. but what about ps3 update??
- What about in-game music
- internet radio
- community boards
- ps3 home character on xmb
- battery meter from ontop of the clock,
- free navigation without closing certain instances
- a sleep mode with active downloads running
- better interaction and information about friend (male or female)

and so much more….

+ Arkay on January 20th, 2009 at 6:31 am said:

Its still too bad no skype on psp1000 :( Us early adapters that gave you money to work with didn’t get much

+ Xtcent on January 20th, 2009 at 6:34 am said:

Im only patching up exploits if you add some awsome funcionality :P :P :P

+ psFAN4LIFE on January 20th, 2009 at 6:35 am said:

Will you people stop asking for a PS3 update!!! My PS3 works perfect and i don’t want to go through another update NIGHTMARE!

+ scorpio on January 20th, 2009 at 6:35 am said:

Thanks….

+ neo_bahamut on January 20th, 2009 at 6:41 am said:

thanks for the news!

+ theycallmeryan on January 20th, 2009 at 6:43 am said:

Can we have another PS3 update please Eric? We all want in-game music, in-game voice and video chats, etc. I spend some time on GameSpot’s forums and other places around the web, as I’m sure you do too. Even if you’re not releasing an update soon, can you do a blog post sayibg the features and/or the release date? Please, if one’s coming, tell us!

+ Xtcent on January 20th, 2009 at 6:47 am said:

Some explanationss why sony arent adding any funcionality!
1. They are [DELETED]!
2. They might be afraid of new exploits!
3. They are too lasy to add them!
4. There’s no point of it for them!
5. No avi support so we wont watch free movies!
6. They tink its already great!
7. They never do any promises.
8. There’s skype only for psp 3000 becouse so none buys older models of psp.(That are hackable)
9. I hope psp 3000 gets hacked so we can have a lot more funcionality plus then psp 4000 will have more funcionality.!

+ fed315 on January 20th, 2009 at 6:52 am said:

dont kno what i did but my name is not the same name with my psn id it stayed the same name i us to logge in the ps blog. plz help me jeff

+ XxBigP123xX on January 20th, 2009 at 7:01 am said:

Looks like the PSN ID log in in is on now :D

+ pgharavi on January 20th, 2009 at 7:08 am said:

Any news on a PS3 update?

+ the_icon on January 20th, 2009 at 7:10 am said:

Wohoo, first one to msg with the new sign-in!

+ thingg on January 20th, 2009 at 7:12 am said:

@lilSilva
get a life….

also, this is my first post using my PSN account!! Woot!

+ Drunk Vegan on January 20th, 2009 at 7:12 am said:

Arkay:

They’re never going to release Skype for the PSP-1000 through official firmware.

If you want VOIP on your PSP you should use the homebrew program Furikup. It actually works better than Skype IMO.

+ thingg on January 20th, 2009 at 7:13 am said:

sweet. I still have my old username. Thanks guys! I wasn’t expecting that…

+ Zta on January 20th, 2009 at 7:15 am said:

Sony, please add text and video chat to PSP Skype. Also add PSP-PS3 chat or even better: a decent Skype client to PS3.

+ Aaron on January 20th, 2009 at 7:20 am said:

Awesome! Keep up the great work on keeping out those homebrewer hackers.

+ X7TIGER on January 20th, 2009 at 7:23 am said:

just release divx support already!

+ drepsx3 on January 20th, 2009 at 7:28 am said: