PS4 - Transistor

New BUZZ! Content Hits PlayStation Network

Jenny Barbour's Avatar + Posted by Jenny Barbour on Jan 20, 2009 // Associate Producer

Today is the 56th U.S. Presidential Inauguration, and a good cause for showing your American pride. We’re going to help you get in the spirit with the release of the new BUZZ! Quiz TV American Culture Quiz Pack on PlayStation Network this Thursday, January 22.

BUZZ! Quiz TV American Culture logo

The American Culture Quiz Pack is bursting with over 500 new questions covering everything from national history to U.S. icons and is a great addition to your BUZZ! Quiz TV question library. With the inauguration today, and President’s Day just around the corner, the American Culture Quiz Pack is a perfect way to help you get your national pride on with questions like this:

BUZZ! Quiz TV American Culture screenshot

Other examples include:

HOW DID 2008 PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE BARACK OBAMA ANNOUNCE HIS RUNNING MATE?
*VOICE MAIL
*EMAIL BULLETIN
*SKY WRITING
*TEXT MESSAGE

WHICH AMERICAN CHOCOLATE BAR MADE ITS MARKET DEBUT IN 1900?
*NESTLE CRUNCH
*SNICKERS
*HERSHEY BAR
*KIT-KAT

WHICH VIRGINIA COLONY WAS THE FIRST SETTLEMENT IN THE COLONIAL UNITED STATES?
*WILLIAMSBURG
*JAMESTOWN
*THOMASVILLE
*BILLYBORO

If you’re looking for even more downloadable BUZZ! action, you’re in luck! The last PlayStation Store update included a demo for BUZZ! Master Quiz on PlayStation Portable and in February, for the first time ever, you will be able to download a pack of five of the best BUZZ! Jr.: Jungle Party mini-games via the PlayStation Network. We’ll be introducing more BUZZ! Jr. titles on PlayStation Network in the future, so stay tuned for more ways to build upon your family gaming library.

That’s all for now, but keep your eyes peeled for more BUZZ! news coming soon to the PlayStation Blog.

PAGE 1 2

+ mywhitenoise on January 20th, 2009 at 2:14 pm said:

@SouthWoodS

I’m glad the majority of this country didn’t vote the way you did. I strongly believe if you voted for McCain/Palin, it was because you’re a racist…or just dumb.
Obama = Harvard alumni who has his head firmly on his shoulders.
McCain = War hungry, senile man who appointed a joke for his running mate…my mother would be a better candidate than Palin.

+ AzureFusion on January 20th, 2009 at 2:17 pm said:

Someone answer this please.

How do game add-ons work, that way when I download them I know what to do.

Jenny Barbour's Avatar

+ Jenny Barbour on January 20th, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

These quiz packs will install directly into your game in the appropriate channel (Movies & TV, Lifestyle, etc.). American Culture will install in the Brainiac channel.

+ Parapraxis on January 20th, 2009 at 2:17 pm said:

@ 50
Very good point.
I’d love for you to be able to choose # of rounds and then have the round types randomized.

+ Tball on January 20th, 2009 at 2:26 pm said:

Is the main game ever going to release on the PSN? This is a game that should be available on the machine. I don’t have it, but if it were a download I’d have it in a flash. Around my place when friends are over, we play pretty much all PSN games because we can change them so fast. It’s not lazy, it’s convienance. When 6 people are trying to decide on a game, it’s much nicer to just scroll one the XMB than argue about what disk to put in!

+ LouVelvet on January 20th, 2009 at 2:43 pm said:

@Rwarner174

I’ll school you in Buzz Quiz TV any day of the week.

+ TouchyEd on January 20th, 2009 at 2:48 pm said:

This game doesn’t really fit as a PSN downloadable game, because it requires players to have those buzzers.

(Oh…and having to sign in everytime I want to post something on the blog is frickin’ annoying).

+ liketoski on January 20th, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

Will you ever have a pack based on Playstation History? I would buy that asap by any means necessary!

+ Stoffinator on January 20th, 2009 at 2:53 pm said:

I just got Buzz for the PSP and love it a lot. Just wish they were made with categories, like movies, games, culture etc.

+ Carl on January 20th, 2009 at 2:55 pm said:

Booo Obama. I’m not racist. That guy just annoys the hell out of me. Just pleased i’m not american so i can just ignore him…

Anyway, it’s cool to see that you Americans will get a cool Buzz! pack about your history. They should do one about Britain…Oh wait, ours is crap.

+ MidgetguyII on January 20th, 2009 at 2:55 pm said:

Me and my family have been enjoying buzz ritually nearly every night! And I’ve been looking into purchasing some of these question packs… but, to be honest, the pricing seems like a little much… So I’ve held off for now…

But, I’ll probably eventually purchase a few question packs (definately the video game pack). I’m just REALLY hoping that the older ones get some sort of price cut or something, because I think they’re a little expensive right now…

+ MidgetguyII on January 20th, 2009 at 2:56 pm said:

Anyways, this pack seems cool! Thanks for your continued support for this game!

+ Stoffinator on January 20th, 2009 at 3:03 pm said:

Nice how people look at it “If you didn’t vote for Obama your racist” lol. They are all A’holes regardless of who you vote in.

+ KBV1 on January 20th, 2009 at 3:04 pm said:

Is this only appearing on the EU store also?

+ KBV1 on January 20th, 2009 at 3:05 pm said:

i mean.. is this ever appearing on the EU store?

D’oh!

+ big_hawk97 on January 20th, 2009 at 3:07 pm said:

Another pack of question I can do horribly on. That said, I still might buy it.

+ dark-night1990 on January 20th, 2009 at 3:22 pm said:

how much will this add-on cost

+ jqtaxpayer on January 20th, 2009 at 3:25 pm said:

It doesn’t say that Obama is the US’s 56th president… it just says it’s the 56th inauguration. Read more carefully people, there’s a big difference between the two.

Anyhow, so this is sortof like a US history / politics pack? Sounds like a win to me. Buzz definitely needs more packs that focus on things like history (US, European, world, ancient, art, etc) and other Jeopardy!-style topics. The pop culture packs like Comedy / Horror / Video Games are all well and good, but I tend to like trivia games that reflect real knowledge and not how much you’ve used your Netflix account.

Great game as is and I’m not trying to knock it, I’m just saying that I’d like to see more packs that are more scholastic in addition to the video games pack and such. It impresses company more that I possess a fairly intimate knowledge of various ancient cultures and civilizations. My substantially greater knowledge regarding the Super Mario Bros. is less impressive to them! ;-)

+ NEJI64 on January 20th, 2009 at 3:28 pm said:

@59 British apart of American history cant erase the part of history when George Washington and company kick the British ***. then had them Running across the Atlantic ocean back to the UK.

+ Darkos87 on January 20th, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

I’m sure UK will get this, because SCEE is so awesome

+ DJ_DTM on January 20th, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

I just create my own content and post it.. good for hours of fun and laughes for all those that look for it. so far I have a few thousand plays so I know some of you have already played on my stuff,

+ tha_con on January 20th, 2009 at 3:39 pm said:

Awesome, I’ve been itching for some new trivia goodness!

+ Daver on January 20th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

No answer at my problem with your game?
(see comment #6)

+ kandal978 on January 20th, 2009 at 3:48 pm said:

win win win psn! win sign in win win psn sign in win win

+ Darkos87 on January 20th, 2009 at 4:37 pm said:

@6 I’m afraid the game comes only in English, no french :(

+ ballandbiscuit on January 20th, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

Regardless how you voted, If you don’t wish the president to succeed in this uncharted tough times, then you are against America. The cynics need not apply to the cause of making America better.

+ Jackal888 on January 20th, 2009 at 5:05 pm said:

I love this game, my friends and I have a blast playing it and making up questions.

+ BusyManDan on January 20th, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

Great! Love Buzz will be buying that. My wife is a teacher she will love it.

+ stormtooper on January 20th, 2009 at 6:37 pm said:

@louvelvet

so you mean to tell me that the man that won the election and you may have voted for said we are UNITED, and it looks to me like you are promoting division.

this pack ought to be nice. i love history in general.

+ Watchmann on January 20th, 2009 at 6:46 pm said:

So, any chance of a Canadian Trivia pack come July 1st ….or whenever the coalition topples the government :)

+ THE_SPANIARD on January 20th, 2009 at 7:14 pm said:

I have to say the after release support of this game makes me happy! Multiplayer 1 console games are definetly the coolest and this game is no exception

~thanks for finally linking the PSN with the blog!

+ gmk218 on January 20th, 2009 at 9:52 pm said:

bring on more please every week if possible

+ Mr_Donut on January 20th, 2009 at 10:24 pm said:

american culture?

you mean like; “Who was the hipocritical president of the united states?”
a)Nixon
b)Lincoln
c)Gorge W.
d) All of the above!

THAT’S CORRECT! ITS… ALL OF THE ABOVE!
You get to do something very american! Steal what’s not yours!!! lol

I’m deffinately gonna buy this expansion…it goes so well with the culture I know… and love.

+ mgiusto on January 21st, 2009 at 6:42 am said:

LOL @everyone trying to correct the Blog’s statement of 56th INAUGURATION!!!

If a U.S. President serves 2 terms, he gets TWO inaugurations! Get it??? The number of Presidents does not HAVE TO equal the number of inaugurations. Also, in the few times that a U.S. President has died while in office, the person taking over as president had to be inaugurated as well. Add that all up and that is how you come up with 56 inaugurations and Obama becoming the 44th U.S. President.

Go Buzz!

+ StalkingSilence on January 21st, 2009 at 6:51 am said:

Probably will get the American Culture pack – you guys should add some trophies with new DLC like the other games. Any plans to do this?

Also, the Buzz! JR games might be cool – will they be standalone games or patched into a section of Buzz! Quiz TV?

+ zeke2040 on January 21st, 2009 at 8:05 am said:

this is great news for those peeps who have the buzz, extra content is always good, also it give you more playable of your games as well..

+ saintfighteraqua on January 21st, 2009 at 8:38 am said:

Very nice! I think it should have been a freebie though, in honor of the inauguration. ^^
I hope you guys will create some anime based quizzes soon.

+ Fel08 on January 21st, 2009 at 8:58 am said:

Got the game last week, and it was totally worth the money. Some friends came over yesterday, and we had a blast. Definitely getting this pack.

+ Ra-Ausar on January 21st, 2009 at 9:20 am said:

All right! I can’t wait to download this Buzz add-on.

+ motorhead85021 on January 21st, 2009 at 9:41 am said:

Jenny,

Maybe down the road, can you work on a couple quiz-packs of more harder questions? Buzz is a great game, but I have some jeopardy fanatic friends who I tried to turn on to Buzz, and when they saw questions like “Name the planets not in our solar system” (Krypton??) They were immediately turned off.

+ jonson on January 21st, 2009 at 10:32 am said:

I’ve got a fever, and the only cure is more trivia.

+ Exodus_Lang on January 21st, 2009 at 10:53 am said:

Great game, and this is tempting to pick up. I already have the videogames pack, and I think this one could be fun.

+ mlp69 on January 21st, 2009 at 5:15 pm said:

this is one of the better buzz quizes

+ StocDred on January 23rd, 2009 at 9:19 pm said:

Wait wait wait… what’s this Buzz Jr announcement? Like, we’ll be able to play downloadable ports of the PS2 kids games on our PS3 with the wireless Buzz Quiz TV controller?

+ Schnacky on January 28th, 2009 at 3:22 pm said:

I reviewed this add-on on VGChartz.com if anyone wants an opinion on this.

PAGE 1 2