PS4 - Destiny

Killzone 2 has gone Gold!

Mike Graham's Avatar + Posted by Mike Graham on Jan 21, 2009 // Producer, International Software Development

Hello again, I am very happy to announce that Killzone 2 has gone gold in North America! I couldn’t be more ecstatic with what the fine folks at Guerrilla have accomplished and we cannot wait to get this thing into your hands. Killzone 2 will be available on store shelves in the US on February 27th, 2009.

Killzone2-Packfront

Go pre-order your copy now and I’ll see you online come February 27th!

Cheers,
Mike

PAGE 1 2 3 4 9

+ BusyManDan on January 21st, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

Great news maybe the ps3 haters will take notice now. I have both systems and the box is collecting dust. Already traded gears 2. Can’t wait for this game the beta was fantastic!!!

+ jipmg on January 21st, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

PLEASE PUT A HUGE AD CAMPAIGN IT DESERVES IT.

Yes im getting killzone 2 =)

+ Severeon on January 21st, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

Cant wait!

+ achmetha on January 21st, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

woot! now feb. 5th needs to come so i can get my hands on the demo :D

+ kosluftar on January 21st, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

awesome, but just 1 thing, i was hoping that maybe you guys would announce a Special/Limited Edition with PS3 Headset, and than for sure I would pre-order it but now I’ll just wait till it releases and I’ll get it on Day1.

+ AJC3317 on January 21st, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

release it early!

+ Ankh-Morpork on January 21st, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

Nice! I’m guessing it’s the 27th here (Ireland) too as games always come on a Friday. I’ll pencil it in.

+ Atmospheres on January 21st, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

Can’t wait to play

+ Capt-Fury- on January 21st, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

cant wait…btw Mike, you gonna start blogging in here before the release?

Mike Graham's Avatar

+ Mike Graham on January 22nd, 2009 at 8:59 am said:

I\’ll try. We\’ve been working with the Guerrilla guys to get their perspective on the blog as well. And if you guys haven\’t seen a lot of the content yet, head over to killzone.com and check out some of the developer articles posted there!

+ Modus Operandi on January 21st, 2009 at 5:43 pm said:

Pre-ordered at Amazon!

CAN’T WAIT!! :D

+ JPMCH on January 21st, 2009 at 5:45 pm said:

Can’t wait for this Killzone 2 it’s awesome!!!

+ mikemustillo on January 21st, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

can’t wait !!!!!

+ poisonedsodapop on January 21st, 2009 at 5:48 pm said:

@5 Don’t play the demo cause then you might not like it and not buy it? Isn’t that the point of a demo? XD

This doesn’t look like my kind of game but people are super excited about it. So congrats to them going gold.

+ navidee on January 21st, 2009 at 5:48 pm said:

Wow. Its so close now!! I’ve been hitting my holiday backlog so I can spend loads of time online after playing through the single player campaign. Can’t wait to play!!!

+ nivasan6 on January 21st, 2009 at 5:48 pm said:

If I pre-order this from Amazon, will it be shipped on the 27th, or will it arrive at my house on the 27th? I ordered Need for Speed Most Wanted when it was announced from the EA Store, and it came three days before it was scheduled to be released. I was just wondering if Amazon would do the same. By the way, Killzone 2′s multiplayer is the best I’ve ever played. I was in the closed beta for over a month, and the only thing that bothered me was the definite spawn points. That means spawn campers. Can’t wait for this, Killzone has and always will be one of my favorite series. The original Killzone was my favorite game until God of War came :)

+ Thew902 on January 21st, 2009 at 5:52 pm said:

@63

I think it depends on the shipping method you choose. If you choose to not pay shipping you’ll be waiting to receive it up to a week after release.

+ i_like_toast on January 21st, 2009 at 5:53 pm said:

Can’t say i’ve seen a game look this good, but i’m not a big fan of FPS, but i’ll for sure pick it up.

+ Zhi13 on January 21st, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

Nice!
Cant wait for this game :D

+ Rippa on January 21st, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

Mother Flippin’ AWESOME!!!

+ JimmyHACK on January 21st, 2009 at 5:56 pm said:

ZOMG can’t wait.. howabout in celebration release the demo in January instead of Feb.. I kid, not really, but ya i’m all preordered and like the fact it’s out on a Friday.

+ MindGamr on January 21st, 2009 at 5:56 pm said:

Killzone 2 is the best looking shooter I have ever seen! Hands down. I am greatful to be a PlayStation 3 owner. Cant wait to lay everyone down from the PlayStation Blog . If KZ2 had a single player CO-OP that worked properly, It could possibly be the best game ever made if not already. Atoms11

+ lightweaponx on January 21st, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

I wasn’t a fan of the first one, it just wasn’t for me. I find myself really excited for this one though. I already preordered and am waiting to play the demo. WE NEED MORE AVATARS FOR OUR PSN ID’S!!!!!!

+ nas2344 on January 21st, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

cant wait to test drive this game i got my copy reserved!

+ D1rk-Knight on January 21st, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

Congratulation GG you deserve it. Can’t wait to get my hands on the game. :)

+ x3AM on January 21st, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

Will we be getting some Killzone avatars?

(knows he is wasting his time)

+ Shin-Ra on January 21st, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

DoA Announcer: “CON-GRATU-LAAAATIONS!”

Fantastic review scores so far, I think they’ll be well-deserved. :)

+ super8sean on January 21st, 2009 at 5:59 pm said:

i am tired of giving these companies my $60.00
per game. WAIT!!!! Play the demo. if the game is all it is HYPED up to be then i will go buy it!!!!
if not they dont get nothing from me.

+ oneangrymob464 on January 21st, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

haha that’s awesome, especially before release. just imagine what it’s gonna be once it actually hits store shelves.

+ XxC-losxX on January 21st, 2009 at 6:01 pm said:

Man this looks phenomenal!
Too bad I can’t play it since my dad wont let me buy any FPS games after R2… :[
But, I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!! >:] The fight continues! This game is a must have and play!

+ PROWLL on January 21st, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

crazy dog verry crazy daggggg

+ BlindMango on January 21st, 2009 at 6:05 pm said:

one of THE BEST games of 2009, cant wait to get my copy!

+ OMG-GUYS on January 21st, 2009 at 6:07 pm said:

=D

+ OMG-GUYS on January 21st, 2009 at 6:08 pm said:

this game needs MASSSIVE ad campaings, this is one of your biggest games sony, dont let another little big planet or resistance happen because of lack of ads

+ jipmg on January 21st, 2009 at 6:09 pm said:

Even if the demo sucks im getting this game no matter what

+ Unknown_Hero on January 21st, 2009 at 6:09 pm said:

Well no delaying the game from coming out now, that’s what i said for LBP tho and look what happened there :(

+ IAmToastMan on January 21st, 2009 at 6:09 pm said:

ADVERTISE SONY! ADVERTISE SONY! ADVERTISE SONY! dont depend on word of mouth! this game and all of your future games will sell well if they are properly advertised so ADVERTISE!

+ Dave18901 on January 21st, 2009 at 6:11 pm said:

Do you know know when the embargo gets lifted?

+ Gess on January 21st, 2009 at 6:11 pm said:

Great news, cant wait

+ xFirexIcex on January 21st, 2009 at 6:11 pm said:

Nice. I wwas wondering when this was coming.

Great job GG!

+ MaskedWonder on January 21st, 2009 at 6:12 pm said:

I’m ready for the demo Feb. 5!

+ Torgo on January 21st, 2009 at 6:13 pm said:

GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!

Trust me, if you’re “on the fence” about getting this game, get off that fence and go pre-order it.

Yes, it’s THAT good!!!!

+ Half_life000111 on January 21st, 2009 at 6:15 pm said:

Preordered….. AND THANK YOU FOR CUSTOM MUSIC ONLINE……. I’m going to cherish this game… can’t wait for DLC * hope this turns into a Halo with the DLC updates :)

+ Daver on January 21st, 2009 at 6:15 pm said:

I just cant wait!!! it looks amazing!

+ puto09 on January 21st, 2009 at 6:16 pm said:

AWESOME!! Can’t wait!! 1st DAY PURCHASE!!!!! YEA BOII!!!

+ blkant on January 21st, 2009 at 6:16 pm said:

If my PS3 hadn’t broken for the second time I’d be pretty astatic right now, but I simply can’t afford to have that poc for the second time. But while it may not play blu-ray discs any more, it still can play demos and PSN titles so at least I can try the demo, hope SP lives up to my expectations (SP is most important to any game to me)

+ drownedphoniex on January 21st, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

Congratulations Guerrilla!

We all hope you did a great job!

+ singhjeet29 on January 21st, 2009 at 6:18 pm said:

Awesome can’t wait. Plan to pre-order it this friday, when I go back home. But seriously why didn’t you guys try to capitalize and make a few extra dollars with the release of a collectors edition. I don’t buy them normally, but for developers that deserve the money, like Kojima, I don’t mind paying the extra 20 bucks for. And considering what GG has done, I think they really do deserve the extra credit.

+ Aschx on January 21st, 2009 at 6:18 pm said:

Oh yes! I cannot wait to get this game in my hands! It looks so sweet, and will there be trophies, anyone?

+ Pharmboy044 on January 21st, 2009 at 6:20 pm said:

Great job GG. I can’t wait for this game. I’ve got this game pre-ordered and anxiously waiting for Feb 5th to try out the demo….You know what on second thought I know this game is gonna be good so I guess I’ll hold off on the demo so I don’t spoil the game for myself.

+ BigVic on January 21st, 2009 at 6:22 pm said:

Congrats to all of the folks at Guerrilla. I’ve preordered my copy after checking out the beta and demo and I am very excited.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 9