Minecraft PS4

Killzone 2 has gone Gold!

Mike Graham's Avatar + Posted by Mike Graham on Jan 21, 2009 // Producer, International Software Development

Hello again, I am very happy to announce that Killzone 2 has gone gold in North America! I couldn’t be more ecstatic with what the fine folks at Guerrilla have accomplished and we cannot wait to get this thing into your hands. Killzone 2 will be available on store shelves in the US on February 27th, 2009.

Killzone2-Packfront

Go pre-order your copy now and I’ll see you online come February 27th!

Cheers,
Mike

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 9

+ Armstrong on January 21st, 2009 at 6:22 pm said:

YES! At LAST!

+ TheGuardianFID on January 21st, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

Already pre-ordered, I can’t wait to play this sucker, KILLZOWNED BABY!!! :D

+ justice on January 21st, 2009 at 6:24 pm said:

im gettin’ kilzone 2 fo’ sure !
this is going to be a blast dude…
aiyo jeff i miss the ps3 ads on tv.. what happend?

+ Midgetguy on January 21st, 2009 at 6:24 pm said:

BEAUTIFUL! I’ve already pre-ordered it! For now though, I can’t wait until February 2nd so I can play the demo! lol

The beta was GREAT and it’s already easily my favorite online FPS! (Resistance 2 comes in 2nd place though!)

On behalf of everyone at Guerrilla; CONGRATULATIONS! I’m very excited to see what the final product is like, but on the same note, I am confident that Killzone 2 will exceed many people’s expectations by leaps and bounds!

+ tolkienfanatic on January 21st, 2009 at 6:28 pm said:

Gah! Haven’t pre-ordered yet but it is on my to-do list!

+ kipper18 on January 21st, 2009 at 6:29 pm said:

Awesome i preordered this already!

PLEASE PUT A HUGE AD CAMPAIGN IT DESERVES IT.

+ sam_i_jam on January 21st, 2009 at 6:30 pm said:

I seriously can’t wait to pick this one up on day-one!

+ dimethyltryper on January 21st, 2009 at 6:30 pm said:

it’s goin’ double uranium!

+ Squamden on January 21st, 2009 at 6:30 pm said:

Killzone 2 is as of now the game I am most looking forward to this year. I agree with all of the previous comments asking for a great marketing campaign. This is a game that has the potential to move lots of consoles, don’t let it go to waste.

+ skynidas on January 21st, 2009 at 6:33 pm said:

This is awesome!! Now go advertise it Sony!

+ WoshJills on January 21st, 2009 at 6:36 pm said:

Cross game chat please.
WoshJills wants to play Killzone 2 and talk to Bhuebinator while Bhuebinator is playing Little Big Planet.

+ Violater on January 21st, 2009 at 6:37 pm said:

Release the game earlier Sony.!!!!

+ MaDogNik96 on January 21st, 2009 at 6:37 pm said:

@16
I think there’s a maximum of 64 members in a clan. I also heard you can arrange tournaments with up to 256 clans! If both of those are true, I’m joining one for a tournament.

Congrats GG! Already pre-ordered and am waiting for the demo. Definitely picking up day 1.

+ SHINSPIKES on January 21st, 2009 at 6:38 pm said:

I’m deffinitely gettin this game, but if it could have the option of playin wit mouse and keyboard, that would be tight.

+ Jon_Mclane on January 21st, 2009 at 6:38 pm said:

How about some info on the helghast sack boy?

+ wardog546 on January 21st, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

Must..pre…order…Killzone 2..
Killzone 2+ad campaign=happy people and good sales.

+ len1978 on January 21st, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

congrats. guys

+ KIDamazin on January 21st, 2009 at 6:41 pm said:

On the 27th of February, we will find out if Helghan really belongs to the Helghast.

+ ThoasBrand on January 21st, 2009 at 6:48 pm said:

WOOHOO!!!!

+ xenorevlis on January 21st, 2009 at 6:49 pm said:

Hey, I know there won’t be a Limited or Collector’s edition, but do you think we’ll ever see Helghast or ISA figures / Killzone 2 items for sale?

This could go along with my idea to have a PHYSICAL PRODUCT area for the PlayStation Store. You know, so people could get exclusive goodies like Sackboy plushies.

I’d buy a TON of stuff from my favorite IPs and I think other people would too.

+ JKC31 on January 21st, 2009 at 6:52 pm said:

“Go pre-order your copy now and I’ll see you online come February 27th!”

This dude obviously has never bought/played a first party game that has OL gaming. lol

+ Thrasher20 on January 21st, 2009 at 6:52 pm said:

Snack_Eeter here,

KILLZONE 2!!

Hide your wife and kids, the Helghast are coming!

+ AzMorpheus on January 21st, 2009 at 6:55 pm said:

Been looking forward to this game…hope it is not all hype!

+ ViolentP69 on January 21st, 2009 at 6:55 pm said:

Well done Guerrilla. I hope relations with other developers are strong enough to share what you’ve learned here.

+ xenorevlis on January 21st, 2009 at 6:56 pm said:

Well, considering the beta did rather well in comparison to the other online betas (like LBP) I have faith it won’t be TOO bad on first day, especially if people are playing through the campaign.

Now tell me, WHO would buy Killzone 2 collectible figures, artbooks, and similar items from Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance, and so on?

+ angelcurio on January 21st, 2009 at 7:00 pm said:

Lets hope that the marketing for this game ends up being good, since games like little big planet didnt have that huge marketting push.

+ jBat17 on January 21st, 2009 at 7:02 pm said:

this will be the best shooter to date
it will KILLZOWNE!

+ Jenovah on January 21st, 2009 at 7:03 pm said:

Not sure how strict your media embargo is, but a guy from JV247.com posted that they plan on posting the ending to the game tomorrow, might want to keep an eye on that so it doesn’t get spoiled :)

Here’s the post:

+ CrimsonFox13 on January 21st, 2009 at 7:05 pm said:

Already pre-ordered the game. ;)

Also, why wait over a month if it’s already gold?

WHY!? =(

+ Enigma777 on January 21st, 2009 at 7:06 pm said:

Pre-ordered yesterday! Beta was AMAZING! Anyone else that’s getting it, feel free to send me a friend invite! I’ll see ya online!!!!

+ jimmy903 on January 21st, 2009 at 7:07 pm said:

Nice. Have had it paid in full for over a year now. ONLY ONE MORE MONTH! :)

+ fe_123 on January 21st, 2009 at 7:08 pm said:

Great!! can’t wait..
Im getting kz2 next week yay

+ ArsenalGear on January 21st, 2009 at 7:08 pm said:

cool.

+ bigredsc on January 21st, 2009 at 7:09 pm said:

i think im going to go buy killzone 1 so i can be more caught up on the story. i read the time line on their website, i thought it was very interesting.

+ slipping_halo on January 21st, 2009 at 7:11 pm said:

yeah going to be a release day game, oh yea….

+ slipping_halo on January 21st, 2009 at 7:14 pm said:

haha it let me leave a comment without using my psn name….

+ oG-ShAdY on January 21st, 2009 at 7:14 pm said:

@21 FFObsessed

I was disheartened to hear that Killzone 2 wouldn’t get a collector’s edition as well. I was more than willing to shell out $100 for bonus content including: behind the scenes, director’s commentary, making of, concept art (booklet). Basically, everything you saw in the press kit but more. I can understand why Sony didn’t do one, but it would have still been great.

Thank you Guerrilla Games! I’ve been waiting almost 5 years to play the vision you laid forth with the first Killzone. I see echoes of what made Killzone my favorite FPS on PS2 within Killzone 2. I too am going through withdrawals from the Beta. It would have done sales major good if there would have been an open Beta (ending a week or two before release) as there was for Battlefield: Bad Company. That’s what sold me on BF and it sure would have sold a lot of non-believers on Killzone 2.

+ bigkay22 on January 21st, 2009 at 7:15 pm said:

lets get it, killzone infamous,

+ KazeEternal on January 21st, 2009 at 7:17 pm said:

Sweet good to know. However is there a way that you guys can bring a Co-op Campaign similar to Resistance 2? I would even pay 20 to 30 dollars for such an expansion to what looks to be an incredible game.

+ Novaoblivion on January 21st, 2009 at 7:18 pm said:

Awesome I have been looking forward to this game! :D

+ bigdaddytim on January 21st, 2009 at 7:19 pm said:

hot damn that is sweet! I cant wait, I love killzone, and I cant wait to see what GG has in store for us

+ KazeEternal on January 21st, 2009 at 7:23 pm said:

@134 -oG-ShAdY- Maybe they’ll do something special on the PSN to allow us to download all the things you mentioned with special online bonus’ we can order from them directly down the road. I to personally would love to shell out the cash for that content in a collectors edition.

+ CrashSpyro on January 21st, 2009 at 7:23 pm said:

Looking forward to the day the demo goes live along with the game’s release date.

+ just_sane on January 21st, 2009 at 7:25 pm said:

Can’t wait. Already got it pre-ordered. Hopefully there’ll be a midnight release at EB

+ madmaxx350 on January 21st, 2009 at 7:29 pm said:

I really wish You guys would release it early :D

+ SHADOWEDKING on January 21st, 2009 at 7:30 pm said:

Cant wait to play Killzone 2, by the mean time, ill be playing LBP and on February 5th, the Killzone 2 Demo, KZ2 is going to be the best game on PS3.

+ BigBoss124 on January 21st, 2009 at 7:35 pm said:

@96
all games 4 the PS3 after 2009 will have trophies

+ SeanScythe on January 21st, 2009 at 7:38 pm said:

Sony do not mess this up advertise the HELL out of this game and it will sell.

+ seph1r0th00 on January 21st, 2009 at 7:39 pm said:

:O gold already! Release it early GG!! I’ll be your best friend, I promise.

+ OneShotOswald on January 21st, 2009 at 7:39 pm said: