Bloodborne

Street Fighter IV Invades PS3, San Francisco

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jan 21, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Hundreds of fans got their hands on the PLAYSTATION 3 version of Street Fighter IV recently, as Capcom held its final round of Street Fighter Club in San Francisco. I caught up with Seth Killian, who (quite favorably) compared the PS3 version of the game with the arcade, as well as John Diamonon, who I thought you all might wanna meet, seeing as he’s a staple here on the blog.

Oh, and a PROTIP from me: The optional install for SFIV is well worth a bit of your hard drive space – it drives load times in between matches down to almost nothing.

One final note from Capcom: PlayStation gamers will soon be able to experience Resident Evil 5 for themselves as the intense new two-level demo will be downloadable on the PlayStation Network for the PLAYSTATION 3 on February 2, 2009. With three modes of action- single-player with AI controlled support, split-screen two-player co-op and two-player co-op across PlayStation Network- the demo will give fans an in-depth glimpse into the game a month before it launches on Friday, March 13, 2009.

+ SlashZaku on January 21st, 2009 at 2:25 pm said:

Great news all around about SFIV, the RE5 demo, and Capcom assault the PSN this year (hopefully Dino Crisis 2 makes it into the PSOne Classics).

@ John:
I know some are probably wondering but what is the Install size for SFIV?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on January 21st, 2009 at 2:31 pm said:

Just as small as DMC4. J/K. I don\’t know.

+ Carl on January 21st, 2009 at 2:25 pm said:

Haha at John Diamond!

Anyway, SFIV looks awesome. Also, immensely looking forward to the demo for Resident Evil. Damn, my wallet is going to take even more of a beating than last year.

Damn you Sony and your wallet-bashingness

+ MetalGearC11 on January 21st, 2009 at 2:26 pm said:

Can’t wait for RE5!

+ happy_spud on January 21st, 2009 at 2:27 pm said:

Yeah my avatar isn’t showing up either.

+ JordanBlack68 on January 21st, 2009 at 2:28 pm said:

Yeah John is on the small side :P

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on January 21st, 2009 at 2:31 pm said:

Anyone looks small next to Jeff. He\’s like 6\’7\”.

+ bballsports on January 21st, 2009 at 2:30 pm said:

Street Fighter 4 looks awesome…

+ XxBigP123xX on January 21st, 2009 at 2:30 pm said:

Nice interviews.

Not getting SF4 because, well, I suck at Street Fighter.

+ Stoffinator on January 21st, 2009 at 2:32 pm said:

@ Jeff

I’m using Firefox also. But not the newest, I’m using 2.0.0.14. I don’t have the problem with playstation.com doing it, just the blog.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 21st, 2009 at 2:34 pm said:

Ok, thank you, that should help. It\’s not happening to everyone. Maybe a cookie issue? The dev team investigates!

+ JordanBlack68 on January 21st, 2009 at 2:35 pm said:

John I take that back 6 7” HOLY [DELETED]

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 21st, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

I\’m 6-3, tops. He\’s short, lol.

+ MajorZero77 on January 21st, 2009 at 2:36 pm said:

Nice!! RE5 demo

so I guess the store will update on Tuesday that week instead of Thurday since the 2nd falls on a Tuesday?

+ Vengeful-Chaos on January 21st, 2009 at 2:39 pm said:

I think it is a cookie issue I cleared mine and signed in and it worked.

Also when can we expect some Capcom (game related not logo) avatars or for that matter decent avatars?

I am tired of sporting a sheep.

+ maxxy209 on January 21st, 2009 at 2:39 pm said:

@jeff

Whenever I add the playstation blog to my psp, when I go to check the updates nothing there it just says no items found its like it doesnt even add anything, is there something wrong with my psp or am I just doing the updating wrong. I would to look at the blogs even when im having to leave my house ^_^.

+ Capt-Fury- on January 21st, 2009 at 2:40 pm said:

even Sagat looks small next to Jeff

;)

+ Dark_Vincent on January 21st, 2009 at 2:43 pm said:

Street Fighter IV resurrected the determined gamer kid in me. The one beyond all fanboyism, console [DELETED]-flinging or “hardcore vs casual” arguments. The one who just wants one thing: To be a world warrior.

Pre-ordered the Tournament Edition fightstick as well as the game Collector’s Edition two weeks ago. February 17th could come sooner!!

+ Carl on January 21st, 2009 at 2:47 pm said:

Jeff, just to let you know, it keeps me logged in. so it’s not happening to us all!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 21st, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

Good to know, thanks Carl. Again, dev team looking into it. We want this to be as convenient as it was.

Oh wait, off topic. Seriously kids, Street Fighter IV kicks @$$. We play it every day here in the office. Every. Day.

+ FANTASTICTOE on January 21st, 2009 at 2:50 pm said:

Awesome.

+ gamestopper09 on January 21st, 2009 at 2:52 pm said:

Thanks Jeff!

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on January 21st, 2009 at 2:53 pm said:

I knew there was something BIG for February 2nd which is my birthday. How about a freebie Jeff or anyone else out that wants to make my day even more special. As for Street Fighter, I think John and EvoAnubis would be a good match to see. Or even the both of them versus ME! Set it up Jeff, Like only you know how. Can’t wait for Groundhogs Day! YIPEEEEEEE I’ll be OLD!

+ Vengeful-Chaos on January 21st, 2009 at 2:55 pm said:

Hey Jeff where can I get a PlayStation shirt like the Spanish one your wearing in the video?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 21st, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

I\’m not even sure how *I* got one… I saw someone with it, and begged for it. We should order more, yes?

+ JordanBlack68 on January 21st, 2009 at 2:55 pm said:

I may consider buying it, at £40, its alot of money :( Also Killzone 2 is close :D

+ GODSFAVORITE on January 21st, 2009 at 2:56 pm said:

I can’t wait for the RE5 Demo. I’m also looking forward to some PS One Classics hitting the store

+ KaiserSosate on January 21st, 2009 at 2:57 pm said:

Yes, more content from capcom. Well I just hope that they stay bringing us something good to buy.

+ maxxy209 on January 21st, 2009 at 2:57 pm said:

Wow after watching this vid, I actually feel the need to re-download my street fighter game, call my friends over, and pwn them in it :D.

+ Edd on January 21st, 2009 at 2:57 pm said:

HA 6’3″, I’m 6’5″ and i’m 16!!! :P

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on January 21st, 2009 at 4:19 pm said:

Rub it in.

+ Capt-Fury- on January 21st, 2009 at 2:58 pm said:

@69

that reminds me…what happen to the PS shirts? I remember Sony making a deal with some company to make them.

+ bob52 on January 21st, 2009 at 2:59 pm said:

YA capcom looking foward to RE5 demo,Hope theres online co-op!

+ ADR143 on January 21st, 2009 at 3:00 pm said:

man looks good so far

i wish i was in san francis co :(

cant w8 for the resident evil demo!

+ JBruno on January 21st, 2009 at 3:01 pm said:

BTW Mr. Miyagi, RE5 will have too a OPTIONAL install as SFIV?

+ Prezhulio on January 21st, 2009 at 3:02 pm said:

thanks for the update about RE5 demo! i’m so psyched for capcom games these coming months.

+ AshtonFX on January 21st, 2009 at 3:05 pm said:

awesome.

@ jeff

we need more avatars on PSN man.

also I noticed somehow since Tuesday(PSN account merge)the number of comments have skyrocketed.Congratz ;)

if you could do the same for youtube PS channel it would be awesome but I guess that’s too hard to do

+ maxxy209 on January 21st, 2009 at 3:06 pm said:

Do you guys know when the next ps3/psp psn updates will be.

I’m going to start buying alot of psn cards , and I want to spend them on only on good games I like and I know ill like.

+ Fullmetal156 on January 21st, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

im super amped about this merger i always wanted to be heard but im kinda new to this and the old way drove me nuts lol anyway hello all my first post yay o and street fighter looks amazinglysickliocious haha send me an invite and as my man guile says “Get It ON”

+ Vengeful-Chaos on January 21st, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

Yes please order more i’d gladly pay for one, being Cuban and living in Miami it would be great advertisement.

+ Stoffinator on January 21st, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

@ Jeff.

I think it would be really cool if you could do a blog post of everyone at the office. Like those who make the blog happen. We hear about the dev team and so on all the time, but we never get to see them or “chat” with them.

And don’t you guys have some over stock of swag you could give away? *big grin*

+ GanjaQueen on January 21st, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

HELLZ YEAH!

Finally a freakin’ date for the PS3 version of RE5 demo! I got so sick of hearing when Xboxers where getting theirs and nobody giving us a definitive date. Now I don’t have to guess and see. ;)

+ ManaKnight on January 21st, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

John Diamonon is definitely quite short like others have said. I don’t know if I buy that Jeff is just really tall. ;)

Anyway, that was an awesome video. Makes me even more pumped for SFIV. The wait feels very painful. :(

+ morningdrive on January 21st, 2009 at 3:16 pm said:

That is pretty cool looking forward to those PS1 games. Thanks Jeff I enjoy watching these behind the scene videos you put up!!

+ cuz_im_fly_homeboy on January 21st, 2009 at 3:21 pm said:

mane, you and john BOTH IS FLY

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on January 21st, 2009 at 9:28 pm said:

nah, you is fly son.

+ AshtonFX on January 21st, 2009 at 3:22 pm said:

btw

Capcom is THE BEST Japanese (3rd party) developer the second that’s very distant second is tecmo.

(yea i don’t like RPG so no square enix/level 5/atlus for me)

+ TheHater2 on January 21st, 2009 at 3:25 pm said:

The dude in the video stated that FANs are the ones that matter. Well this is on UNHAPPY Monster Hunter fan right now.

+ guitain on January 21st, 2009 at 3:26 pm said:

One thing about the blog not related to the merging, which by the way went smoothly. Besides the immediate lack of icon… ^^

When I click the Playstation Store Games segment in the right side box on the top it doesn’t refer me to the most recent PS Store update, it refers me to following: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/01/20/upcoming-ps3-firmware-v260-update/

SFIV looks cool, too bad I’m not a big fan of fighters =P

+ Dennie on January 21st, 2009 at 3:30 pm said:

Bring it on! 1 more month to go.

+ BigNolDogg on January 21st, 2009 at 3:32 pm said:

Great work guys, can’t wait for this game. Thanks Capcom for the support.

+ viprdude on January 21st, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

Philly has had an arcade cabinet from Japan of Street Fighter 4 for months. It is an awesome game.

+ BabeBro on January 21st, 2009 at 3:34 pm said:

Oh my god! Yes! The day of reckoning is almost here! I can’t wait to see Cammy White on my HDTV in all her thonged up glory!!!

Quick question John, is there DLC planned for Street Fighter 4? I’d love to download Cammy’s sky blue Alpha costume. Please, please, please give us DLC for Street Fighter 4!

Also, please make sure to bring contant to PlayStation HOME! It’s so boring in there, we need it! Thanks for all your hard work!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on January 21st, 2009 at 9:30 pm said:

DLC for SF4? I don\’t remember if we announced anything about that.

I know there is a SF4 space in Japan. I\’m not sure if there will be one in US. I need to check.

+ Jeigh on January 21st, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

Please smite the “first” posters, O Mighty Jeff.

Can’t say I’m thrilled with the fact that 360′s getting the RE5 demo a week before we are, but it doesn’t really bother me all that much either. Just hope you got a good chunk of cash for it…

Congrats on the SFIV release- it has to feel great to finish such a big project. :)

+ xFaTaL_GuNnAx on January 21st, 2009 at 3:41 pm said:

Cannot wait for this game o man

+ Patriotbball5460 on January 21st, 2009 at 3:44 pm said:

great video, capcom has got to be one of the best publishers this generation, right up there with EA. Keep it up Capcom and please keep supporting the PSN and PS Family.

P.S. John=teh major awesome!

+ Letters2Kay on January 21st, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

I’m a huge Capcom nut, and these next few are going to be some excellent months for me. I have the collector’s editions of SF4 and RE5 reserved and am looking forward to the new PSOne titles on the PSN Store (Resident Evil series, FTW). Thanks for all you’ve done for the fans lately (and always), guys!!! You are THE best. Another big thank you for devoting resources to the Playstation side of things so I don’t have to boot up my 360 again… not ever. Now if only we could get some Dead Rising on the PS3, my dreams would come true. That and a nice Resident Evil level pack for LittleBigPlanet or at least a costume pack like the LBP Street Fighter DLC. Any chance of this happening???? :D PLEASE!?

+ Delriach on January 21st, 2009 at 3:52 pm said:

John, I want the Chun-li cover for Street Fighter IV. Have the dudes at capcom upload some uber high quality image of it. Then I can print it out >_>

Make it happen. :)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on January 21st, 2009 at 4:22 pm said:

That\’s an excellent idea. I\’ll pass along the info to the product manager of SF4.