PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Street Fighter IV Invades PS3, San Francisco

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Jan 21, 2009 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Hundreds of fans got their hands on the PLAYSTATION 3 version of Street Fighter IV recently, as Capcom held its final round of Street Fighter Club in San Francisco. I caught up with Seth Killian, who (quite favorably) compared the PS3 version of the game with the arcade, as well as John Diamonon, who I thought you all might wanna meet, seeing as he’s a staple here on the blog.

Oh, and a PROTIP from me: The optional install for SFIV is well worth a bit of your hard drive space – it drives load times in between matches down to almost nothing.

One final note from Capcom: PlayStation gamers will soon be able to experience Resident Evil 5 for themselves as the intense new two-level demo will be downloadable on the PlayStation Network for the PLAYSTATION 3 on February 2, 2009. With three modes of action- single-player with AI controlled support, split-screen two-player co-op and two-player co-op across PlayStation Network- the demo will give fans an in-depth glimpse into the game a month before it launches on Friday, March 13, 2009.

+ kipper18 on January 21st, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

Street Fighter 4 looks awesome…

+ TheGraciousOne on January 21st, 2009 at 3:53 pm said:

I think its messed up that whenever SCEA releases an update for the PS3 or PSP, it prevents us from accessing the store cause we have to mandatory update. That’s total BS. I dont want to update. Oh well, its not like Sony supports the PS Store with PSOne classics anyway because Peter Dille (SVPMPSN) never promised us new content will be coming out everyday and every week, hes not just going to cut us dry and say “OK, that’s it. Knock yourselves out.” source = old GS interview. gamespot.com/news/6160502

+ Delriach on January 21st, 2009 at 3:54 pm said:

>_> I was comment number 100, I should get what I wanted >_>

+ Sk8boyP on January 21st, 2009 at 3:55 pm said:

SF4 looks sweet, WOULD BE BETTER WITH CROSS GAME CHAT though,

+ SpeedRacer1955 on January 21st, 2009 at 3:57 pm said:

For those of you that are having problems with not staying logged in when you close your browser. It is not a problem really there are settings in most networks that a connection will only stay connected if it has real traffic on it… when you close your browser with the PSBlog page it then sets a counter that says drop this connection after a certain time so that if you change your mind you can just open it back up without having to stay logged in. This goes back to the dial-up days when you have a setting inside your browser now that sends a small bit of code to keep the connection live. This is a part of the DHCP server code since servers have a limited amount of connections available they don’t need to keep connections that are not “active” so they terminate them so that they can reassign the connection to another user that wants into the server…

Now that accounts are merged it is easier to log backin when that happens… I am currently using FF 3.1b2 so I deal with this as any other beta setup…

+ Carl on January 21st, 2009 at 3:59 pm said:

Jeff makes me laugh. I love reading his replies . Haha

+ codePR on January 21st, 2009 at 4:04 pm said:

Guys the RE5 demo comes out Monday not Thursday is that right ?

+ Darkos87 on January 21st, 2009 at 4:06 pm said:

I’m preordering SF IV instead of Killzone 2… I hope you’re happy Jeff… lol

(I’ll get KZ 2 later don’t worry)

+ aztec23 on January 21st, 2009 at 4:11 pm said:

Is capcom going to any other city like houston.

+ aaronisbla on January 21st, 2009 at 4:12 pm said:

hell yes for the demo for RE5!!!

+ sam_i_jam on January 21st, 2009 at 4:16 pm said:

Trust me. I played this game everyday at the arcade for the two weeks I was in Japan.

Fantastic!

+ JCJAR on January 21st, 2009 at 4:24 pm said:

Hello, I’m a moderator over at GameTrailers and even though I find it odd to post this in an unrelated blog, that’s how in-game XMB came about.

A big thing I’ve been hearing people rage about is this photo gallery, saying it’s a stupid update and they want MKV support.

My concern is piracy, but is there any way for Sony to limit it like they did with WMV (a filesize cap)? I know you guys are huge on anti-piracy.

+ Kei-End on January 21st, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

Sweet… RE5 demo !

+ shun goku satsu on January 21st, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

next-gen Strider please >.>

John… You’re the best, AROUND!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on January 21st, 2009 at 5:53 pm said:

Nothing\’s gonna eva bring you down!

+ JordanBlack68 on January 21st, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

Any update about staying logged into the Playstation.Blog as its inconvient to keep logging in to post a comment lol, ;)

+ happy_spud on January 21st, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

Ducktales Super HD Remix.

I want it now!

+ P01SKA933 on January 21st, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

I can’t wait until Resident Evil 5 comes out, its my birthday :P

+ Ghettocarpenter on January 21st, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

Can’t wait for the demo!

+ nuness1988 on January 21st, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

Wow, John looked like you were fighting the urge to pass out from the alcohol. Slurred words and not looking into the camera made me laugh. At the end with the shout-out was great because you were just talking to the hair.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on January 21st, 2009 at 5:56 pm said:

no comment.

+ nuness1988 on January 21st, 2009 at 5:03 pm said:

Woops meant air…maybe I’m drunk?

+ venneer on January 21st, 2009 at 5:05 pm said:

Oh, just now I see the post John did on the 14th, sorry I missed it :(

That was a great vid, Jeff.
Looking forward to the RE5 demo and maybe a SFIV demo as well, huh, huh!?

Cheers!

+ maxxy209 on January 21st, 2009 at 5:06 pm said:

How about you guys show PSP some love,throw us some newer demos I mean like a web of shadows or more upcoming games that way we can try before we buy in demo version ,its the reason I own a kick @ss copy of Star Wars Force Unleashed for PS3.

Also for a psp feature for 1000-3000 how about a mini youtube support for flash player 6/7 , I mean downloading from pspube (none homebrew), is kind of annoying I’d rather just watch it.

+ jakinov on January 21st, 2009 at 5:07 pm said:

Sweet, question for Resident Evil 5, will trophies save for both players in the final release. It doesn’t in little big planet it would be great if we could use two gaming profiles at once so we both get trophies instead of just player one, both players get achivements in Xbox live :( and two people can play on two live accounts at once.

+ DNAgent on January 21st, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

If the install is optional then I won’t even bother doing it. If it was from a company I didn’t hate then I would do the optional install but Capcom is garbage.

They already messed up DMC4 and RE4 + RE5 so I won’t even waste money to see how bad they ruined SF4.

+ jessehaysfl on January 21st, 2009 at 5:14 pm said:

cant wait to get my copy

+ maxxy209 on January 21st, 2009 at 5:15 pm said:

@124

Didn’t you just read the blog or see the video at all. Jeff said the game rocked they play it at the office all the time , shouldn’t that be enough for you to get it or download it if it optional.

Plus capcom are the masters in making street fighter.

+ Vagrant_1 on January 21st, 2009 at 5:17 pm said:

Sweet I can’t wait to get my hands of these games. RE 5 demo= nice. Please bring ps1 classics like Breath of Fire 3, RE 1-3 !!!!!!

+ T-Jani on January 21st, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

The wait for SF4 is almost over.

+ DancingFighterG on January 21st, 2009 at 5:25 pm said:

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Man, this game is going to be great. Can’t wait to get my hands on it!!

+ BukDaN-E on January 21st, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

cant wait.

+ jessehaysfl on January 21st, 2009 at 5:32 pm said:

is it just me or did john sound a little tore up?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on January 21st, 2009 at 5:53 pm said:

no comment.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on January 21st, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

BTW, that\’s a glass of apple cider in my hand, really.

+ LvL99Dayvie on January 21st, 2009 at 5:34 pm said:

yesssssssssss ps1 games!!! i luv U CAPCOM!

+ Macballs on January 21st, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

Street Fighter 2 made me a Capcom fan for life.I can’t wait to play S.F.4 and R. Evil 5.

+ mendezgato on January 21st, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

hey jeff i can log in with my phone any more, it wont let me is there a reason why, it used to let me do it.

+ mendezgato on January 21st, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

oh and no avatar on me yet, @ john, you look exactly like my best friend, only he really is 5’4″

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on January 21st, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

I am not 5\’4\” lol.

+ poisonedsodapop on January 21st, 2009 at 5:49 pm said:

I’m looking forward to the RE5 demo. I want to see how it plays co-op.

+ Squall2600 on January 21st, 2009 at 5:51 pm said:

John Diamonon FTW

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on January 21st, 2009 at 5:54 pm said:

Sqall2600 FTMFW!

+ mendezgato on January 21st, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

@ john lol i know i said HE was 5’4″, anyways love what u do for the blog add me so we can play sometimes

+ mendezgato on January 21st, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

mean to say somethime, sorry

+ PHANTASMN707 on January 21st, 2009 at 5:59 pm said:

Hey Jeff, still getting logged out here too. And I can’t see the video, just a big blank white spot on the page :( I wanna watch the SFIV goodness too.

+ Capt-Fury- on January 21st, 2009 at 6:01 pm said:

John I lost my ryu gravatar

we need SF avatars pronto!

+ dojikyo on January 21st, 2009 at 6:05 pm said:

Did anyone test the online component for the game?

+ Capt-Fury- on January 21st, 2009 at 6:05 pm said:

forgot to add…

That my new avatar represents my anger at the lack of them!

+ DJ_DTM on January 21st, 2009 at 6:06 pm said:

I cant wait to get my copy, in fact i’m going to Sony Style now, I’ll wait in the store till I get one,

+ Nightowl2608 on January 21st, 2009 at 6:13 pm said:

Please put out a demo for Street Figter 4, I can’t wait until the game comes out please.

+ Half_life000111 on January 21st, 2009 at 6:16 pm said:

There’s trophies in all titles throughout 2009….and on

+ Conral on January 21st, 2009 at 6:22 pm said:

Capcom really has been on fire lately with the exciting news. I can’t wait for more PS1 games!

+ Dark_Vincent on January 21st, 2009 at 6:26 pm said:

Capcom has been delivering better than any other company this gen. I wish you guys success with SF4, RE5 and whatever else you put out this year and beyond, as long as you keep the momentum outdoing yourselves in terms of quality content!

Oh and Jeff should upload a video of him vs John.

+ Pharmboy044 on January 21st, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

John, I’m so impressed with the amount of love that you show towards the PSN community. Please keep it up and we will show you the love by buying your products.

Speaking of Capcom products….any hints on when a small zombie game might be released on PSN. ;-)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ John Diamonon on January 21st, 2009 at 9:21 pm said:

how small of a zombie game?

+ jakinov on January 21st, 2009 at 6:33 pm said: