PS4-Infamous

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jan 22, 2009 // Director, PlayStation Store

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the weekly PlayStation Store update.

Price Update

Brain Challenge Expansion Pack (now $2.99)

Add-on Game Content

BUZZ! Quiz TV American Culture Pack ($5.99)
Think you know everything about living in the USA? Test your knowledge with this new BUZZ! Quiz TV quiz pack that features over 500 new questions about American culture to play in any of your favorite BUZZ! Quiz TV game modes. Download this quiz pack today and turn your party into the ultimate trivia showdown. Challenge your friends and family with new questions and “Show ‘em Your Trivia!”
File size: 243 MB

NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja STORM Pack 7 (free)
Download Storm Pack 7 and unleash the legendary Sound Ninja Jirobo as your support character in battle. The Storm Pack 7 also contains new Ultimate Mission to engage!
File size: 100 KB

Skate 2 Time Is Money Pack ($4.99)
If you are busy, or just plain lazy, “Time is Money” will unlock all locations, skaters and gear that can be earned by playing through Skate 2′s career and online modes.
File size: 3.59 MB

Guitar Hero World Tour
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com.

• “Tomorrow” by Silverchair ($1.99)
  • “Outtathaway!” by The Vines ($1.99)
  • “Dimension” by Wolfmother ($1.99)
  • Aussie Track Pack ($5.49) – Downloadable Track Pack for Guitar Hero World Tour featuring “Tomorrow” by Silverchair, “Dimension” by Wolfmother, and “Outtathaway!” by The Vines. Please Note: Many songs are available both as singles and as part of a Track Pack, so please carefully consider your purchases before downloading.

File sizes: 33 MB – 44 MB (singles), 119 MB (track pack)

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “Feed the Tree” – Belly ($1.99)
  • “I Stand Alone” – Godsmack ($1.99)
  • “Typical” – Mute Math ($1.99)
  • “War Zone” – Rob Zombie ($1.99)
  • “Wind Me Up” – Ghost Hounds ($1.99)
  • “Space Cowboy” – Steve Miller Band ($1.99)
  • “Take the Money and Run” – Steve Miller Band ($1.99)
  • “The Joker” – Steve Miller Band ($1.99)
  • Steve Miller Band Track Pack 01 ($5.49) – Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track pack: Steve Miller Band Pack 01. This pack includes: “Take the Money and Run,” “The Joker,” and “Space Cowboy” by Steve Miller Band.

File sizes: 21 MB – 34 MB (singles) 116 MB – 79 MB (track pack)

Game Demos (free)

WipEout HD
It was there back at the beginning and now it’s taking the franchise into the future: WipEout HD is set to deliver 1080p High Definition visuals running at a breathtaking 60-frames-per-second. WipEout HD features a selection of the best tracks taken from previous versions of the franchise, meticulously crafted and fully reworked to showcase the processing power of PS3 system. Available exclusively on the PlayStation Network.
File size: 1.02 GB

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Demo
Download the demo today and play highlights from F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. A routine mission turns into a fight for survival when an explosion of unknown origin decimates the city and unleashes the wrath of Alma Wade, whose terrifying power threatens to surge out of control unless Special Forces Sgt. Michael Becket and his squad can find a way to destroy her.
File size: 685 MB

Game Videos (free)

Resistance: Retribution Story Trailer
File size: 68 MB (HD) 111 MB (1080)

Lords of the Rings Conquest: Conquest Good to be Good Trailer
File size: 46 MB (HD)

Mirror’s Edge DLC Trailer
File size: 33 MB (HD)

Eat Lead Teaser Trailer
File size: 82 MB (HD)

Ski-Doo Snowmobile Challenge
File size: 55 MB (HD)

Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers (free)

The X-Files: I Want to Believe: “Reinstated” Featurette
File size: 55 MB (SD)

Max Payne: Script to Screen Featurette
File size: 34 MB (SD)

Horton Hears a Who: Anatomy of a Scene Featurette
File size: 84 MB (SD)

PlayStation Store for PSP

Game Videos (free)

Resistance: Retribution Story Trailer (also available from PS3 Store)
File size: 12 MB

PSP Themes

* Kicks PSP Theme ($0.99) (PS3 Kicks Theme also available from PS3 Store)
File size: 172 KB

* PSP Premium Themes (x18) (Various; $0.99/$1.49) (also available from PS3 Store)
File sizes: 231 KB – 546 KB

205 Comments

+ rpk2011 on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:38 pm said:

then you wonder why sony is going under. they don’t even try to put decent stuff on there system
no ps1 games no dlc for games like fallout 3 and bad drm restrictions with there video content.

+ SpyDudeFX on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:38 pm said:

Terrible update, lame lol

+ Ramage on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

Updates a bit disappointing…not much to see here…well nothing really. Already bought WipeOut day one…no themes…no GoW or Uncharted videos I’ve been hearing about…it doesn’t even fill up the whole first view of the ‘new releases’ section. better luck next tyme?

+ zack121 on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

Nice update but I was expecting more for PSP Store.

+ Capt-Fury- on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

wow at Skate 2 DLC…

so this is what the gameshark has evolved to.

+ ThEosSiE on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

Wow guys.. So did I miss out for buying the Brain Challenge add-on day one. That kind of sucks.. I mean a week later..

I’m kind of disappointed since I usually buy everything day one (from the store)..

Should I stop? I’m not dying for $2 but hey is that right? lol

+ Netweb on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:40 pm said:

I Want…
I Want…
I Want…

Snow Track to Pacific Rift
Starter Babe to Pacific Rift

LBP Lara Croft Costume

Warhawk: NEW Expansion Pack

PSN Custom Avavats

By The Way… Nice Update! :P

+ THATAIDE on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

When there are no new downloadable games there should be a PSOne Classic to fill the gap… There are so many in Japan and so few in the US… Release Crash Team Racing please!

+ tirminyl on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

Isn’t Burnout Paradise suppose to get a price adjustment to $19.99?

+ NativeCain on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:41 pm said:

Disappointed at the continued lack of Savage Moon…. I may not even want anymore….

+ GooieGreen on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

Well, I’m so glad I checked the update >,<

+ NarutoSoul on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

Hm… Another week without a PS1 Classic(Such as Brave Fencer Musashi, Tomba, Xenogears, Breath of Fire III…) or a LBP DLC update. Another week Sony misses out on my hard-earned cash. Thanks for the demo of Fear 2, though! Nice to see you don’t care about pulling a profit just for the sake of profit!

+ johnbest on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:42 pm said:

great update. how about a dallas cowboy theme.also,more demos for psp.

+ rpk2011 on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

ohh and nice firmware update all that time and we get a bunch of useless crap

+ maxxy209 on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

Bad update for the psp. Very Bad update

Not to mention some of the themes on the psn for psp are corrupted might wanna fix that.

*sigh* Once again the psp gets shown no love.

Was hoping you took in what we said about spyro 1 and 2 being added and maybe megaman X4 and X5.

+ Buddy175 on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

i was waiting for the store to update… thank you!

+ SoYoung on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:44 pm said:

one of the lamest update on the playstation this week.

Sorry to say this but there are absolutely no good things this week…

+ sNsKid on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

haha I bet this blog gets no red replies.

+ bigbadbros on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

WipEout HD is a good game. I bought it a week ago and I’m not disappointed. I’d recommend the game if you like the demo. It really is good!

Oh and there are trophies:):):)

+ johnbest on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

firmware update was very cool.i like what you did with photo management.

+ Demonhunter84 on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

Where are the Sega Genesis games? They are listed on the esrb website for coming out for PSN and were rumored to come out today. Pretty weak update from Sony only two demos one of which was exclusive to Qore subscribers and another that should of had a demo from the first day. I would at least expect to see a PS1 game like Legacy of Kain, or maybe Crash Team Racing or something to make this update look at least decent. Next week looks better with LBP DLC coming out so there is hope for next to be better.

+ Vagrant_1 on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

wow lame update this week. no ps1 classics??? since you don’t have any content for ps3 or psp to put up. jeez

+ MindGamr on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:52 pm said:

Not that exiting. Maybe next week.

+ rpk2011 on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:53 pm said:

the firmware update was crap what we need is
mkv suport
flac suport
playstation 2 emulation for the people that dont have a 60gb system
a better browser
voice chat in games

+ jgstyle on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:55 pm said:

Why is the U.S. update always so late in the day?

+ CrystalX3D on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:57 pm said:

I already have wipeout so the only thing of interest to me is project origin. Why don’t we get any ps1 games? The european store got 2 today. (not that I’d actually buy the little mermaid 2, but it’s the principle of the matter ) I’d be happy enough if we could just get the same games the other regions get. I wish sony would act more like a single company instead of several separate companies scattered around the world who just happen to sell some of the same products.

+ DrBingogh on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

Nice update. Thanks! Heard alot about WipeoutHD it’ll be nice to try it out for free.

+ Geist01 on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

I can’t wait for Savage Moon and Flower but we really need some more PSOne classics or start putting out PS2 and PS3 games for purchase through the PSN.

+ ksncobra on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:59 pm said:

This is a disappointing update this week.

+ Alpha6UFS on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:59 pm said:

Not that great for an update…ya… at least FEAR 2 demo only wows me this week.

+ Thew902 on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:59 pm said:

Well I’ll be checking out Wipeout finally.

That Skate DLC is a waste.

+ Absydion on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

This is a really, really lackluster update. Not a single new game? Where is Savage Moon? You say you “are in the process of finalizing Savage Moon and making significant strides to ensure that [you] deliver one of the most action-packed tower-defense games on PSN.” I’m sorry, did you not already make sure of that for the European release over a month ago?

+ BlindMango on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:01 pm said:

SPYRO PS1 classics, please!!

+ Vengeful-Chaos on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:02 pm said:

A paid PSP theme since when do they have those! I hope it’s a decent one.

+ foolio_67 on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:03 pm said:

I’ll be downloading the FEAR demo!

+ CrystalX3D on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:03 pm said:

@72
no, what’s crap is that after all this time my battery indicator still covers up the clock. I mean honestly, how difficult is it to fix that?

+ Enigma777 on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:03 pm said:

<..>
That’s it?

Well, at least there’s the Fear 2 demo…

+ ThatDudeCurtis on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

I’m sorry but this update is terrible, ESPECIALLY On the PSP. Its no wonder developers aren’t making games for it, and a lot of the people who own one do nothing but steal games. You guys aren’t even supporting it. I love my PSP, and I’m not going to lie, at one time I had CFW, but I got rid of it when you launched the PSP store, because I wanted to support you 110%. I’m Sorry but you can’t have my money if you don’t give me anything to buy. My Wallet is open. Give me some content.

+ Jenovah on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:12 pm said:

Was hoping the KZ2 Ballet of Death would show up :(

+ Sneeches on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:18 pm said:

worst update ever!!! This week had nothing!!!

+ Berae on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:21 pm said:

@89 Jenovah

Yea me too, i asked for it last week and Jeff told me to stay tuned so it will probably be release soon

+ Crotin on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:23 pm said:

aww..no PSN games or Mirrors Edge DLC

+ Moosehole on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:26 pm said:

Well I got the Brain Challenge expanison because it’s cheap now and its the only way to get some of the trophies for the game (LAME), but man you guys really screwed everyone who bought it last week. Not cool.

And the update is CRAP! The last two weeks you released 2 downloadable games each week. You could have held one of those 4 back and brought it out today. Or gave us a PS One classic. Or gave us Savage Moon WHICH IS ALREADY FINISHED AND RELEASED EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD!

So many things you could have done to give us SOME kind of content this week, but instead you shovel this steaming pile of dung on us. And don’t even get me started on the PSP Store. Do you guys at Sony honestly wonder why people feel the need to hack thier PSPs? If you do, then you so out of touch it’s comical.

+ stlthriot on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

Awww, I wait all week for these updates, and sadly not really worth noting… I guess I can just wait until Feb. 12th for Flower. :)

+ Koroshiya on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:27 pm said:

I had a good laugh at the Skate 2 DLC. It’s EA, so I’m not surprised.

Looking forward to seeing some more PlayStation Classics soon, as you guys promised you would be focusing on releasing more this year. :)

+ WINNERS_CIRCLE24 on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:29 pm said:

i hate it ps only add 16 things mostly videos

+ Samonides on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:37 pm said:

Not to be rude, but I am extremely puzzled by the slim offerings. Aren’t you guys having a tough financial time these days? Wouldn’t offering things that people want to buy, like more PS1 games, generate some revenue? I mean, I want to spend money in the PS3 store, but you guys put so little up that’s worth buying. Where are the old games we all want? Why the disparity between the regional stores?

It makes no business sense. You have people that are EAGER to spend their money with you, but you don’t release the games. I can’t make any sense of it.

+ maxxy209 on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:37 pm said:

Still kinda shot down that you guys didnt add Psone classic I mean at legacy of kain or spyro heck even megaman would have sufficed.

You guys show PS3 so much love and don’t realize some of us actually like/loveo ur psp’s just as much as PS3′s.

+ evilherbie on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

Not that bad of an update but could be ALOT better..
DEMOS: we ALL are waiting for are as follows,

1) Resident Evil 5
2) God Of War 3
3) Uncharted 2
4) Wanted
5) 50 cent:Blood On The Sand
6) Godfather 2
7) Saboteur
8) Batman: Arkham Asylum
9) Bayonetta
10) Infamous

These are the games we ALL would like to see. then you would have alot more reserves do to the fact that we can ” TRY BEFORE YOU BUY ” now thats the way I always do it no matter what the reviews or ratings may say…
THANK YOU SONY YOU GUYS KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK..

+ metallikat on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:43 pm said: