PS4 - Destiny

Savage Moon Coming Soon to PSN

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar + Posted by Daimion Pinnock on Jan 22, 2009 // Producer, SCEA

Savage Moon Screenshot1 1-22

Attention all Savage Moon fans! I just wanted to let you know that the game will be coming out within the next couple of weeks! We are in the process of finalizing Savage Moon and making significant strides to ensure that we deliver one of the most action-packed tower-defense games on PSN. Available on the PlayStation Network for just $9.99, Savage Moon is perfect for anyone in to sci-fi strategic and fast-paced games. In Savage Moon, players are tasked to defend mining facilities from Insectocyte monsters by building towers in strategic locations while using a massive array of weapons to fend off waves of increasingly tough enemies. Killing Insectocytes will earn you funds that can be used to build, upgrade or research new weapons to strengthen your defenses.

We definitely appreciate your patience and eager anticipation of its release. Stay tuned and keep checking back on the PS Blog for updates. In the meantime, enjoy the screenshots!

Savage Moon Screenshot2 1-22

Savage Moon Screenshot3 1-22

PAGE 1 2 3

+ cowboyvssamurai on January 22nd, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

Thanks for the update, will there be any changes from the version that is out now in other areas?

+ xenorevlis on January 22nd, 2009 at 4:01 pm said:

@84

You don’t even have a PS3, so please give it up. Did you forget that we can now see who actually has a PS3 connected to their account?

As for everyone else – I agree that we deserve a better explanation. This blog fails in that regard as it has a bit too much PR talk. It appears the real problem at hand is the one plaguing the other regions.

Hopefully the “delay” will mean not only we will get a FULLY WORKING version of Savage Moon, but that the regions which already have it will get a patch at the same time (if not before).

+ Schnacky on January 22nd, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

where is today’s PSN Update? hopefully we get a PS1 title or something for no Savage Moon.

Come on Suikoden 2.

+ Jewdo on January 22nd, 2009 at 4:11 pm said:

CMOOOOON JUST RELEASE IT! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!

+ GGCAN on January 22nd, 2009 at 4:12 pm said:

Thanks Daimion.

Ever since you people announced this game last year, I’ve been waiting for it.

+ AgentLemon on January 22nd, 2009 at 4:14 pm said:

@99

Clues are cheap. Don’t respond to anything I say until you get one. OMG HIS PSTHREE ISNT CONNECTED TO HIS COMPLAIN ABOUT SAVAGE MOON ON THE BLOG ACCOUNT!11one! It’s people like you that cheat Darwin out of free points every time you walk out of your house and don’t get run over by a bus. Your [DELETED] about the same thing that I am. Just agree with me and move on.

+ xIvSlowDeath420 on January 22nd, 2009 at 4:16 pm said:

Wow the Blog is just all Joy lately,THE game is done and we can’t play it till Feb 27th,LBP stuff for the next month and a bit SUCKS and its delayed….and now we can’t play a finished game that i’ve been waiting to play for weeks….for a few more weeks,unbelievable.

+ RememberMetal on January 22nd, 2009 at 4:25 pm said:

Heh. Patient. Not based on the responses to last weeks Store update post.

I’d love to hear from someone why this game has been delayed in the U.S. for -so- long. Is it because of the PS3 freezing thats hitting the euro-folks? Is it someone in marketing who thinks that holding out on Sony’s loyal fanboys is sound strategy…

answers please.

+ KazeEternal on January 22nd, 2009 at 4:34 pm said:

@86 why is there no content today?

+ JKC31 on January 22nd, 2009 at 4:37 pm said:

Socom started out this way too.

+ John-Shooter on January 22nd, 2009 at 4:40 pm said:

you guys do realize that we’re probably not gettin a store update beccause of the PS3 v2.60 / PSP v5.03 update right?…

I personally can wait for this game all it really looks like is a space version of PJM and i hardly play that right now… but thats just me …

+ acerazer1 on January 22nd, 2009 at 4:48 pm said:

I don’t mind the delay, it looks great and worth the wait. Here’s to a bug-free (hopefully) release soon here in NA.

+ wolvyfactor on January 22nd, 2009 at 4:51 pm said:

A system update has nothing to do with a store update.

+ John-Shooter on January 22nd, 2009 at 4:54 pm said:

they have post-poned store updates before… but im not sayin they did this time…

+ thedarkotun1 on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:02 pm said:

man the stote updates comes so late.. (its 8pm here)

+ schwaa on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

Store update is up…and it’s small. Fear 2 demo, Wipeout HD demo, Skate 2 Add On and some other stuff.

+ Obi_Al_Kenobi on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:09 pm said:

Does this game will have some local multiplayer aspect? or even online?

+ Stupidlamas on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

No multiplayer? You guys as the developers fail this community full of people that love the joy of playing with another human being in a game such as this…I hope you feel bad.

+ FlyRice on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:20 pm said:

No multiplayer = No buy.

and I’m not talking about online global leaderboards.

+ mikedo2007 on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

The game does remind me of Starship Troopers. Will this carry any quote from the movie like:

“Come on you apes, you wanna live forever?”
” I need a corporal. You’re it, until you’re dead or I find someone better.”
“”Everyone fights. No one quits. You don’t do your job, I’ll shoot you myself.”

+ mikedo2007 on January 22nd, 2009 at 5:24 pm said:

Service guarantees citizenship.

Would you like to know more?

+ Sneeches on January 22nd, 2009 at 6:17 pm said:

sweet, thanks for the update. I’ll be getting this day 1. :)

+ RememberMetal on January 22nd, 2009 at 7:35 pm said:

Boo, Daimion spent his replies answering questions with answers that have long been available elsewhere.

No word regarding the delay…
The specific release date…

Why God? why!?!?

+ FluxZero on January 22nd, 2009 at 7:36 pm said:

I love this game.
If you like tower defense its a must
buy for any PlayStation owner.
It offers a wide range of tactics, and
tower types. Well worth playing.

(Wow Australia actully got something
before the USA)

+ Elazul on January 22nd, 2009 at 9:38 pm said:

Wow, Europe store actually got something first!
Hurray!

+ thereapersson on January 23rd, 2009 at 1:36 am said:

Thanks! The wait is really killing me, but I’m glad it’s almost over. Now an important question: Does the game support custom soundtracks? I have some really nice music I want to play in this game, and it’d be a shame if I couldn’t use it.

Still, I have faith that even if you don’t enable custom soundtracks that the game will still have awesome audio direction.

SAVAGE MOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!

+ theundeadhorde on January 23rd, 2009 at 3:42 am said:

I’m losing my patience with this.

+ Bilbo_bobbins on January 23rd, 2009 at 3:51 am said:

I love Savage Moon. Great songs !

game looks good too

+ StalkingSilence on January 23rd, 2009 at 4:03 am said:

“Killing Insectocytes will earn you funds”
Not sure if that makes any sense, but I suppose PJM operates the same way. Was hoping Savage Moon would take a more unique route. But I love me the tower defense games.

+ Enforcer_X on January 23rd, 2009 at 5:56 am said:

@109
I was not serious it was a joke because the PSN update was taking so long and we had no news on the update just 2 blog posts about delays of content.

+ JorgieX on January 23rd, 2009 at 7:37 am said:

Seems really cool. But nothing new here. Just same old gameplay with different skin on it. I loved desktop towers but now with so many itterations of it’s gameplay, I am not impressed even if the game is fun. So IMO I won’t pay more than $4.99 for this game.

+ frostquake on January 23rd, 2009 at 7:39 am said:

Question?

What will the size of the install be?
Thanks
psn:frostquake

+ SeanScythe on January 23rd, 2009 at 10:16 am said:

I was getting this but when I found out there is no online or splitscreen that blew me off. I expected the delay to be maybe because you are adding this but I guess not. Shame I really was looking forward to this game.

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on January 23rd, 2009 at 2:39 pm said:

When is the real, physical, disc copy coming?

+ DrunkRaba on January 23rd, 2009 at 6:37 pm said:

I will be getting this day one, I just want that day to come faster!

+ APaz on January 24th, 2009 at 12:32 am said:

I will be for sure buying this game on release.

+ JpaQ on January 24th, 2009 at 1:26 pm said:

i’m curious about the weapons. what are the fantastic guns u can aquire.

Besides the basic weaponry that all TD games start off with, are there any
out-of-this-world Defense Tech which would aid in dispatching any and all insectoid attackers?

+ derrickgott007 on January 24th, 2009 at 3:21 pm said:

They should rename the PSN to “The Tower Defence Network” as there are too many tower defence games on there.

+ JpaQ on January 24th, 2009 at 5:39 pm said:

are there any other TD games on PSN besides PJM and Savage Moon ?

+ Kronix20 on January 24th, 2009 at 11:43 pm said:

Cant wait to see this one. :)

+ Sekoku on January 25th, 2009 at 9:53 am said:

Pricing? Demo? *cough*

Demo, esp. is important to me, coming from XBLA to PSN the lack of forced demos on digital downloads is :(. Please tell me you guys are giving one, as this looks interesting, but I haven’t heard of it and I’m not good at RTS tower defense games to warrant plunking $10 down and not playing it after five minutes if I suck at it.

+ NeCrom-X on January 27th, 2009 at 9:49 am said:

@3 I read that site and the people writing stuff don’t know what they are talking about. Games run in different resolutions because some devs can’t get the game to run smoothly at 1080p so they go to 720p most people could never tell the difference between the two if it wasn’t for the aspect ratio. I think real gamers would get a TV that supported multiple resolutions instead of just the high and low end of the spectrum. You get what you pay for and you get problems when you don’t research stuff before buying a TV. If you grab a TV just cause it’s cheap when you could of spent probably 100 bucks more to get a quality TV with multiple resolution support. I got my HD TV when they were still making them in CRTs. It was a Advent 1080i 27″ TV and supports 480/i/p 780i/p and 1080i and that was 6 years ago and it cost 400 bucks. I’ve never had any problems with any games not displaying right because I researched the TV and knew what I wanted to do with it play games.

+ NeCrom-X on January 27th, 2009 at 9:50 am said:

@141 they said 9.99 if you read the article.

+ sentry65 on January 29th, 2009 at 10:44 pm said:

I’m really disappointed this game doesn’t upscale to 1080i

I bought a $1900 55 inch HDTV 5 years ago that does 480i/p and 1080i and so this game looks absolutely horrible at 480p. The text is incredibly blurry. Do they even play test their games at 480i/p? Have they ever thought up upscaling the text at least?

Game is otherwise fun, but I’m not going to rush out and buy a big new HDTV every few years especially when my TV looks great for everything else.

+ Rammstein874 on February 20th, 2009 at 10:52 am said:

I cant wait should be out soon right? This is like an TD right?

PAGE 1 2 3