PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Resistance 2 Patch 1.40 Details

Bryan Intihar's Avatar + Posted by Bryan Intihar on Jan 23, 2009 // Community Manager, Insomniac Games

If you played Resistance: Fall of Man, you know that Insomniac continually looked for ways to improve the online experience, even several months after the game’s release. We’re taking the same approach with Resistance 2, as patch 1.40 will be available for download on Monday, January 26 (you’ll automatically receive the download prompt the next time you play the game). The patch addresses several areas, including:

Multiplayer Progression

Some people have seen their competitive and/or cooperative characters reset to level 1. For several of those cases, this patch will not only bring back all the XP, stats, and attributes that you’ve lost, but it will also add to your character profile the XP/stats/attributes that you’ve earned since those levels were reset. For example, say you were a level 20 medic and after being reset to level 1, and you earned 5,000 XP. Thanks to the patch, you’ll return a level 20 medic and that 5,000 XP will be added to your profile.

This patch will also correct some medal and trophy issues, including the “Killing Machine” trophy (if you’ve already accumulated 10,000 kills but haven’t received this trophy, it’ll pop up as soon as you download the patch).

Here are some additional patch 1.40 details:

Trophy/Medal/Ribbons

• “Salute Me” trophy is not awarded until player reaches level 31 (Lieutenant)
  • “Berserker” trophy can be collected during non-ranked games
  • “Survivor” medal can be collected in cooperative games
  • “Sure Shot” ribbon is awarded if player has accuracy of exactly 50%

Clans

• Added clan support for viewing members, sending invites, and setting up clan tags
  • Default clan region is now USA

Match Balancing

• Unbalanced ranked games are cancelled in staging before the game is started
  • Parties are prevented from matchmaking into free-for-all Deathmatch games

Competitive

• Loadouts can be disabled in the “Create Game” screen in competitive games
  • Balanced the chance of dropping large ammo pickups in competitive games
  • Core Control scoreboard displays “Kills”
  • Improved scoreboard formatting

Cooperative

• Balanced the amount of XP gained by the Medic class in cooperative games
  • Stalker movement enabled in cooperative games
  • Small ammo pickups don’t give LAARK ammo in cooperative games

Weapons/Gameplay

• Splash damage on Pulse Cannon can damage the player firing it
  • Rossmore reticule better reflects its accuracy
  • Fire is easier to shake off
  • Players cannot swap weapons in the middle of a melee attack

Miscellaneous

• Localized text updates
  • Network message optimizations
  • EULA displays the correct language text for Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish and Danish

If you have any questions regarding the patch, please visit and post in the MyResistance.net message boards. The Insomniacs will be there to help answer them.

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7

+ zeel on January 24th, 2009 at 9:07 am said:

cool

+ crak-a-lak on January 24th, 2009 at 9:15 am said:

I love Resistance 2, I just think that some changes need to be made. For example one issue I have is the fact that when you are reloading you are stuck in that reload animation until you are through reloading. In competitive mode this often gets you killed because it makes you move slowly. Why cant you cancel the reload by just moving or running away so that you can get out of harms way??? Oh and for the third resistance you should collaborate with Guerilla Games. Their graphics engine mixed with Resistance gameplay would be ridiculous.

+ Raorueda on January 24th, 2009 at 10:43 am said:

I already finished the campaign in hard level. Also, I play cooperative mode with my brother but some times some friends came to my house for play it, but only 2 of us play while others watch. So I think there no are games enough for 4 player coop splitscreen in PS3 (I dont understand why, if you can connect until 7 ds). Have you thinked in add that?

+ saiyanknight87 on January 24th, 2009 at 12:56 pm said:

any plans for custom music what’s going on y’all it’s a lot of people who want this just as mandatory for the games like trophy support is starting to be mandatory c’mon y’all we’re suppost to be better than xbox if more games came with that feature like xbox you know how man sales you can convert with that feature alone!

+ Silondo on January 24th, 2009 at 1:02 pm said:

dear insomniac, thanks for the great games and the nice support! i love the resistance series, and i hope you make a 3.rd game.

i found a repeatable failure: when i play competitive mode with a friend per splitscreen, and one of us uses the Fareye AND acivated the zoom, the PS3 freezes! i have to switch power off/on, to start it again!

and i have a little wish, please paint friends/groupmembers in another color than blue, so that i can find them easier.

greetings from germany
silondo

+ Psychorelick on January 24th, 2009 at 3:12 pm said:

I really enjoy R-1 and 2, can’t wait for retribution.

I would love to be able to play music from hard drive while playing missions or online, with PS3.

but for now I use psp with speaker system to do so.

+ Psychorelick on January 24th, 2009 at 3:40 pm said:

2nd post sorry.

just had to say Thanks to insomniac games for R.F.O.M and R-2 they both come close to my psycho-ness and I can’t wait to get online and show my skills.

thanks , later

+ okaynowwhat on January 24th, 2009 at 4:47 pm said:

Hello everybody, I’m a newbie here so pls bare with me as I might be posting in the wrong area.

I am having trouble playing Resistance 2. I am in San Fransisco….I think I’m supposed to be looking for a doctor.

Anyway, I’m at the part where I’m standing on some platform or deck. To my left, there is a pool of water with some monster creature swimming around (fall in and I’m dead + weapons have no effect against fishy). I can see a fallen comrade lying on a grate in the middle of the pool.

On my platform are several weapons, some boxes, and a closed gate. Behind me (from where I have come) is a closed steel door.

My question is how do I proceed?? I figure that I must go through the gate but how? It will not open!!

okaynowwhat?

All replies appreciated…thx

+ Chillpill100 on January 24th, 2009 at 5:58 pm said:

Alot of the time when I play online, I get a blackscreen in the middle of a co-op, or comppetitive game saying network error and I get kicked out of it. It’s not my router because I am still signed into the PlayStation Network, is the patch going to fix that?

+ John-Shooter on January 24th, 2009 at 6:38 pm said:

@257

you have to hit the enemy with the pulse cannon that you pick up in the previous room…

but i think you might be screwed unless you can damage the enemy enough with grenades/203 cuz i think it checkpoints when you go into that room…

you might have to restart the mission or the game idk… but i dont think the doctor unlocks the door till you pick up the pulse cannon…

+ John-Shooter on January 24th, 2009 at 6:40 pm said:

o wait your at where you first run into the fury’s lol.. there should be some steel planks that go over the water that you can walk across … my bad

dont waste your ammo on those things i have yet to try and actually kill them cuz your pretty much just told to avoid them…

+ L2K-Lashiec on January 24th, 2009 at 7:47 pm said:

So… on this will the competitive damage system be… not so much fixed… but adjusted? I think the damage for some weapons and there secondary fire is a lil stronger than it should be… and some of the weapons dont do near they damage they should… just a thought and a question at the same time O.o?

+ AndyChaos on January 24th, 2009 at 8:13 pm said:

YES! Y-E-S!

+ Heavenly_king on January 24th, 2009 at 8:18 pm said:

Hi, I have some troubles with the trophy system in R2. I have collected all the intel of the SP but the trophy does NOT appear. That is just an example because I have more problems of the same kind with this game. Will this update fix that?? I like to collect trophies, and I have stopped playing R2 hoping for a patch that fix this problem. Will it be eventually fixed?? I also had this problem with UNCHARTED :(

I really hope you can reply me
Keep the good work XD

+ KoRnFlaw on January 24th, 2009 at 9:13 pm said:

i love this game and the psp demo was awesome. 10,000 kill trophy is crazy

+ WNxArchmage on January 24th, 2009 at 9:55 pm said:

Thanks Insomniac. Overall I’m really happy with this update, assuming that “Network message optimizations” means you’ve fixed the network errors and party bugs.

Now its time for you guys to start working on the additional content…

PLEASE bring back the old maps and game modes from R:FoM as add-on content to R2 (I’d be more then happy to pay for it ^_^)

+ Kasi7-85 on January 24th, 2009 at 10:53 pm said:

Well I’m not into FPS but I like the theme of R2 and if I well play it I have to play the First installment then the second . But Killzone 2 coming soo this is have to wait till 2 or 3 months I guess …
but anyway Thanx Insomniac for the update and
the care for improving this great game .

+ Smitjd on January 24th, 2009 at 11:05 pm said:

idk if this was brought up….will we ever see k/d together after Core and Skirmish matches?

+ dragfindel on January 25th, 2009 at 3:55 am said:

Argh So many games, not enough money.. :(
I am sorry Insomniac, but my money goes to Killzone 2.

+ martlew101 on January 25th, 2009 at 4:36 am said:

I hope this fixes the Master Spy bug. i have all intel but no trophie. It’s really annoying!

+ Gringo234 on January 25th, 2009 at 7:43 am said:

They better be working on new maps.

+ Lolocaust_ on January 25th, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

Instead of having stalkers move, why dont you make it give MORE THAN 10 XP WHEN YOU KILL IT.

And ammo packs should give more than 30 xp-.- 40 at least

Other than that, all the updates sound good.

+ equalsP on January 25th, 2009 at 10:53 am said:

“Now you may be asking, “But what about adding the option to save the second player’s character progress?” Truth be told, it required a certain PS3 firmware that wasn’t available at the time of Resistance 2’s release. We now have that firmware and are currently working to implement the feature. As soon as it’s ready, we’ll get it out to you.”

Woo!! This is what I’ve been looking forward too. Good you hear you guys are on top of it.

+ Southlakesoldier on January 25th, 2009 at 2:12 pm said:

Hopefully you address the map glitch on Orick that allows players to get outside of the map in a fenced off area and continually spawn there. It would be helpful if players were all in the same playing area and the entire other side of the team glitching outside of the playing area. Just thought you should know this is an issue as I was playing last night, 01/24/09, and this was occurring.

+ Ephracis on January 25th, 2009 at 2:24 pm said:

Please add in-game music. None of the games I own support this and it sucks. I really envy the 360 guys on this one (as well as the feature to sign in a second player like you can do on LBP).

In-game music! When? Ever?

+ RR182 on January 25th, 2009 at 3:11 pm said:

great I’m wanna try the game

+ Wilcox1000 on January 25th, 2009 at 3:27 pm said:

thanks for the update!

whats next on the list?

+ jose4life on January 25th, 2009 at 3:29 pm said:

trying out the new log in psn id

+ okaynowwhat on January 25th, 2009 at 5:00 pm said:

#259 / 260 — Thanx for reply John….I actually found my answer in Resistance forums and have moved on to Orick. Thx again
onw

+ clupula668 on January 25th, 2009 at 5:08 pm said:

First, just a note for a future patch. Sometimes, when I go to the Bonus Options and try to change the tint, it only allows me to do Sepia or Nuclear Winter. In fact, I can’t switch back to normal or to black and white. I guess look into that if that’s a problem others are having.

And finally, this isn’t a complaint. Just a suggestion for possible DLC. Myself, I’d love to see some new maps for Co-op. Maybe the Louisiana one or the one in the suburban neighborhoods. Those would be really fun to play. Also, it’d be nice if you had some of the actual bosses showing up in Co-op. Not in every map, but in maybe the last one of each area. Just a thought.

Anyway, great game either way.

+ McMicka on January 25th, 2009 at 5:46 pm said:

Hey guys, it’s good to hear that you are still trying to make a great game even better.
I’ve already got a level 30 medic, so I’m not worried to much about the balancing of xp, but I’m still not sure if it’s a good idea. Another way could have been to increase exp earned as other classes…

Anyway, I can’t wait to see how it’s changed, I’ll need to log into R2 straight away!
Thanks, and good luck with the next update!

+ DUDEyourdead on January 25th, 2009 at 5:47 pm said:

hey guys, what about a new game mode, im getting kind of tierd of playing teamdeath match and skirmish, and Im not really in to core control(never liked capture the flag) plus i dont play deathmatch because im always with my clan. So please a new game mode, something awesome that everyone would enjoy to play.

+ KARAMO on January 25th, 2009 at 7:38 pm said:

i dont know if someone has already asked this but im wondering if the level cap on the co-op will go beyond the current one.

+ Joakinrocker on January 25th, 2009 at 10:50 pm said:

adding more ribbons would be nice, or a voice like in Unreal tournament or hale 3, a voice saying SWEET DREAMS when I pull out a headshot, really, I woul love that, or making different multiple kills ribbons, isntead of just unstoppable, adding a double kill, triple kill, because you cant really know when cheking someones stats if they killed 6 guys or just 2 in a few seconds, anyway I love this game, really do, the experience is awesome, but these things would make it even better.

+ COMBATCSOLDIER on January 25th, 2009 at 11:03 pm said:

ya i completely agree with what most of you are saying. However resistance 2 is far better then the first one.

+ mckee1492 on January 26th, 2009 at 2:20 am said:

is there any chance of us getting the print screen back from r1 im sure everyone would like to see that get put back in

+ Badmamajamma on January 26th, 2009 at 6:06 am said:

I am dl’ing this patch as i type i’m rather excited about it i also stand with the ppl who want to see the 2nd player login that would be real decent. thanks alot insomniac

+ MistAhWikidNeSz on January 26th, 2009 at 6:14 am said:

Nice updatee

+ njpunk24 on January 26th, 2009 at 6:53 am said:

Does this fix the ‘freezing’ when playing online? Specifically when sorting the columns in the waiting room?

+ Diesel2232 on January 26th, 2009 at 8:46 am said:

Let me tell you what you have done to the game. You fixed a few “glitches”, like giving awards when they are earned, and that is where it stops.

Everything else has gone to “cheapen” the game as it was. The reason you could score more XP with a medic, is because nobody wants to be a medic. This is a first person shooter, not a first person healer. The medic should be awarded additional XP for taking on that role and not having the real opportunity to be a “shooter”.

The second huge flaw was that soldiers now only get LAARK ammo when they pick up a grenade pack. Seriously? That is the reason that we put in the hours of gameplay to earn the LAARK and use it when we want to, and not have to wait for a Spec Ops to drop the ammo. Those players that think it is unfair for level 28+ soldiers to use the LAARK are whining, and have not committed the hours of gameplay to earn it. To level things out you “should” have created another berserk for players to earn at a lower level. That way all players could have access to the LAARK and the “crying” could stop. All you have done is penalize those players who have earned the awards.

Very disappointing, to say the least!

+ aaronisbla on January 26th, 2009 at 10:08 am said:

@290

Not sure what the big deal is, the larger ammo packs were meant to provide explosives ammo. Plus at that level when you get it, unless you really just want the group kill, why not just use the wraith? you see how fast your berserk meter fills up and if you are using a soldier you are using the backlash berserk so you get plenty of kills regardless

+ viprdude on January 26th, 2009 at 11:11 am said:

Patch did nothing for the freezing issues.

+ macling on January 26th, 2009 at 12:19 pm said:

This is great news, I still can’t wait until 2 people can log on at once, but it’s great to hear your working in that direction.

Also, its great to see you guys reading the comments and leaving your own, nice to know we’re being paid attention to.

+ Zinacef on January 26th, 2009 at 1:45 pm said:

Still noticing freezing issues. :(

+ lilrhino on January 26th, 2009 at 1:58 pm said:

Unfortunately this “patch” does not address the offline coop 2nd player progression issue. It starts you back to some previous game and you NEVER progress. You still have to leave the game on day and night to have any type of progression. This is extremely disappointing!

+ Shadowknight890 on January 26th, 2009 at 3:24 pm said:

Cool update, but there are a few things I would like to see in R2:

Better accuracy for the Carbine, just like in R:FOM. Please?? lol. And the Weaponwheel, or weapon pickups. Please reply.

+ NoyBoy on January 26th, 2009 at 3:50 pm said:

I don’t know if this is for everyone or just me, but after the patch i kept getting killed by grenades. Although thats normal, the frustrating part is not being able to see the grenades and the grenade indicator not showing me the grenade, just me getting killed out of nowhere. Is that happening with other people too?

Oh and i keep losing connection to the game, all of a sudden I been logged out of R2 although my wireless connection is fine and i’m still logged into PSN, I just have to wait to recconect with R2 or i’ve been disconnected from a game. Is it just me??

+ BlackMoney18 on January 26th, 2009 at 4:10 pm said:

not saying you guys have to but you guys should make new bigger maps that allow vehicles for the next update.

+ Bishop-Guardian on January 26th, 2009 at 4:20 pm said:

i have a couple of questions
1: how far can you go with adding software to the game?
2: i pretty sure that some where along the line you’ll come out with map packs for the game but I’m just wondering if its going to an original design, taken from campaign of R2. or some original maps from R:FoM
3: is it possible to change the aim system at-least for the carbine to aim down the sights on the rifle
thats all

+ Istvan59 on January 26th, 2009 at 5:27 pm said:

I have a DAQ not related to the update (sorry) – at the end of a co-op match, some players names are in a blue box, others are not, what does this indicate? Thanks

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7