LittleBigPlanet 3

MotorStorm Pacific Rift Game Update Just Around the Corner!

Jamie Brayshaw's Avatar + Posted by Jamie Brayshaw on Jan 26, 2009 // Community Development Manager, Evolution Studios

The first major update for MotorStorm Pacific Rift is currently in the final stages of development and testing. This update contains many improvements and amendments to the game, as well as fixes to several issues reported on the forum, and is scheduled for release in the near future.

Details of the first update:

• Restrictions to the copying of Saved Data have been removed. This will make it possible for Saved Data to be backed up and then restored to the User Account it was created under (whether that’s on the same PLAYSTATION 3 or not).*
  • Changes to the way the game handles data. These changes will help to prevent Saved Data corruption.
  • Visual notification of critical save progress has been added. A ‘MotorStorm Helmet’ icon will be displayed on-screen to warn users that critical data is being saved. This is in addition to the HDD Access light which currently flashes while the game makes a critical save.
  • The glitch which enables a player to exploit the Boost system has been removed. The development team are working to identify which times have been achieved using this glitch; Action will be taken to ensure that the Leaderboards become genuinely competitive again.
  • Time Attack times and Rank information will update correctly for all players. Any pending Time Attack times will begin to filter through systematically and the online Ranks should display correctly once the update is released.
  • Additional fixes and improvements to gameplay. Many thanks for your feedback on these and other issues so far; we are still investigating the other issues that have been brought to our attention.

Should you notice anything about the game that you feel needs to be brought to our attention, please let us know via the VIP.MotorStorm.com forums.

73 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ big-gunns on January 26th, 2009 at 7:41 pm said:

I like it when developers update their games like this. It makes me wanna buy this game ;).

+ ThAGriZZ45 on January 26th, 2009 at 8:23 pm said:

I really want this game!!! Moneys tight right about now though so it’ll just have to wait. Lets hope this update is out by then. =)

+ LarryL on January 26th, 2009 at 10:14 pm said:

@ 45

The controls do affect your tilt, alot more than the 6axis does. In fact with the default set-up, I ply laying on my back with the controller like straight up and it doesn’t noticably affect my control of the tilt at all. I controll my tilt with the d-pad, same buttons I race with. Same thing with the analog stick when you use that. Try harder.

+ BATEY on January 26th, 2009 at 11:53 pm said:

Anyone else having trouble communicating via headset when there are more than 2 guys in a private lobby. The third guy entering cannot hear the other 2.

+ Samsamurai84 on January 27th, 2009 at 12:49 am said:

Its about time, i had problems with the save, they had an error and did not work after i made it to level 8 in festival mode.
and the AI is really really hard at level 7 and 8, i wish they also fix that.

+ Drugo on January 27th, 2009 at 1:35 am said:

When new tracks and new content? :-P

+ rockleex on January 27th, 2009 at 3:16 am said:

You guys need to include a Difficulty option for the Festival Mode or tone down the AI on the last few levels!

I understand you guys want the game to be hard… but there are people who don’t have the time to find the best route with a vehicle and the best way to boost all while trying to avoid getting crushed by Monster Trucks or Big Rigs.

+ LDS30COMP on January 27th, 2009 at 3:18 am said:

Glad to hear that they have fixed the boost ‘glitch’. Used to really bug me that people felt the need to use that glitch. I enjoyed playing online but got fed up with the boost abusers which kind of killed the fun for me. Still I will return for more fun once I’m done with Resistance 2, but may struggle to find time for it once Killzone 2 is out, too many good games not enough time…..

+ keyrat on January 27th, 2009 at 5:48 am said:

Wheel support please. G25. This is the perfect game for it!

+ Delta_force2389 on January 27th, 2009 at 6:56 am said:

Zomg !!!! O_o

+ superjunior76 on January 27th, 2009 at 7:13 am said:

To the ones who haven’t bought this game yet, buy it! It’s uncomplicated action fun from minute 1. Addictive online mode with players ranked after skill, so you won’t meet too good/bad players.

+ Chillpill100 on January 27th, 2009 at 10:14 am said:

In the next patch, or this one, you should add the ability to listen to the tracks while choosing which ones to turn off or turn on since I don’t know which song title’s, go with which song! Correct me if it’s there and I just missed it:P

+ JoE5005 on January 27th, 2009 at 10:15 am said:

This game was without a doubt the most underrated game of 2008. I think it still got somewhat decent sales, but it deserved so much more. By far the best racer of 2008. Update sounds great guys. I’m still trying to chip away at the last events in Rank 7. :P

+ Wip3ou7pure on January 27th, 2009 at 10:33 am said:

Where is the 3D-Glasses update? C’mon!

+ NEJI64 on January 27th, 2009 at 10:38 am said:

how come motorstorm don’t have online split screen i find that odd. to have a offline splitscreen but don’t have online split screen.

+ mctnguy on January 27th, 2009 at 2:10 pm said:

I would like to make you aware of a problem that exists for people who own HDTVs that only do 480p and 1080i.

People who have 480/1080 only TVs are forced to play any game that only supports 720p in 480p. Is it possible for Sony to add support to scale all games to 1080i/p like the Xbox 360 does? I currently avoid buying games that do not support 1080 resolution (including the Motorstorm series), which is sadly quite a few of them.

See Forum Theads:

and

For more details.

Thanks so much!

+ jimmy903 on January 27th, 2009 at 3:21 pm said:

Thanks for the info.

Motorstorm Pacific Rift is awesome. I was not going to pick it up after reading some of the reviews, I know, I don’t know what I was thinking I loved the first one.

Anyways, myself and quite a few of my friends have been enjoying the hell out of some split screen action, the online is intense as is the single player.

Any info on the Motorstorm for PSP I heard about it being in production? Make sure to include some cross play features between the PS3 and PSP versions. Thanks

+ DJ_DTM on January 27th, 2009 at 4:40 pm said:

Thanks for working so hard on the fixes, this game is worth the money, I love it.

+ iExile on January 27th, 2009 at 5:23 pm said:

Just purchased this game last week and the addiction has begun! My god I regret waiting so long to buy this. Stupid game reviews are beginning to make no sense. I played Pure and was bored to death. No variety, it just felt like an ATV game with lots of bloom used to hide the bad graphics. ONLY ATV’s, small tracks, bad soundtrack, weak animations, annoying tutorial voice, etc. MotorStorm: Pacific Rift mops the floor with Pure and some reviews don’t agree? Sometimes I’m left without a choice but to believe that the media is biased against Sony. Thank you for entering the console wars, Microsoft. The games industry was doomed to hell on that day. Buying positive press = Pathetic.

+ LeoMindfreak08 on January 27th, 2009 at 6:39 pm said:

Excelent! i’m was waiting for a Pacific Rift update for a long time…
.. i’ll like to notice some add-on, because in many many month we don’t have any for the game! (see Burnout Paradise case as good example).

Thanks.
Leo.-

+ CygnusZero on January 28th, 2009 at 7:27 am said:

One of the most frustratingly difficult games ive ever played. I hope fixing the rubberband AI and messy track design not being able to tell where to go is on order.

+ mntwister on January 31st, 2009 at 9:38 pm said:

I just love this game and have played for hours, more than any other game in quite some time. My 8 year old nephew and I have the greatest time doing the 2-player split screen mode, nice to see a few updates coming. Keep up the awesome work:-)

+ WILLBO_4 on January 31st, 2009 at 10:21 pm said: