Bloodborne

Bejeweled 2 Coming to PSN

Greg Canessa's Avatar + Posted by Greg Canessa on Jan 29, 2009 // Vice President of Video Game Platforms, PopCap Games

Bejeweled 2 screenshot 6

Hey everyone, I’ve got some exciting news out there for all you PlayStation Network downloadable gaming fans! I am happy to announce that Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) and PopCap have teamed up to bring our hit casual game titles to PSN and PLAYSTATION 3 for the first time ever! This collaboration has been a long time coming, so we’re happy to finally be able to talk about it with you guys.

Our first title is none other than the classic online puzzle game Bejeweled 2. Many of you may be familiar with the franchise – it has won dozens of awards and has sold more than 20 million copies worldwide. It’s our biggest franchise at PopCap and our most successful title, which is why we chose Bejeweled 2 as our first title for PSN and PS3. The game is a natural fit for the platform – it plays great, looks great and is as compelling as ever. And there is a ton of gameplay in Bejeweled 2 – four different game modes, more than 60 puzzles, power-ups, high-definition graphics and much more. And if you’re like me, you’ll sit there for hours playing late into the night, wondering why you’re unable to pull yourself away!

The team at SOE has been fantastic to work with, and they share our vision of making the best versions of our games possible, with features that are specific to the PS3 platform. For Bejeweled 2, that means exclusive stuff like Trophy support and PSP remote play, which you’ll only find on PSN. We’ve got similar exclusive features (and some surprises) planned for future games and franchises that we plan to produce as part of this alliance.

And this is just the beginning. Teams at PopCap and SOE are hard at work developing several more titles for PSN, to be announced soon. We are so psyched to finally be on PS3 and can’t wait to see you online.

Greg Canessa

Bejeweled 2 screenshot 5 Bejeweled 2 screenshot 8

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ jNortoft on January 29th, 2009 at 6:09 am said:

awesome

+ HorizonShadow on January 29th, 2009 at 6:10 am said:

I’ll think about the buy..

running low on funds =p

+ Capt-Fury- on January 29th, 2009 at 6:10 am said:

good to finally see bejeweled on the PSN

+ Pr1m3_5u5p3ct on January 29th, 2009 at 6:10 am said:

This will probably be my next psn game, but I HOPE that custom soundtracks are an option because if not, then I probably will not play it that often…

+ Kane22_ on January 29th, 2009 at 6:11 am said:

I’ve been looking forward to this game i hope it has custom soundtracks

+ DKShadow on January 29th, 2009 at 6:11 am said:

Sweet, definate day one purchase for me.

+ loklok10 on January 29th, 2009 at 6:17 am said:

good to see that

+ halfsane2000 on January 29th, 2009 at 6:24 am said:

Can only say its about time popcap and welcome.

+ lakaiHIGH on January 29th, 2009 at 6:34 am said:

i feel pretty satisfied with bejewled on my Sony Ericsson Xperia. you guys should release more games on the PSN. welcome.

peace,
Lh

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on January 29th, 2009 at 6:40 am said:

Remote play! great

+ indyw8 on January 29th, 2009 at 6:40 am said:

Very cool. Does this hit the store today? How much will it cost?

+ KazeEternal on January 29th, 2009 at 6:40 am said:

Any chance you guys might port this to PSP for download as well? I’m kind of sick of Lumines and Beats lol and I need something to break up my sessions of Crisis Core and Metal Gear on PSP.

+ stephen2005 on January 29th, 2009 at 6:43 am said:

Nice, I’ll probably be picking this up.

Any news of a Peggle game coming to the PSN? That game is so addicting!

+ Link01 on January 29th, 2009 at 6:46 am said:

ARRGGGGG, you have to announce this after the Prince Of Persia download add on was announced for next month…….. I have to watch my pennies now :(

+ Link01 on January 29th, 2009 at 6:46 am said:

BTW…… you guys REALLY need $5 PSN cards………. $20 is pushing it

+ Link01 on January 29th, 2009 at 6:47 am said:

Oh, and does this come out today?

+ Fersis on January 29th, 2009 at 6:49 am said:

The PSN is a beast really.
I just bought Crash Commando, awesome game.

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on January 29th, 2009 at 6:52 am said:

Is this FREE? if not it should be because it is free anywhere on the net. Sorry but I don’t feel it’s fair to have to pay for a game that is freely available everywhere and anywhere on the net. How much is this gonna cost? 5-10$$?? The PSN needs some free small games like this but like I said, I will be passing on this one, sorry better luck next time.

+ Schitthammer on January 29th, 2009 at 6:54 am said:

This is awesome. I just read that PopCap is also bringing Heavy Weapon and Peggle to PSN… LOVE IT!!!

+ erico316ecw on January 29th, 2009 at 7:00 am said:

what the price? and can we get bejeweled twist and dinner dash and pizza frenzy love those games !!!!!!!!!

+ Shim-en-Core on January 29th, 2009 at 7:02 am said:

Will it be released today/tonight or?

Greg Canessa's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 29th, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

Yup, coming out today, during the store update (look for the blog post).

+ DLB on January 29th, 2009 at 7:02 am said:

What is the Price for this title?

+ TimoTheThug on January 29th, 2009 at 7:02 am said:

This is awesome news…. Allways envied my friends who own a xbox who could play Bejeweld from day 1…. I know my mom is gonna dig this for sure.

Too bad I live in the EU region, The Netherlands, to be precise. I want those PSN cards!

Any timeframe info or info about the EU PSN cards? Well I would understand if my questions wouldn’t be answered since this is an US blog but I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance and sorry for my broken English :p lol!

+ Ftwrthtx on January 29th, 2009 at 7:06 am said:

Looks like fun.

+ Vengeful-Chaos on January 29th, 2009 at 7:06 am said:

Great I love Bejeweled games, how about a date and price please? Like today for 9.99? :)

Greg Canessa's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on January 29th, 2009 at 10:41 am said:

OK, done! :-)

+ ViolentPhlegm on January 29th, 2009 at 7:06 am said:

Peggle HD?

+ KILLZONE79 on January 29th, 2009 at 7:07 am said:

im guessing we might see these online titles
on PSN?

+ SPOPS on January 29th, 2009 at 7:08 am said:

Bejeweled is awesome… I have the game on my Ipod, Cell Phone, and Computer lol. Please Please Please don’t price this higher than $9.99. I also wonder just how hard the trophies are going to be.

+ DaWolf619 on January 29th, 2009 at 7:11 am said:

Seeing as I have this on XBLA for the last 3 years, I’m hoping the price is more like $4.99. It’s an old title that I’d go so far as to call a classic. $5.99 tops
Remote play is a sweet entry and I hope the trophies won’t be as rough as the Achievements for it. lol

+ chubigans on January 29th, 2009 at 7:13 am said:

Awesome. Apparently Bejewled is coming today too! Woo!

+ Vengeful-Chaos on January 29th, 2009 at 7:13 am said:

@ 15 Link01

Why would anyone purchase a 5 dollar PSN card when most games (not including PSP games which are 5.99) are 9.99 +, most map packs are 9.99 +, all movies are 9.99 – 14.99. The only thing that is 5 below that I can think of are themes, and I doubt someone would purchase a PSN card just for themes.

I wouldn’t mind if there was 10 dollar PSN card but some states are taxed and when a game is 9.99 they certainly don’t charge a 1 cent tax.

+ Jimb0 on January 29th, 2009 at 7:13 am said:

The other games already confirmed to be: Zuma, Heavy Weapon, Peggle and Feeding Frenzy

+ sweetsourporker7 on January 29th, 2009 at 7:15 am said:

cool! finally something ill know I like is coming. Im not really sure if ill buy it but I know its a really fun game. Id rather see some PS1 content but this is cool.

+ Aggie_CEO on January 29th, 2009 at 7:16 am said:

so ummmmm if this cost MORE than $5 then you can 4get it………I have it on my cellphone and thats enough for me…….its a cool game to play on the go when you are bored but I cant see paying to play it on the PS3…..

I’m sure someone will like it tho

+ jfx on January 29th, 2009 at 7:17 am said:

sounds cool. popcap games are good enough that I’d be up all hours of the night playing, losing track of time. remote play is a great addition if you can’t download it on the PSP. I’m looking forward to playing this in HD, being the puzzle game fan that I am.

Now just hook up Peggle in HD and you’re my god.

+ Jimb0 on January 29th, 2009 at 7:18 am said:

Also, Bejeweled 2 is officially $9.99

+ Vengeful-Chaos on January 29th, 2009 at 7:19 am said:

To add to my comment;

I forgot about music tracks, but even then you can nly purchase 2, in my eyes 5 dollar PSN cards aren’t worth it. 20 dollars covers everything on the store which is great.

+ LokeSTL on January 29th, 2009 at 7:23 am said:

Bejeweled + Trophies = Purchase!

+ FoolKiller79 on January 29th, 2009 at 7:27 am said:

I always wondered where the PopCap games were. I doubt I will get this for PS3, but a PSP version I would consider. They are more quick pick-up and play kind of games and rarely do I find myself needing that on the PS3.

On the PSP though, I would likely play a lot.

Remote Play is nice, but I’m not always in range of a WiFi hotspot with my PSP.

+ mixedkidbx on January 29th, 2009 at 7:27 am said:

Cool. It can only be $5 though or i doubt i would get it. Like someone else said this game can be played free online.

+ CartBlanche on January 29th, 2009 at 7:28 am said:

I hope that PopCap come out with some PS3 Exclusive titles.

Depending on the price I may pick this up for the wife.

+ PSYKOH on January 29th, 2009 at 7:31 am said:

Are you guys planning to add Bookworm Adventures to the lineup? That game is tons of fun and very educational.

+ KSPRAYDAD on January 29th, 2009 at 7:32 am said:

Given the price of Piyotama $2.99 … I would only buy Bejeweled at $5 or less….volume pricing Popcap…else PS3 owners will just use their built in browser and play it in flash no (except for trophy VVhores) imo.

+ Jeigh on January 29th, 2009 at 7:33 am said:

Well… more options is never a bad thing. Personally, I prefer more original content, but some out there will inevitably be drawn to nostalgia.

I look forward to hearing more from you guys.

+ GGCAN on January 29th, 2009 at 7:41 am said:

Thanks Greg looks interesting and I like these puzzle games we’ve been getting lately.

+ r-nice on January 29th, 2009 at 7:43 am said:

I’ve never played Bejeweled; I may have to try this one out.

+ Ftwrthtx on January 29th, 2009 at 7:44 am said:

But when is the release date????

+ wu-stix on January 29th, 2009 at 7:44 am said:

Hope this has mouse support.

+ seamonkey420 on January 29th, 2009 at 7:45 am said:

bejeweled 2 = crack

got it on my touchscreen msi wind, my iphone and prob will get it on my ps3 :)

just wish they’d get lumines out there for us (or is it?)

+ ThEosSiE on January 29th, 2009 at 7:48 am said:

Very cool.. remote play support… very cool..

Peggle?! Yes!!