Bloodborne

Bejeweled 2 Coming to PSN

Greg Canessa's Avatar + Posted by Greg Canessa on Jan 29, 2009 // Vice President of Video Game Platforms, PopCap Games

Bejeweled 2 screenshot 6

Hey everyone, I’ve got some exciting news out there for all you PlayStation Network downloadable gaming fans! I am happy to announce that Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) and PopCap have teamed up to bring our hit casual game titles to PSN and PLAYSTATION 3 for the first time ever! This collaboration has been a long time coming, so we’re happy to finally be able to talk about it with you guys.

Our first title is none other than the classic online puzzle game Bejeweled 2. Many of you may be familiar with the franchise – it has won dozens of awards and has sold more than 20 million copies worldwide. It’s our biggest franchise at PopCap and our most successful title, which is why we chose Bejeweled 2 as our first title for PSN and PS3. The game is a natural fit for the platform – it plays great, looks great and is as compelling as ever. And there is a ton of gameplay in Bejeweled 2 – four different game modes, more than 60 puzzles, power-ups, high-definition graphics and much more. And if you’re like me, you’ll sit there for hours playing late into the night, wondering why you’re unable to pull yourself away!

The team at SOE has been fantastic to work with, and they share our vision of making the best versions of our games possible, with features that are specific to the PS3 platform. For Bejeweled 2, that means exclusive stuff like Trophy support and PSP remote play, which you’ll only find on PSN. We’ve got similar exclusive features (and some surprises) planned for future games and franchises that we plan to produce as part of this alliance.

And this is just the beginning. Teams at PopCap and SOE are hard at work developing several more titles for PSN, to be announced soon. We are so psyched to finally be on PS3 and can’t wait to see you online.

Greg Canessa

Bejeweled 2 screenshot 5 Bejeweled 2 screenshot 8

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ KLEPTO-nBc on January 30th, 2009 at 11:21 pm said:

Will it eventually have online competitive play like on time warner cable service version?

+ MayhemCK on January 31st, 2009 at 1:57 am said:

cellphone classic turnt HD cant go wrong

+ PSfanatic on January 31st, 2009 at 7:59 am said:

I downloaded the demo version of Bejewelled 2 and tried it out, but noticed it only works with controller #1. Is also true with the full version? I had to disconnect my guitar controller receivers and reassign my controller to #1 in order to play.

+ radavis on January 31st, 2009 at 9:45 am said:

Cant to seem to find it in the UK PSN. Is it there?

+ THATAIDE on January 31st, 2009 at 6:19 pm said:

AWSOME, I was wondering why Pop Cap didn’t support the PSN since they have a gazillion games on Xbox Live… Hope they all get released on PSN, I’ll probably purchase a bunch of them like I just did with Bejewled 2!

+ KiRiON on February 1st, 2009 at 10:14 am said:

Bah, no Custom Soundtrack Support. :(

+ sirsquirrelly on February 1st, 2009 at 3:14 pm said:

Purchased!!!! Now I need a release date for Zuma!

+ GLENLOPO13 on February 2nd, 2009 at 10:14 am said:

hi my name is glenlopez

+ Spyroluver88 on February 2nd, 2009 at 10:54 am said:

It’s probably too late to get a response to this but I guess I will give it a try anyway in hopes someone will respond.
I bought this game and I can’t get the remote play feature to work…any help would be appreciated:)

+ nm3th on February 2nd, 2009 at 9:02 pm said:

I’m having problems with remote play also. PJMonsters works fine but Bejeweled 2 freezes my PS3. Any help please?

+ Kilau on February 3rd, 2009 at 1:19 pm said:

I second that, remote play is not working for Bejeweled 2 for many of us.

+ Berke-h on February 4th, 2009 at 4:05 pm said:

Bejeweled 2 is $2.99 for my iPhone, why the 7 dollar difference? Yes the very same game from the very same developers.

Plus I can carry it with me, and also yes, I can play it for free on the web.

I need a price drop.